Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I would rather not send American boys to die for  Ukrainian Oligarchs killing Russians  Is fighting for Russian oligarchs.

And the big guy gets his 10%  From all the foreign aid.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting how the elites are never on the front lines.

That tells me all I need to know.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If the draft age people I care about were being drafted to be sent to fight in Ukraine against an enemy that hadn’t attacked us?

I’d help them dodge it in anyway I could.

Send the hawks, globalist shills, and boomers dreaming to finally fight the Soviets over.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

We’ve got enough shit going on over here.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ain't dying for pedos
View Quote

Based.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
My perspective having seen my fair share of combat time over the past 30 years.

I'm all for a voluntary force staying voluntary.  If our good, honest, trustworthy, and selfless leaders send us to fight, I would fight for my troops or support those doing more kinetic things.  

The draft sucks; the concept is great; however, we have too many exceptions and those you get are worthless if from the elitist class.  I would rather recruit from the southern border crossing and give the majority of life-sentenced criminals a chance to earn/redeem their citizenship by serving on the front lines than drafting cock-sucking, pussy-hat wearing, Antifa/BLM, Marxist, fucking democrat, liberal, progressive, protesting, SJW, culture-cancelling, environmental-terrorist, low IQ fucktards.

My son chose to serve and is a young Infantry 2LT; I would rather he have Soldiers he want to be there rather than shit-stains who don't.

I will agree with the vast majority that foreign wars are really hard to justify or should be.  I think every fucking sitting congress-fucker can only vote for a foreign war if they have an eligible family member currently serving or meets draft requirements and forced to serve.  Put their fucking family blood on the line and see how many get a hard-on for war. Our representatives who are "Warhawks" are nothing more than vultures and shit-birds.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The State Department was loaded with communists by that time.
View Quote

I'm aware, but the majority of Americans were still anti-communist at the time, as were most people in our government.

The labels of communist and capitalist have lost meaning in the modern political atmosphere. The big corporations are in bed with leftists, the politicians just want to strip the American people to the bone for everything of value.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't hold value in someone's loyalty to the government.  I value loyalty to yourself and those you love

If our government got into a war where I saw no threat to myself or people I care about.  Such as every war after WW2 .  I would refuse to serve and I would have no problem with anyone else who refused to serve in those conditions.  

When a foreign military attacks the USA on our own soil (the states not an embassy) I will fight and expect every physically capable man to fight alongside me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#8]
In a good light. Why would you, if you’re a right leaning male or female fight under an incompetent, illegally installed regime for a government that hates you and actively discriminates against you? Only a sucker would do that. I dont want Americans to die over this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe my "view" would be entirely irrelevant.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Only if all the congress/Senate/judiciary/executive branch/etc...  critters all have their children on the frontline as infantry corporals.

Then I shall have a Nuka Cola.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Depends where
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Moving into the area of pure fantasy/speculation....

What if some incredibly powerful and valuable substance (think Unobtainium or Adamantium, etc.) was discovered in, let's say one of those equatorial African countries which is currently not very friendly to Americans (or anyone else), but has a large, growing Chinese presence.

Or what if the substance was discovered in Siberia, or northern China?

The country that controls this substance will have an incredible economic and technological advantage over the rest of the world.....
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Now do Vietnam draft dodgers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These threads went very differently 19-20 years ago.
View Quote

Nah, you just had to go to DU to find threads that looked like this
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm too old to fight.
In any case, our government has left our southern border wide open and vulnerable to attack.
It's really tough to take them seriously about protecting American interests at this point.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Which cartel would you fight for?

The Sinaloa Cartel

The Jalisco New Generation (CJNG)

The Gulf Cartel
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What if some incredibly powerful and valuable substance (think Unobtainium or Adamantium, etc.) was discovered in, let's say one of those equatorial African countries which is currently not very friendly to Americans (or anyone else), but has a large, growing Chinese presence.

