Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]

It never ceases to amaze me how much some people attach masculinity to the truck they drive.

"If it ain't a cummins dually with a 6" lift, I don't want it. I don't drive vehicles made for faggots"

"This got damn powerstroke can pull down a fucking house, what's your little toy truck capable of?"
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're not a real man unless your truck can tow your house.

Just make sure you take the skirting off first
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That was the gayest "truck test" I've ever seen. No wonder the Honda won. They basically took a minivan or family sedan test and used midsized trucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got a big laugh. I am watching a PBS channel as I'm on the computer and they just had a segment comparing the Ridgelne against the Ford Ranger, the new Jeep truck and the GMC  Canyon. Guess what? The Ridgeline beat them all out by a huge margin.  
Edit: Found it on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUrW3MeAfmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1SwD3gZsTM
That was the gayest "truck test" I've ever seen. No wonder the Honda won. They basically took a minivan or family sedan test and used midsized trucks.
lol. I was wondering when someone was going finally comment on this well thought out professional comparison test done by experts in the field. I thought that old dementia ridden grandpa shaking his fist at the clouds istock would have jumped on that right away but I guess he must have been sleeping off his drunk posting from the other day.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By @ORARGB:
Imagine... a Honda website posting a comparison? But as you posted...Link fail. Go drunk, you're home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I CANNOT make this up! So go to the Honda page here and click the article where they compare the Ridgeline to the TACO. It says “Why the Ridgeline beats the Tacoma”
Honda Ridgeline Info Page
Drumroll...
Click the link here Page not found
Imagine... a Honda website posting a comparison? But as you posted...Link fail. Go drunk, you're home.
The link I posted is in fact demonstrating the problem I found when comparing the two vehicles because Honda's site failed to connect the actual comparison page they were touting! You're the one drunk! LOL Re-read this!
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
How I picture everyone in this thread trying to crap on a Ridgeline:

"Its nurt a trurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!"
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
These threads are always amusing.  Of course the Ridgeline is a truck.  Additionally it’s capabilities (admittedly at the very low end of truckdom) are pretty suitable for the average suburban guy who needs to pick up a few bags of mulch or some 2x4s from Home Depot on the weekend or on the way home from the cubicle farm job in the city.

99% of those dudes are not going to go off-road (yes, gravel roads and fire roads still count as roads).

99% of those guys aren’t going to haul more than a few hundred lbs of stuff or tow more than a couple thousand pounds.

They also want a plush car like ride and handling.

Most here won’t admit it, but they could get along just fine with a Ridgeline, but it just doesn’t project the right image.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
These threads are always amusing.  Of course the Ridgeline is a truck.  Additionally it’s capabilities (admittedly at the very low end of truckdom) are pretty suitable for the average suburban guy who needs to pick up a few bags of mulch or some 2x4s from Home Depot on the weekend or on the way home from the cubicle farm job in the city.

99% of those dudes are not going to go off-road (yes, gravel roads and fire roads still count as roads).

99% of those guys aren’t going to haul more than a few hundred lbs of stuff or tow more than a couple thousand pounds.

They also want a plush car like ride and handling.

Most here won’t admit it, but they could get along just fine with a Ridgeline, but it just doesn’t project the right image.
View Quote
Well, call me a faggot, but I like it when my Hemi-powered Ram makes my balls rattle when I give it the gas. Honda Ridgeline won’t do that for me. However, I am trying to convince my wife to buy one. ??
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have learned in this thread that the Ridgeline is the Boomer vehicle of choice, and quite frankly, not only is it amusing, but it's not surprising in the least.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have learned in this thread that the Ridgeline is the Boomer vehicle of choice, and quite frankly, not only is it amusing, but it's not surprising in the least.  
View Quote
Can you show us where the big bad Honda Ridgeline hurt you or did a bad bad Ridgeline run you off the road somewhere? It must be very painful for you. I am literally giggling my ass off at your idiocy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can you show us where the big bad Honda Ridgeline hurt you or did a bad bad Ridgeline run you off the road somewhere? It must be very painful for you. I am literally giggling my ass off at your idiocy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey boomer, go back to fellating yourself to that Cars.com review video  Do you giggle just like the guy in the video?  
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey boomer, go back to fellating yourself to that Cars.com review video  Do you giggle just like the guy in the video?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You didn't answer my question. Where did the big bad Ridgeline touch you, or is just to painful for you to talk about?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You didn't answer my question. Where did the big bad Ridgeline touch you, or is just to painful for you to talk about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ridgline is an utterly useless to most all people, yet still uncomfortable, over priced, previous mini-van that had it's back cut off to make it "truck like" vehicle.  It's basically a really useless mini-van, while there are a million other better options out there.  The Cars.com review sums up the people who own it, and I guess that's cool, you do your thing.    You want a truck to say you have a truck, yet make fun of people that have actual useful trucks.  It's quite sad that you can't see the hypocrisy of your own post, but I do enjoy going along with it (all while knowing the cars.com review type is what you go off).
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How I picture everyone in this thread trying to crap on a Ridgeline:

