BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely amazing.......

Trump tells the ATF to ban bumpstocks (despite approving them twice) and they do as told....

and when the question if the same will happen to braces.......the overwhelming poll response is "sorry Your girl lost"

how about some of you that answeres that way come in and explain yourselves.......or are those just troll answers.....

if Trump got bumpstocks banned.......what's to stop him from having braces looked at again.........just sayin........
View Quote
How does a brace make a semi-auto fire like an auto? Wasn't that the whole crux of the bump stock ban? That it increased the rate of fire to simulate full auto?
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I think we crossed the threshold of easily banning those a while back. Plus the whole SBR thing was added because initially handguns were going to be NFA as well, that never made it into the law.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I swear half of GD has already given up mentally and they just stick around for the abuse. Pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bumpstocks ARE NOT FUCKING MACHINE GUNS either...but yet by ATF decree they are considered machine guns.....

whats to stop the ATF from "TAKING ANOTHER LOOK" at braces and finding them SBRs.....just sayin.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never.

Pistol braces are not machine guns.
Bumpstocks ARE NOT FUCKING MACHINE GUNS either...but yet by ATF decree they are considered machine guns.....

whats to stop the ATF from "TAKING ANOTHER LOOK" at braces and finding them SBRs.....just sayin.....
Absolutely nothing except the vastly greater popularity of braces.  If you don’t think that matters, ask yourself why the gun grabbers switched from handguns to “assault weapons” back in the ‘80s.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It takes another mass shooting.
View Quote
Agreed.  He'll do it as soon as it's made an issue.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How does a brace make a semi-auto fire like an auto? Wasn't that the whole crux of the bump stock ban? That it increased the rate of fire to simulate full auto?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump tells the ATF to ban bumpstocks (despite approving them twice) and they do as told....

and when the question if the same will happen to braces.......the overwhelming poll response is "sorry Your girl lost"

how about some of you that answeres that way come in and explain yourselves.......or are those just troll answers.....

if Trump got bumpstocks banned.......what's to stop him from having braces looked at again.........just sayin........
They can simply say a brace acts as a stock and now you have potentially millions of illegal SBRs with a simple administrative decision, just like the bump stock ban.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Just stop.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No doubt Hilary would have been a much better champion of the 2nd Amendment.  Right?  I mean just look at her record over the years.  And it was her turn.  This whole thing is so unfair.

I'll take Trump all day every day and never tire of the winning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well?
No doubt Hilary would have been a much better champion of the 2nd Amendment.  Right?  I mean just look at her record over the years.  And it was her turn.  This whole thing is so unfair.

I'll take Trump all day every day and never tire of the winning.
May your chains set lightly.

Hopefully you won’t get red flagged.  Then they’ll set a bit heavy.

That is if you even own a gun at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They can simply say a brace acts as a stock and now you have potentially millions of illegal SBRs with a simple administrative decision, just like the bump stock ban.
View Quote
at that point if you are going to become a felon whats stopping people from ditching the brace and using an actual stock.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
at that point if you are going to become a felon whats stopping people from ditching the brace and using an actual stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing more than was stopping people from assembling illegal SBRs before braces existed. The problem is that now there will be millions of people out there with products they bought that were in compliance with the law at the time being made into felons overnight that never had intent to break the law.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nothing more than was stopping people from assembling illegal SBRs before braces existed. The problem is that now there will be millions of people out there with products they bought that were in compliance with the law at the time being made into felons overnight that never had intent to break the law.
View Quote
Years spent carefully trying to comply.  Then in one day she's illegal and I'm a felon...
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Comey wants to ban all ARs.

And you want him for president.

so GFY
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah right.   Keep dreaming.

EVERYONE in the world saw and heard how a bumpstock made a standard rifle sound and shoot like a machine gun.  Even those unfamiliar with guns think they know what a machine gun looks and sounds like — they don’t have to have it explained to them.  And they thought it was horrible.

Compare that with:
NO one, repeat NO ONE who is not really into firearms has any idea what an “SBR” is, or why having one would be any more dangerous that a “normal” rifle.   Even if you tell them the difference, they’d still be like “ok...so what?”

See the difference?

Everyone here on AR15 can talk about the slippery slope of banning and we’ll agree.

But to say the public will have the same reaction to a brace-equipped murder weapon as they do to a bumpstock-equipped one is simply irrational.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'll be on the radar after a pistol with a brace is used as an SBR in a school/mosque/sporting event shooting.
Yeah right.   Keep dreaming.

