Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Guessing that I can now have some hair salon shave an image of my junk on the back of my head now ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
For those in favor of it, post some pictures of hair styles that they “need” due to their dna or whatever makes it so, that is discriminated against.

I’ve never heard of it unlike complaints of shaving due to razor bumps or whatever fucks them up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
We're on the verge of the end of civilization and this is what our leaders think is a priority.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
sweet... more minority people privilege
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Karen's of this nation rejoice!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to see Congress got the budget balanced.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Glad to see Congress got the budget balanced.

Micromanagement is meant to compensates for incompetence. Seen it too many times to count.

Quoted:
For fuck's sake.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Some examples of hair discrimination that have happened listed here:

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/business_law/publications/blt/2020/05/hair-discrimination/

• In 2017, Mya and Deana Cook, twin sisters in Massachusetts, had to serve detention when school officials determined that their braids violated school policy.

• In August 2018, Clinton Stanley Jr., a 6-year-old student at Book’s Christian Academy in Florida, was sent home from school on account of his hair. The child’s father was told that the school handbook states that boys are not permitted to have dreadlocks.

• In September 2018, officials at Christ the King middle school in Terrytown, Louisiana, informed one of its students that she was being expelled from the school because her “extensions” (braids) were unacceptable under their school code.

• In December 2018, Andrew Johnson, a black New Jersey teenager, was made to cut his dreadlocks by a white referee to continue participating in his school’s wrestling match.

• In January 2020, DeAndre Arnold, an 18-year-old at Barbers Hill High School in Mont Belvieu, Texas, was suspended from school for dreadlocks he started growing in the seventh grade in the same school district. He was facing possibly missing his high school prom and graduation. He has since withdrawn from the school district and enrolled elsewhere.

• In January 2020, a second student at Barbers Hill High School, 16-year-old Kaden Bradford, was suspended for the length of his dreadlocks. Kaden Bradford is DeAndre Arnold’s cousin.

Those are all examples from schools, public schools should not be making hair style rules.

Private businesses that want to discriminate against hair styles, you're not getting any sympathy from me.

The thing is no one supports a system that is contrary to their interests.  Having a large percentage of the population having to put up with unreasonable hair style rules does not make for a healthy society.  Your desire to control others hair styles ridiculous.  Why should blacks have to conform to your rules?  How would you like it if blacks were in the majority and made up rules that you had to have dreadlocks or corn rows?  Not so reasonable is it now?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet! I can finally wear corn rows and not being looked at funny or be denied a job!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#9]
This whole post has aids.

I don’t put much faith in arguments based on the premise of you can’t have an opinion on X until you’ve done Y.

Concerning the below quote...

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:
I seriously doubt there's anyone here that has shared a bed with a black woman.

Snip...

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For those in favor of it, post some pictures of hair styles that they "need" due to their dna or whatever makes it so, that is discriminated against.

I've never heard of it unlike complaints of shaving due to razor bumps or whatever fucks them up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/business_law/publications/blt/2020/05/hair-discrimination/

• In 2017, Mya and Deana Cook, twin sisters in Massachusetts, had to serve detention when school officials determined that their braids violated school policy.

• In August 2018, Clinton Stanley Jr., a 6-year-old student at Book's Christian Academy in Florida, was sent home from school on account of his hair. The child's father was told that the school handbook states that boys are not permitted to have dreadlocks.

• In September 2018, officials at Christ the King middle school in Terrytown, Louisiana, informed one of its students that she was being expelled from the school because her "extensions" (braids) were unacceptable under their school code.

• In December 2018, Andrew Johnson, a black New Jersey teenager, was made to cut his dreadlocks by a white referee to continue participating in his school's wrestling match.

• In January 2020, DeAndre Arnold, an 18-year-old at Barbers Hill High School in Mont Belvieu, Texas, was suspended from school for dreadlocks he started growing in the seventh grade in the same school district. He was facing possibly missing his high school prom and graduation. He has since withdrawn from the school district and enrolled elsewhere.

• In January 2020, a second student at Barbers Hill High School, 16-year-old Kaden Bradford, was suspended for the length of his dreadlocks. Kaden Bradford is DeAndre Arnold's cousin.

Those are all examples from schools, public schools should not be making hair style rules.

Private businesses that want to discriminate against hair styles, you're not getting any sympathy from me.

