Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This whole thread seems like an advertisement for bitcoin and gold
View Quote
May work for some things. Imagine if your 401k was that volatile however.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Aside from rates, they need to stop buying stuff. FED needs to completely stop, not just slow down, buying Treasury debt and mortgage-backed securities. The market distortion is huge because of the Fed.

And boy, would the Gov have a problem if they couldn't print money to pay their expenses.
View Quote

25 years ago I was meth addict tweaked on, fucked up, and out of my mind. That's where the fed is with low rates and printing money. They're kind of stuck, because it's all sort of premised on not stopping, because if they stop, it's all going to blow up in their face. And that's what it takes, that's what it took for me, to stop and get my shit straight, but it was extremely unpleasant. Someone else had to force it on me, because I was never going to go that way on my own.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Raise interest rates slightly, cause minor slowing in inflation and a minor recession.
Generally stock prices drop, except for banks which perform better due to higher rates.
Then in 2023 drop interest rates again to "spur growth". Really this allows for restructuring debt, as in kick it further down the road.
During a minor recession and stock market slump the big financial companies buy up assets at a discount from companies that cannot service debt at a higher rate. Blackrock, Blackstone, Warren Buffet companies, Goldman, JPMorgan, etc.  buy more foreclosed properties and bundle them into single family rental mortgage backed securities. The politicians and super rich buy stocks, then sell them off later after prices go up.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s not like they are going to raise the rates a couple percent at a time. They can raise the rates three times and still be less than a percent higher. As someone already said they (we) have painted ourselves into a corner. Made so much debt that even a cheap rate, like 5%, will cause major problems in just servicing the debt.

Interesting times indeed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bitcoin and other crypto currency is nice for now but could easily be shut down overnight, because it is completely unusable and inaccessible without the internet backbone infrastructure that is controlled by para and quasi governmental and also corporate entities.
View Quote

^^^^^^^^^Shut down the net and you can’t even use your debit cards for the digital fiat we think we have. Wrap your noodle around that for a minute.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If stocks take a dive bet they both do as well.

View Quote

They do seem to trade in tandem with the market, and it makes no sense.

But the reality is, crypto is in as much of a bubble as our markets are.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
On the crypto topic. The big coins have been sorta following the market. Market sp500 down 1% Bit coin down 3%. That sorta thing. So I think the saw or worse will happen if there is a stock correction. BUT wait it gets worse. There are a lot of SHIT coins. Heck when I went digging into the "stable coins" some of those are Ponzi scheme's and there is a crap load of money in them. I think when the market starts to go down on stocks and a liquidity crises happens the coins are going to drop HARD. If stocks are off 30% my hunch is even the big coins will be down 80%. But wait it gets worse.  Recall all the Shit coins... and even if only 1 "stable coin" is a Ponzi scheme and it locks up and goes down, it's going to trigger a TOTAL rush for the exits on crypto and I don't see the system being able to handle that. Personally I think there are good coins, and there is something there. BUT it's mixed with a lot of junk, and good with bad it's all going to get taken out with the trash.

I think this is why the gov has let it happen and get to the point it is. What better way to get rid of competition to the fed system than to have everyone loose everything they have in the competing system when it totally fails. Remember the fed is also talking about rolling out there own digital currency in 2022 hmmm.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I feel like they’re backed into a corner.

On one hand, the free money has made everyone rich, and too much money chasing too few goods.

But if they raise rates, everyone is taking a 10-30% haircut in their assets whether it be homes or stocks.

Do you actually think they’ll start in March, or keep dragging this along, and say they’re serious, and it’s going to come.
View Quote

The economy can handle a minor rise in rates, the problem is that 1/4 pt or 1/2 pt raise in Fed funds rate, will not dent the 6%+ inflation in the economy.

This is the problem throughout history, because if the FED only does 1/4 pt or 1/2 pt the Market will be off to the races, as people rightly assume the FED is soft on inflation, making inflation worse, forcing the FED to chase the market. There is no economic difference borrowing money at 0% or .25% or .5%, so yeah I believe Powell when he says he is going to stop inflation. He crashed the market in 2018.

I believe the FED will eventually invert the yield curve because they always do. At the end of the day, the dollar and bond market will be defended.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The economy can handle a minor rise in rates, the problem is that 1/4 pt or 1/2 pt raise in Fed funds rate, will not dent the 6%+ inflation in the economy.

