Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry about going overseas to fight. If Vladimir Putin is feels totally cornered by our sanctions.

Your guys future will be:

1. Incinerated in your house or work location
2. Die days or weeks later of radiation sickness due to fallout exposure
3. Die months later from starvation maybe wandering helplessly blinded by radiation flash.
4. Die from self inflicted gunshot below the chin because you miss gaming and the internet

When Nixon was on the edge and commented that he could order the world destroyed, the Secretary of Defense ordered SAC and the Navy to refuse orders directly from the President for now. Hope the Russian commanders do the same.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’ve already fought my war.

My step son is in the Air Force, my daughter is currently in Navy boot camp, and my other step son is joining the Army when he gets old enough.

If you aren’t a leech, you serve.  Give back to the country that gives you what you have.

Or hide under a stairwell and let others fight for you.

View Quote

Fucking left-wing drivel.

Many in Europe would be happy to hide under a stairwell and let Americans fight for them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Good grief at the idiocy in this thread. Anyone who would be on the side of sending Americans or American aid to Ukraine just boggles my mind on so many levels. Fuck any involvement there at any level. Fuck any draft at any level. Wake the fuck up rubes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Until the Hollywood, Washington DC, and NBA divisions are exhausted, don't even think about asking for my boys.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#5]
what a clown world this place has become
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't worry about going overseas to fight. If Vladimir Putin is feels totally cornered by our sanctions.

3. Die months later from starvation maybe wandering helplessly blinded by radiation flash.
4. Die from self inflicted gunshot below the chin because you miss gaming and the internet

When Nixon was on the edge and commented that he could order the world destroyed, the Secretary of Defense ordered SAC and the Navy to refuse orders directly from the President for now. Hope the Russian commanders do the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am no fan of Nixon but do you have a source for that?
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

prolly that vancouver news that you like.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:15:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

First they told me if I don’t get vaccinated I’ll die on a ventilator.

Now they tell me I need to punish and fear Russia.

I’m not buying it. Putin won’t do shit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope you're right, but do you have a source for Putin's sanity?

New York Times article on July 22, 1985.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I was a battleship sailor in the 80's. Being young and dumb, we eagerly looked forward to taking on the commie bastards on the high seas and stomping their ass. That was an enemy that appeared to want world conquest and we had a commander in chief that we trusted and knew had our backs in President Reagan. After seeing what's happened over the last few years I have absolutely zero faith or trust in the clowns in charge to do what's right for America and our service members. Ukraine is absolutely not the hill for my sons to be sent to die on and anyone who demands they give their lives and futures so our corrupt elites can benefit from wars that are not existential for the survival of America can seriously fuck off and die. There are alot of absolutely stupid mother fucking shit birds on social media and even here who are brainwashed morons with no skin in the game (their own family) who would be gleeful to see our best sent into the meat grinder of an eastern European war between two corrupt shit stain countries.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 1:49:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As I have gotten older and seen just how corrupt the worlds politicians are and how much they benefit from war, my son will not be going to fight for them.  

View Quote
I am a boomer, my Dad spent all of ww2 in the army being drafted in 1939.  Being the baby in my family I watched my brother in law to oldest sister, a DI at Bragg in the Rangers, and my next sisters husband a Marine off to Vietnam in 1968 during the Tet offensive.  It just riled me that dear old dad wouldn't hear of me just enlisting.  He said finish college first and then go in as an officer.  He finished as a Captain btw.  Dad was wise to the ways of politicans sending your son not theirs to great the Elephant.  

Trust no one but yourself as only you know what is true to you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#12]
None of my kids will ever go off to support some pedo politician or left wing whacko.  My brother and several other relatives were injured or killed in the VN and the ME conflict. Those that survived wound up getting shit on by the government. They suffered from lack of care and attention in the VA system. They were just medicated and warehoused until they left or expired.