The thing is no one supports a system that is contrary to their interests.  Having a large percentage of the population having to put up with unreasonable hair style rules does not make for a healthy society.  Your desire to control others hair styles ridiculous.  Why should blacks have to conform to your rules?  How would you like it if blacks were in the majority and made up rules that you had to have dreadlocks or corn rows?  Not so reasonable is it now?
View Quote

Schools have rules.  Those rules include how to dress and present oneself.  It's meant to A) not allow a student to distract others and B) teach them an important lesson for their future as an employable adult.

Girls were sent home from my school for wearing shorts or skirts that were too short or shirts that were too revealing.  Boys were sent home for having ripped jeans.  Boys could not grow facial hair or have hair that was too long.  The principal made boys shave their face, at school.

Newsflash: when you're in school or at work, you don't get to do whatever the fuck you want or you risk being punished.  It only becomes "discrimination" when a protected class enters the picture and whines about it.  The excuses presented here about black women having to style their hair a certain way because they don't have a choice are bullshit.  I've worked with plenty of black women who were able to look professional and some who looked ridiculous by choice, including nails so long they had trouble using a keyboard and clothes so tight they had to be talked to by HR.  Businesses have appearance policies for a good reason and crying "discrimination" because you can't comply is just the newest snowflake reaction because it works... right up until the company just stops hiring certain people because they know the inevitable drama that will transpire.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can a retailer still lock up certain hair products?
View Quote

What does Don Imus have to say?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Sign says long haired freaky people need not apply
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
that's it, I'm growing back my mullet
View Quote

This is the answer
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is true.  The Republican Senate response should be to remove all the pork.  Leave only the discrimination part.  Pass it and send back to the house.  If any democrat votes against it say "we passed the anti discrimination act for you but the democrats won't sign on unless they can throw unrelated bullshit in the bill.  It appears they don't give a shit about discrimination of black people they just want to use you to line their pockets "

Instead we get replies like this thread from Republicans most likely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They don't give a single wet fart about people's hair FFS, follow the pork.
This is true.  The Republican Senate response should be to remove all the pork.  Leave only the discrimination part.  Pass it and send back to the house.  If any democrat votes against it say "we passed the anti discrimination act for you but the democrats won't sign on unless they can throw unrelated bullshit in the bill.  It appears they don't give a shit about discrimination of black people they just want to use you to line their pockets "

Instead we get replies like this thread from Republicans most likely.

I'd argue the discrimination portion is pork in a way too

One can say that it is the right thing or not, but it seems likely that companies, always wanting to avoid lawsuits and bad press,
will be more hesitant to make anything that could be construed as adverse employment decisions  

I find it unlikely that a democrat will change their vote because something got trimmed out, for exactly the reason above.
Additionally, the reversal play, "well actually dems are racist", never works. It's the football lucy yanks, every time

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Does this mean that restaurants cannot discriminate against white people with dreadlocks when hiring food prep employees?  I refuse to let those folks make my food. You have to be a seriously dirty MFer to develop dreads when you're not black.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can a retailer still lock up certain hair products?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#19]
For reals? Really, for reals?...

...FFS
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#20]
The smell of braided hair, unwashed for months is sickatating.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I seriously doubt there's anyone here that has shared a bed with a black woman.

The bullshit they deal with is definitely worth addressing.

The very nature of their hair means that typically white styles aren't feasible without literally burning their scalp with chemicals, or spending ridiculous money to have poor Indian people's hair woven onto their heads.

My ex got her masters, started a job, and was dragged into her boss' office to talk about her hair. Nothing crazy like a fro, and was professional looking twists with a similar profile to an up-do of straight hair, but her boss tried to demand that she straightened her hair to make it less "ethnic". HR put her in her fucking place real quick.

If you haven't at the very least seen Chris Rock's documentary 'Good Hair', your opinion here is invalid.
View Quote

That's where your wrong kido
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
that's it, I'm growing back my mullet
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Schools have rules.  Those rules include how to dress and present oneself.  It's meant to A) not allow a student to distract others and B) teach them an important lesson for their future as an employable adult.

Girls were sent home from my school for wearing shorts or skirts that were too short or shirts that were too revealing.  Boys were sent home for having ripped jeans.  Boys could not grow facial hair or have hair that was too long.  The principal made boys shave their face, at school.

