User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No markings besides a sticky label that read "Dry Clean Only". I did find this in the pocket of my Splinter parka.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51409/20171215_114806_resized_-_Edited-391700.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious,  are there any markings of any kind on them?  My parka was purchased around 1990 and there are no makers marks or even a size print.  
A very nice quality parka.

EDIT  @slimslade
No markings besides a sticky label that read "Dry Clean Only". I did find this in the pocket of my Splinter parka.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51409/20171215_114806_resized_-_Edited-391700.jpg
My hunch is that it was made in China (Hong Kong) or Taiwan.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What about the WHERE EAGLES DARE camo pattern?

That one really fascinates me the most. I hanker for it and there is a UK shop that sells it.
View Quote
I remember watching that movie and thinking it was the coolest camo way back as a kid.

http://www.ebolcastle.co.uk/extremecc/wed.htm

http://www.gunmart.net/clothing-footwear/camouflage-clothing/wheres-eagle-dare-parka
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Exactly, so what do you do? It might be an ambush it might be a log.

Keep walking, tell the commander what are you trained to do
View Quote
You raise your right fist, so the entire patrol freezes, then you probably signal everybody to get down.  When your team lead comes up to ask you why you did that, you point out the possible hostile, and he or the patrol leader makes a decision on whether to send some guys to check it out, while the remainder of the patrol is prepared to provide fire support for them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious,  are there any markings of any kind on them?  My parka was purchased around 1990 and there are no makers marks or even a size print.  
A very nice quality parka.

EDIT  @slimslade

Don't believe so since I visited his "factory" in L.A. and saw the operation.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This pattern was widely worn by infantry and armored crewmen of the 12th SS at Normandy as a coverall "panzerkombi".
View Quote
My recollection is that the Germans seized a large amount of the M29 fabric when the Italian's collapsed in '43.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wish Crye had their clothes and PC’s in Flecktarn
View Quote
@drago6

While visiting crye, I've seen sets of G3 combats Tropentarn. I was told it was from an order for the KSK.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Very informative. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a couple of flecktarn parkas, never issued, still look brand new. They blend in great with the vegetation around here, especially in the wet weather.

Same as this one:

https://kit.imgix.net/products/e5/a6/original-bundeswehr-parka-flecktarn-wustentarn-bw-feldparka-e5a67c127ab536e083219df6fc5df909.png
View Quote
You can find these on sale on ebay, goretex, and for not too much money.  But beware they are sized a size too small.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
His camo'd krink is still my favorite camo gun.

http://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/SLR107UR/SLR107UR_TanCamo30rd.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@tx-zen has these and did a killer write up
His camo'd krink is still my favorite camo gun.

http://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/SLR107UR/SLR107UR_TanCamo30rd.JPG
@BillythePoet
@Finslayer83
Thanks for the kind words guys. I sold the UR because it really wasn't my thing, but I still miss that camo scheme. Have an SLR104 that I am tempted to replicate the pattern on, it was a ton of fun to paint the UR that way and I do believe I'd like another rifle that color

As far as regular Partizan and Partizan-M goes they are both very effective in the right terrain. IMO Partizan-M is overall a bit more versatile because of the subdued green which tends to mix well in many predominantly green environments. Partizan does well too but the tan can catch your eye if the area is mostly shades of green. Both versions do well with the reversed autumn side in brown colored areas and if there is underbrush I find the autumn tends to work really well there in the summer too. The uniforms themselves are comfortable and can be worn as oversuits but they are reasonable when worn standalone. They have pockets but due to the bagginess of the design they can be annoying to have anything in them. Remember BDUs with stuff in the thigh cargo pockets? Yes, I hated that too. Partizan-M is a heavier fabric and to me more comfortable than regular Partizan

Both are good against day optics but NV does not favor them.

In previous tests with 1PN34/NSPU Partizan-M appeared almost black and was the easiest to spot. In my current testing with 1PN51, 1PN58, 1PN93, 1PN114, PN22K and TNVC PVS14 Partizan-M has done better than before but still tends to be easier to spot than other camo. For whatever reason the autumn side seems to work better against NV than the day side but I am not sure why.

