Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

there would have been ZERO fight.  No one was fighting this.  Not Ted Cruz.  No one.  And what would have come out would have been worse in all likelihood.

Y'all live in a fantasy land.
View Quote
We live in a fantasy land?  Yet you are acting like you have a crystal ball and can tell us with absolute certainty what would have happened in the future?

What in the actual fuck.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So, what happens next time, when someone live streams 50 to 100 people killed in a school?  Or causes similar casualty numbers with aimed semi auto fire?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

there would have been ZERO fight.  No one was fighting this.  Not Ted Cruz.  No one.  And what would have come out would have been worse in all likelihood.

So, what happens next time, when someone live streams 50 to 100 people killed in a school?  Or causes similar casualty numbers with aimed semi auto fire?
Trump will ban more shit and his grovelers will continue to carry water for him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nothing.

Same thing what happened after Sandy Hook and what happened in Miami (where there was video).  San Bernadino.

It was the replication of full auto that made it unique.

I am frankly shocked no one can see the difference.  Which is why the doomsdayers are hard to take seriously.

If you can't see that, you are missing a lot more.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Trump will ban more shit and his grovelers will continue to carry water for him.
View Quote
says the guy who wants Hillary to be president.

lol
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We live in a fantasy land?  Yet you are acting like you have a crystal ball and can tell us with absolute certainty what would have happened in the future?

What in the actual fuck.
View Quote
absolute certainty?  No, reality of what the situation was in Vegas.

How quickly y'all forget.

Shit like this is why GOA is a joke.  And while the Pratt Vacation fund makes us feel good, it doesn't actually do anything.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

absolute certainty?  No, reality of what the situation was in Vegas.
View Quote
What?
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What?
View Quote
It is as clear as I can make it.

Bumpstocks were getting banned.  The only question was how.

Look at this retarded thread.  What do you want to bet trump doesn't ban pistol braces?

fucking morons can't even link the Vegas shootings to bumpstocks.  They think it was just some random fuckery because trump is a russian spy and the NRA want to ban all guns for more fundraising.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Look at this retarded thread.  What do you want to bet trump doesn't ban pistol braces?

fucking morons can't even link the Vegas shootings to bumpstocks.  They think it was just some random fuckery because trump is a russian spy and the NRA want to ban all guns for more fundraising.
View Quote
You are rambling.  Let's try to take this one question at a time.

Is gun control a winning or losing issue for democrats?
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You are rambling.  Let's try to take this one question at a time.

Is gun control a winning or losing issue for democrats?
View Quote
For 90% of incumbent democrats in congress its winning.

But your question is irrelevant to the discussion.

The relevant question is, "Is banning machine guns a winning or losing position for democrats and republicans 1 week after what 99% of america thinks was a machine gun just shot 200 people"

Again.  You can't fathom the unique nature of the Vegas shootings.  So why listen.  See also:  GOA.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Each attack that happens, the weapon will include at least one thing they are trying to ban.

I wonder if the Vegas asshole actually used a LL or SL, (or some other illegal way to go FA) but they (the .gov) didn't want people knowing, so they just said it was bump stocks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Each attack that happens, the weapon will include at least one thing they are trying to ban.

I wonder if the Vegas asshole actually used a LL or SL, (or some other illegal way to go FA) but they (the .gov) didn't want people knowing, so they just said it was bump stocks.
View Quote
I doubt it.  His shot timing varied quite a bit.  Real machineguns tend to be steadier in pace, ramping a bit as a belt shortens and slightly from heat.  Whereas his fire jumped in staccato and ramped as the magazine emptied - an effect you see from large magazines decreasing in weight and changing the speed of the bump.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

Donald Trump didn't have the same certainty as you did that Congress was going to ban bumpstocks, hence his willingness to go outside Constitutional methods to do it by executive fiat-after calling out Obama's ruling with a pen and a phone during his campaign.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Donald Trump didn't have the same certainty as you did that Congress was going to ban bumpstocks, hence his willingness to go outside Constitutional methods to do it by executive fiat-after calling out Obama's ruling with a pen and a phone during his campaign.
View Quote
wrong.  He had absolute certainty Congress was going to shove some legislation down his throat.  So did the NRA.  Which is why he went the admin ruling route.  Which pissed the dems off huge because they thought they were going to get republicans to sign gun control along with trump so the fucktards would scream "from my cold dead hands" and not vote.

So predictable.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
wrong.  He had absolute certainty Congress was going to shove some legislation down his throat.  So did the NRA.  Which is why he went the admin ruling route.  Which pissed the dems off huge because they thought they were going to get republicans to sign gun control along with trump so the fucktards would scream "from my cold dead hands" and not vote.

