BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/26/2019 5:26:50 PM EDT
Thoughts ...............don't need a full size truck so...... Toyota owner now
EDIT It has been done! 2017 RTL-T AWD
Haters gonna hate
Thanks guy's  as always GD makes anything more fun , I will miss my 04 Tundra but that truck doesn't owe me a single cent. Next up the Ridgeline
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
My thought is...WHY?

Stick with Toyota (Taco OR Tundra) or move to a big 3 truck.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, it’s not a truck, so...
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]
These threads always go well. I say go for it. The Ridgeline is more "truck" than most people need nowadays, while being a pretty comfortable and more affordable daily driver.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These threads always go well. I say go for it. The Ridgeline is more "truck" than most people need nowadays, while being a pretty comfortable and more affordable daily driver.
View Quote
This.

Buy what works for you, OP, not what makes you win internet contests regarding the size of your man card.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This.

Buy what works for you, OP, not what makes you win internet contests regarding the size of your man card.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

It's not about a man card, it's about what you get for the money when you DON'T include emotion. There is nothing worthwhile or noteworthy about a Ridgeline.

If your'e stuck on Honda, then just buy it, no matter how stupid a reason that is.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
yep Wanted to replace my 04 Tundra but I can't justify 50k I love my truck but 16 years and 200k it's time
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought this a couple of months ago. Very happy with it. I don't live on a farm and I don't tow massive trailers but I do buy shit from Home Depot and I do tow my motorcycle around once in awhile so it is just what I need. I just did a trip to Maine and back to Florida and averaged 24.5 mpg. Rides great handles great. I have added a few things to it since I took this picture. Tonneau cover,rain window strip things, door ding strip things. Rear door extenders.

Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's not about a man card, it's about what you get for the money when you DON'T include emotion. There is nothing worthwhile or noteworthy about a Ridgeline.

If your'e stuck on Honda, then just buy it, no matter how stupid a reason that is.
View Quote
No for me it's either Toyota or Honda the Ridgeline reminds me of an ElCamino 1/2..1/2
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought this a couple of months ago. Very happy with it. I don't live on a farm and I don't tow massive trailers but I do buy shit from Home Depot and I do tow my motorcycle around once in awhile so it is just what I need. I just did a trip to Maine and back to Florida and averaged 24.5 mpg. Rides great handles great. I have added a few things to it since I took this picture. Tonneau cover,rain window strip things, door ding strip things. Rear door extenders.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84570/20191029_115911-1158662.jpg
View Quote
not bad at all
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No for me it's either Toyota or Honda the Ridgeline reminds me of an ElCamino 1/2..1/2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an emotional choice then, go for it.  You can get the Taco for the same price or cheaper than the Ridgeline though, option to option, value to value.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Get the optional factory canopy

Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Given my less than satisfied experience with a top of Toyota Tacoma, I say go for the Ridgeline.

If you read actual reviews instead of arfmembers arguing with their feels, you’ll see that the majority of owners are extremely satisfied with the Ridgeline.

Remember, you’re dealing with a crowd that, when asked for recommendations for tires on a truck that will never leave pavement, answers with BFG KO2s and Goodyear DuraTracs.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Except for better ride, better day-to-day livability, nicer interior, locking trunk-in-bed, side-or-down swinging tailgate, in-bed audio system, etc.

If you're not planning on off-roading or towing/hauling extremely heavy loads, the Ridgeline is a sensible choice.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Given my less than satisfied experience with a top of Toyota Tacoma, I say go for the Ridgeline.

If you read actual reviews instead of arfmembers arguing with their feels, you’ll see that the majority of owners are extremely satisfied with the Ridgeline.
View Quote
That same majority was satisfied with their minivan though, so there's that.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I already own a Civic otherwise, maybe...
I own a Tacoma and will not buy another. Certainly not a Ridgeline.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Coming out thread?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Except for better ride, better day-to-day livability, nicer interior, locking trunk-in-bed, side-or-down swinging tailgate, in-bed audio system, etc.

If you're not planning on off-roading or towing/hauling extremely heavy loads, the Ridgeline is a sensible choice.
View Quote
This.  And they have lots of driver assist features, automatic cruise control & distance/lane keeping, etc.  Excellent gas mileage as well.
The in bed audio function is surprisingly good.
No, I don't have a Ridgeline, but if I needed a truck for anything besides off-roading or towing heavy loads, I'd be looking at one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Coming out thread?
View Quote
Literally. Moar homosexual than a Kia.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That same majority was satisfied with their minivan though, so there's that.  
View Quote
Maybe, I don’t know, and neither do you,  as neither of us have  seen the surveys for shoppers cross shopping between the Ridgeline and minivans.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like a mini van with back cut off
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Literally. Moar homosexual than a Kia.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Go drive one.

If you don't like push-button transmissions, get a '19.  They're changing them over to the push button trans with engine shut-off in '20.

The Ridgeline has 0.9% up to 72 months right now and that sort of incentive VERY rarely pops up with Honda.  There's also $2,000 dealer cash so the deals on a new '19 will never be better than they are right now.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I was in the same boat and bought a new Ranger last week and love it. It has plenty of power, room, 4WD, 7500lb towing and nicely optioned. With all the rebates and incentives, it was a very good deal. The Ridgelines just look horrible to me.

Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#25]
It beats a lot of other similar sized trucks in head to head comparisons.  Wont beat much off road though.  Very nice and comfortable ride.

Its basically a Pilot with a bed...and the Pilot is quite nice.

