Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it possibly a developmentally delayed person shitting in your alley?

Possibly a sign that says, “not potty” would deter them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Motion lights would help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't want to kill anyone
View Quote

Well it's not a person so what's the problem
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
wear a mask, do "things" to solve problem
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just get some outdoor speakers and blast classical music.
View Quote
or an air compressor and a couple of those genuine train horns.   Blast it every time you see the guy and keep blasting until he leaves.   Or hoses with ice water, especially if it's cold outside.
You could even hook it to a motion sensor.
And TONS of other suggestions to dissuade them from coming there.
We get these "homeless turds shitting on my property; what can I do?" threads pretty regularly.   And then they run for several pages with all the same suggestions ranging from do nothing/move away to just shoot them.
There are many possible solutions; I guess it's a matter of how aggressive you want to get about it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, maybe you should go out there and tell them “not potty”.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it possibly a developmentally delayed person shitting in your alley?

Possibly a sign that says, “not potty” would deter them.
View Quote

LOL!

Damn, I see someone beat me to it!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Have bolts .no screws in the gate
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't you accidentally use screws that were half an inch too long when assembling that fence and gate? Measurement mistakes happen.

Have bolts .no screws in the gate

Facepalm
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ad hominem. Nice.

The fact that nobody - including you - has offered a serious solution to this issue proves my point. The bum is living his best life next to (not on) OP's property. What happened to "freedom is scary?" Or does that only apply when YOU are doing the behavior that someone ELSE doesn't like?

Government-enforced restrictions on property use, travel, public decency and addictive substances used to deter this sort of thing. Which one of those are you going to be advocating for?

Or are you suggesting that OP has the right to enforce his OWN moral code on other people's behavior off his property?

"Nasty, brutish and short" seems to be the kind of life we're headed back towards. There's a difference between that and liberty, but not many people recognize that anymore.
View Quote
No camping on public property.  Confiscate and destroy their person items when they try to camp.  Drop them at a shelter where they can sleep or the rehab centers.  Take their drugs.  

There's plenty of cops that can spend their time doing this rather than writing tickets and harassing productive citizens all day.  

Make it clear that you have two choices.  Be part of the rehab system or go live in the wilderness.

Making being a bum an easy option is the reason there are so many of them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup.

As for moving him on, I would suggest the water sprinkler Rain Bird on a motion detector. Fairly harmless.

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Motion detector triggered sprinklers.
View Quote

Better yet: motion triggered bidet.
Give it the Tim Taylor treatment: MORE POWER!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay, so he's squatting to poop, means his back is to the wall. Feet in front of him far enough to drop his deuce.
Leave a bunch of bacon grease where his back goes and where his feet go. He'll slide down and into his own poop pile.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would start by putting up security cameras and finding out who the shitter is, then take appropriate action.
If you can put up some motion-activated lighting, just keep the cameras and lighting out of reach as best you can and enjoy the show.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No camping on public property.  Confiscate and destroy their person items when they try to camp.  Drop them at a shelter where they can sleep or the rehab centers.  Take their drugs.  

There's plenty of cops that can spend their time doing this rather than writing tickets and harassing productive citizens all day.  

Make it clear that you have two choices.  Be part of the rehab system or go live in the wilderness.

View Quote
This is the key
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Are there any shelters that will take someone at any hour?
The ones I see around North Texas seem to only intake people
at certain hours early in the morning.  And they fill up quickly
and start turning people away. And they drug test you and won't
accept you if you test positive.

Are there any rehab centers that accept walk in patients off the streets
or that don't require insurance or payment upfront?

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP, maybe you should go out there and tell them “not potty”.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are there any shelters that will take someone at any hour?
The ones I see around North Texas seem to only intake people
at certain hours early in the morning.  And they fill up quickly
and start turning people away. And they drug test you and won't
accept you if you test positive.

Are there any rehab centers that accept walk in patients off the streets
or that don't require insurance or payment upfront?

View Quote
All pretty solvable problems.  Maybe spend a few billion less fighting a drug war you can't win and fund shelters and rehab centers instead.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Spent 15 years living it man, I'm not joking when I tell you that the solution to your problem is to move.

Confronting a homeless junky is not a good idea, you're confront someone who literally has nothing to lose and all day to fuck with you.

LEO's in areas with a high volume of homeless are completely demoralized and checked out, they aren't going to give you the time.

Cameras and security lights are a joke. There's an assumption there that the violent schizophrenic fentanyl addicted sex offender has some level of shame and doesn't want to be filmed taking a shit on your door step. Pro-tip: He doesn't

By the off chance some scheme in this thread works, it won't be too long before you're dealing with the same issue but a different junky. If a city tolerates homelessness even a little, you'll quickly end up with a lot. . . It spreads like cancer.

You should consider moving. I did and it was the best decision I've ever made.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#19]
When I lived in CA, real fireworks were prohibited in general, and in certain municipalities, even the neutered ones were prohibited.

The alcohol-inspired solution was to mount a propane cannon to the bed of a pickup truck, and to “shoot and scoot.”
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Get one of those motion detecting sprinklers.
I saw a video where people kept pissing on the backdoor of a guys business. It was in an alley. He plumbed a pipe that was pointing down in the area that was used for pissing. He also put a hidden camera so he could monitor. There are several videos of guys coming up to pee and get blasted with water. I think he even had a sign that said there is a drain that could activate at anytime so stay clear.
View Quote

Came here to post this.  I own one of these for animals.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We have a homeless problem in the ally behind my house

The problem I'm dealing with pretaining to them is one of these guys is leaning against my gate and defecating in front of it,so when I open the gate there's a large pipe of scat for me to clean up...sometimes I have to clean it off my gate also.
I'm long for ideas on how to keep them out of the alcove where my dumpster and gate are
This is usually a two to three times a week thing lately

The gate I have is a metal frame with wood slats between metal rails .

I've read that booby traps are illegal,would hooking electric wires to my gate be considered a booby trap?

Or do you think if I put long screws through the wood every few inches ?

Calling police would be a waste of time because I'm sure the cops aren't going to stake out the alley looking for a phantom shitter .

View Quote

Spray diesel on the gate or antiseize that shit gets everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We have a Drug addict, alcoholic, crazy person problem in the ally behind my house

The problem I'm dealing with pretaining to them is one of these guys is leaning against my gate and defecating in front of it,so when I open the gate there's a large pipe of scat for me to clean up...sometimes I have to clean it off my gate also.
I'm long for ideas on how to keep them out of the alcove where my dumpster and gate are
This is usually a two to three times a week thing lately

The gate I have is a metal frame with wood slats between metal rails .

I've read that booby traps are illegal,would hooking electric wires to my gate be considered a booby trap?

Or do you think if I put long screws through the wood every few inches ?

Calling police would be a waste of time because I'm sure the cops aren't going to stake out the alley looking for a phantom shitter .

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Hire a gang or pay organized crime to clean it up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 12:09:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Haven't seen any evidence since of the phantom pooper
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#26]
They not sell security cameras and toe poppers in your AO?
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Let's make it 4 for 4.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top