Here you can see Partizan-M on the far right. Very easy to spot with PN21K which is a Gen 2+ recent manufacture. Gorka-E summer and Gorka-E autumn are next to it and do much better

What is extremely effective against NV is digital camo patterns. The newer the NV device the harder it is to detect the digital pattern because the resolution is so much higher and the camo actually makes it blend well into the background. In my testing so far two patterns were nearly invisible at 100 yards for most NV optics against a dirt berm. Russian digiflora is amazing at hiding the uniform on the two nights I tested, and actually so was Gorka-S, the plain OD version.

Ironically 1PN34 has the worst visibility, but at 100 and 300 yards all the uniforms were relatively easy to spot. Low tech doesn't see as well, but digital patterns aren't any more effective against them than daylight patterns it seems. If you are prone 1PN34 will have a hard time to spot you but if you are on a movement to contact I feel like it may have the edge due to it's grainy resolution. Keep in my mind that in a given night 1PN34 only works in a smaller range of lighting conditions due to it's age so modern optics like PVS14 absolutely crush it, but during those periods where 1PN34 works it may catch you when the PVS14 or 1PN93 can't.

Far right Digiflora left of and next to the two circle targets. The right target is the steel target
Woodland BDU (we were totally dead meat in the 90s NATO patterns haha)
3rd from right Partizan-M. You can see it gets destroyed by the rest of the patterns
On it's left you can see regular Partizan
Then Gorka-S plain OD
Finally on the far left is my favorite pattern SURPAT, made by Survival Corps, or SRVV

You can see that the 3 digital patterns and plain OD Gorka-S do very well against PN22K which is a Gen 3 tube and a really good one at that. I don't have the spec sheet for it but it's just a hair behind my PVS14 and better than every other combloc NV by a good margin. It's really quite remarkable.
By comparison Partizan-M just can't compete, it has a tendency to look black under most NV light conditions

So while I really like Partizan-M for daylight operations it is a liability against NV and you will get hammered at night for sure. FWIW I'd take digiflora or SURPAT over most other camo patterns on the market. MARPAT, CADPAT and similar designs will do very well also but I'm not sure about Multicam or any of the newer stuff like ATACS. I will try to incorporate them into future testing

http://russianoptics.net/RusCam.html
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#10]
TX-Zen, thanks, nice write up. I'm a fan of the digi patterns but often they look like a solid color at distance during the day. Seems like they may be the ticket at night. An interesting note about multicam...the Brit multicam bashas and other multicam tarps glow at night under NODs. The last SUT class I attended we were being taught how to set up a patrol base and had our bashas, tarps and ponchos set up in the base. After dark everyone was playing with there NODs prior to the recce phase and we noticed all the multicam tarps and bashas glow...brightly. It was a real disappointment. I do not know if with use/soiling the glowing effect will fade or if it's just how the material/pattern looks under NODs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The human eye hasn't changed much in many, many thousands of years, maybe a lot longer.  Plenty of good camo patterns from the past.  I don't know how much research the Germans did when establishing their WW II camo patterns.  I believe that such research as was done into such things back then was rather primitive, and mostly trial-and-error.

I do recall that GIs in the early days of WW II fighting in France, had their camo outfits recalled because of their taking friendly fire.  Sgt Saunders in "Combat!" retained his camo helmet cover.  Looked a lot like this: http://www.hessenantique.com/Army_WWII_Camo_HBT_Jacket_p/r18505400.htm.

However, with the advent of night vision, and infrared illumination, many older designs do not hold up well.  Not saying this is necessarily the case with SS camo specifically, just as a general remark.

As an example, USGI UCP, the much-hated camo pattern still worn by some troops, is excellent when viewed under IR-illuminated NV devices.  Not so good in daylight, unless in a rock quarry.  The old Vietnam-era "Tiger-Stripe" was pretty good under the right conditions, but under NV, the prominent black stripes really stand out.

Of course, even the best camo can be ruined by laundering it with a detergent containing "Optical Brighteners", which is to say, most of them.  Approved detergent lists exist, but use "Woolite" as it is easily found, and reliable.
View Quote
Plaster once wrote that tiger stripes were oriented incorrectly.

If you take a look at them, most of the time the black stripes are horizontal. They should have been vertical.  Tigerstripes were like 1920s prison uniforms.  Convicts wore horizontal stripes so you could see them easily looking through vertical bars.  Same effect looking at an upright man in tigerstripes through the jungle.

