Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Because currently........

Christianity.....I get to choose to believe in Jesus Christ as my savior.  Or not.

Islam.....be a Muslim. Convert or die.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
ignorance, willful ignorance, denial, intellectual dishonesty.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The historical revisionists have lead many astray with regard to the Crusades.

Here, a known Atheist unpacks the truth about the Christian Crusades, and, he actually gets it right -> https://youtu.be/-ilFbbk9jw4
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've studied Hitler extensively and I can tell you that while he was raised a Roman Catholic he was certainly no sort of Christian.  I would characterize him as "areligious" or atheist.

The Communist in China and the USSR who were officially atheist killed around 70 to 100 million depending on who you ask.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Catholic church spent hundreds of years doing practically the same thing to a good portion of the world.

I'm not saying it in any way compares to islamic terrorism, but there are definitely points to be made that both religions have more than their fair share of atrocities.

And no one killed more people in the 20th century than atheistic communism.

Humans are bastards.

Hitler was a Christian and started the war that killed 20M+ people.

I've studied Hitler extensively and I can tell you that while he was raised a Roman Catholic he was certainly no sort of Christian.  I would characterize him as "areligious" or atheist.

The Communist in China and the USSR who were officially atheist killed around 70 to 100 million depending on who you ask.

The Khmer Rouge had a real hard-on for non-atheists in their genocide, too.

I'm not Christian, I'm agnostic.  I just can't stand the edgy possers constantly attacking Christianity.  It's just so cheap.

The definition of intellectual honesty is an agnostic or atheist calling out anti-Christian relativists on their bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Christianity: Repent from your sins,  accept Jesus and inherit heaven.   Pray for your enemies that they accept Jesus too.   Jesus died for YOU.  

Islam : kill the infidel.   Jews and Christians must die.   Mohammed waged war in order to spread his god's message.  

The two are fundamentally opposite.  

Anyone who does not see this is willfully ignorant or has an agenda.
View Quote

You left out the "burn in hell for all eternity if you don't accept Jesus" part.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You left out the "burn in hell for all eternity if you don't accept Jesus" part.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Christianity: Repent from your sins,  accept Jesus and inherit heaven.   Pray for your enemies that they accept Jesus too.   Jesus died for YOU.  

Islam : kill the infidel.   Jews and Christians must die.   Mohammed waged war in order to spread his god's message.  

At least with Christians you'll get there on your own time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not that they can't, it's that they don't want to.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of this ^^^
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Christianity.....I get to choose to believe in Jesus Christ as my savior.  Or not.

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

Yes. Currently.

But that's not the way early Chistianity started. Look at Charlemagne for example.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:08:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Islam wants to kill, fuck, and/or assimilate anything that isn't Islam.

Catholic church spent hundreds of years doing practically the same thing to a good portion of the world.

I'm not saying it in any way compares to islamic terrorism, but there are definitely points to be made that both religions have more than their fair share of atrocities.

Humans are bastards.

In the same way Obama is Christian lolol!
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you still hate your parents for telling you the boogeyman would get you if you kept staying up late?

The fact you equate the threat of an imaginary thing in a theoretical afterlife with a tangible steel blade cutting through your throat shows just how detached from reality your perspective is.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We have people on this site that supported the Russian killing of gays a few years back and others that  talk of "when the pendulum swings back and we can kill gays in the street". The only difference is the Christians are too much of cowards to behave the way they want to.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:24:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Useful idiots

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

/Thread.

None of the political leaders pushing this believe it themselves.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:02:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In every thread about Islamic terrorism and "moderate" Muslims supporting terrorists, some bumbling retard will come along and say "but but Christians killed people in the Crusades and we have abortion clinic bombers and Westboro Baptist church" or "the Old testament has stuff in it just as bad as the Koran" Do these people not realize that Muslims kill people everyday and the so called "moderates" don't care or support it? Terrorist attacks by "extremist Christians" that some act like are so common hardly ever happen and would be denounced by almost all Christians if they did. Why do some here try to lump all religions in together and not acknowledge that there are differences between them?
View Quote

Because their retards.

The bible has stuff in it that Christians today don't follow, and Im pretty sure that includes phrases that command violence against gays.  Thats because the church has evolved throughout the centuries.  Islam hasn't.  It is still a barbaric cult.

The left likes to beat on Christianity because it is an easy target.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:23:00 AM EDT
[#16]
You are preaching to the choir.