Later the VA tried to shove them off into permanent civilian facilities so they could empty out their wards and reduce their patient count. When my brother was in the VA hospital for a long stretch the VA would stop his disability check (100% disabled).  All his expenses were left to him to cope with…in other words they dropped in my lap since he had no other income. He eventually died and is at peace. None of my children will ever go in the military. I will send them to Canada or Europe first. It was a big joke during VN and later how the sons and daughters of politicians didn’t have any problem getting a military exemption. Nope, I am not sacrificing a child to protect/support Hillary or Pelosi, Schumer, AOC, or any other politician. I don’t view our young people as heros. I sadly see them as pawns and cannon fodder. Nobody you vote for really gives a shit if your children live or die, but they do care if they continue to suck from the govt tit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Everyone clamoring for a war with Russia, isn't going.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Served for a lot of years. I enjoyed the work. 8/10 would do again.

However I have a problem with the US's foreign policy and war hawk elitests.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Everyone clamoring for a war with Russia, isn't going.
View Quote

This, so far there's only been a handful of Arfcommers that went or are trying to go join the Ukrainian foreign legion. But there are way more "I'm too old, but we need to fight Russia", or "this site/members are pathetic cause they don't want to fight the commies" comments from arfcommers that want a right with Russia to stop the big bad bully, but won't even join the UFL.

This guy is serving in Ukraine, what's their real excuse.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fucking left-wing drivel.

Many in Europe would be happy to hide under a stairwell and let Americans fight for them.
View Quote

Good, then it makes it easier to take over their country and drain it of resources.

I don’t agree with what our government does.

I do not agree with all of the fighting overseas.

I do realize it is all about the money and control.

I still believe.

I will always believe.

And I may need the skills my kids bring back from their military service one day.

I still believe it is a good place to get started, even with all of the bullshit regulations and diversity crap.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#17]
As someone who thinks for themselves.

Blind patriotism is exactly that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#19]
We don't draft.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe General Milley will call Putin and warn him the Biden is ready to launch.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We don't draft.
View Quote

Yet...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
These threads went very differently 19-20 years ago.
View Quote

There's been a lot of shit brought to light in that time span.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Containing this conflict using all elements of national power and alliances ought to be the top priority.

Support Ukrainian resistance against the Russians- I’m for that too. Make the Russians bleed for this.

Direct intervention/die in some Eastern European apocalypse, no thanks. That would be a colossal mistake.

Dudes who want to help/didn’t get enough in the last two wars should go to Poland and volunteer to assist with the humanitarian crisis.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I will consider going right after all the politicians and their loved ones go
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#25]
We'll never have another draft.  They could try but nearly no one would go.  We don't have the resources to put 60 million people in prison for not going, either.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As I have gotten older and seen just how corrupt the worlds politicians are and how much they benefit from war, my son will not be going to fight for them.  

View Quote

I feel the same way.  

I've told my son that he won't die because stupid people put an unqualified moron in the Oval Office.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#27]
All I want to see is full combat divisions of feminist women showing us men how it's done.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#28]
My kids won't be going anywhere. The enemy is on our own soil.

Y'all gung ho warhawks need to lay off the Dubya-Emm-Dees, and start acting like American patriots.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've already fought my war.

My step son is in the Air Force, my daughter is currently in Navy boot camp, and my other step son is joining the Army when he gets old enough.

If you aren't a leech, you serve.  Give back to the country that gives you what you have.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go join the foreign legion. Don't volunteer other peoples blood. Good luck.

I've already fought my war.

If you aren't a leech, you serve.  Give back to the country that gives you what you have.

Lol, a man with two step kids giving life advice.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:05:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol, a man with two step kids giving life advice.
View Quote

Dude, that's a low blow.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
what a clown world this place has become
View Quote

Always has been.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Let the politicians kids be first ones leading the charge out of the trenches.  No deferment cuz daddy is connected.  
Let the Equity battle start with them.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

In my 20s' I was dumber than dick. Now I have seen the sheer ignorance of our politicians and their greed for power and money.