The country that controls this substance will have an incredible economic and technological advantage over the rest of the world.....
View Quote

The most powerful force in the universe...and you found out it's for free...already paid for and your share is waiting
for you to say yes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

We don’t have to speculate. In that case, our politicians would sell out Americans to the Chinese or Russians like they are doing right now for the green agenda.  They wouldn’t wage war because it would stop their money train.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm aware, but the majority of Americans were still anti-communist at the time, as were most people in our government.

The labels of communist and capitalist have lost meaning in the modern political atmosphere. The big corporations are in bed with leftists, the politicians just want to strip the American people to the bone for everything of value.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The State Department was loaded with communists by that time.

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Depends. If they're anti war in general they're gtg, if they're anti going to war themselves but support it for others then they're hypocrites and cowards.

Chicken hawks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bill Clinton and Mitt Romney are heros!
View Quote

I mean, Vietnam was pretty shit and started for very false pretenses so yes they had the right idea of avoiding it it's just a shame that all the other guys who went over there and died and got messed up couldn't have avoided it themselves.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I have two healthy nephews who are of draft age and would be prime material for the military, good grades, smart, athletic, all of that. I have no desire to see them go into the military and get killed in some foreign war and would recommend that they not go. Not very patriotic of me I know but this country has, to use an old phrase, "jumped the shark." We are run by packs of left-wing, anti-white, ass clowns and I see no reason to support sending my family members off to die for them.

Let them draft all of those purple haired gender fluid college fucktards and send them off to get shredded by enemy artillery and machine gun fire. In fact I think any one who has taken gender studies or any other woke classes on the government's dime ought to be drafted first and sent to the front as mine sweepers or bullet catchers.

Yes, I support Ukraine and know that Putin is the bad guy here. That does not mean I want us to commit ground troops to the fight. We can do just fine by sending weapons to Ukraine. And if more fighting needs to be done there are a lot of Europeans who can sign up and go fight.

If Russia attacked US soil or American ships that would be a different story. If Russia attacks NATO members then that also might... might... be a different story. But Russia hasn't done either one which means I only support sending material assistance to Ukraine, not troops.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#23]
The only reason US soldiers should ever leave US territory is conquest.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#24]
My opinions and views of the country we live in, have completely overturned in the past few years.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#25]
If our country is really attacked I would expect Americans to defend our nation. Otherwise I'd need to see some strong justification why we need to get into someone else's mess.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was thinking more of Iraq 2003, rather than Afghanistan 2002.
View Quote

That was also with the old Gulf War mindset.   We'll be in Bagdad in 4 days, and control the country in a month, then we can leave and the new Iraqi democracy can thrive....
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I spent 32 years under the colors of this country.  Almost every fight we got in, in that time was probably a bad call on the part of our national command authority.   However, guys like me fight, because that is what we joined to do.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#28]
After the last couple of decades?
If it’s not on our soil, fuck ‘em.
My sons are the first with no plans to serve since my great grandparents.  I do not encourage it and wouldn’t think less of them for avoiding service for more if the same shit that got so many good people killed for, in the end, nothing.
Wars built on lies to make the rich richer.
Fuck ‘em.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#29]
When I was 18, I joined the Navy. I would have gladly killed Russians. Now, with 40 years of hindsight, I'm grateful I didn't have to. I love this country, but I despise the cocksuckers now in govt. I wouldn't lift a finger to help these fucks unless we were literally being invaded. Fuck these motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My opinion and views of the country we live in has completely overturned in the past few years.
View Quote

Same here. Previously, I would have willingly went to war if the US instituted a draft.

However, now that I have seen the true nature of our politicians, I couldn't in good conscience go fight a foreign war to protect another nation.

To be honest, I think if Biden and congress did drag us into WW3, we are likely to break out in Civil War.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I have gotten older and seen just how corrupt the worlds politicians are and how much they benefit from war, my son will not be going to fight for them.  

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

+ 1

If US politicians are feeling hawkish on this ... let them ruck up lead the way.  

The US has lost too many good men and women over shit whole countries, that still end up being shitholes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't fight, especially not if the current illegitimate govt ordered me to.

This is an oligarchs' war. I'm not interested in being a merc or cannon fodder for them in their wars. They tricked me once and got a me to do it, never again.

