Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Those so inclined should look into taking up residence in Canada. Was quite the popular destination for Vietnam draft dodgers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends which gov.  

This one?

https://i.imgflip.com/691h59.jpg
View Quote

Serious question:

Are these Jan. 6 cowards?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those so inclined should look into taking up residence in Canada. Was quite the popular destination for Vietnam draft dodgers.
View Quote

You mean the ones that ended up in the Clinton, Obama and Biden administrations?   btw..Jimmah Cahtah pardoned the real draft dodgers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Creedence Clearwater Revival "Fortunate Son" on The Ed Sullivan Show
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#6]
A flat refusal to fight? After they are induced into the military?  See UCMJ entry “Private Eddie Slovik.”

A refusal because the person has been adverse to war because of a lifelong religious objection, see Private Desmond Doss.  They can emulate his heroism.

A person who is medically ineligible, they get a pass.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Smart as fuck.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Heroes. No more foreign wars or entanglements.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

People gonna call you a Paultard.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Founders warned us about foreign entanglements.... withdraw all US troops and equipment back to within our borders.

People gonna call you a Paultard.

To be honest...years back, I would have said the same thing...now after the last two decades...Paul was right.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not gullible.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
These threads went very differently 19-20 years ago.
View Quote

20 years of useless wars will do that to a populace.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not vaccinated, I can't fly or join the fight, sorry about that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Depends on the war and enemy. I would say Korea and Vietnam were worthwhile and mostly achieved their purpose. GWOT was worthwhile, did the world some good ultimately.

Iraq? Nope, none of them.
Every CIA contra movement in S. America? Nope.

Ukraine...maybe, not sure at this point. They seem to be doing ok without starting WW3.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I did my duty. Never again will I be a pawn so the political elites can get richer off of American lives. America has not won a war since WW2 because of  politicians not wanting to win.
View Quote

Welcome,
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Unlucky
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#16]
If Russia invades a NATO country or attacks us directly, game on.

Ukraine is not a NATO country and Russia is not at war with us.

Not our circus, not our monkeys.

I sure as hell am not going to go die for a comedian and his false bravado and his stupid green t shirts.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Honestly, we should let the country vote on foreign wars.

If you vote YES, you serve.  Regardless if have already servedd, are able, or want to.  

I'm sure that would change a lot of perspectives.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe when Biden Jr. goes first.

Ya'll are slipping in the brain Dept.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Thr military is to defend our country, not the world.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Wake me up when their boats & planes are inbound to the US.

Don’t look to me to unfuck your crooked backroom deals, kicked hornet’s nests and failed policy.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#21]
War elsewhere? F' that.
Defensive war, here? You better be there defending your home.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

To be honest...years back, I would have said the same thing...now after the last two decades...Paul was right.
View Quote

Can't disagree.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Moving into the area of pure fantasy/speculation....

What if some incredibly powerful and valuable substance (think Unobtainium or Adamantium, etc.) was discovered in, let's say one of those equatorial African countries which is currently not very friendly to Americans (or anyone else), but has a large, growing Chinese presence.

Or what if the substance was discovered in Siberia, or northern China?

The country that controls this substance will have an incredible economic and technological advantage over the rest of the world.....
View Quote

Nope.
Still nope.

Ummm....nope.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ron Paul was always right. People were too blind to realize it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#25]
If biden gets us into a war they will ultimately throw away every drop of blood spilled just like afghanistan.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Funny. They always want a war when the economy's in the shitter

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I wouldn’t care.

The federal government has breeched the social contract and its only legitimate claim to the population is force.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Founders warned us about foreign entanglements.... withdraw all US troops and equipment back to within our borders.
View Quote

And equipment.?? You mean don't give billions of dollafs in wespons, vehicles etc. To the enemy??

Someone should have told the fucking potato...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fucking worthless pussies.
View Quote

Go join the foreign legion. Don’t volunteer other peoples blood. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#30]
My opinion wont change if Trump gets in office in 2024 and starts beating the war drums either. Totally over it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#31]
If someone doesn't want to fight, then as far as I'm concerned they don't have to fight. Their choice.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Funny. They always want a war when the economy's in the shitter

View Quote

War is good for business.  It’s how they solved the Great Depression.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you were lurking?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Joe biden and his ilk are directing it? Hell even bush?...both inept...would get you murdered for some....just cause of theirs

No...had close friends die in iraq and Afghanistan...none of that shit was worth any of those guys lives
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#35]
if you voluntarily signed up for the military you are a shithead for not going.

outside of fending off an invasion a draft or conscription is a horrible evil. In general I have no problems with draft dodgers or conscientious objectors.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

