Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 115
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can the people posting updates, please at least post the County they are in?

There’s been a couple people posting useful stuff, useful, that is, if it had a geographical area associated with it.   I get the desire for persec.  I really do.  But don’t post all that stuff if you're not going to post the County or Zipcode at least.
View Quote
ft pierce, between the inlet and the airport. it looks like frances and jeaanne for the track, and andrew for the k.o.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've had it with hurricanes. To make matters worse, I was injured in an accident. I've completely screwed up my ankle (I'm in PT working to avoid surgery) and my wrist. I've been putting off going to the doc for that because of my ankle. But I know something is really wrong with it.

I can't help putting up the shutters... or taking them down. Hubby can't do it all by himself. They are heavy bastards. If we can't get some of our friends sons to come over, we may have to resort to hiring people I do not want to hire.

I'm not a happy girl right now. I don't do well not be able to do anything.
View Quote
My wife never lifted her head from her phone as i carried sheets of plywood past her
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a long line.

Click date for video.

Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Media doing their usual hyping the shit out of this.  Now screaming cat4.  Not saying it can't happen but.
View Quote
Media gonna media
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's a long line.

Click date for video.

View Quote
GF and I tried to go to CostCo yesterday to pick up something she needed for work and the line looked like that. We turned around.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Checking in from the Tampa area.  Both my fiance and I stopped at two different Publix (St. Pete on Ulmerton near Raymond James HQ and the Tampa Palms store) on the way in to work this morning.  The only thing that looked like they were running short on in both locations was water.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#8]
double post, slow ass site right now
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Great I’m suppose to fly into Orlando Tuesday morning ......
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Double tap
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My wife never lifted her head from her phone as i carried sheets of plywood past her
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had it with hurricanes. To make matters worse, I was injured in an accident. I've completely screwed up my ankle (I'm in PT working to avoid surgery) and my wrist. I've been putting off going to the doc for that because of my ankle. But I know something is really wrong with it.

I can't help putting up the shutters... or taking them down. Hubby can't do it all by himself. They are heavy bastards. If we can't get some of our friends sons to come over, we may have to resort to hiring people I do not want to hire.

I'm not a happy girl right now. I don't do well not be able to do anything.
She was just keeping an eye on the tactical situation. Like a one-woman fusion center!
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where in FL?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone is running around  with their head cut off in hysteria here. Gas stations and stores are swamped.

Lots of new transplants here who never experienced hurricanes and have been scared by the media.
Where in FL?
This is near Jupiter
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#13]
All Publix in CFL are out of water but get more daily. Peopl are going retard already.

Have the UCF game tonight and some golf this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All Publix in CFL are out of water but get more daily. Peopl are going retard already.

View Quote
I have a feeling the storm is going to take a sharp turn north and blow up the coast....I don't know why. That's what seems to usually happen, the projections have not been accurate lately.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#15]
For the life of me I don't understand why people don't stock up on water at the beginning of the season.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#17]
St Lucie here.  Been through every storm since 1993. Not as near as scared yet as I was with Floyd.

I’ll be on duty again for this one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Hasn't changed much since 8am.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's a long line.

Click date for video.

View Quote
Lady in blue didn't want to be filmed.  :)

Their gas line is probably like ours on a daily basis.  8 double pumps with 10-12 cars in each line all day long.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like it moved more south.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Their gas line is probably like ours on a daily basis.  8 double pumps with 10-12 cars in each line all day long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a long line.

Click date for video.

That's why I go at 6AM.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#23]
If anyone is curious to the whereabouts of the NOAA's Hurricane Hunters, use flightradar24 and look for N42RF and N49RF.

Their P-3 (N42RF) "Kermit" is currently in the storm.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm good!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like it moved more south.
View All Quotes
Joe Bastardi thinks the projected path is still too far north. His maps show Miami area as the target but thinks it may slip further south yet.

Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#26]
As of this morning, the Staples on South Florida Ave in Lakeland had 10 pallets of water.
The Winter Garden Lowes is currently out of propane, D batteries and water. There are guys still getting plywood in an orderly fashion.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I went to mine last night (highlands) and it looked like a fema drop zone. Pallets of water everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#29]
The ABC Liquor in Lake City had no lines and 10 bucks off Roku Gin if you bought 2 or more.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The ABC Liquor in Lake City had no lines and 10 bucks off Roku Gin if you bought 2 or more.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Saw a Lowe’s flat bed this morning on 441 heading to Gainesville with about 200 6500 watt generators on board.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Wife is showing signs of post Irma ptsd.

We are like 200 south of where it is suppose to hit and she is very nervous.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My daughter's opinion of Hurricane Dorian.

https://i.imgur.com/Lq04Eze.jpg
View Quote
Gotta love that picture.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
So young, but she already has a: the right attitude and b: multiple long guns.

Put some whiskey in her bottle and she'll be ready to stack looters with the best of 'em.

Also; get tiny, tiny NODs.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have a feeling the storm is going to take a sharp turn north and blow up the coast....I don't know why. That's what seems to usually happen, the projections have not been accurate lately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sheering wind. It's cutting across land.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#37]
because the system slowed down, it's going to get more time to intensify under favorable conditions

Attachment Attached File

this system has been a problem to forecast, because it has been influenced by the movement of high and low pressure systems from the mid conus, eastward, and the strengthening of a ridge of high pressure to the north of the system.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is going to be a meme for a long time to come.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Generators gonna sell out up here of people driving them down trying to make quick cash
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Lots of new arrivals in Florida that arrived in the past couple years who never experienced a hurricane
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I seem to remember someone here that had no gas and was in a panic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The media is really getting everyone in a frenzy over this one. Lots of new arrivals in Florida that arrived in the past couple years who never experienced a hurricane are in complete and utter hysteria.
I seem to remember someone here that had no gas and was in a panic.
I remember they were saying if you don't leave you are going to die...everyone I knew evacuated and I rode it out, and my power didn't even go out

GF loves shopping at Costco so were already stocked up on water and food and got gas
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The media is really getting everyone in a frenzy over this one. Lots of new arrivals in Florida that arrived in the past couple years who never experienced a hurricane are in complete and utter hysteria.
View Quote
It was only last year that we were spared. The two years before that we had plenty of hurricanes (well enough, not plenty).
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone care to guess how many miles this thing is going to travel from 8/31 to 9/1? Looks like a massive jump.

Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Be prepared for the possibility of losing local TV and Radio stations.  We lost pretty much all of them before the eye hit.  It was a couple days before we got any radio stations back.  I could get a station from about 100 miles away, but they had very little information that helped, because in those first couple of days, with no local comms or radio/TV, so little info was getting out.  You may go a couple days without a lot of info.
View Quote
I remember watching Katrina coverage, and knew things must be bad when I wasn't seeing the usual post hurricane footage. Local news was saying it must not have been that bad since there was no coverage from the news sources in the area. Then the reports started to trickle in and people realized how bad things really were.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Academy sports in West Melbourne Brevard County we just got in six pallets of water about 100 gas cans two pallets of the 1 pound propane cylinders and the shit is flying off the shelves faster than we can put it there
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I seriously can't understand how people who live in Florida, or really anywhere there can be a natural disaster, aren't prepared.

My house in Florida has a 10,000w  Honda generator, a 2000w Honda generator and 1500w Honda generator.  We always have multiple cases of water on hand, a 25 gallon tank of gas (for the boats anyways) on hand, plus gas cans.  It all gets cycled through the boats.   Let alone 3 tanks of propane for the grill, charcoal of the Big green egg, etc.

Like this isn't a surprise people.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I filled my last 5-gal gas can with non-ethanol gas 30 mins ago in Largo (Pinellas County).  Two other pickup trucks there filling 4-5 gas cans too.  No real panic or rush yet.
View Quote
I filled my generator's 7 gallon tank this morning, then stumbled on an old, unused 5 gallon gas can in a dark corner of the garage. Picked up 12 more gallons of gas this morning, giving me 27 gallons total. I was out of power for 13 days after Irma, I supposes this one is likely to be even worse
Page / 115
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top