So predictable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So predictable.
So, he's justified in being a hypocrite because had he not been, Congress would have done it's job?
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So, he's justified in being a hypocrite because had he not been, Congress would have done it's job?
View Quote
Now your question becomes, "What would Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel have agreed to with Nancy et al?"

pick your poison.  Make sure you pick carefully.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
That’s news to me. Do you always make shit up? IIRC you were the guy who accused me of not being a member of this site. . Mixing too many meds?

We do have a male version of Hillary in office
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That’s news to me. Do you always make shit up? IIRC you were the guy who accused me of not being a member of this site. . Mixing too many meds?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

It's ironic that Sylvan, a man known to be critical of nearly everybody above him in the military hierarchy, equates criticism of Donald Trump with voting Democrat or treason (though, I am being a bit redundant). The truth is, you can be critical of the President while being glad there is nobody else sitting in the Oval Office. It's not as if a vote for Trump comes at the price of having to sign a contract not to disagree with anything the man does. In fact, I think it's important to not only be critical of our opponents, but also of the people we put into office.

I cast a vote for Donald Trump in 2016 and am happy with most of his policies and decisions. I just wish he'd stay off Twitter sometimes and that he wouldn't rule with a pen and a phone, especially since that's one of the things for which he criticized the former occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually they didn’t.  No police agency ever examined the guns.  Nolo has the proof via FOIA paperwork from the .gov themselves.  It’s actually part of the lawsuits.

A couple of photos with some rifles laying around that looked like a bumpstock on one of them and the video of the rapid fire with a metric fuck load of media speculation.

There was no examination done on the weapons to see if bumpfire was used, a LL, DIAS, trigger crank, or proper drill the 3rd hole illegal machine gun.

Everyone says he used a bumpstock.  They’ve said it since less than 48 hours after the shooting.  Where’s the proof?

The national news media told us Trump colluded with Russia for 2+ years straight.  How true is that?  Why would we believe them about the Vegas shooting?

@Sylvan
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Las Vegas Shooting: Cellphone videos captures panic as shots ring out at Vegas music festival

I'm willing to entertain different theories.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He recognizes he doesn't know shit about guns. The NRA should know something about guns, after all they are the NRA. So he looks to them for guidance - just what an executive at any company would do. He got bad advice.

it really is that simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please...

Mr 87 Dimensional Chess, who sits in the most powerful chair in the world,  was strong armed by Wayne LaPeepee at the NRA?

I've read that same angle on GD three times today. Sounds like a damage control talking point.
He recognizes he doesn't know shit about guns. The NRA should know something about guns, after all they are the NRA. So he looks to them for guidance - just what an executive at any company would do. He got bad advice.

it really is that simple.
Why didn’t his Don Jr-led 2nd Amendment task force handle it?
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if we had lost bump stocks, IMO it would have been better to lose them after a fight in Congress w/ a law passed than the abomination that we got w/ the ATF.   At least there we'd have people who voted for it or against it that we could hold to account for their votes.    Instead we got a crappy decision that's going to bite us on the ass for years.

The President does not have to sign such orders or laws.

Nor does he need to advocate them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Of course not.

but when 200 people get shot on livestream, he will.

this is the reality.

Now show me your presidential choice and their position on bump stocks.

You were convinced he was going to appoint his sister to SCOTUS during the campaign.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Of course not.

this is the reality.

You were convinced he was going to appoint his sister to SCOTUS during the campaign.
View Quote
Then he should have let it be done that way. At least then he wouldn't be a hypocrite and he would have followed the Constitution.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Then he should have let it be done that way. At least then he wouldn't be a hypocrite and he would have followed the Constitution.
View Quote
Glad to see the trust you have in congress to have a neat, discrete and totally not doubled edged ban.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So both Trump and the NRA deserve blame and criticism...  but I know that is hard for some to understand.....
View Quote
Trump put his hand on the Bible.

Swore an oath before God to protect and preserve The Constitution.

Trump broke that oath. He broke the law with his criminalization of gun parts with his illegal, "bumpstock ban."

May Godspeed to those fighting Trump and his illegal ban... Good luck. Fight hard.

It was Trumps hand swearing an oath on the Bible...
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Trump broke that oath. He broke the law with his criminalization of gun parts with his illegal, "bumpstock ban."

May Godspeed to those fighting Trump and his illegal ban... Good luck. Fight hard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So both Trump and the NRA deserve blame and criticism...  but I know that is hard for some to understand.....

Wow....what....a....shock....YOU make an entrance....and REFUSE hold ALL those responsible to account for their actions.....