EVERYONE in the world saw and heard how a bumpstock made a standard rifle sound and shoot like a machine gun.  Even those unfamiliar with guns think they know what a machine gun looks and sounds like — they don’t have to have it explained to them.  And they thought it was horrible.

Compare that with:
NO one, repeat NO ONE who is not really into firearms has any idea what an “SBR” is, or why having one would be any more dangerous that a “normal” rifle.   Even if you tell them the difference, they’d still be like “ok...so what?”

See the difference?

Everyone here on AR15 can talk about the slippery slope of banning and we’ll agree.

But to say the public will have the same reaction to a brace-equipped murder weapon as they do to a bumpstock-equipped one is simply irrational.
"A loophole in the law allows people to turn a large, high-powered, assault rifle, such as the type used by the military on the field of battle, into a small, high-powered, assault pistol, which can easily be concealed beneath a jacket or in a backpack and snuck into a classroom or office in order to facilitate murdering large numbers of innocent civilians. Due to this loophole, anybody can assemble one of these concealable assault pistols with parts acquired over the internet. We must close this loophole. Redefining these "pistol braces" as stocks will rectify another error made by the Obama era BATFE, much like their allowing the bumpstocks which aided the Las Vegas gunman to kill dozens of people. We must, for the safety of our children, close this loophole and outlaw pistol braces. By classifying these "braces" as stocks, the assembly of one of these assault pistols will not be possible without the government being aware of who is doing so and having the ability to stop them before they build such a heinous weapon."

Add some photos scavenged from ARFCOM of braced pistols such as mine in my Elite Survival Systems Stealth Covert Operations backpack, and you've got a great press release aimed at turning Mr. and Mrs. MiddleAmericanParent against something about which they'd previously been unaware. Add in the multiple iterations of BATFE letters n the subject, where they can be pointed to as having wavered under pressure from the NRA, and it's not much of a stretch to see a ban on braces in the future.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Years spent carefully trying to comply.  Then in one day she's illegal and I'm a felon...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPq8OyPZxng
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny that you post this video. I don't support the ban but how any of you think that bump stocks would not be banned is beyond me. Wasn't one of the differences stated that you needed 2 hands to fire a bump stock? And here is video of someone using one hand and a tripod showing for all intents and purposes aimed full-auto fire. The antis could have used such a video as this one to sway any wishy-washy person on guns to want to ban bump stocks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Bump stocks were dead the minute Vegas shooting happened.

So for all the butt hurt at Trump's betrayal and the fudds at the NRA fucking you, how would you have preferred it?

Acknowledge the reality that Bump stocks were getting banned.  Because that is the reality.  They were dead.

So lets blame a game for the Molon Labe crew.

How would you have worded legislation (which was the only other alternative) that would have banned bump stocks and NOTHING else.

I'll wait.

The outraged basement dweller community needs to fucking get out sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He had that for 2 fucking years
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You do realize he needs a willing and able congress to get most of that shit done, right?  He's and executive, not a legislator.
We're you born a year ago or just plain retarded?

Serious question.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a confession to make: I don't have one of those either for the same reason that I don't have a Bump Stock.  I don't like them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
No.... no he didn't.  The Republican Establishment hates him almost as much as the Dems.  They are all hot air and did not fall in behind Trump from the very beginning.  When it was time for the rubber to hit the road, they parked and walked home.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I have no doubt, that if by chance the courts rule that DOJ exceeded their authority in this bumpstock rule making debacle, there will be the fastest legislative correction in US history. I am more concerned that the legislative correction will encompass more than bumpstocks.

Bottom line -  I think we are in for a shit sandwich either way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's funny that you post this video. I don't support the ban but how any of you think that bump stocks would not be banned is beyond me. Wasn't one of the differences stated that you needed 2 hands to fire a bump stock? And here is video of someone using one hand and a tripod showing for all intents and purposes aimed full-auto fire. The antis could have used such a video as this one to sway any wishy-washy person on guns to want to ban bump stocks.
View Quote
That is using two hands.  It wouldn't work if I just pulled the trigger one handed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's funny that you post this video. I don't support the ban but how any of you think that bump stocks would not be banned is beyond me. Wasn't one of the differences stated that you needed 2 hands to fire a bump stock? And here is video of someone using one hand and a tripod showing for all intents and purposes aimed full-auto fire. The antis could have used such a video as this one to sway anyone wishy-washy person on guns to want to ban bump stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny that you post this video. I don't support the ban but how any of you think that bump stocks would not be banned is beyond me. Wasn't one of the differences stated that you needed 2 hands to fire a bump stock? And here is video of someone using one hand and a tripod showing for all intents and purposes aimed full-auto fire. The antis could have used such a video as this one to sway anyone wishy-washy person on guns to want to ban bump stocks.
A couple things:

