Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Questions like this remind me I’m getting old, whether I think I am or not.

When you live life long enough you realize there are worse things than a spouse “blimping out”. If you’d leave yours over something that shallow you’ve got a lot of growing up to do.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Before I clicked on this thread I assumed it would be filled with keto cultists and calorie deniers.

I was right
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Till death do up part. It is in the Bible.  No cheating, no leaving.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When you live life long enough you realize there are worse things than a spouse “blimping out”. If you’d leave yours over something that shallow you’ve got a lot of growing up to do.
View Quote
As long as my dick still works, it matters.

After that I’ll glady get fat right along side her. Has nothing to do with maturity, and everything to do with a happy healthy relationship.

I promise you we are happier than when she wasn’t in shape. She even said last night after reading this train wreck thread “I wasn’t happy when I was fatter”.

Let’s get back to the Bible’rs telling us how where not real men cause we won’t stick a pig
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BOOM, head shot!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
She can get the size the Hindenburg and I'm not "kicking her to the curb". Will I still be sexually attracted to her? No, probably not. Did I still make a promise to her and to God? Yes, and unless she commits adultery, I'm sticking around.

That doesn't apply to you if you're not Christian but if marriage is so disposable, why do it in the first place?
Why is adultery the lynch pin that makes your marriage disposable? I thought righteous Christians "hate the sin, not the sinner".  Why are the other 9 Commandments not grounds for divorce?
BOOM, head shot!
No. It isn’t.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Excellent post even if you are weak sauce defined.  
View Quote
Brah. How much ya bench?
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Brah. How much ya bench?
View Quote
This begs for a good "cord of wood cutting" copy paste'a... but I’ll resist to keep this thread on track.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This begs for a good "cord of wood cutting" copy paste'a... but I’ll resist to keep this thread on track.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brah. How much ya bench?
I totally missed the opportunity for the swinger copy paste’a in the swinger thread.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

After that I’ll glady get fat right along side her. Has nothing to do with maturity, and everything to do with a happy healthy relationship.

I promise you we are happier than when she wasn’t in shape. She even said last night after reading this train wreck thread “I wasn’t happy when I was fatter”.

Let’s get back to the Bible’rs telling us how where not real men cause we won’t stick a pig
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you just proved he is correct
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re right.

I’m not an old fucking stick in the mud.

Muh feelz
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me tell you a story of hormones and calories.

In my younger days, I was a bit..."confrontational" at times. Back in 1999, over Christmas break during my freshman year of college, my friends came to visit. I think it was the week between Christmas and New Year's. We were doing pretty much nothing out of the ordinary - just hanging out like college kids normally do. One dreary Tuesday afternoon, we got hungry - very hungry - and decided to hit that wonderful bastion of obesity, Ponderosa Steakhouse.

There were only five customers in the restaurant - the three of us and two women positioned as close as possible to the buffet. As we ordered and finished filling up our first plates, we passed their table and its associated odd harmony of wheezing, heavy breathing, and overworked hearts frantically trying to push some unholy gelatinous mix of lard and blood through their calcified arteries. We noticed that the fried chicken and macaroni and cheese were both empty, which was (at first) odd given the lack of patrons.

We sat down and started to eat, drink, and be merry. The two sows looked at us frequently while they inhaled whatever grease-laden slop was on their plate, obviously considering us competition for the next round of fried chicken and macaroni. It was uncomfortable, you see. One time I went fishing at a relatively remote lake in Maine. When we'd take the trash outside, there were always raccoons waiting to pillage it. This was a little like that, with the exception that the raccoons weighed about four bills each.