The world was very different 19-20 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When I was 18, I joined the Navy. I would have gladly killed Russians. Now, with 40 years of hindsight, I'm grateful I didn't have to. I love this country, but I despise the cocksuckers now in govt. I wouldn't lift a finger to help these fucks unless we were literally being invaded. Fuck these motherfuckers.
View Quote

I don't think I'd qualify now, as I am 57. Also, I'm not a LBGTQ/Tranny/whatever the hell else is popular now in today's military.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Since Congress hasn't exercised its sole power to declare war in 80 years, I view them as law abiding citizens.
View Quote

also this. most of the shit we do is not constitutionally authorized war.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#39]
When they gov gets tiktok'ers involved to spread good opinions you know something is up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#40]
When the establishment is losing ar15.com when it comes to supporting a war you know they are being seen for what they are.  

But I agree.  I would send ukraine weapons, limited, but under no circumstances would I send troops.  Especially for a political class who aren't going or their kids who aren't going.  Our political classes only real goal is building intergenerational wealth so that no one in their families will ever have to work again.  

Ever time I see all these talking heads and politicians pushing for American military action I would to call them out and ask them why they aren't going over to Ukraine and volunteering if they feel so strong about the situation.  Put your money where your mouth is.  Hop the next plane and pick up a rifle.  

Besides it's not like the country isn't 31 trillion in debt.  Can we even afford another war or to support one for that matter.  Is anyone in d.c. even asking that question.  I guess we will just keep stacking on the debt till we become Greece????

Maybe Germany should be thinking of picking up the tab for this one it's in thier backyard.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#41]
If this asshole government declared war on a country I would tell my kids to do whatever they could to skip that show.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuck fighting for the globalist pedophiles at the command of an illegitimate government.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When the establishment is losing ar15.com when it comes to supporting a war you know they are being seen for what they are.  

But I agree.  I would send ukraine weapons, limited, but under no circumstances would I send troops.  Especially for a political class who aren't going or their kids who aren't going.  Our political classes only real goal is building intergenerational wealth so that no one in their families will ever have to work again.  

Ever time I see all these talking heads and politicians pushing for American military action I would to call them out and ask them why they aren't going over to Ukraine and volunteering if they feel so strong about the situation.  Put your money where your mouth is.  Hop the next plane and pick up a rifle.  

Besides it's not like the country isn't 31 trillion in debt.  Can we even afford another war or to support one for that matter.  Is anyone in d.c. even asking that question.  I guess we will just keep stacking on the debt till we become Greece????

Maybe Germany should be thinking of picking up the tab for this one it's in thier backyard.
View Quote

Our politicians have already proven that they don't give 2 shits about the Ukranians. Look at the money they have made when there are really poor people in that country.   The normal pension is under $100/month.

How much did the Big Guy and Hunter get?  Fuck them.  They care as much about the military as they care about Ukranians or anyone else.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Conscientious objection is a valid reason to not fight.

That said, unless you are in that category legitimately while serving in the military, refusing to fight in a declared war should be treated like it is- cowardice in face of the enemy.

Notwithstanding the above, we need to keep our big noses OUT of foreign wars that do not directly affect American lives and the United States homeland, including US territories.
View Quote

Refusing to fight a war on foreign soil for foreign interests isn't cowardice, it's having morals.  As a man, my first duty is to my family.  I didn't rush to join the military like a lot of people did after 9/11 because I knew going to the other side of the world to kill people that lived in caves and huts were no real threat to my family and home.  The real threat was here, working IN our government and in our media.  
Im past draft age but i would fully support my kid dodging a draft with a war with Russia over Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Go join the foreign legion. Don’t volunteer other peoples blood. Good luck.
View Quote

I’ve already fought my war.

My step son is in the Air Force, my daughter is currently in Navy boot camp, and my other step son is joining the Army when he gets old enough.

If you aren’t a leech, you serve.  Give back to the country that gives you what you have.

Or hide under a stairwell and let others fight for you.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Heroes. No more foreign wars or entanglements.
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#47]
All I know is they can become President so why does it matter what I think.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Holey-moley
Its amazing any of you survived the pandemic. If the government tells me to go to Ukraine I'm going to start working out and get ready. You're a coward if you won't do what the goverment tells you.  I bet you'd have a problem with them drafting your daughters into the military too. You guys are why our democracy is failing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I'd have a really hard time putting my ass on the line for this current Administration.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Holey-moley
Its amazing any of you survived the pandemic. If the government tells me to go to Ukraine I'm going to start working out and get ready. You're a coward if you won't do what the goverment tells you.  I bet you'd have a problem with them drafting your daughters into the military too. You guys are why our democracy is failing.
View Quote

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top