At least I'm honest enough to blame ALL parties for this.....
Fucki all the traitorous cocksucking pieces of shit involved
Fuck the NRA for wanting additional restrictions on bumpstocks
Fuck Trump for ordering the ATF to ban bumpstocks
Fuck the ATF for changing federal law (bypassing Congress) in changing the definition of machine gun
Fuck Barr for signing the ATF's change
Fuck the courts for upholding it
Fuck the Supreme Court for refusing to hear an appeal
And
Fuck anyone that supports the ban

You can't even manage to grasp your brain around the fact that it took many to make this happen........and you only want to hold ONE to account.....where I want to hold ALL to account.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Actually they didn't.  No police agency ever examined the guns.  Nolo has the proof via FOIA paperwork from the .gov themselves.  It's actually part of the lawsuits.

A couple of photos with some rifles laying around that looked like a bumpstock on one of them and the video of the rapid fire with a metric fuck load of media speculation.

There was no examination done on the weapons to see if bumpfire was used, a LL, DIAS, trigger crank, or proper drill the 3rd hole illegal machine gun.

Everyone says he used a bumpstock.  They've said it since less than 48 hours after the shooting.  Where's the proof?

The national news media told us Trump colluded with Russia for 2+ years straight.  How true is that?  Why would we believe them about the Vegas shooting?

@Sylvan
View Quote
@Tankdawg0057 - while ATF did not conduct the inspection, every weapon is listed in the LVPD report and every 5.56 weapon had a bumpstock attached.  I've looked at quite a few pictures and not seen evidence of a third hole - not to mention the listed 5.56 weapons would require milling for that conversion.  While it's possible other conversions were used, I find it unlikely. Most other conversions would require swapping FCG's. More importantly, the audio doesn't match up with true full auto conversions, instead it sounds like bumpstocks with inconsistent forward pressure making the rate vary.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@Tankdawg0057 - while ATF did not conduct the inspection, every weapon is listed in the LVPD report and every 5.56 weapon had a bumpstock attached.  I've looked at quite a few pictures and not seen evidence of a third hole - not to mention the listed 5.56 weapons would require milling for that conversion.  While it's possible other conversions were used, I find it unlikely. Most other conversions would require swapping FCG's. More importantly, the audio doesn't match up with true full auto conversions, instead it sounds like bumpstocks with inconsistent forward pressure making the rate vary.
View Quote
When I heard it I thought it was one of those trigger cranks.

It wasn't quite right for full auto.  Certainly not M4 M16 full auto which I am familiar with.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually they didn't.  No police agency ever examined the guns.  Nolo has the proof via FOIA paperwork from the .gov themselves.  It's actually part of the lawsuits.

Everyone says he used a bumpstock.  They've said it since less than 48 hours after the shooting.  Where's the proof?

@Sylvan
Here are some pictures from the scene.

ETA: Can't see much purpose in having a bumpstock if you've got a third hole as an option.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think we should run Trump out of office.  How could it possibly be any worse?
View Quote
With President Pence?
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Of course not.

this is the reality.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course not.

this is the reality.

Trump is my choice in 2020.

He still might.

The only reason he had a “list” was to counter the polls that showed a vast majority or Republicans preferred Cruz to appoint Scalia’s replacement.

He had no other guiding principle that would result in a conservative nomination.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He still might.

The only reason he had a “list” was to counter the polls that showed a vast majority or Republicans preferred Cruz to appoint Scalia’s replacement.

He had no other guiding principle that would result in a conservative nomination.
View Quote
As you would say

LOL
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That just happened in NZ.

Crickets in Congress.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm pretty much there.  I'm a life member and I've already paid them the money.  Cancelling my membership now would be "net gain" for NRA.  Fuck that noise, I'll keep voting and making them send me their crappy magazine until I croak.
View Quote
This. Last time the NRA called me with their hands out I gave the woman on the phone an EARFUL. She gave me some line about how anti gun democrats are never going to have enough gun control and this that and the other. I stopped her mid sentence and asked her why the NRA was cool with banning bump stocks if it wasn't possible to stop the dems from constantly trying. Told her that if I hadn't paid the membership in full I would have cancelled my life membership and mentioned I never got my signed up paid in full gift.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No doubt Hilary would have been a much better champion of the 2nd Amendment.  Right?  I mean just look at her record over the years.  And it was her turn.  This whole thing is so unfair.

I'll take Trump all day every day and never tire of the winning.
View Quote
Idk man. At least with a dem prez Republican congressmen and women would be fighting against more gun laws. Trying to make it look like they care about their constituents opinions.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Crickets in Congress.
View Quote
It will be different when the target is in the US.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
As you would say

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He still might.

As you would say

LOL
You can laugh, but what I said is undeniable.