This is the problem throughout history, because if the FED only does 1/4 pt or 1/2 pt the Market will be off to the races, as people rightly assume the FED is soft on inflation, making inflation worse, forcing the FED to chase the market. There is no economic difference borrowing money at 0% or .25% or .5%, so yeah I believe Powell when he says he is going to stop inflation. He crashed the market in 2018.

I believe the FED will eventually invert the yield curve because they always do. At the end of the day, the dollar and bond market will be defended.

View Quote

Thank you for your reply; it makes sense.

If they only do .25 or .50, the market will be like oh, that's it? And it's back to the races.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Crypto digital currency has finite supply in common with precious metals, but unlike precious metals, it does not actually exist except as an idea. Like, you can turn it off and it vanishes in the mist, because it only ever was a computer data string. Like just having the idea of the number 3, instead of having three pieces of an actual amount of a real thing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thank you for your reply; it makes sense.

If they only do .25 or .50, the market will be like oh, that's it? And it's back to the races.
View Quote

1/4 or 1/2 is all they’ll do at one time, and rates do not sit at a static point. The Fed funds rate is targeted to be range bound (currently 0.0-0.25 and around Christmas it was 0.08 IIRC).

Despite what people think, rates matter and if we’re talking about the Fed Funds rate being back to .75-1.25 by EoY then that’s a big deal for asset prices. Will it have an economic impact? Yes. How much? We’ll see.

Rates need to be higher and asset prices need to take a hit because things are being driven by debt. Used cars are a bubble. Real estate is now bubbly for sure. When the secondary market for a product is outrunning the primary market you’re in a bubble. Helicopter money has ran out and people are charging cards. There isn’t much air left to pump in.

So rate increases immediately following a taper and coinciding with a Fed asset runoff? People better get worried about a major policy error. That’s if you believe it to be an error. I don’t.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No matter what happens, you will be the last to know.  Bernanke ramped up rates from 1% to 5.25% from about 2004 to 2007.  That's what kicked off the Great Recession.  

There are ways around the mathematical inability to continue servicing the debt.  We could sell Alaska or just the tip of Florida to the Chinese.  Hawaii or Puerto Rico will be spared because they are full of good liberal sheep.  Or we could just start selling a lot of other federal assets like national parks and forests.  Maybe enslave unvaccinated people and send them to work in Chinese mines and factories.
View Quote

Was just thinking about that Trump show "what's America worth" that was on 10 years ago or so
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Crypto digital currency has finite supply in common with precious metals, but unlike precious metals, it does not actually exist except as an idea. Like, you can turn it off and it vanishes in the mist, because it only ever was a computer data string. Like just having the idea of the number 3, instead of having three pieces of an actual amount of a real thing.
View Quote

Lol you cannot just "turn off" bitcoin
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure you can, they do it in China.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The entire fiat currency system is based on an expanding currency supply until it doesn't work; at which point it collapses.  We're near that point now and if you know fiat currency history, you would know that fiat currencies historically lasts only 40-50 years.  We're past the 50 year mark and that's a pretty good run; but when it's over, it's over.
View Quote

There's no requirement for a fiat currency to experience inflation and there have been proposals for full reserve banking going back to the Chicago Plan in the 1930s...
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The market has already priced it in

Get with the program
View Quote

Yep. It’s why growth stocks have been in the shitter this year compared to value.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Klaus is missing the white fluffy cat on his lap in that picture.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I feel like they're backed into a corner.

On one hand, the free money has made everyone rich, and too much money chasing too few goods.

But if they raise rates, everyone is taking a 10-30% haircut in their assets whether it be homes or stocks.

Do you actually think they'll start in March, or keep dragging this along, and say they're serious, and it's going to come.
View Quote

Look at the numbers.  
Example: Home prices are up ~18% in the past year.  How will a 0.25% bump in interest rates going to impact that?  A couple of those won't have a significant impact.  

Get ready for inflation.  8-10% per year (maybe more) will be the new normal.  Americans won't panic - they'll accept it.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#19]
They should it will help the currency.

They should raise the rates.

