User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:42:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

While that would be fucking awesome it would probably be short lived. Too many people too stupid to secure them when theyre not around and add in a million ghetto grandmas doing straw purchases.

How about no pre 86 post 86 bullshit and streamline the process.
View Quote
I cant see the NFA vanishing ever, what I would prefer is the doing away with the BS though. The $200 tax stamp, i could deal with. The forms, the fingerprints, the CLEO notification, at this point I feel like im a fucking felon.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Contradicting philosophies shouldn't join forces.  Roe is contrary to the pursuit of life and liberty, while the 2A protects life and liberty.
View Quote
while I agree with the sentiment, sometimes it comes down to your enemy is my enemy........and you deal with the fallout later
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I cant see the NFA vanishing ever, what I would prefer is the doing away with the BS though. The $200 tax stamp, i could deal with. The forms, the fingerprints, the CLEO notification, at this point I feel like im a fucking felon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While that would be fucking awesome it would probably be short lived. Too many people too stupid to secure them when theyre not around and add in a million ghetto grandmas doing straw purchases.

You are to them. If not already, then eventually.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, yeah, obviously (bunch of fuckers, the lot of them), but still...
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Contradicting philosophies shouldn't join forces.  Roe is contrary to the pursuit of life and liberty, while the 2A protects life and liberty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If only Roe V. Wade and 2nd Amendment supporters joined forces. Seems like it would be a fairly large group, maybe a huge majority.

But alas.
Yep and Ironically liberals would say the exact opposite.  That Roe v Wade is direct protection of  Female Freedom and Liberty without others (men) telling them (women) what medical procedures they can do to "their own bodies."  And the 2A is abrogates freedom and Liberty because the danger posed by a lack of enforcable restrictions on guns is a public hazard that increases their risk of death, and so they are deprived.

Its irreconcilable.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You are going to have to convince me that killing unwanted children is not only moral, but constitutionally protected.

And.............................go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y'think?

Sadly, many supporters of one will never recognize the validity of the other's opinion.
You are going to have to convince me that killing unwanted children is not only moral, but constitutionally protected.

I can not come even close to an argument that it is moral or protected, but what I can offer, is that the ones wanting it and demanding it, are precisely the people we don't want to breed........... whats that quote? never interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:57:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You own yourself.

If you don't own yourself, there's no real basis for private property rights.

This argument of course ignores morality.

But legally, Rothbard argued a fetus is akin to a parasite or a non paying tenant, and can be evicted at the owner's discretion.
View Quote
This, as morally repugnant as I feel it is, I cant think of anything more dangerous to our idea of freedom than making a woman carry a child to term and birth it if she does not want to........Freedom, can be ugly, that is one inescapable fact.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If only Roe V. Wade and 2nd Amendment supporters joined forces. Seems like it would be a fairly large group, maybe a huge majority.

But alas.
View Quote
LOL, what?

Roe v Wade supporters are morons who hate the Constitution.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Again, I'm pro life.

But I'm just arguing this issue for sake of devil's advocate.

From a private property argument, you enter an agreement with the landlord.

As savage as it may seem, (legally and philosophically speaking) an unborn child is offering nothing while taking resources.

The unborn child is killed due to a decision to no longer provide those nutrients, and physical burdens for free.

I do not advocate that position.

But the counter argument might be interpreted as a requirement for people to provide for others they do not wish to care for.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:02:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Because the right of the people to keep and bear arms and the right of women to murder inconvenient and unwanted children are really the same thing.
View Quote
Roe v Wade was a crap decision. The problem with the left's idea of judicial rulings is that they start with the answer they want and work backwards. Following the Constitution is something they don't do.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#11]
While a long shot, this coming up Supreme Court could be the LAST chance for NFA challenges.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This, as morally repugnant as I feel it is, I cant think of anything more dangerous to our idea of freedom than making a woman carry a child to term and birth it if she does not want to........Freedom, can be ugly, that is one inescapable fact.
View Quote
I can think of something much worse: murdering children in cold blood because you want to avoid personal responsibility.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because you are thinking like a leftist, and starting with your desired outcome and working backwards.

Roe v Wade isn't rooted in rule of law. It isn't derived from the Constitution. It is made up crap that starts with the desired conclusion, and works backwards . . .