I think it looks good too.  Better than the previous model.  I say go for it.  Coworker has one and I envy the trunk.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Not going to get into the usual pissing match nonsense, but will say that my '07 has been the best vehicle that I've ever owned.  Prior to owning it, I used to laugh at them too.

I bought it out of necessity when my Jeep blew up and I needed a vehicle right away.  The price on it when I got it in 2011 was what I could afford.

I've hauled material in it way beyond it's stated capacity, run it up roads that "they" say a Ridegline can't manage, and it's far better in mud than any other truck/SUV I've owned.

It's just passed 200,000 miles and other than the headliner drooping, still looks and runs great.

That being said, I don't like the looks of the new one and will probably end up going with one of the Big 3 full-sized trucks when the time comes.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#27]
It's a Honda Odyessy with the roof lopped off behind the second row of seats and no sliding doors.

Same 3.5L ancient boat anchor up front
Same wrong wheel drive layout
Same garbage AWD (if it says "4WD") system
Same garbage towing as the minivan it shares a platform with

So yeah, great for people who need a minivan that can haul some bags of mulch every now and then without having to bust out the vacuum cleaner when you're done.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Do it

I would if I could find a used one without 265000 miles on it
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looks like a mini van with back cut off
View Quote
I mean, that's what it is, so.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do it

I would if I could find a used one without 265000 miles on it
View Quote
If I could find a Gen 1 with "granpa drove it one Sundays" type mileage for a decent price, I would set aside my desire for a fullsized truck and get it, simply for economics reasons.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#31]
But why?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I like them. Great ride and super storage. Good mileage and decent power.
I'm biased because I have a new Pilot too.
I have trucks for my company I could always use to haul and tow bigger shit, but I bet I end up with one next year.

It will be a great weekend getaway vehicle to throw my backpacks into, or dry bags and haul my light trailer with canoe and gear thrown in.

This is Arfcom. If the consensus here says it sucks.....its probably the right thing to buy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I've got a Ridgeline and Jeep Wrangler.
Chili has beans.
I wear cargo shorts.
I have dogs.
Summary: Ridgeline is fine for most truck owners.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Dodge vs Honda Uh NO
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#35]
No, it's not a truck.

Yes, it'll do what 98%* of people who think they need a truck actually do with a truck.

What's gayer?  Letting the mission drive the equipment or playing dress-up for other men?

* This being arfcom, 87% of the respondents who think they are in the 2% are actually in the 98%.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#36]
The ignorance in this thread is over the top even for GD, but I knew that would be the case. GD has no shortage of mouth breathing knuckle draggers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Trim level of Ridgeline > Ram Tradesman
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I hate the Ridgeline as much as anybody, but at least it'll actually get you where you're going without falling apart like the FIAT.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's a Honda Odyessy with the roof lopped off behind the second row of seats and no sliding doors.

Same 3.5L ancient boat anchor up front
Same wrong wheel drive layout
Same garbage AWD (if it says "4WD") system
Same garbage towing as the minivan it shares a platform with

So yeah, great for people who need a minivan that can haul some bags of mulch every now and then without having to bust out the vacuum cleaner when you're done.
View Quote
This person does not know anything about Ridgelines....

not the same 3.5L....they have done more lower end work on it
what about the wheel drive layout.  for most drive FWD is just fine.
AWD...so for the size it is perfect...
5k of towing is plenty for 95% of truck owners....most truck owners just want a truck and don't really use it for a truck.

I had a 2007 (1Gen) and was great....only thing I did not like was the gas mileage....no matter what I did it got 18mph....but after that is was solid, towed great and even did some light off road in south TX while camping.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The ignorance in this thread is over the top even for GD, but I knew that would be the case. GD has no shortage of mouth breathing knuckle draggers.
View Quote
The minivan is MORE practical than the Ridgeline, that's just a fact.  Either get the van, or get a truck, but if you get the "truck", you're only getting it to say you have a "truck".  Anything you could put in the back of the Ridgeline or tow with, you can do with a mini van.  Accept it or dont, I truly don't care, even if that means I'm a mouth breathing knuckle dragger.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#41]
It’s the most controversial vehicle of arfcom. Hated by those who don’t own one, and loved by those who do.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I thought the older generations looked bad, holy fuck, the new ones...
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It’s the most controversial vehicle of arfcom. Hated by those who don’t own one, and loved by those whose wives let them own a truck.
View Quote
Good call, and tough to argue!
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Liked the older ones, the newer ones are nothing like those, now you might as well just get a full size truck.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This person does not know anything about Ridgelines....

I had a 2007 (1Gen) and was great....only thing I did not like was the gas mileage....no matter what I did it got 18mph....but after that is was solid, towed great and even did some light off road in south TX while camping.
View Quote
19mpg for me on almost every tank, including when I'm running all over the dirt roads up on our mountain property hauling stuff (oops, sorry, forgot it's not a "real" truck so it can neighter go off road nor haul anything).
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is your husband letting you surf the internet?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The minivan is MORE practical than the Ridgeline, that's just a fact.  Either get the van, or get a truck, but if you get the "truck", you're only getting it to say you have a "truck".  Anything you could put in the back of the Ridgeline or tow with, you can do with a mini van.  Accept it or dont, I truly don't care, even if that means I'm a mouth breathing knuckle dragger.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even this statement is full of ignorance. Please stop, save yourself a little dignity.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Even this statement is full of ignorance. Please stop, save yourself a little dignity.
View Quote
Dignity in GD? sure...
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
I like em.
But I like practical shit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"This" person has a truck to do truck things, an SUV to do SUV things, a van to do van things, and cars to do car things.  I don't need to compromise.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go on, I fear for my dignity against someone not posting reasons for defending their Ridgeline ownership...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top