bi = two
tri = three

He's using a bipod. But, that is irrelevant, because, as you can see in the video, he is using his second hand to hold the bumpstock. Regardless, his trigger is functioning one time for each round being fired. That is how a machine gun is defined, not how many hands are used to hold it. If you want to be pedantic about legal definitions regarding hands used with firearms, I suggest you look at the definitions of handguns. The regulations state they are designed to be held and fired with one hand. If you put a second hand on your handgun, you have gone against the legal definition.

18 USC 921

"(29)  The term “handgun” means—
(A)   a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand;
and

(B)   any combination of parts from which a firearm described in subparagraph (A) can be assembled."
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#22]
If all that matters to you in life is bump stocks and pistol braces then your life is perfect.

I'm worried about all of us keeping our guns, red flag laws, confiscation and preserving the constitution and keeping the 2A intact.

I'm worried about a hardline communist winning the election in 2020.

I'm worried about open borders, taxes, the economy and heath insurance too.

Sure, Democrats may allow you to keep that brace, but you'll surrender that pistol it goes on if they win.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

May your chains set lightly.

Hopefully you won't get red flagged.  Then they'll set a bit heavy.

That is if you even own a gun at all.
View Quote
I don't know where you've been for that last 10 years but we were lucky to get Trump. Yes, the bump stock move was a bad one on a number of levels. But no one else would have won that election... No one. If not for Trump being in the White House now instead of Hillary we'd probably already be registering or turning in something more significant than a "toy."

If any one of the current crowd of Democrats wins the White House and gets a sympathetic Congress you will lose significant firearms rights. It's coming faster than you think. Braces will be the least of your concerns. Prepare accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I never owned one, it's sad to see them get ruled into oblivion because of feels and executive fiat. What comes next is going to be far worse and the precedent is set.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

While I never owned one, it's sad to see them get ruled into oblivion because of feels and executive fiat. What comes next is going to be far worse and the precedent is set.
View Quote
Certainly true if your boy Comey is President.

"Surely there are things we can agree upon that relate to who’s able to buy a weapon, what kind of weapon and at what age, what the capabilities of the weapon are, how many rounds does it hold, and things like that, that in no way threaten the rights under the US constitution of people to keep and bear arms. One of the worst things that goes on in the US is the current voice of the National Rifle Association, because it sells fear in the wake of any incident."

Mr Comey spoke of how he worked with the Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence on engaging with the NRA to improve drugs laws during the early part of his career as a prosecutor.

He added: “More and more gun owners in the US are thinking: ‘Wait a minute, we can do something to keep children safer, we can keep the guns out of the hands of dangerous or disturbed people or juveniles in a much more effective way.’ “We restrict the ability to buy silencers in the US, we restrict the ability to buy fully automatic weapons – the world has not ended as a result of that.” Mr Comey said as a gun owner himself he was not arguing for an outright ban, simply stricter gun controls. “I’m comfortable around guns. I own guns. And yet I, like I hope all thoughtful gun owners, recognise that on the one hand it’s a right guaranteed in the US constitution, but like all rights in the constitution it’s appropriately subject to reasonable regulation and restriction.”

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/world/james-comey-national-rifle-association-nra-gun-control/

Yeah.  You really care about the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ban supporters contend that the bumpstock subverts the intention of the NFA by simulating automatic fire and should therefore be regulated or illegal. Using that argument the pistol brace very clearly intentionally sidesteps the NFA for SBRs.

FWIW I don't own a single bumpstock or brace but that's not the point. The NFA needs to go away anyway, it's absurd that I have to ask permission to make my AR 1/4" shorter than my overlords deem short enough.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't like that I'm agreeing with you here, but I am. Potentially, that's the easiest path to redefine what a stock is and then braces are no-go.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Brother, I hear you on that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Full auto should be completely legal for civilians with zero regulations.