None of what I'm saying has anything to do with abortions, BTW. The simple fact is that nothing in the Constitution protects abortions. It is an issue that should be properly left to the states, and if you want to impose it (protect abortions) at the federal level, add it via an amendment.

Your argument, as such, is feeeeels, and contrary to rule of law, and hence liberty.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:09:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yet that has nothing to do with Roe v Wade.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:15:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Their bodies, their choice. I'm alright with morons not breeding.
Just don't expect me to pay for an abortion especially at the end of a gun when contraceptives are practically free.

Unless you got raped and are now pregnant, it's all on you and loverboy to deal with it.
There are PLENTY of privately funded organizations who will be happy to kill their kid.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:22:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Again, I'm pro life.

But I'm just arguing this issue for sake of devil's advocate.

From a private property argument, you enter an agreement with the landlord.

As savage as it may seem, (legally and philosophically speaking) an unborn child is offering nothing while taking resources.

The unborn child is killed due to a decision to no longer provide those nutrients, and physical burdens for free.

I do not advocate that position.

But the counter argument might be interpreted as a requirement for people to provide for others they do not wish to care for.
View Quote
This has nothing to do with Roe v Wade. Nevertheless I'll consider the argument.

A landlord can't demand the renter leave right now or die. He has to allow the renter to exit alive. In the case of an unborn child that means allowing birth, then the mother can put the child up for adoption.

You can't even kill trespassers. You can kill intruders in the home, but that on the assumption they are dangerous. If a home intruder proves to not be dangerous you can't kill him, either.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:24:07 AM EDT
[#17]
BHO pushed the US pretty far to the left, now they are just left of center.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:28:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
hell, I think old white men should not be that interested in vaginas that dont belong to their wife, I am a man and will never have to carry a child so I think I should stay out of the argument. Now I also don't care for abortion, I wont have one, and sure don't want my tax dollars spent on it.  But at this point, if it makes the libs cry,I am kinda OK with it
View Quote
As rational creatures who can reason, there is no good reason for men to stay out of this argument. And consistent with that I think I can judge behavior in battle even if I wasn't there.

The is a rational tradition the West must uphold.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You own yourself.

But legally, Rothbard argued a fetus is akin to a parasite or a non paying tenant, and can be evicted at the owner's discretion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pro life, but I'll give it a go.

Private property rights.
Can we still own people?!
You own yourself.

You don’t own yourself.  Try auctioning off one of your kidneys and see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:37:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lots of people said gay marriage would never happen.

All it would take are a one or two more constitutional judges, and the right case to challenge it.

The NFA is a fucking poll tax. It needs to be abolished.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lots of people said gay marriage would never happen.

All it would take are a one or two more constitutional judges, and the right case to challenge it.

The NFA is a fucking poll tax. It needs to be abolished.
View Quote
Do you know why NFA is a tax?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:42:01 AM EDT
[#22]
About damn time!

Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:46:29 AM EDT
[#23]
The sooner the libs and conservatives come to terms that they live in a country where most people want their guns and abortions, the sooner they’ll just....deal with it, I guess.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
To discourage, and restrict the ownership of certain types of firearms. Yes. I know why the NFA exists.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:16:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Better tell them to go get all of the abortions they can while they're legal.

We aren't going to ban abortion.
We're just going to pass some common sense abortion control measures.
Nobody wants to ban or confiscate abortion.
Afterall... it's for the children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better tell them to go get all of the abortions they can while they're legal.

We aren't going to ban abortion.
We're just going to pass some common sense abortion control measures.
Nobody wants to ban or confiscate abortion.
Afterall... it's for the children.
That needs to be thrown in the face of every liberal you meet that wants to complain about Kennedy retiring.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:22:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't see a solid 5-4 court flipping roe. Some state outlawed abortion again I assume they'll lose at the trial or appellate level and SC will pass. Only really matters in fly over states and they're effectively outlawing abortion with fake "women's safety regulations" anyway,
View Quote
Probably not Roe, but unless there's absolutely solid evidence that Ruth is stepping down soon, I say we get some NFA shit in front of them ASAP. It's out best, maybe only chance.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:40:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As rational creatures who can reason, there is no good reason for men to stay out of this argument. And consistent with that I think I can judge behavior in battle even if I wasn't there.