Everyone is so used to clown world they are at a point where they think everything other than clown world is clown world. Where it’s not. Bonds shouldn’t be a joke. The currency should be protected. Wall Street isn’t 10x more important than Main Street.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, even if they raised rates a full 1%, it would still take a while for the cost of things to catch up, or cool off rather.

That's why I think Vista Outdoors announced a recent price increase. We don't expect them to stop making ammunition, but they need to pass on the price increases this spring just in case they're caught holding the bag on more expensive components that they had to pay for.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Interest rates are going up no matter what the FED does. Look at the 10 year bond price over the last 2 weeks, it's gone up dramatically.
Nobody is going to buy bonds at a rate that far below inflation, it makes no sense.
The FED has 2 choices, raise rates and slow down the economy or continue current policies and hope the dollar doesn't tank.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Interest rates are going up no matter what the FED does. Look at the 10 year bond price over the last 2 weeks, it's gone up dramatically.
Nobody is going to buy bonds at a rate that far below inflation, it makes no sense.
The FED has 2 choices, raise rates and slow down the economy or continue current policies and hope the dollar doesn't tank.

the fed has those two options for now if inflation doesn't slow dramatically they only have one bullet left and its cranking up rates. the middle class simply doesn't have enough wiggle room for another year or two of 10-20% real inflation and they know it.

Quoted:

Keep your assets diverse and keep building them. That’s all you can do.

and this. keeping money in or near cash is a loser in this game.

Quoted:

lol where do you guys dream this stuff up? there is no "off" button to crypto, just like there is no off button to the internet or power grid. it would take turning off every power grid on the entire planet, and i promise if that happens the first worlds has much bigger issues than their bank account balances at hand.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#22]
They try to hide tax increases. They slip them in bills all the time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cutting the power to your house does not mean electricity somehow stop being a thing for other building. just like blocking access from one computer to google.com in no way means google.com ceases to exist

some of you almost unbelievably ignorant.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No matter what happens, you will be the last to know.  Bernanke ramped up rates from 1% to 5.25% from about 2004 to 2007.  That's what kicked off the Great Recession.  
View Quote

Well, that’s what kicked off what kicked off the Great Recession.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Rock and hard place. Their sudden change in plans indicate they are panicking. Never listen to what they say only what they do.

The fed is going to raise rates and they are hoping it only takes 1% to calm down inflation. There are really two conclusions from that, either the economy is so fragile it can't handle 1% or 1% isnt going to do shit to slow inflation. They are trying to talk the economy out of inflation or bluff it out.

Valuations of everything is stupid. That never continues. This is not a short term cycle now, this cycle started in the 90s, its part of a super cycle that had a lot of positives. But that's done.

Get out of your my model says buy the dip paradigm. The next economic turn is going to test your timeframe to stay solevent.

Get diversified and use high volatility hedges to inflation while keeping opportunity optionality aka cash for deflation in assets. As I said though ensure you can handle a 10 to 20 year lack of return.

Get out of thr crack pipe investments while you can.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The instant a sufficient amount of controlling interests are in accord, crypto is dead. Instantly worthless and non-negotiable.
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

the fed has those two options for now if inflation doesn't slow dramatically they only have one bullet left and its cranking up rates. the middle class simply doesn't have enough wiggle room for another year or two of 10-20% real inflation and they know it.

and this. keeping money in or near cash is a loser in this game.

lol where do you guys dream this stuff up? there is no "off" button to crypto, just like there is no off button to the internet or power grid. it would take turning off every power grid on the entire planet, and i promise if that happens the first worlds has much bigger issues than their bank account balances at hand.
View Quote

Yes 100% with you on the problem they face and the rd of ammo we see them loading in the gun. BUT my hunch is there's some more rds in the mag we don't see. Like price and wage controls. New laws on hording and new taxes. There's all kinds of tricks they can play. BUT those tricks normally only make the problem worse, so I am hopping they don't try to go down that rd. But I think they might.

On money being in cash. It is driving me NUTS, I just moved a bunch of money out of the market about a week ago. I KNOW that money is going to take a 7-16% in a years time due to inflation. It makes me sick to my stomach and I am looking for a "safe" place to part it. That's why I spent a ton of time digging into crypto and looking at "stable coins" and I REALLY didn't like what I found. I don't want to be in the market for the change from the fed buying to the fed selling at the same time they do a rate hike. I think Q1 or Q2 we are going to see a big drop, and I would rather sit on the side for that. I think SOME of it is already priced in, but no way all of it is. My hunch is we will have a repeat of 08.