Largely, this is why MACV-SOG would wear OG-107s, put on all their equipment, and have someone spray generally vertical stripes with a spray paint can.

This was an interesting video.  I always thought the US camouflage uniforms looked too much like SS Uniforms, and was surprised how the detail of the camouflage really couldnt be discerned on these people.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]
one of the more interesting threads in  a long time.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
one of the more interesting threads in  a long time.
View Quote
Ayup.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]
The Germans have always made good shit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm unlikely to ever drop below 220 again.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@shifty_one

I was able to get some stuff for me recently from sportsmans guide that was about as good as it gets

I am 6'2" and about 190 pounds
I'm unlikely to ever drop below 220 again.....
Both of these companies, make modern combat pants/gear - in Flecktarn, in your size
European Teir 1 gear.

https://www.clawgear.com/en/Operator-Combat-Pant-Flecktarn-48R-19888en699/

http://ufpro.si/uf_pro_products/pants/82/uf_pro_striker_xt_gen_2_combat_pants/
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Germans have always made good shit.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Panzerfaust mmmm

The Russian stuff (gorka? partizan?) looks a lot like the ww2 German stuff.
View Quote
Gorka is one type of mountain uniform taken directly from captured German WW2 stock. According to what I have read the Russians tested the German mountain suits and were extremely impressed
50 years later someone found the original captured uniforms and started making them for the military / police / special units and they caught on like wildfire

I can say from personal use the SPOSN versions are amazingly well made and my Russian friends claim they are true to the originals. Comfortable, waterproof, windproof and very very durable. To me they are the best fitting and feeling uniforms I have ever worn. Not ideal for tropical or desert climates but outside of those areas they are effective as hell even in double digit negatives if you layer right.

Partizan is a sniper oversuit. Lightweight and reversible it is also modeled after the original German SS suits but they are not direct copies or clones like Gorka. Inspired by is a better description than clone. The oversuit itself is now being made in many color patterns, not just what we call summer Partizan. I've got one in digiflora that is really nice. In photos Partizan is much more common than Partizan-M but I have seen photos of both.

One thing about the association with Nazi or SS gear...the Russians don't care. Apparently they are quite pragmatic and only value how effective the camo patterns are and how functional the uniforms are. They have no problem using SS pattern camo at all. The Russians also don't care what nationality camo is. Special units will use anything they like including British DPM, Finnish M/05 and Multicam, as well as MARPAT. You see Multicam and Western optics in the Ukraine more because the US is supplying the Ukraine with military gear. You don't see it nearly as often on the Russian side in the Ukraine, but special units use them in other areas. Regular army is different and are much more consistent with issue gear, but as we've seen in the Ukraine if forces are not officially Russian military they are often equipped with all kinds of stuff

Airborne units are being issued DigiFlora now and it's entering service into the general army as well but OMON and other special units are apparently heavily invested in Gorka and to some extent Partizan.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 2:56:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gorka is one type of mountain uniform taken directly from captured German WW2 stock. According to what I have read the Russians tested the German mountain suits and were extremely impressed
50 years later someone found the original captured uniforms and started making them for the military / police / special units and they caught on like wildfire

I can say from personal use the SPOSN versions are amazingly well made and my Russian friends claim they are true to the originals. Comfortable, waterproof, windproof and very very durable. To me they are the best fitting and feeling uniforms I have ever worn. Not ideal for tropical or desert climates but outside of those areas they are effective as hell even in double digit negatives if you layer right.

Partizan is a sniper oversuit. Lightweight and reversible it is also modeled after the original German SS suits but they are not direct copies or clones like Gorka. Inspired by is a better description than clone. The oversuit itself is now being made in many color patterns, not just what we call summer Partizan. I've got one in digiflora that is really nice. In photos Partizan is much more common than Partizan-M but I have seen photos of both.