The is a rational tradition the West must uphold.
View Quote
Man is not rational. Man is rationalizing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:50:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Your Honorable Justice Thomas, just wait a few more months, in the mean time please just arrainge the cases you would like to hear.  Please start with the stack from the bastard state of Kamifornia, they need to be slapped around a bit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:50:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 6/29/2018 4:50:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The sooner the libs and conservatives come to terms that they live in a country where most people want their guns and abortions, the sooner they’ll just....deal with it, I guess.
View Quote
This.

A politician who came out and said "Guns, Weed, Abortions, and Gay Marriages for everyone who wants one" would win in a landslide.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This.

A politician who came out and said "Guns, Weed, Abortions, and Gay Marriages for everyone who wants one" would win in a landslide.
View Quote
Disagree. That's pretty much the libertarian ticket and they don't win anything.

I wish they would, but it just doesn't work that way, it's way too much freedom for the election buyers to tolerate
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:09:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
To discourage, and restrict the ownership of certain types of firearms. Yes. I know why the NFA exists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not why it exists, but rather why it was passed as a tax rather than just "no MG [etc] ever again".

Because the Courts of the day would have shot down straight-up gun control in a heartbeat, but passing a tax on the interstate transfer of such (and making it illegal to transport one interstate without proof of paying the excise tax) would be easier to get past the judiciary.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:37:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
From god's dick to their ass.
View Quote
are you saying god is a sodomite? that seems kind of extreme even for this board.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:37:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Words cannot describe my love for Clarence Thomas
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Disagree. That's pretty much the libertarian ticket and they don't win anything.

I wish they would, but it just doesn't work that way, it's way too much freedom for the election buyers to tolerate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Well, the Libertarian ticket usually comes with a bunch of other baggage - abolishing the IRS, disbanding most gov't programs, shrinking the federal gov't, extensive privitization, etc.

That's a bit too much of good thing for the average voter.

But - "gun's, weed, abortions, and gays" platform for individuals + a basic moderate, centrist platform for domestic and foreign policy = would win in a landslide.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Do you invite a destitute person into your home, then kill them when you realize they're consuming more than you can provide?
View Quote
Quoted:

That's true. But by that same argument, you can morally kill your six-year-old daughter, too. She does nothing but consume resources.
View Quote
Nope. Not the same.

You can tell a destitute or your six year old (respective arguments) to leave.

Alternatively, you could stop feeding either one, or give the kid up for foster parents.

There's options beyond death for people outside the womb. Even a one day old can be abandoned and live off formula or another person in society.

A fetus in utero does not have those options.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Child abuse under anarchocapitalism is one of the most logical, disturbing things I've read.

Both in the dissection of the overbearing nature of the state and the dark side of absolute freedom.

Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, your first critical error is thinking zygotes are children...
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He has more faith in losing gun control than I do. The same as the Dem's are saying good bye Roe V Wade and others. I look any day now for the Dems to say "There goes Brown V Board of Education".
View Quote
Brown v. Board of Ed is already pretty much done in liberal areas...they have black schools and white schools. White liberals do not want their kids going to school with blacks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so now we are on personal opinion of when a human being is actually human.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This has nothing to do with Roe v Wade. Nevertheless I'll consider the argument.

A landlord can't demand the renter leave right now or die. He has to allow the renter to exit alive. In the case of an unborn child that means allowing birth, then the mother can put the child up for adoption.

You can't even kill trespassers. You can kill intruders in the home, but that on the assumption they are dangerous. If a home intruder proves to not be dangerous you can't kill him, either.
View Quote
Violence free eviction is an option though in your examples.

A landlord doesn't need to kill an occupant for them to leave.

You can't transfer fetus ownership at this point in medical technology.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Abortions should be left to each state; neither opinion should be forced on everyone
View Quote
Medical decisions should be left to a patient and their doctor.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 12:01:59 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm not tired of winning

I'm really getting worried about the winning. I've had a freedom boner for more than 24 hours now and it's not going down!
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm not tired of winning

I'm really getting worried about the winning. I've had a freedom boner for more than 24 hours now and it's not going down!
View Quote
you should see a doctor about that
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top