On the coins. I don't think it will be turned "off" I think it will be a rush for the exits and everyone trying to get out at the same time, lack of buyers, system can't handle the volume, things locking up, like lock limit moves down to 0. I don't even think there are "limits" on crypto. There's a reason there is limits in the futures and stock market. If it drops hard and fast, it's going to be a blood bath. And I would rather not be in that mess.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It has nothing to do with your money, you lowly peon. It's that if they raise the rate, they can't really service the debt, and then it's off to the races we go.
View Quote

Biden will use his pen to forgive the National debt.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd argue the cocaine fueled party brought it on not the rehab, that was just the shitty part.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Biden will use his pen to forgive the National debt.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This. The fed must raise rates. Inflation is way too fucking hot. Remember their goal is to manage inflation.
View Quote

OK, I concede I'm wrong.  .25% raise then.  Then they'll offset it with more brrrrrrrrrr!

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

OK, I concede I'm wrong.  .25% raise then.  Then they'll offset it with more brrrrrrrrrr!

View Quote

That's the thing. They are saying they are going to turn OFF the brrrrrr it's on a dial, and they are slowly turning it down right now (aka taper).  As soon at it's OFF, they say they are going to raise int rates, now they are also talking about selling what they have bought (that is a effort to hit the delete button and start erasing some of the brrrrrr from the system). Them doing all those things at the same time. That's panic mode, no way that's priced in. That's a total 180 from what they have been doing.

NOW the question is, are they really going to DO what they are saying? Or is it all a bluff? lol now a bluff, that is what I think the market has priced in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Young people starting out can't afford housing.
View Quote

Yup. Would really like to buy my first primary residence for my family but every single boomer and Blackrock is buying up anything that goes on the market, likely as an "investment" property. Usually within one day of it going on market. Usually 20k over list price.

Look, I get it. It's a logical response to the environment the fed has created. But it's damn frustrating when the cash I'm keeping on hand for a down payment is getting burned by inflation and anything remotely suitable is snapped up in a 5 person bidding war. I lay the blame solely at the institutions that govern this country.

Where can I put cash if I can't put it into a primary residence? I've already hedged with (non ponzi) crypto. Stocks...I'm leery of because of inflated valuations. Gold...a little but I can do more, but seems manipulated. Bonds are a joke.

Seriously. What do?

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I listen to a lot of investing and finance podcasts.  Some of "the experts" on those podcasts believe rates need to rise but the Fed likely will not do anywhere near as much as they say they'll do.  My understanding is that the US Dollar is still significantly stronger relative to other currencies.  Yes, our currency is inflating and getting shitty, but others are still much shittier.

Sounds about right.  The Fed wil probably talk about it but just keep pushing it off.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's the thing. They are saying they are going to turn OFF the brrrrrr it's on a dial, and they are slowly turning it down right now (aka taper).  As soon at it's OFF, they say they are going to raise int rates, now they are also talking about selling what they have bought (that is a effort to hit the delete button and start erasing some of the brrrrrr from the system). Them doing all those things at the same time. That's panic mode, no way that's priced in. That's a total 180 from what they have been doing.

NOW the question is, are they really going to DO what they are saying? Or is it all a bluff? lol now a bluff, that is what I think the market has priced in.
View Quote

It's been posted earlier. They painted themselves in a corner.

End the Fed and end the manipulation.  No more central banking.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yup. Would really like to buy my first primary residence for my family but every single boomer and Blackrock is buying up anything that goes on the market, likely as an "investment" property. Usually within one day of it going on market. Usually 20k over list price.

Look, I get it. It's a logical response to the environment the fed has created. But it's damn frustrating when the cash I'm keeping on hand for a down payment is getting burned by inflation and anything remotely suitable is snapped up in a 5 person bidding war. I lay the blame solely at the institutions that govern this country.

Where can I put cash if I can't put it into a primary residence? I've already hedged with (non ponzi) crypto. Stocks...I'm leery of because of inflated valuations. Gold...a little but I can do more, but seems manipulated. Bonds are a joke.