I dont understand how we can accept a president that willfully lets people in our country that have ties to terrorists and at the same time, wants to take an ability away for American Citizens to protect themselves.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Christianity is lucky in that it can brush off anything considered violent or too far out there for the times as being misinterpreted. Islam can't because it is considered timeless and the Hadith are pretty blatant about many things.

I do find it silly that religions can evolve though. The idea that a church was doing things wrong for hundreds of years and they didn't get things right until 1969 (or whenever) seems ridiculous.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#19]
The world is full of idiots, our society allows idiots to prosper while in other societies Darwin is allowed to have his way with them.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes. Currently.

But that's not the way early Chistianity started. Look at Charlemagne for example.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark

Yes. Currently.

And, I should care all that much about Charlemagne?   Look.....in the past there has been lots of murder, pillage, rape, mayhem, genocide, thievery, skullduggery, bombings, burnings, chemical warfare, biological warfare, violence against women, and slavery too, etc.....  I probably missed a lot.

Anyway, I care more about the times that I am living in, NOW.  Hey....I'll only be around for a limited time.  I'm not gonna make the history books, like the mass killers are hoping for. But of course, I also learn history.  So that, I hopefully don't repeat, what I personally don't want to see repeated. Though truthfully, I can be convinced at times, that something NEW or OLD can also be tried.  I'll keep an open mind about it. Yes, "been there, done that." has some meaning to me.

History is done.  Yes, it's usually according to the winners.  But perhaps, it's time to move on about the hurt feelings after a generation or two?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mind you I have no dog in this fight, but when presented with the Christians killed people arguement remind them that Christians more or less quit that shit about 500 years ago, you know when we left the dark ages.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Go back far enough in time and both religions have been involved in killing non-believers. In today's world only Islam advocates killing others who believe differently.  Christians for the most part are interested in saving non-Christians from what they believe is eternal damnation in hell. Accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior and you're right with God. If you don't do that apparently God gets pissed. How else to explain that you go to a very bad place forever if you don't believe that?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Citation from the archives please.

I could make up crazy bullshit without proof too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have people on this site that supported the Russian killing of gays a few years back and others that  talk of "when the pendulum swings back and we can kill gays in the street". The only difference is the Christians are too much of cowards to behave the way they want to.

Citation from the archives please.

I could make up crazy bullshit without proof too.

Just like out <sarcasm> beloved <sarcasm>  does
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
And then the reformation happened.  The problem is radical jihad is quite possibly the reformation for Islam.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And then the reformation happened.  The problem is radical jihad is quite possibly the reformation for Islam.

agreed

Culturally, most Christians today would be viewed as heretics by our Christian ancestors only a few hundred years ago.  

The ideals of the Enlightenment have been so fully absorbed that they are now considered Christian values, despite the fact that the Christian authorities at the time viewed them as a danger to the Church.

The problem with Islam is the cultures that fall under its sway don't have the kind of philosophical or intellectual underpinnings to support any sort of reformation.   I think Turkey is the most likely, but they are heading the opposite direction currently.  

Barring a forced reformation (ala the Japanese after WWII), I think the Muslim world is going to be a sore spot until the world finds a replacement for oil.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Humans are bastards.

Anyone can profess to being Chritian. Actions speak loader than words
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Social relativism.

Kids today are taught that African's living in mud huts are socially equal in value to societies that put a man on the moon.

How can a kid brainwashed with that shit ever be expected to sort things out  once they grow up?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let's not forget the infamous Anders Breivik thread.

"but mommy, they started it" is the perpetual rallying cry and excuse of the human race.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

agreed

Culturally, most Christians today would be viewed as heretics by our Christian ancestors only a few hundred years ago.  
The ideals of the Enlightenment have been so fully absorbed that they are now considered Christian values, despite the fact that the Christian authorities at the time viewed them as a danger to the Church.

The problem with Islam is the cultures that fall under its sway don't have the kind of philosophical or intellectual underpinnings to support any sort of reformation.   I think Turkey is the most likely, but they are heading the opposite direction currently.  

Barring a forced reformation (ala the Japanese after WWII), I think the Muslim world is going to be a sore spot until the world finds a replacement for oil.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed

I find the continued GD intermixing/confusion of the Reformation with the Enlightenment to be one of the most hilarious absurdities of this place.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Humans are bastards.