STFU
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#30]
how long before GD is 24/7total gun  ban defeatist topic threads

1. tomorrow
2. it already is
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#31]
"Take the guns first," Trump and Democrats will go after magazine capacity and pistol grips before he goes after braces...

Next mass shooting...
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will just say "braces are a workaround the SBR laws" and attack them that way.......and most the public will support a ban..
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
how long before GD is 24/7total gun  ban defeatist topic threads

1. tomorrow
2. it already is
View Quote
The Russian Collusion thing fell apart so fuck_tards have to find something new.

We must defeat Trump so the true 2A defenders like Jeb and kamala can save us!
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think we should run Trump out of office.  How could it possibly be any worse?
View Quote
Excellent points...

Trump just gave illegals long-term amnesty protections to get 26 miles of, "bollard fencing."

The numbers are not there. Conservatives are not re-producing fast enough to compete with illegals.

It *cannot* possibly get any worse...

Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Bump stocks and pistol braces are silly gimmicky toys.
View Quote
WRONG (partly)

Bumpstocks are gay. They should not be banned though.

However, as long as the NFA exists, pistol braces are far from "gimmicky". At their current level of refinement, braces are quite useful as stocks.  Having a "pistol" that is for all intents and purposes, a short barrel rifle, without going through the (unconstitutional) hassle of making an SBR, is a huge deal to many who want the benefits of a barrel shorter than 16" without all the NFA bullshit. It would suck big time if that all went away.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I believe the people should have the right to bear arms, but I don’t believe that we have to have assault weapons as part of our personal arsenal,
View Quote
-Mitt Romney, signer of a permanent Assault Weapon Ban.
Orange Man Bad.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

STFU
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

STFU
Hmm, No I think I'll continue to post.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

WRONG (partly)

Bumpstocks are gay.

However, as long as the NFA exists, pistol braces are far from "gimmicky". At their current level of refinement, braces are quite useful as stocks.  Having a "pistol" that is for all intents and purposes, a short barrel rifle, without going through the (unconstitutional) hassle of making an SBR, is a huge deal to many who want the benefits of a barrel shorter than 16" without all the NFA bullshit. It would suck big time if that all went away.
View Quote
@hhsmiley - this is gay?
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

-Mitt Romney, signer of a permanent Assault Weapon Ban.
Orange Man Bad.
View Quote
Keep your eye on these anti-gun, "take the guns first," Trump followers.

They will come up with any reason and excuse to defend Trumps "take the guns first," platform shift.

Blame Romney? Check.

Blame the NRA? Check.

Whos next? Flake, McCain?

Trump put his hand on the Bible. Swore an oath to defend the 2nd Amendment. His criminalization of gun parts is criminal and a violation of his oath of office...

These anti-gun, "take the guns first," Trump puppets will excuse Trumps criminal behavior on gun rights with *any* excuse...

Here is their checklist... Blame the NRA, blame Romney, blame Flake, blame, blame blame.

Trumps hand was on the Bible, not Romneys. Not the NRAs...
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A couple things:

bi = two
tri = three

He's using a bipod. But, that is irrelevant, because, as you can see in the video, he is using his second hand to hold the bumpstock. Regardless, his trigger is functioning one time for each round being fired. That is how a machine gun is defined, not how many hands are used to hold it. If you want to be pedantic about legal definitions regarding hands used with firearms, I suggest you look at the definitions of handguns. The regulations state they are designed to be held and fired with one hand. If you put a second hand on your handgun, you have gone against the legal definition.

18 USC 921

(A)   a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand;
and

(B)   any combination of parts from which a firearm described in subparagraph (A) can be assembled."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple things:

bi = two
tri = three

18 USC 921

and

Yea I fucked up and used "tri" instead of "bi", whoops. I've already said that I didn't support the ban. All I said was that anyone who is not a strong supporter of gun rights would watch a video like the one posted and would support them being banned. Your average person on the street has no idea the difference between semi and full auto.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#41]
The, "take the guns first," Trump followers/puppets use the NRA to blame for Trumps criminal actions against gun rights...

Here are times the NRA had to fight-back against gun-banner Trump:

The truth is that Trump has kept gun owners and the NRA plenty busy...