As we heard the double doors of the kitchen swing open, we realized that more food - that food which we actually wanted - was coming out. We all got up and went to get some, but we made the fatal mistake of following Ponderosa's rules and we got a new plate. This allowed the two sweaty bipedal elephants an opportunity to get ahead of us and proceed to take exactly 100% of the tray of macaroni and cheese and all but one chicken wing. For those wondering how they did this given the size of Ponderosa's trays as well as the size of the plates, they each carried two plates. One was for macaroni (topped with chicken, naturally) and the other was for chicken. For that which didn't fit, they had pockets, and yes, I did actually witness two morbidly obese women place fried chicken drumsticks in the pockets of their size 60 polyester pants.

At this point, we were a little upset that we were being chicken-blocked by nearly a half-ton worth of landwhale flesh. We picked up some consolation food and sat down, where we proceeded to somewhat loudly deride the slovenly patrons who had hogged the entire fucking trays of macaroni and cheese and fried chicken for themselves. Of course, while the fat deposits in their foreheads had rendered them nearly mechanically blind, their bodies hadn't yet stored fat near their ears so they were more than capable of hearing us. Naturally, they took offense, and after loudly threatening to get the manager, we engaged them in conversation.

This is where I learned that they were obese due to thyroid problems, hormones, and their genetics. They specifically mentioned they had parents on the "large side," which was clearly why they were "blimped out" to borrow a turn of phrase. You see, it is actually due to hormones, thyroid problems, and hereditary factors, and definitely not because they were camped out in Ponderosa on a Tuesday afternoon fiercely protecting their trays of fried chicken and macaroni and cheese.

I'm reminded of that when I read that the laws of physics don't apply to women, and that "hormones" are to blame. Hormones don't change the laws of physics. They drive behavior. No, it isn't equally easy for everybody to gain or lose weight, but the rules still apply. Anything else is simply an excuse or bad math. But then again, this is the world we live in, where nobody is responsible for anything they do.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
till death do us part.  some of you guys...  
View Quote
But a woman who leaves a man for a better looking or wealthier guy has no respect for the institution of marriage.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
87 days
View Quote
This. Though shalt give thy wife 87 days and 87 days though shalt give her.

If she refuses to comply she is directly in conflict with almighty God for defiling her "temple".
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
But a woman who leaves a man for a better looking or wealthier guy has no respect for the institution of marriage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
till death do us part.  some of you guys...  
To be fair, women are biologically wired to go from vine to vine. They can’t help it. Men are just victims.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When you say "natural thyroid, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone" what do you mean? Like some BS supplements or some cream from a compounding pharmacy or do you mean like actual hormone pellets and T3 or T4 for your thyroid? That will make a huge difference in your actual results.

There are also a few safe...(ish) tricks you can use to break through a plateau on weight loss.

And on the actual main topic of this thread I've been through that too, only it was in my 20's. She was like 5'9" 115lbs when I married her, she got to like 250 at her largest (in her 20's). There were no medical issues of any sort, she just immediately stopped taking care of herself and also became all horrible and mean and BPDish. That was pretty much a nightmare and I'm still not 100% right in the head from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm currently off all arthritis meds and am using natural thyroid, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone but it's slow go. My ideal weight is 160. I typically eat between 1100-1600 calories a day. I'm fighting with the keeping my calories up, controlling blood sugar levels and keeping my protein level down (50% would be nice) but I'm not there. I haven't been in Ketosis yet and I've plateaued weight wise which is frustrating.  
When you say "natural thyroid, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone" what do you mean? Like some BS supplements or some cream from a compounding pharmacy or do you mean like actual hormone pellets and T3 or T4 for your thyroid? That will make a huge difference in your actual results.

There are also a few safe...(ish) tricks you can use to break through a plateau on weight loss.

And on the actual main topic of this thread I've been through that too, only it was in my 20's. She was like 5'9" 115lbs when I married her, she got to like 250 at her largest (in her 20's). There were no medical issues of any sort, she just immediately stopped taking care of herself and also became all horrible and mean and BPDish. That was pretty much a nightmare and I'm still not 100% right in the head from it.
I guess I don't know exactly what I mean. I'm told by my physician that I'm on a bio identical compound made by a compounding pharmacy.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top