No way in hell would I send an Offspring to War for these Fuckers, Republican or Democrat.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Pretty cowardly.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#36]
As true heroes, not capitalist, brainwashed stooges.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My opinions and views of the country we live in, have completely overturned in the past few years.
View Quote

My views of the country remain the same.

My views of the *government* have changed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#38]
if the selective service roster is used for a draft and someone avoids it, i'm fine with that

i just need them to get the fuck out of the USA and live somewhere else forever
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Smart. There is no more fighting for this country unless we are attacked on our soil. I am a vet of 1 "war" and one police action
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Sometimes the ones that send you aren’t worth the sacrifice.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
if the selective service roster is used for a draft and someone avoids it, i'm fine with that

View Quote

Free people are not conscripted into servitude to the state,

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Conscientious objection is a valid reason to not fight.

That said, unless you are in that category legitimately while serving in the military, refusing to fight in a declared war should be treated like it is- cowardice in face of the enemy.

Notwithstanding the above, we need to keep our big noses OUT of foreign wars that do not directly affect American lives and the United States homeland, including US territories.
View Quote

Got two military sons. They are patriots. And they are intelligent and know WTF is going on in this messed up world right now. I don't want them being canon fodder for BULLSHIT wars designed to put money in some DC fucker's pockets. Fuck all of that horseshit. It is NOT patriotic to knowingly be used as a fucking tool by some POS politician to further enrich himself and further erode the standing of America in the world. The Founding Father's were intelligent... and they warned us about this military industrial complex bullshit. America is about to "rah rah patriot" itself right out of 1st and 2nd world status.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
These threads went very differently 19-20 years ago.
View Quote

Many of us were gullible, naive, and stupid. [I sure as hell was]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Cowards and traitors.
View Quote

You mean the fucks in DC who send good men and women to their deaths to put $$$ in their pockets? I sure as fuck hope that's what you're saying. My boys aren't cowards or traitors. Anyone who would call them that sure as hell is.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're still clueless enough to blindly rush good young men and women towards an effed-up plot to enrich some globalist POS, then you need to GTFO of this country. People who are still so blinded at this point are the problem. This ain't your grandfather's American military. It's a fucked-up rackets, run by DC mafia bosses.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Pretty cowardly.

View Quote

Hmmm... user country checks out.

Btw... I despise putin and want the Ukeranian people to repel that piece of shit. But there is so much bullshit coming from both sides right now, I would be a pretty horrible, ignorant father if I wanted my sons sent over there. If they WANTED to go there, then that would be their choice and I would respect that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You mean the fucks in DC who send good men and women to their deaths to put $$$ in their pockets? I sure as fuck hope that's what you're saying. My boys aren't cowards or traitors. Anyone who would call them that sure as hell is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cowards and traitors.

If they're called and don't go...despite your rationalizations...the description fits. It has always been so. No soldier has ever been asked for their opinion on any particular conflict.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:29:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Let's set aside all this morality based angst for a while and look long and hard at Ukraine.  

What economic or military benefit does the U.S. derive from an independent Ukraine?  Is it worth an investment of blood and treasure?  I'm thinking the answer is "no" but but perhaps I'm missing something.  I know it's terrible and Russians eat babies and stuff but does this make dollars and sense?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If they're called and don't go...despite your rationalizations...the description fits. It has always been so. No soldier has ever been asked for their opinion on any particular conflict.
View Quote

Get thine ass to Ukraine and fight for the Biden family fortune. Don't fucking lie to me and tell me that it's for America. Only a goddamned FOOL could still think that getting involved in something like this is in America's interest. If my sons are sent to war, I will be proud of them for standing tall (just like I was proud of them for enlisting). But I'll be damned if I would lie to them by trying to blow smoke up their asses and waving the flag. Shit is beyond fucked-up right now. They can put their lives on the line, repelling the invasion from the south. THAT is a patriotic war! But nah... let's send our sons to enrich corrupt politicians.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top