Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
None. At least that's what Trump and the ATF need to think.

But for real probably around 100,000.
View Quote
A loT oF them
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a question.

Why are we musing a question that will easily show up in any google search that will not
benefit gun owners?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

?

I'm not arguing against bumpstocks i'm just saying between the pics of one laying on the floor of his room and dozens of cellphone video's capturing a high inconsistent rate of fire sorta lead me to assume he probably did... are you saying the picture of the one taken in his room appeared unfired because i never really looked beyond seeing an AR with a slidefire on it.
View Quote
ATF wasn't allowed to inspect them for months...the report has never definitively stated they were in fact used vs. merely present...the killer was looking into illegal autosears just before...drop in autosears aren't externally visible...we never saw the guns broken open to see what was actually inside
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol. I'll bet you could climb a wall of dicks with both hands tied behind your back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too many.
Every owner should be embarassed for having spent good money on one.
Toys for man-boys.Kind of like Legos.
Lol. I'll bet you could climb a wall of dicks with both hands tied behind your back.
And run naked through a cornfield backwards
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
disregard
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Close to 330 million.

I say that because I can as well as teach you to shoot an unmodified M1 Carbine at the cyclic rate, from the shoulder by just how you place your trigger finger, grip and fire it.

I need to post some vids.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Less than 10,000
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Close to 330 million.

I say that because I can as well as teach you to shoot an unmodified M1 Carbine at the cyclic rate, from the shoulder by just how you place your trigger finger, grip and fire it.

I need to post some vids.
View Quote
I wanna see that. I need to get some more 30 carbine first though
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]
The estimate I have seen mentioned before is ~1,800,000
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ATF wasn't allowed to inspect them for months...the report has never definitively stated they were in fact used vs. merely present...the killer was looking into illegal autosears just before...drop in autosears aren't externally visible...we never saw the guns broken open to see what was actually inside
View Quote
Gotcha. Interesting.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting I've never considered the autosear possibility
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I woulda asked for a refund on that sear.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Auto sear would have regular and rhythmic gunfire, yes? Not the varying uneven stuff heard in the various videos, that screams bump firing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#14]
A few dozen maybe.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#15]
They've been available for what 8-9 years ?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Are they going to ban nails and 2x4 boards?  YouTube is full of ideas that are very simple if you want to waste your ammunition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcfVQutaXRk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHo7ixo1p-Y
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Sold mine, forget to whom I did though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#18]
No idea.... But my dog used mine as a chew toy and it is deemed destroyed. So one less out there.....
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I have no idea how many are out there.

But if the penalty is the same as possession of an unregistered full auto, the 'will not comply' crowd is a bunch of morons if they purchased their bump stocks with a credit card or over the internet.

Eventually the ATF is going to visit each one that doesn't turn them over.

And if you're going to do the crime, doing it with a bump stock that the ATF knows you purchased, instead of the real deal is box of rocks dumb.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 3:30:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

?

I'm not arguing against bumpstocks i'm just saying between the pics of one laying on the floor of his room and dozens of cellphone video's capturing a high inconsistent rate of fire sorta lead me to assume he probably did... are you saying the picture of the one taken in his room appeared unfired because i never really looked beyond seeing an AR with a slidefire on it.
View Quote
The Daniel Defense rifles on bipods (without bumpstocks) appear to be the weapons he was firing next to the stacks of mags. The bumpstock rifle was just randomly on the floor.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:24:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a question.

Why are we musing a question that will easily show up in any google search that will not
benefit gun owners?
View Quote
Your concern is noted.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#22]
There are roughly the same number of bumpstocks as there are illegal immigrants.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Voted 25k. I have no idea
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#24]
So if they're more than 200,000, and 200,000 is common use, and bumpstocks are machine guns, then machine guns are in common use, right ?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:03:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The more important question you should be asking is how many crimes have been committed with bump type stocks?

I asked FBI and ATF and currently suing the FBI under FOIA to make them answer the question.   You may have heard of my attorney as he is well known on this site.