The only way I take up arms now is if we're invaded, which simply isn't happening.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Founders warned us about foreign entanglements.... withdraw all US troops and equipment back to within our borders.
View Quote
The founders were commie morons who couldn't  envision future conflicts.

Just like they didn't envision AR15's when writing the 2nd amendment.

If we're not overextending ourselves abroad, then we're going to get invaded
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Nobody should be dying at the behest of the kinds of retards and opportunists that tend to rise to positions of power in our system.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Smarter than the average bear.

I wouldn't want my kid or family members going, except for my nephew who murdered a guy. He good go as punishment. Make him face what his victim face, send convicts who volunteer for a shortened sentence.

Otherwise this administration as well as many others I would strongly encourage folks I know and love, not to help those boobs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When I was 18, I joined the Navy Army. I would have gladly killed Russians. Now, with 40 years of hindsight, I'm grateful I didn't have to. I love this country, but I despise the cocksuckers now in govt. I wouldn't lift a finger to help these fucks unless we were literally being invaded. Fuck these motherfuckers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don’t have a problem with it.  Let the warhawks in government and media send their family.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The Founders warned us about foreign entanglements.... withdraw all US troops and equipment back to within our borders.
View Quote

People gonna call you a Paultard.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#39]
This is a false premise - no one (in or out of the government) actually WANTS a war with Russia.  If we did, we'd have done so by actively supporting Ukraine by doing provocative things like airlifting equipment into Ukraine, moving US or NATO forces into Western Ukraine, or just plain declaring a no fly zone and shooting down Russian aircraft.  We aren't doing anything militarily beyond "normal" proxy support.  We didn't bomb Tehran when they provided training, or sent equipment like EFPs into Iraq, nor did the Soviet Union nuke Washington when we sent Stingers to Afghanistan.  The level of economic sanctions are probably the most dramatic part of our support for Ukraine - the biggest thing about the equipment supply is that it is public.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Fucking worthless pussies.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Backing the U.S Government along the lines of the 1941 version?

Heroes, all that serve.

The current shitheels gov. that profit from the U.S. entanglements in places I don't care a whit about? They can be on the first plane there, leading by example.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Depends which gov.  

This one?

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's been a sobering couple decades.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When I was 18 21, I joined the Navy Army. I would have gladly killed Russians. Now, with 40 33 years of hindsight, I'm grateful I didn't have to. I love this country, but I despise the cocksuckers now in govt. I wouldn't lift a finger to help these fucks unless we were literally being invaded. Fuck these motherfuckers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#45]
How would you view Americans who refused to fight in foreign wars if war is declared by the .Gov?
View Quote

One of those 10-15-20 year deals that end with a whimper? Fortunately I'm old. The guy at the recruitment office would show me the door.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Conscientious objection is a valid reason to not fight.

That said, unless you are in that category legitimately while serving in the military, refusing to fight in a declared war should be treated like it is- cowardice in face of the enemy.

Notwithstanding the above, we need to keep our big noses OUT of foreign wars that do not directly affect American lives and the United States homeland, including US territories.
View Quote

After everything that has occurred in the last few years, you still trust the government to define & determine the "enemy" for you? I'm not interested in bandwagons. But you go ahead enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Americans as a whole never wanted to fight in foreign wars, 66% of U.S. armed forces members were drafted during WWII. 72% were conscripted for ww1.
During the Korean War,  Selective Service inducted over 1.5 million men. Another 1.3 million volunteered, usually choosing the Navy or Air Force.  Remember, men who knew they were going to be drafted, often signed up as they then could pick a branch and job. Gen. Hershey told Congress that for every man drafted, three or four more were scared into volunteering.
Draftees number for the Vietnam War were much worse, The military relied upon this draft-induced volunteerism to make its quotas, especially the Army, which accounted for nearly 95% of all inductees during the Vietnam War era.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Only cowards don’t fight to defend their nation.

Edit to add: we dont need to fight Russia unless Russia (or whomever) attacks us.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Many have realized that our political and economic elite have goals that align more with the Putin's of the world than regular working Americans.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone who fights for a modern politician or a current govt is an idiot.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top