One thing about the association with Nazi or SS gear...the Russians don't care. Apparently they are quite pragmatic and only value how effective the camo patterns are and how functional the uniforms are. They have no problem using SS pattern camo at all. The Russians also don't care what nationality camo is. Special units will use anything they like including British DPM, Finnish M/05 and Multicam, as well as MARPAT. You see Multicam and Western optics in the Ukraine more because the US is supplying the Ukraine with military gear. You don't see it nearly as often on the Russian side in the Ukraine, but special units use them in other areas. Regular army is different and are much more consistent with issue gear, but as we've seen in the Ukraine if forces are not officially Russian military they are often equipped with all kinds of stuff

Airborne units are being issued DigiFlora now and it's entering service into the general army as well but OMON and other special units are apparently heavily invested in Gorka and to some extent Partizan.
View Quote
thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 3:03:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I will say it again, The Germans are scary mother fuckers
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
were
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Several years ago in October I was at a rifle match where a guy about 25 yards away was wearing a repro WW2 German smock in the Fall (brown) oak leaf pattern. He walked in front of a stand of trees and his torso vanished. It was almost like watching Predator. By far the most effective camo I've ever personally seen.
View Quote
Finnish M05 pattern (which is pretty much a modernized Flecktarn) works really well around where I live, the fact that it's very well made is an added bonus.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

thanks for sharing
View Quote
Ditto.

I need to learn more about the various Ruskie patterns and types

Saw this one SSO SPOSN Partizan-M Double sided.

Definitely very similar to WWII 'Oak'

Link Posted: 12/19/2017 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Finnish M05 pattern (which is pretty much a modernized Flecktarn) works really well around where I live, the fact that it's very well made is an added bonus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Several years ago in October I was at a rifle match where a guy about 25 yards away was wearing a repro WW2 German smock in the Fall (brown) oak leaf pattern. He walked in front of a stand of trees and his torso vanished. It was almost like watching Predator. By far the most effective camo I've ever personally seen.
Like I need another reason to spend money with Varusteleka.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

were
View Quote
Maybe.

Evolution will take its course I imagine
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Like I need another reason to spend money with Varusteleka.
View Quote
That's where I got mine, the Finns make good a lot of cool shit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ditto.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4b/73/8c/4b738cb4c9f4d4a4ca04a0bb39153eab--military-surplus-military-uniforms.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for sharing
Ditto.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4b/73/8c/4b738cb4c9f4d4a4ca04a0bb39153eab--military-surplus-military-uniforms.jpg
IIRC it is an exact copy of German Oak.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 2:17:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for sharing
Ditto.

https://rus-mil.com/shop/clothes/partizan-m-camouflage-suit-russian-spetsnaz/#magnific/0/
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Excellent! Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

This past weekend.   Oak smock (fall side out) and "44 dot" pants.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

A few weeks ago at a local air show.  Same smock... "plane tree" helmet cover with sniper veil (actually much more commonly worn my machine gun crews)
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7785/FB_IMG_1513890672596-397157.JPG

This past weekend.   Oak smock (fall side out) and "44 dot" pants.
View Quote
You look good enough to Mosin~!

Link Posted: 12/21/2017 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What is fire discipline? What is knowing your target and backstop? You want friendly fire? Cause that’s how you get friendly fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool video I have a question for the military guys.

You are on a patrol and see something not quite right you think might be an enemy solider in camo,  you can’t just fire a few rounds at it (or can you) what do you do.
What is fire discipline? What is knowing your target and backstop? You want friendly fire? Cause that’s how you get friendly fire.
Sure but the camo did its job, made you hesitate so the other side could open fire.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've got a friend who was stationed in Germany back in the late 70's. He was on maneuvers during ReForger and he attempted to jump up into German troop truck. He barked his shins terribly. He got hazed pretty hard by the Germans he was operating with at the time. They found it funny that he was unhappy the bed was quite a few inches higher than the American trucks. The German sergeant he asked about it told him the frame and body of the vehicles used in Russia got bogged down too easily because of the deep mud in Russia. He claimed that they'd learned their lesson and would be better prepared the next time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for sharing
Ditto.

https://rus-mil.com/shop/clothes/partizan-m-camouflage-suit-russian-spetsnaz/#magnific/0/
is there a source of that material? My wife is a pretty good seamstress, I'd love to see what she could do with it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

is there a source of that material? My wife is a pretty good seamstress, I'd love to see what she could do with it.
View Quote
Ebay is the only source I can find at the moment. This seller had the spring pattern earlier in the week but I can't locate it at the moment.