Ask yourself this:

What if bumps stocks were not used in the Mandalay Bay Shooting of Oct 1, 2017?

What if there is no recorded crime having ever been committed with one?

What if the shooting occurred using a device the ATF already banned in 1981 (ATF Ruling 81-4) and DOJ knows this?

View Quote
The Vegas Information Void into which our rights disappear with no grandfathering, opportunity to register or single dime of compensation.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:26:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Too many.
View Quote
And yet one more "I support the 2A, but......" poster outs themselves......
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#27]
I don’t personally know a single person who has one.  In fact, everyone I know with an AR thinks they’re dumb/waste of ammo.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:28:36 AM EDT
[#28]
120% of the number that get turned in in 90 days
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:45:46 AM EDT
[#29]
The difficulty is, almost everyone is just a few hours of practice away from being able to bump fire any number of guns.

Adios:

SICARIO: DAY OF THE SOLDADO - Official Trailer (HD)
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd bet that it's easily over 1 million. We gun owners are some accessory purchasing MoFos.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know but I have been reading for a while now that every time a batch came in they sold out FAST nationwide.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't know but I have been reading for a while now that every time a batch came in they sold out FAST nationwide.
View Quote
As of yesterday you could still buy one
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#33]
We’renin A bubble. I’d honestly be surprised if it was more than 25,000.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No shit?

They are still being made and shipped out...…..didn't know that.

Back in October 2017 and for a number of months I would check and within a couple of days invariably the vendors would be sold out on the batches they had received.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don’t personally know a single person who has one.  In fact, everyone I know with an AR thinks they’re dumb/waste of ammo.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Exactly 87,878.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
None. At least that's what Trump and the ATF need to think.

But for real probably around 100,000.
View Quote
Under 5000
I don't know anyone who has one
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#38]
I read the ATF analysis of the ban, it said the financial impact in destroying them was 137 million.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Bump stocks are moot.

If you have one and want to keep hosing lead, just drill the 3rd hole and mill out the shelf and throw the bump stock in the trash can.

An ar15 is an 80% M-16.

This may be the 'fuck it' line for some.
View Quote
This. If you're going to be a felon you just as well go all in.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
meh, they are fun prone.
60 yards, 20" A2 sights.

" />
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Too many.
View Quote
For a minute there I thought you were talking about gun products. To my relief, I realized you must've been talking about something else.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Insert cat reading newspaper meme here.

“I should build a bumpstock.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever seen a picture of a fired rifle with a bumpstock on it from Vegas?

Thought so.
?

You must've watched different cell phone videos than I did.

Here is one

Las Vegas concert shooting kills 50, injures 200: raw video (Warning: Graphic Content)
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#45]
I voted 100,000 but I don't know anyone that owns one.  I guess in free states they may be a lot more common than here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
10k to 25k. Most gun owners I've spoken with never even knew what they are
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The more important question you should be asking is how many crimes have been committed with bump type stocks?

I asked FBI and ATF and currently suing the FBI under FOIA to make them answer the question.   You may have heard of my attorney as he is well known on this site.

Ask yourself this:

What if bumps stocks were not used in the Mandalay Bay Shooting of Oct 1, 2017?

What if there is no recorded crime having ever been committed with one?

What if the shooting occurred using a device the ATF already banned in 1981 (ATF Ruling 81-4) and DOJ knows this?

View Quote
"Gun control" has nothing to do with preventing or reducing crime.
The purpose of "gun control" is to enhance the government's control over the unwashed masses by denying them effective means with which to resist.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#48]
My calculations based upon conversations with the founder of the company regarding income
generated is

800,000 on the low end

well over a million on the high end.......
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Too many.
View Quote
Why are you still a member here?  Serious question.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#50]
There is a bigger disaster brewing here.  So far I am ok with Trump. This order can easily loose the 2020 election for him.  If 600,000 is a reasonable count for bump stocks in the US, then you can conservatively estimate at least 3x really pissed off voters to change to the dems.  Considering many election are these days, 1.8 million votes switched are easily enough to loose 2020.  The bump stock will be his Self-destruct button.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top