My wife does
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does your husband like it?
My wife does
I'm finally ready to buy something new, the only opinion my wife has is "please don't get a Ridgeline, it's a woman's truck"

I'd defy her if it weren't for the sideways engine

I might have a thing for ugly cars and trucks in general
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Meh, if you want to.  They're ugly, but they certainly ride nice, as long as you're okay with having a "truck" that's front wheel drive.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Tacoma FTW
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The new Ranger looks very similar to the Ridgeline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was in the same boat and bought a new Ranger last week and love it. It has plenty of power, room, 4WD, 7500lb towing and nicely optioned. With all the rebates and incentives, it was a very good deal. The Ridgelines just look horrible to me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358028/61271007-242A-4188-B847-EE02CA9F7D34-1201646.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358028/CBEF9A6A-D5C5-421D-9DF8-F86EA083EBEF-1201645.jpg
The new Ranger looks very similar to the Ridgeline.
If you mean that they both have four doors, four wheels and a bed, then yeah. Otherwise, they don’t look anything like each other and are two very different trucks. The Ford has a fully boxed steel frame, solid rear axle and the Honda is a unibody frame. The two couldn’t be more different. I’m not bashing the Honda and I’m sure it’s a fine vehicle. I just can’t stand the way it looks and would never buy one. My FIL had a first gen Ridgeline and it was actually a nice little truck and looked significantly better than the new models now IMHO.

Like others have said, for 90% of the folks who need one, it will do all that they need it to do without any issues. I never drove one but I imagine it has a car like ride quality and drives very well on the highway as a daily driver.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My God, these things cause some serious butthurt with big truck drivers.
View Quote

I thought there would be more pics of 3/4t trucks hooked up to trailers - "tRy tHiS WiTh uR gAY RiDgELiNe!"
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I saw the Jeep pickup last night.  Just as useless as the Ridgeline.
View Quote
The Jeep is actually capable off the pavement.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#8]
They are nice and reliable. They can tow 5,000 lbs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
The only off-roading most Jeeps see is the Walmart parking lot.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

1) It is the same tired, old 3.5L. They just slapped some DI heads on it, but it's at its core the same J35 that Honda has been putting in everything forever.
2) FWD is cheap and handles like garbage. FWD is also terrible for towing/hauling, because anything you put in the bed transfers weight off of the drive wheels, reducing traction
3) AWD is great when done right. But not Honda's terrible AWD system that sends as little power as possible for as short as possible to the rear.
4) I'm not talking about towing capacity, I'm talking about towing characteristics. Soft, carlike suspension and the aforementioned front wheel drive means you have less effective power you can put down when you start loading anything even close to the towing capacity.

As I said, it's not a truck. But it's good enough for most people who want a minivan grocery getter without the sliding doors or third row.
View Quote
If you really think it’s the same j35 as a decade or two ago you’ve got your head too far up your ass.

People like you keep coming into these threads spewing out shot like this and most not have a fucking clue what they are talking about. The current j35 engines share nothing with the past. Honda doesn’t change engine designations much so all the 3.5 v6 are a j35.

The current engines share absolutely nothing with the engines from 6 ish years ago, hell its different than a 2016 I’ve got torn apart at work right now. .  Completely new balance train and cylinder head design. Intake and egr designs are new. Lower end has had major changes as well.
Latest engines have vtec and vcm which is why the previous generation ridge line  did not get as poor of mileage. They only had vtec.

The only thing Honda has stuck with is the displacement and the configuration.

I am not a fanboy by any means. I just spend 10 hours a day working on them and I’m tired of people like you spewing out false crap.

For the record I tow a travel trailer and use a truck like a truck so I drive and ecoboost f150

My brother does none of the above, he has a motorcycle to love around occasionally and needed a way to move stuff for walking around the house and getting wood hole for his hobby shop. He drives a new ridgeline and loves it.

From a consumer point of view they are great.

From a technicians point of view nothing is going wrong with them and they are bad for business.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not going to get into the usual pissing match nonsense, but will say that my '07 has been the best vehicle that I've ever owned.  Prior to owning it, I used to laugh at them too.

I bought it out of necessity when my Jeep blew up and I needed a vehicle right away.  The price on it when I got it in 2011 was what I could afford.

I've hauled material in it way beyond it's stated capacity, run it up roads that "they" say a Ridegline can't manage, and it's far better in mud than any other truck/SUV I've owned.

It's just passed 200,000 miles and other than the headliner drooping, still looks and runs great.

That being said, I don't like the looks of the new one and will probably end up going with one of the Big 3 full-sized trucks when the time comes.
View Quote
Basically my story.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Really?  $35k for a peasant tier trim Hencho en Mexico Dodge POS?  
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironically that's where most Ridgelines do their "hauling."

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Oversized Subaru Baja with a shitty AWD system.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Oversized Subaru Baja with a shitty AWD system.
View Quote
A Baja with a turbo would actually be fun to drive though.

I cannot think of a single thing the Ridgeline does better than it's competition.

Price...nope.

Payload...nope.

Off-road capabilities...nope.

Towing...nope.

Resale value...nope.

Gas mileage...nope.

Being gay...winner!