Fall Pattern

Nevermind seems like the fall pattern has been removed also.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
TX-Zen, thanks, nice write up. I'm a fan of the digi patterns but often they look like a solid color at distance during the day. Seems like they may be the ticket at night. An interesting note about multicam...the Brit multicam bashas and other multicam tarps glow at night under NODs. The last SUT class I attended we were being taught how to set up a patrol base and had our bashas, tarps and ponchos set up in the base. After dark everyone was playing with there NODs prior to the recce phase and we noticed all the multicam tarps and bashas glow...brightly. It was a real disappointment. I do not know if with use/soiling the glowing effect will fade or if it's just how the material/pattern looks under NODs.
View Quote
Interesting observations. I bet it's the material more than the color pattern. Not an expert but I bet it's made from some kind of nylon like our old ponchos were.

Now that I think about it, I'll add some multicam and flecktarn to the testing as well
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone have a lead on where I can get a Partizan camo?  I am not looking for Partizan-M but the Partizan that reverses to all brown Autumn.  just like the one in the TEX-zen article linked to earlier in the thread.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone have a lead on where I can get a Partizan camo?  I am not looking for Partizan-M but the Partizan that reverses to all brown Autumn.  just like the one in the TEX-zen article linked to earlier in the thread.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
View Quote
I got mine, from Russia, on ebay.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Did it look the same as TEX-zen version?  I looked at a few and they all seem to have more green in them on the Autumn side than what you see on pictures at TEX-zen version.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Did it look the same as TEX-zen version?  I looked at a few and they all seem to have more green in them on the Autumn side than what you see on pictures at TEX-zen version.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
View Quote
I wasn't aware of its existence until I saw one of his threads.

These are my pics of what I got off ebay from a Russian seller.  No green at all on the brown side.

Link Posted: 12/24/2017 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Both of these companies, make modern combat pants/gear - in Flecktarn, in your size
European Teir 1 gear.

https://www.clawgear.com/en/Operator-Combat-Pant-Flecktarn-48R-19888en699/

http://ufpro.si/uf_pro_products/pants/82/uf_pro_striker_xt_gen_2_combat_pants/
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

This the PARTIZAN with the green side out.

Attachment Attached File

Here it is with the brown side out.  All the ones on E-bay look like they have more green in them.

The Partizan and Partizan-M are different.  It looks like you have the Partizan-M.  Me, I'm looking for the Partizan.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Panzerfaust mmmm

The Russian stuff (gorka? partizan?) looks a lot like the ww2 German stuff.

Yeah you’re the rat bastard that got me to buy my partizan stuff.

From the CSB files: I had the overshirt on to pick up my son one night and this kid (maybe 12-13) walks up to me and starts telling me all about Russian camo patterns.  You sure you dont have any illegitimate offspring in my AO?
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1378/Partizan-Partizan-MPAR-400418.JPG

This the PARTIZAN with the green side out.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1378/PartizanReversedFenceGorkaPAR-400420.JPG

Here it is with the brown side out.  All the ones on E-bay look like they have more green in them.

The Partizan and Partizan-M are different.  It looks like you have the Partizan-M.  Me, I'm looking for the Partizan.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
View Quote
Ok. Sorry.  I misread your intent.  Thought you were looking for the one on the right.

Mi scusi! Mi scusi!
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I’d say night vision equip is the only new factor since tgen
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#46]
This may be a stupid question, but what do they wear under the "oversuit"?  Regular BDU's or whatever?
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Interesting observations. I bet it's the material more than the color pattern. Not an expert but I bet it's made from some kind of nylon like our old ponchos were.

Now that I think about it, I'll add some multicam and flecktarn to the testing as well
View Quote
Interestingly enough the one dude with the old school poncho was barely noticeable under NODs compared to the glowing multicam tarps. I'd gladly loan my basha for a NOD test if you are ever on the east coast. I have a PVS14 but I don't have a good way to take pics thru it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ok. Sorry.  I misread your intent.  Thought you were looking for the one on the right.

Mi scusi! Mi scusi!
View Quote
No problem.  How did you determine your fit?  I followed the charts most of them have on their webpage or auction and came out with something different than when I asked one seller.  I sent my dimensions to him and came back totally different.
One of the main reasons I never ordered several years ago when I first seen Gorka suits.
For instance.  I am 5' 10".  yeah i know, short.  That converts to 177.8 cm.  I figured i am a size 4 for height.  Seller told me I am a 5!

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Gerry was ahead of his time in more than one way.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top