Exactly. Professed Christians who don't act like I think they should are obviously not Christians. Professed Muslims who don't act like I think they should are obviously not Muslims. Duhh. This is unassailable logic,
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:46:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Whereas, I can certainly see the current difference between Christianity and Islam, it wasn't just the Crusades where Christianity was brutal.

Look at the Inquisition, not a hell of a lot difference between that and current Islam from the radicals.  

Sure, a long time ago, but I do believe that if current Christian leaders could take control of the government (as it is under Islam), I doubt there would be a lot of difference.  Just a few years ago, the Southern Baptist down here used to go around to every event that happened telling everyone they were going to hell if the they weren't born again.  Our country was founded on a principle of religious freedom for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Because their retards.

The bible has stuff in it that Christians today don't follow, and Im pretty sure that includes phrases that command violence against gays. Thats because the church has evolved throughout the centuries.  Islam hasn't.  It is still a barbaric cult.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In every thread about Islamic terrorism and "moderate" Muslims supporting terrorists, some bumbling retard will come along and say "but but Christians killed people in the Crusades and we have abortion clinic bombers and Westboro Baptist church" or "the Old testament has stuff in it just as bad as the Koran" Do these people not realize that Muslims kill people everyday and the so called "moderates" don't care or support it? Terrorist attacks by "extremist Christians" that some act like are so common hardly ever happen and would be denounced by almost all Christians if they did. Why do some here try to lump all religions in together and not acknowledge that there are differences between them?

Because their retards.

The bible has stuff in it that Christians today don't follow, and Im pretty sure that includes phrases that command violence against gays. Thats because the church has evolved throughout the centuries.  Islam hasn't.  It is still a barbaric cult.

I'm not much of a Christian myself, I'm mostly agnostic... but that shit right there. Old Testament stuff aren't the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ did NOT advocate killing ANYONE for ANY FUCKING REASON. Christ taught love and forgiveness. While He did encourage His followers to protect themselves, He never taught to kill anyone because they did something naughty.

Any "christian" who murders (blowing up abortion clinics, killing gays, etc) are not doing it because Christ taught them to.

Muslims on the other hand... well just compare Jesus Christ to Muhammad. How many people did Jesus kill? 0  How many did Muhammad kill, and I'm talking just the ones he killed by his own hand?  HUNDREDS.

There's also a huge difference between the texts of the two religions. The Bible is inspired by God/Jesus and are the writings of men. The Koran is (what muslims believe) THE LITERAL WORD OF GOD, passed to Muhammad via the archangel Gabriel. So yeah, when someone earlier mentioned the Christian reformations kinda "getting back to the roots"... you'd have to wonder what "roots" Islam could go back to... because it pretty much started and spread by the sword.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm not much of a Christian myself, I'm mostly agnostic... but that shit right there. Old Testament stuff aren't the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ did NOT advocate killing ANYONE for ANY FUCKING REASON. Christ taught love and forgiveness. While He did encourage His followers to protect themselves, He never taught to kill anyone because they did something naughty.

Any "christian" who murders (blowing up abortion clinics, killing gays, etc) are not doing it because Christ taught them to.

Muslims on the other hand... well just compare Jesus Christ to Muhammad. How many people did Jesus kill? 0  How many did Muhammad kill, and I'm talking just the ones he killed by his own hand?  HUNDREDS.

There's also a huge difference between the texts of the two religions. The Bible is inspired by God/Jesus and are the writings of men. The Koran is (what muslims believe) THE LITERAL WORD OF GOD, passed to Muhammad via the archangel Gabriel. So yeah, when someone earlier mentioned the Christian reformations kinda "getting back to the roots"... you'd have to wonder what "roots" Islam could go back to... because it pretty much started and spread by the sword.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because their retards.

This is on track with I think as well. Jesus was a radical that brought salvation from the external to the internal. Pick up a Bible with His words in red and you will see that he truly preached a path of peace that begins and ends with is in one's heart. The pederast, slave owning Muhammad was one of the pretenders that Jesus warned us about.C.S. Lewis makes the analogy in Mere Christianity that Jesus' message was so radical that it is akin to someone declaring himself to be a poached egg. You can believe that the person is a poached egg, or you can believe them to be mad. It's that simple of choice and it appears that enough of Jesus' contemporaries believed in his message to change the world. Believe in Him or not, but he never  preached killing of non-believers and he never advocated a holy war. The Old Testament is just the old way and according to Jesus, he is the only path to salvation. So we have that going for us which is nice.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I find the continued GD intermixing/confusion of the Reformation with the Enlightenment to be one of the most hilarious absurdities of this place.
View Quote

It is understandable.   The Reformation and the Renaissance were the major influences on the Enlightenment.