Facts.

Like many, I will again vote for Trump.

But in the meantime, he continues to support gun control.

And as predicted, you and his other sycophants see it as pragmatic to NOT dare complain.

ALL was predicted.  Specifically.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Probably soon.

Chances are DiFi's ban with pistol braces in them will make it through and he'll sign it into law after the Grahams in the Senate pontificate how "every right has its' limits" and support it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No doubt Hilary would have been a much better champion of the 2nd Amendment.  Right?  I mean just look at her record over the years.  And it was her turn.  This whole thing is so unfair.

View Quote
Republicans pretend to have balls between their legs when a Democrat is in office.

If it weren't for two SCOTUS appointments I'd want my fucking money back. However, given that the court didn't agree to hear the bumpstock injunction, makes me wonder if it'll do us any good at all to maintain a 5-4 court by the time the candle on the 2a runs out of wax.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wow....what....a....shock....YOU make an entrance....and REFUSE hold ALL those responsible to account for their actions.....

Fuck the ATF for changing federal law (bypassing Congress) in changing the definition of machine gun
And

You can't even manage to grasp your brain around the fact that it took many to make this happen........and you only want to hold ONE to account.....where I want to hold ALL to account.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And

^this guy is right.  This whole thing is a shit show.  The mental gymnastics involved by those that know better that implemented this shit is astounding.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Sylvan
They all did?  I saw one photo of a Daniel Defense rifle with their fugly stock on it.  I will admit I did not look at many of the pictures.  I only remember see one photo with what appeared to be a bumpstock.  What struck me as odd is some of the rifles had no sights.  I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories about the whole thing.   But it would be nice if they could ya know test the damn guns to tell us that’s what exactly happened instead of guessing at it before they violate the constitution and separation of powers
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2017/10/03/931/524/694940094001_5597002361001_5596953752001-vs.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

ETA: Can't see much purpose in having a bumpstock if you've got a third hole as an option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Sylvan

https://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2017/10/03/931/524/694940094001_5597002361001_5596953752001-vs.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Yup same pictures I’ve seen.  That first one is a factory Daniel Defense collapsible stock.  Not a bumpstock.  Second one is.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crickets in Congress.
Well current events disagrees.

Suzy Soccer Mom has come to grips with semi auto fire.

If someone with your bump skills ever went Las Vegas the butchers bill would be high 3 digits KIA.

If someone with your semi auto skills ever went Las Vegas the butchers bill would be pretty much the same.

The difference to Suzy Soccer Mom is the sound.

There is simply no Republican in the House or Senate who will defend bumpstocks and it's going to lose at every level in the courts.

Your skillful work in developing bump skills and tech to a point where it's not a joke is duly noted.

If we want SCOTUS to strike down State level AWBs then Faux Full Auto is a bad way to get there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yup same pictures I’ve seen.  That first one is a factory Daniel Defense collapsible stock.  Not a bumpstock.  Second one is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Sylvan

There were other photos I remember with more bumpstock equipped 556 rifles and stacks of surefire mags. I'll see if I can find them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Idk man. At least with a dem prez Republican congressmen and women would be fighting against more gun laws. Trying to make it look like they care about their constituents opinions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  It would be just like with Obama.  Every gun owner in the US, Republicans in congress, and the NRA would be fighting tooth and nail stopping any and all gun control at every turn.  The media would be furious.  Just like they were.

But instead.  Because it’s R’s fucking us over, bout half the folks here are good with it.  Long as it doesn’t affect them right?  Lol just wait.  I would laugh when they come for their guns but it won’t be funny.  Not at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#46]
It’s all living in borrowed time.

Just like the rest of our freedoms.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There were other photos I remember with more bumpstock equipped 556 rifles and stacks of surefire mags. I'll see if I can find them tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Sylvan

There is no need really.  I think they were likely used in the attack.  But thing is I’m not 100% sure as no one tested the guns.  With such a high profile killing I have no clue why.  Just screams of lazy incompetence.

We don’t make policy off of leaked crime scene photos.  We do off of verifiable police forensic reports.  This thing was not given the due diligence it deserved.  The government had to concede this point in the court cases.  There is no courtroom admissible proof they were used because no investigation was done on the guns.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#48]
If they ban pistol braces I will install both extra buffer tubes and stocks that I have in my parts bin. If I'm going to be a felon then fuck it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yup same pictures I've seen.  That first one is a factory Daniel Defense collapsible stock.  Not a bumpstock.  Second one is.
View Quote
The DD stock is on a 7.62 rifle. All the 5.56 rifles had bump stocks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Crickets in Congress.
View Quote
So red flag and S66 are crickets? Got it.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top