Seriously. What do?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Young people starting out can't afford housing.

Seriously. What do?

I like I bonds from treasury direct.gov right now paying 7% and you can get 10k per year per family member. Its a good safe place otherwise I'd shift out of unrealistic bullshit. I like some commodity for inflation hedge, consumer staples, telecom, and energy, they will suffer too but not like meme stocks will.

As for buying a home some markets are still semi affordable others I'd just avoid.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's been posted earlier. They painted themselves in a corner.

End the Fed and end the manipulation.  No more central banking.
View Quote

Yep, I even talked about it. Even if they don't raise the rates, the bond market will, they can't stop it. It's already starting to happen AND the fed is buying right now, as they buy less, it's going to rise more naturally. What's going to happen with that as they start to sell? The rate hike is coming no way around it.

But I think the market thinks it's a bluff or only like a .25 and they can take that. My hunch is that's what's "priced in". But I don't really think it's fully set in to everyone yet, and you can't "price in" how people are going to react when they figure it out. My hunch considering the total 180 from the fed. That first hike is going to be bigger to try and get a handle on things.. like .5-1 right out of the gate.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The market has already pretty much factored in the rate increases, 2021 will be volatile, but I believe things will chug along same as they have been. 1.) Election in Nov and 2.) They don't want to crunch the economy.  The best thing that could happen right now is a recession, we need one in fact, it'll suck in the short term, but it will make things better.

2023 is going to suck. It will be a combination of the chickens coming home to roost, Dems trying to make a likely GOP controlled congress look bad (because the DNC is a bunch of petty whiney bitches), and burnout.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We never intended to ever pay any of our debt off, and both sides knew that going in. What we do is basically sign a forever contract to pay interest on the principal ad infinitum and never pay down the balance so much as a smidge. Like if you got a mortgage that the payment was just the interest on the principal forever at an adjustable rate. It's a much lower cash payment, but you never have any equity. If the interest rate goes up, your vig goes up, but regardless, you always owe that principal as a call note.
View Quote

I would just forgive my debt that I borrowed from myself...
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I like I bonds from treasury direct.gov right now paying 7% and you can get 10k per year per family member. Its a good safe place otherwise I'd shift out of unrealistic bullshit. I like some commodity for inflation hedge, consumer staples, telecom, and energy, they will suffer too but not like meme stocks will.

As for buying a home some markets are still semi affordable others I'd just avoid.
View Quote

THANK YOU for that. I didn't even think of that, shows how much I know... I am digging into it a little right now. I may be buying some of those. Near as I can tell. After one year I can cash it out, so not totally trapped. And from year 1-5 I lose 3 months int for early withdraw penalty. But shit those rates (even with a 3 month loss of int) still beat anything else out there right now for a CD like product. BUT the thing is, if there is a big market correction, I would like to be able to move in and snap some things up that are on sale.... and don't want locked in for one year. BUT this is a limited about, and a good way to diversify some cash so probably going to buy some. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Required viewing with actual former Fed insiders explaining the depth of our problems and the history of how we got here:

Documentary ends around 2013 but you can extrapolate how much worse the situation has gotten in the last few years.

Whats funny is Yellen virtue signaling in then end about how we need to "revitalize" our economy and yet she was very much complicit in fueling the bubble.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

^^^^^^^^^Shut down the net and you can’t even use your debit cards for the digital fiat we think we have. Wrap your noodle around that for a minute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bitcoin and other crypto currency is nice for now but could easily be shut down overnight, because it is completely unusable and inaccessible without the internet backbone infrastructure that is controlled by para and quasi governmental and also corporate entities.

Do that and EBT won't work either.  Within 48 hours the cities would be burning, and I don't think our illustrious leaders want to go down that road.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We never intended to ever pay any of our debt off, and both sides knew that going in. What we do is basically sign a forever contract to pay interest on the principal ad infinitum and never pay down the balance so much as a smidge. Like if you got a mortgage that the payment was just the interest on the principal forever at an adjustable rate. It's a much lower cash payment, but you never have any equity. If the interest rate goes up, your vig goes up, but regardless, you always owe that principal as a call note.

That debt is part of your assets and net worth.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I freely admit im not overly smart when it comes to all this shit... but it does not take a genius to recognize everythings totally fucked up, and hard times are coming for the american citizens. REALLY HARD TIMES. Like weimer republic, great depression, zimbabwe , starvation type problems.