The presumptive Republican nominee shifted his rhetoric on Monday, after the gun lobby’s officials blasted his remarks.
View Quote
Link

President Trump's gun control policies clash with NRA, GOP President Trump's gun control policies clash with NRA, GOP
View Quote
Link

Conceding to N.R.A., Trump Abandons Brief Gun Control Promise
View Quote
Link

Trump: Some lawmakers are 'so scared' of the NRA
View Quote
Link

It is fiction to say that, "take the guns first," Trump is an ally of gun owners and the NRA. The NRA might have given Trump cover-fire, but Trump is no ally.
View Quote
Link

The other tactic used by the anti-gun, "take the guns first," Trump followers/puppets is to blame Romney. Or use Romney as cover-fire for trumps criminal actions on gun rights.

The truth is that Romney *expanded* gun rights. In 1998 Massachusetts passed a permanent, comprehensive, non-expiring Assault Weapons Ban. In addition to the horrific bans on magazine capacity, adjustable stocks, and flash hiders, it also criminalized gun ownership for life over misdemeanors, and made the conceal carry permits too big go conceal, among other things. Romneys 2004 law  increased gun rights. (that Trumps anti-gun, "take the guns first," followers attribute to an, "Assault Weapons Ban," to give cover fire for Trumps moves against  gun owners).

Here is a link to the non-expiring 1998 MA AWB... Try to find an expiration date... Link

Here are two separate links outlining Romneys expansion of gun rights in MA...

NRA: Link

GOAL: Link
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@hhsmiley - this is gay?
View Quote
Not GAY, gay but dumb gay, yeah. (IMO, YMMV, etc...)

Hey, gay can be fun though. I don't doubt it's that. Useful in any way? Not as much, but it's a big world and plenty of room for all!

Just trying to contrast the usefulness of braces with the not-nearly-as-useful-ness of bumpstocks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
FuLl Auot-LiKe Fyre DoES not Belung iN the Hands of Comon Citizens

87D cheSs

it's kind of sad to see how people don't see incrementalism for what it is
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Russian Collusion thing fell apart so fuck_tards have to find something new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Trump didn't collude with Russia. That means his, "bollard fence," is now a wall, Hillary is in jail, the deficit suddenly shrunk, and Trump stopped attacking gun rights?

Lol, rofl.

Collusion was crack cocaine for idiots and morons. Like Obamas birth certificate was to Trump. Nothing but hot air. But Trump not colluding with Russia is a horrible standard for his followers.

Trump criminalized gun parts possession. "Yeah, but he didn't collude with Russia, that makes  everything ok."

Quoted:
We must defeat Trump so the true 2A defenders like Jeb and kamala can save us!
This is an interesting statement coming from a die-hard, "take the guns first," Trump follower.

!Jeb! actually (unlike Trump) increased gun rights as Governor of Florida. !Jeb! signed the first in the nation stand-your-ground laws. Back when Trump was a Hillary-supporting Democrat.

And Trump funded and supported Kamala Harris...

The truth is stranger than the fiction Trumps, "take the guns first," followers post...
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, they're not.

I now have a 10.5 inch upper so I can run my can without having a huge blunderbuss.

The stock feels like a normal stock.

Eliminate the nfa and I'm with you, but till that's going, pistol brace is awesome
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not GAY, gay but dumb gay, yeah. (IMO, YMMV, etc...)

Hey, gay can be fun though. I don't doubt it's that. Useful in any way? Not as much, but it's a big world and plenty of room for all!

Just trying to contrast the usefulness of braces with the not-nearly-as-useful-ness of bumpstocks.
View Quote
Four rounds on target before the sound from the first impact reaches back to you seems pretty useful to me...

Granted, I would prefer to have a real machinegun, but I also prefer stocks to braces.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You do realize he needs a willing and able congress to get most of that shit done, right?  He's and executive, not a legislator.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Most of the people in GD would fail a test on how our government is set up to work. The branches of government and what they do, that sort of stuff, is lost on most here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Never.

Pistol braces are not machine guns.
View Quote
Nor are bumpstocks, herpderp.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
SBR's are toys?
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have no doubt, that if by chance the courts rule that DOJ exceeded their authority in this bumpstock rule making debacle, there will be the fastest legislative correction in US history. I am more concerned that the legislative correction will encompass more than bumpstocks.

Bottom line -  I think we are in for a shit sandwich either way.
View Quote
I hope it does.  All those here decrying they are stupid and are good with a ban “because I don’t like them” will be super happy when something they own is banned.

Then there was no one left to speak for me.

But in reality they probably won’t.  Because this place is full of more FUDDs than the local VFW.  I’d be surprised if Ar15 ownership exceeded 50% of members.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top