Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
They didn't fit on an M1A so I didn't care.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a rough idea on how many bump stocks are out there.

How many do YOU think are our there? Many seem to think they are
a niche product used by only a few.

So what is your guess?

ETA: This is a serious question as I am really interested to see if members here have an accurate
picture of the amount of produced slide fire stocks currently in circulation or if their thoughts on
this are way off. And, if their thoughts on this are as far off as I think they are, how would it affect
their viewpoint.

Ok, here is my thoughts
My calculations based upon conversations with the founder of the company regarding income
generated is

800,000 on the low end

well over a million on the high end.......
View Quote
"They" really have no idea of the scope of what they're about to begin.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You must've watched different cell phone videos than I did.

Here is one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIteeiT9Y94
View Quote
Seen that one, cyclic rate sounds like its all over the place. Still not saying he didn't use a seer, was an ace with his thumb/belt loop, or was in possession of rubber bands but that didn't sound like a healthy mg.
Again imo and it doens't mean shit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Seen that one, cyclic rate sounds like its all over the place. Still not saying he didn't use a seer, was an ace with his thumb/belt loop, or was in possession of rubber bands but that didn't sound like a healthy mg.
Again imo and it doens't mean shit.
View Quote
Things I learned while working in the TV industry.

Having done for the entertainment industry I can tell you NEVER trust the audio....It actually is a big issue when filming live fire.   Any reflective surface does weird stuff to the sound.

You are also making assumptions that skip over obvious POSSIBLE explanations.  Ever been to Knob Creek or other large MG shoot?   Ever watch Mag-58 or M240 shoot with a hanging belt?  Ever hear one shoot with a hanging belt?

Gravity is not a suggestion, it's the law!   Even in Vegas...

Longer belt means more weight...More weight means more drag on the feed system.  As the belt gets shorter the rate of fire will change.   Belt flopping on full auto means the belt is "dancing" and jumping all over the place....Causing the rate of fire to be erratic and sometime jam.

Back to gravity:

A bump type stock function would be negatively impacted by gravity if you point it downward (system now has to lift the weight of the firearm not just back and forth equation).

So unless the law of gravity was repealed in Vegas I call bullshit on bump fire.

If there was any shred of forensic evidence DOJ would have made a point to show everyone....That they are conspicuous in the lack of presented evidence of actual use of a bump stock should tell you to demand the evidence.

When under FOIA you demand the evidence and suddenly DOJ, FBI, and ATF go silent, you KNOW something is up.

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#6]
If there are 800K to 1 million bumpstocks, then there are an obscene amount of AR-15s.  And Im ok with this.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I kicked one of the bumpstock manufacturers off arfkom for shilling or not having a dealership and that was ages ago. Maybe ten years ago?

I guessed 100k but would only be production of 10k a year so I bet op
is right and I'm too low
View Quote
Possibly 800K to maybe over 1 million people being made criminals...…….and they are most likely all GOP voters.

Jesus Christ Trump...…...damn I hope blaculo is correct and this is a ploy to get it into court where they will overturn the reg.

Please God!!!

ETA:  This could destroy Trump's chances for reelection in 2020 IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I just hope they don’t ban belt loops, I don’t have an ass and my pants will fall off.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Possibly 800K to maybe over 1 million people being made criminals...…….and they are most likely all GOP voters.

Jesus Christ Trump...…...damn I hope blaculo is correct and this is a ploy to get it into court where they will overturn the reg.

Please God!!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kicked one of the bumpstock manufacturers off arfkom for shilling or not having a dealership and that was ages ago. Maybe ten years ago?

is right and I'm too low

Please God!!!

Usually, POTUS goes out of his way to secure/reward his base in his first term to setup his second term.  But evidently 87 degree chess does things differently.

Now, he hasn't had a cooperative Congress to work with so I'll give him that.  There haven't been any pro-2A bills hitting his desk.    But that's even more reason not to go out of your way to further infuriate and alienate your base with horseshit like this.

As I stated in another thread, I just don't get it.  It defies all rational decision making and logical thinking.

And I don't buy, for one second, the ploy to get yourself sued to overturn your own action in order to insulate those rights from future action(s).  That's just....Q level retarded.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:02:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"They" really have no idea of the scope of what they're about to begin.
View Quote
They really don’t care.......they got something out of Trump. If no one turns in a single bump stock they still be happy. Actually more so because it proves that “ammosexauls” are not law abiding.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Too many.
Every owner should be embarassed for having spent good money on one.
Toys for man-boys.Kind of like Legos.
View Quote
I have enjoyed the responses to your attempt to demean some gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If there are 800K to 1 million bumpstocks, then there are an obscene amount of AR-15s.  And Im ok with this.  
View Quote
The NRA says there are 8.5-15 million "assault rifles" of all types. Estimates of ARs are 5-10 million. This is a lot of guns regardless of the high or low end.

However, let's pretend that everyone only has 1 AR and Arf represents a perfect slice of gun owners. Do 1:10 people on Arf own a bump stock? I very seriously doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I honestly dont see anyone turning them in. Like when CT had a state AWB after Sandy Hook and they required registration and they estimated that five percent of people actually did it.

Plus if you turn in your bumpfire stock on your own free will, it's kinda hard to deny you own an AR15 in the eyes of who is tasked with collecting them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't know, don't care. What people own, or don't, is none of my business.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#15]
10,000 give or take...
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So if they're more than 200,000, and 200,000 is common use, and bumpstocks are machine guns, then machine guns are in common use, right ?
View Quote
Tell me more about this. Who says 200k is common use?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Usually, POTUS goes out of his way to secure/reward his base in his first term to setup his second term.  But evidently 87 degree chess does things differently.

Now, he hasn't had a cooperative Congress to work with so I'll give him that.  There haven't been any pro-2A bills hitting his desk.    But that's even more reason not to go out of your way to further infuriate and alienate your base with horseshit like this.

As I stated in another thread, I just don't get it.  It defies all rational decision making and logical thinking.

And I don't buy, for one second, the ploy to get yourself sued to overturn your own action in order to insulate those rights from future action(s).  That's just....Q level retarded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

is right and I'm too low

Please God!!!

Well that is about all I can fucking hope for now!!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The NRA says there are 8.5-15 million "assault rifles" of all types. Estimates of ARs are 5-10 million. This is a lot of guns regardless of the high or low end.

However, let's pretend that everyone only has 1 AR and Arf represents a perfect slice of gun owners. Do 1:10 people on Arf own a bump stock? I very seriously doubt it.
View Quote
They produced bumpstocks for AK pattern rifles as well....
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just hope they don’t ban belt loops, I don’t have an ass and my pants will fall off.
View Quote
You could go with suspenders, but the modern ones are like big rubber bands and are subject to being banned as MG conversion parts at any time ...
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well that is about all I can fucking hope for now!!!!
View Quote
Anyone acting on the basis that the Federal judicial gods are going to overturn a reinterpretation by the BATFE defining these devices as machine guns is "Skating away ... on the thin ice of the new day."
For evidence of the judges' attitude toward civilian possession of effective means of resistance, one need only look at how far the Circuit Courts were willing to go to save the Hughes amendment.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Too many.
Every owner should be embarassed for having spent good money on one.
Toys for man-boys.Kind of like Legos.
View Quote
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top