https://media.giphy.com/media/o6SQRR0Etm90Y/giphy.gif

"Its nurt a trurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk!"
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#14]
The Ridgeline has more capability than what most of city pickup buyers use. With those little baby beds they are putting on 1/2 tons now days, you're not going to do much anyways. The worst example that I've seen was a guy that hooked up his trailer to haul 1 bag of potting soil from Home Depot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The ridgline is an utterly useless to most all people, yet still uncomfortable, over priced, previous mini-van that had it's back cut off to make it "truck like" vehicle.  It's basically a really useless car, while there are a million other better options out there.  The Cars.com review sums up the people who own it, and I guess that's cool, you do your thing.    You want a truck to say you have a truck, yet make fun of people that have actual useful trucks.  It's quite sad that you can't see the hypocrisy of your own post, but I do enjoy going along with it (all while knowing the cars.com review type is what you go off).
View Quote
Okay, I get it. You don't want to talk about it, I understand. Have you looked at possibly seeking some professional help with you affliction? I do understand being touched in the wrong place by a Ridgeline can be traumatic for some. Sorry man. Better luck in the future.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're not a real man unless your truck can tow your house.

Just make sure you take the skirting off first
When I lived in New Mexico i saw a few old decrepit single wides moved with pick ups and large tractors.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Okay, I get it. You don't want to talk about it, I understand. Have you looked at possibly seeking some professional help with you affliction? I do understand being touched in the wrong place by a Ridgeline can be traumatic for some. Sorry man. Better luck in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ridgline is an utterly useless to most all people, yet still uncomfortable, over priced, previous mini-van that had it's back cut off to make it "truck like" vehicle.  It's basically a really useless car, while there are a million other better options out there.  The Cars.com review sums up the people who own it, and I guess that's cool, you do your thing.    You want a truck to say you have a truck, yet make fun of people that have actual useful trucks.  It's quite sad that you can't see the hypocrisy of your own post, but I do enjoy going along with it (all while knowing the cars.com review type is what you go off).
I recommend keeping the cars.com review on replay.  Trust me, I don't need your luck on anything.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do call it an old man truck
I've done the young foolish trucks things years ago
Drove this for years

and this for years

and these

#almostboomerlife
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The link I posted is in fact demonstrating the problem I found when comparing the two vehicles because Honda's site failed to connect the actual comparison page they were touting! You're the one drunk! LOL Re-read this!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I CANNOT make this up! So go to the Honda page here and click the article where they compare the Ridgeline to the TACO. It says “Why the Ridgeline beats the Tacoma”
Honda Ridgeline Info Page
Drumroll...
Click the link here Page not found
No....and not buying a Ridgecivic....
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thoughts ...............don't need a full size truck so...... Toyota owner now
EDIT It has been done! 2017 RTL-T AWD
Haters gonna hate
Thanks guy's  as always GD makes anything more fun , I will miss my 04 Tundra but that truck doesn't owe me a single cent. Next up the Ridgeline
View Quote
Congrats on the Ridgeline.
I will forever missed mine, 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
The truck look so much better without the flying buttress
With a truck cap, it is one hell of a range truck, targets and gears on top, and weapons inside the trunk.
It was totaled when a drunk reared her, while parked in front of my house, at 2-3am.  , one month after I retired, early this year.
Now I am left with only one truck, my F150.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It never ceases to amaze me how much some people attach masculinity to the truck they drive.

"If it ain't a cummins dually with a 6" lift, I don't want it. I don't drive vehicles made for faggots"

"This got damn powerstroke can pull down a fucking house, what's your little toy truck capable of?"
View Quote
Yep... "I care about what other men think about me!"  is pretty damn ghey if you ask, well, most anyone.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have no idea why someone would be so emotionally attached to a discussion about a vehicle he’ll never own. I mean, i get someone popping in to drop a joke, and some of them are funny albeit baseless. But god damn, this dude is genuinely offended by its existence. To the point it drives him to behave in a manner so bad that I, a total stranger, am genuinely embarrassed for him

If I had to go out on a limb I’d guess his girl left him for a guy with a Ridgeline. Or his mean ol step daddy drives one or something.

Either way, don’t let him get to you. Convincing himself he’s got the upper hand in these worthless interactions are probably all he’s got to feel good about.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I think the black one on the first page looks good. I still like my F150.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top