Religion is a part of culture.  As the culture changes, so does the religion and vice versa.

The ideas that flowered in the Enlightenment were in their nascent forms during the Reformation and the Renaissance, and I would say those ideas played their part in both.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Dont mind him, he has a particularly hateful view towards Christians, even for GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To paint with such a broad brush is absolutely stupid.

Dont mind him, he has a particularly hateful view towards Christians, even for GD.
yup he is one of those who would gladly burn churches, shoot clergy, and round up Christians for extermination but is too cowardly to act on his desires.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Since we've broached the subject of Hitler and Christianity Wikipedia has a pretty thorough treatment of the subject:

Religious Views of Adolf Hiter

View Quote

Seems a lot like Zero
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Islam will douse you gasoline today
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes. Currently.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark

Yes. Currently.

You gotta ask, is that Christianity or how politics were done back then. Are you actually trying to apply modern cultural norms to the middle ages?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You gotta ask, is that Christianity or how politics were done back then. Are you actually trying to apply modern cultural norms to the middle ages?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark

Yes. Currently.

Only to the Middle East.

We can do this geographically, but not temporarily.

Otherwise, brains hurt.

Well, unless it's something Muslims did. That's fair game going back to the beginning.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Humans are bastards.

Wow, dude.  12 words and two enormous errors.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Very simple, our country to so dumbed down, they can't see the forest because of the trees.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Christians in African nations do the same thing right now, some of it anyway.

There have been posts right here in GD about "killing fags" and even stating that's something the Muslims do right and we should too.

If we lived in a theocracy instead of a secular country things would be different.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, there is a point to be made. It's a stupid point, that demonstrates to me the person saying it has never studied history or comparative religion.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Humans are bastards.

Hitler was a Christian, eh?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not a broad brush. GD was ate up with it. Between that, the general misogyny, and copious thinly veiled racist threads, I rarely even check in here anymore. And when I do it's usually more of the same.

But it's an election year and I like to keep up with whats going on. My wife and I are firmly on the trump train. It seems that much of GD would rather see Hillary win. That would include the moderators it seems.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Oops. Double tap
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Christianity teaches love, tolerance and understanding.

Any Christians that kill are breaking from the teachings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Christianity teaches love, tolerance and understanding.

Any Christians that kill are breaking from the teachings.

LOL!!! The worse threads are the ones full of posters that self identity with Christianity.

Its an embarrassment for Christians and gun owners sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Only to the Middle East.

Otherwise, brains hurt.

Well, unless it's something Muslims did. That's fair game going back to the beginning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark

Yes. Currently.

Only to the Middle East.

Otherwise, brains hurt.

Of course, somewhat uniquely among Abrahamic religions does Islam both stifle innovation amongst believers. Considering the totality of control over the public sphere that Islam claims in its belief system, that does make any scoping of analysis necessarily different.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's not a broad brush. GD was ate up with it. Between that, the general misogyny, and copious thinly veiled racist threads, I rarely even check in here anymore. And when I do it's usually more of the same.

But it's an election year and I like to keep up with whats going on. My wife and I are firmly on the trump train. It seems that much of GD would rather see Hillary win. That would include the moderators it seems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's another thread altogether, but methinks staff trolling is afoot.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Please.  Probably the most moronic comment I've read today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please.  Probably the most moronic comment I've read today.

Oh please. It's the truth, except for the slur about being cowards.

I don't believe they represent Christ or most Christians but it was like "we are all westboro now" for awhile.

As a matter of fact, the single characteristic of Christian identity is an unhealthy obsession with teh ghey.

And a general loathing for people in terrible conditions in other countries. Or even this country.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For about 200 years they were "somewhat" equal. Islam was killing infidels, attacking merchants, and committing piracy at the same time. Yet they did it before the catholics, then continued after them. Its mentioned in books and recorded in history. The thing is it never changed for Islam, it was the status quo. People reflect back on the perversion of European Catholicism hundreds of years ago because it was and now is such an anomaly of Christianity. Yet violent Islam is normal....so no reflection of "different" or "bad" times. It was and is ALL BAD.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top