Ok, I was wrong.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ridgeline = 21st Century El Camino without the V8.
View Quote
They put six cylinders in El Caminos as well.  My Dad had one with a 2.8 L in it.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#18]
My mom likes hers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
LoL.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My mom likes hers.
View Quote
Pics?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Ridgeline is a perfectly fine vehicle if it fulfills all your needs.  Unless you have issues with insecurity, then you should probably get a bigger truck to compensate.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Let me guess... you drive a "manly" 4-cylinder 2WD Tacoma with significantly less payload and towing capacity than a base Ridgeline?
View Quote
Nope - F150 here.
Ridgeline - It's like a truck, but for girls... :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Let me guess... you drive a "manly" 4-cylinder 2WD Tacoma with significantly less payload and towing capacity than a base Ridgeline?
View Quote
Nope - F150 here.
Ridgeline - It's like a truck, but for girls... :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#28]
The Ridgeline looks too feminine, like a Pilot. Wanted to get a Pilot for my wife, she said it looks too much like a minivan. Honda needs the Accord designers to revisit the Pilot, Ridgeline and Passport.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Good to see you using a ridge line as target practice!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ridgeline = 21st Century El Camino without the V8.
View Quote
Did any of the V8s in those el Caminos make 280HP?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's something an eight year old would say lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#32]
I checked out the Ridgeline but after seeing that old style armrest I was like no way.
Those old style armrests are notorious for getting bent and end up slanting downward after a short amount of time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I checked out the Ridgeline but after seeing that old style armrest I was like no way.
Those old style armrests are notorious for getting bent and end up slanting downward after a short amount of time.
View Quote
Yep. My pilot has it and I'm already thinking it will be a replacement part at some point.

However to be fair the "armrest/storage cover" in my expedition sagged inward like a swimming pool as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok boomer!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#35]
If you’re dead set on Honda, a pilot with a cargo liner and a small trailer might be a better choice.  I made the truck to SUV swap and it’s much more useful
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ok boomer!
View Quote
You're right up on the latest arfcom catchphrases. I'll bet you get called an idiot several times a day every day.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ok boomer!
View Quote
Not quite millennial, born in "65"
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You're right up on the latest arfcom catchphrases. I'll bet you get called an idiot several times a day every day.
View Quote
School is out, Christmas vacation?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok boomer!
Can you share some pictures of your ridge line doing Tacoma stuff?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
What, driving to work....
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok boomer!
I didn't buy it to do Tacoma stuff. If I wanted an off-road type truck I would have bought one. What my Ridgeline does is go up down roads/freeways in comfort and buy shit at Home Depot and tow my motorcycle. I did say that in my first post. I really really feel like I am conversing with a mental midget. Do you live at home with mom and does she make your bed for you and wipe your face when your done eating.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I didn't buy it to do Tacoma stuff. If I wanted an off-road type truck I would have bought one. What my Ridgeline does is go up down roads/freeways in comfort and buy shit at Home Depot and tow my motorcycle. I did say that in my first post. I really really feel like I am conversing with a mental midget. Do you live at home with mom and does she make your bed for you and wipe your face when your done eating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok boomer!
It must suck that I don’t fit your mold or anything you have stated and you can’t grasp that I simply think that  the ridge line fills a completely useless, boomer market.

Minivan>ridge line
Tacoma>ridge line
Real Truck>ridge line

Is the ridge line awful looking?  Yes
Is the ridge line comfortable?  Maybe when compared to other trucks, other than that, lol god no.
Can the ridge line do truck stuff?  No.
Can the ridge line fit a mini van like family? No.
Can the ridge line go off roading?  Slighting better than a mini van do to an inch or two of added clearance, other than that, no.
Is the ridge line cheap?  Fuck no, it’s an overpriced mini van with the back cut off.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#43]
buy a Ridgeline... it'll put hair on your balls..
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I already own a Civic otherwise, maybe...
I own a Tacoma and will not buy another. Certainly not a Ridgeline.
View Quote
This is confusing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah,  blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah,  blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah!
View Quote
I know you have made your ignorant view several times. Everyone gets it. Time to move on. I have no idea why you continually make a fool of yourself but whatever makes you get through the day I guess.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I know you have made your ignorant view several times. Everyone gets it. Time to move on. I have no idea why you continually make a fool of yourself but whatever makes you get through the day I guess.
View Quote
"Projection"
What is projecting behavior?
Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"Projection"
Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Projection"

Yes, fits perfectly with OP and what our opinions are of the ridge line

Hot damn I wish I could get me one of those ridge lines to fulfill my needs, you got me! Seriously, does that make sense to you?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah,  blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah,  blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah blah!
He says it sucks he doesn’t fit in your mold but then laughs at a vehicle that doesn’t fit in his mold.

And then it’s almost like he puts forth his own subjective arguments as objective facts.  Which as much effort as he’s putting Into arguing against the Ridgeline, he must feel threatened by it, for some reason. Possibly some insecurity issues.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He says it sucks he doesn't fit in your mold but then laughs at a vehicle that doesn't fit in his mold.

And then it's almost like he puts forth his own subjective arguments as objective facts.  Which as much effort as he's putting Into arguing against the Ridgeline, he must feel threatened by it, for some reason. Possibly some insecurity issues.
View Quote
I concur.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top