Newsflash: when you're in school or at work, you don't get to do whatever the fuck you want or you risk being punished.  It only becomes "discrimination" when a protected class enters the picture and whines about it.  The excuses presented here about black women having to style their hair a certain way because they don't have a choice are bullshit.  I've worked with plenty of black women who were able to look professional and some who looked ridiculous by choice, including nails so long they had trouble using a keyboard and clothes so tight they had to be talked to by HR.  Businesses have appearance policies for a good reason and crying "discrimination" because you can't comply is just the newest snowflake reaction because it works... right up until the company just stops hiring certain people because they know the inevitable drama that will transpire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

• In August 2018, Clinton Stanley Jr., a 6-year-old student at Book's Christian Academy in Florida, was sent home from school on account of his hair. The child's father was told that the school handbook states that boys are not permitted to have dreadlocks.

• In September 2018, officials at Christ the King middle school in Terrytown, Louisiana, informed one of its students that she was being expelled from the school because her "extensions" (braids) were unacceptable under their school code.

• In December 2018, Andrew Johnson, a black New Jersey teenager, was made to cut his dreadlocks by a white referee to continue participating in his school's wrestling match.

• In January 2020, a second student at Barbers Hill High School, 16-year-old Kaden Bradford, was suspended for the length of his dreadlocks. Kaden Bradford is DeAndre Arnold's cousin.

Yes, all so eloquent. Sorry, that’s not enough.

Like I said, they’re not getting any sympathy from me.

If the hair style interferes with actual schooling or work that’s different.

If the finger nails interfere with actual schooling or work that’s different.

I had a mustache in high school. Big deal. No one cared about it.

Black kids had big afros, others had short hair. Big deal. No one cared.

Perpetuating the status quo is not a valid reason for a law.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does this mean that restaurants cannot discriminate against white people with dreadlocks when hiring food prep employees?  I refuse to let those folks make my food. You have to be a seriously dirty MFer to develop dreads when you're not black.
View Quote

Damn show me where the white guy with dreads touched you.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Everyone should be forced to wear powdered wigs.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Everyone should be forced to wear powdered wigs.
View Quote

Hear, hear!

And codpieces. Women too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For fuck's sake.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Crew cuts for everyone......
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Crew cuts for everyone......
View Quote

Sounds good  

Oh shit. Did I just violate the crown act?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Honk Honk

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/SmartSelect_20220318-151907_News_Break_j-2317817.JPG
Glad they are doing the important work needed to get this country back on track

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/598757-house-passes-crown-act-banning-race-based-hair-discrimination

Does this mean white women won't get turned away at black hair salons?
View Quote
Cool, ill bring some homeless people to a black owned restaurant, we how much they like their matted dreads, and clumps. The law doesn't mention that a business has the right to refuse service to anyone, they don't need to tell them why.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right in the middle of my footlong.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Those are cornrows.

These are dreads:  

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I read the proposed legislation and it only protects essentially black people to style their hair pretty much ANY way they want. If a white person has the EXACT same hair style they are not protected under the proposed law since lets say dreadlocks or corn rows are not "commonly associated with the white race or national origin".  Equal protection under the law and all.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I read the proposed legislation and it only protects essentially black people to style their hair pretty much ANY way they want. If a white person has the EXACT same hair style they are not protected under the proposed law since lets say dreadlocks or corn rows are not "commonly associated with the white race or national origin".  Equal protection under the law and all.
View Quote

Of course
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Finally, our long nightmare has ended.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#39]
So, no picking on stupid white males with man buns
and skinny jeans
Bummer
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Those are cornrows.

These are dreads:  

https://i.imgur.com/H63Ekuw.jpg
View All Quotes

a white woman with dreads means they are 100% crazy
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

a white woman with dreads means they are 100% crazy
View Quote

Can personally verify from more than one experience. Usually comes complete with unshaven pits, legs and probably everything else.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#42]
the sound of deathroes of a nation
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
While this is hardly a priority right now I do agree with it.  Many schools have had dress code policy that is discriminatory against black people because they have different hair and different hairstyles are easier for the to manage and maintain.

Imagine a kid being told you can't wear rows or something and having to have a hairstyle you don't like.   How would white kids feel if they were told theyust have bowl cuts or something?  Shits fucked up.

Still not a priority but I do agree with it
View Quote

This is something for a school board to change, not congress.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Oh thank GOD!  Our politicians are ON THE JOB!  I can't tell you how many nights I've had to suffocate myself to sleep with a pillow, sobbing and screaming about hair injustices.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
 Why should blacks have to conform to your rules?  
View Quote

The real issue.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
the boomer I work with was outraged over this...I'm sitting here like who gives a fuck?
View Quote

Says a lot about you
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:11:08 AM EDT
[#48]
I’m glad our politicians are working so diligently to address the real hard hitting issues impacting America like our out of control inflation and high gas prices.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:14:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top