The government is being run by corrupt, incompetent idiots and that cockblocks any hope of a easy fix, guarantees we hit the iceberg so to speak as well. We will all go to bed one night and wake up in the soviet union circa 1990 where the gov is flat broke and cant pay fed employees much less ebt, ss, and a hundred other benefits.

Anyone who claims otherwise is clueless or whistling past the graveyard.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. The fed must raise rates. Inflation is way too fucking hot. Remember their goal is to manage inflation.

Why the hell do you think I’ve been screaming buy us stock for years now?  There’s no other place to make money. No other place to beat inflation. All around the world, the demand is for US stock.

The fed must raise rate, it’s only a bank to bank thing, and banks are in the business of making money. As all businesses are.

The secondary aspect is controlling consumer behavior.  This is where inflation comes to play. Covid radically shifted consumer spending and behavior.

You guys can keep ignoring me, tellling me I’m wrong. Yet here we are.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Preacherman!!!  Got a non Facebook link?
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
4 rate hikes in 2022.
They can and will.
How? Who's going to stop them? They are a private company and everyone in Washington is in on the deal.
View Quote

The 12 individual banks are corporations chartered by congress. Member Banks  are the stockholders; but they have no voting rights nor do the receive any of the profits from the bank operations.

The Board of Governors run the Federal Reserve System. There are 7 Governors  who run the Federal Reserve System. All of which are nominated by the President of the United States and confirmed by the United States Senate. Each Governor serves a 14 year term.

Each of the Governors sit on the Federal Reserve Open Market Committee (they set monitory policy) along with the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and 4 Presidents of the remaining 11 regional banks of the Federal Reserve System on a rotating basis.

The reason the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York is a permanent member of the FOMC is it is a give-me hold over from the previous two failed Central Banks which were headquartered in New York. We have the current system because of crony capitalism where New York was only acting when it benefitted New York power brokers.

You should note when the current system came into play development capital was available fir the rest of the country causing expansion in the South and the western United States.  

The 12 individual banks operate independently from each other looking after the interests of their region. They act like the operations end of the post office taking care of the day to day operational elements of the financial system

To say the Fed is a private company is technically correct; but they only do what the Board of Governors tell the what to do and the Banks pay 100% income tax on their profits to the United States Treasury.

The Fed is the model that Federal Government wants the Post Office to become.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I think the fed has 2 choices.
1 - Let the people who’ve doubled their money in the stock market in 12 months keep all their gains.
2 - Allow poor people to be able to afford food and shelter.

IMO, I expect the Fed to care about the poor people, and try to stop inflation.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I freely admit im not overly smart when it comes to all this shit... but it does not take a genius to recognize everythings totally fucked up, and hard times are coming for the american citizens. REALLY HARD TIMES. Like weimer republic, great depression, zimbabwe , starvation type problems. The government is being run by corrupt, incompetent idiots and that cockblocks any hope of a easy fix, guarantees we hit the iceberg so to speak as well. We will all go to bed one night and wake up in the soviet union circa 1990 where the gov is flat broke and cant pay fed employees much less ebt, ss, and a hundred other benefits.

Anyone who claims otherwise is clueless or whistling past the graveyard.
View Quote

Best we can hope for is just fall off the world stage and end up like Great Britain. People are still successful, secure and comfortable there. Just not a world empire anymore.
That being said, the USA adopted them as our little brother and helped took care of them as our best little buds.
When the USA collapses, who will be our big brother? Hopefully we can just take care of ourselves, secure our borders and become isolationists while we recover.
With our politicians in charge and half of America hates it, we'll be sucking chinese cock and they have no intentions of being our big brothers protecting us in mutual interests.
Convenient that the average empire lasts 250 years and average fiat currency lasts about 40-50 years, and we're at the end of both those natural cycles.
It sounds so generic and cliche to say, but Beans, Bullets and Bullion. Assets that you own, and can physically hold in your hand. Live outside of city limits. Do not rely on any pension, government payment or help. If you do currently, wane yourself from that shit so it's not a shock if it happens to go away some day.  
And when it happens, never forget what the Fed helped create, and if we get the opportunity to rebuild, well... remember.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top