BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, I just got back home from Harbor Freight. I bought a Predator 2000 inverter generator as a supplement to our Generac 6500, and I have a question.

Somewhere lurking deep in GD there is a GIANT generator thread. In that thread, someone posted that you can buy some type of adapter so the
Predator can operate from an external 5 gallon can.

Where can I buy this adapter if anyone knows?

Also, do you like your little Predator 2000? Have you had good service out of it?
View Quote
Here ya go...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Harbor-Freight-Inverter-Generators-NOW-OFFICIAL-BUDGET-GENERATOR-THREAD/5-2032324/
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
the system is most likely going to be a tropical storm, when it hits florida.

the local media are all in hurricane hysteria mode, telling everyone to prepare for the worse

scary stories sell.

I know, some tropical storms cause problems, like ts faye did, but I don't see much from this one, except possible tornados
View Quote
Hurricane hysteria is better than gun control hysteria.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've positioned myself in the storm's path in order to provide early warning to the rest of you... we are now in Abaco in the Bahamas. Winds should arrive Friday night and the main storm be over us by Saturday morning.

Power usually goes out here once a day for an hour or so under sunny conditions, so we'll see how this goes.

Will stick around for a while afterwards should people want aftermath reports...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2/IMG_1597-1069500.jpg
View Quote
the island should shrug off the system with no problems,

get some ear plugs to muffle the noise from the winds, because they might keep you up.

enjoy your stay out there
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've positioned myself in the storm's path in order to provide early warning to the rest of you... we are now in Abaco in the Bahamas. Winds should arrive Friday night and the main storm be over us by Saturday morning.

Power usually goes out here once a day for an hour or so under sunny conditions, so we'll see how this goes.

Will stick around for a while afterwards should people want aftermath reports...

View Quote
Is a live stream asking too much?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
@EdwardAvila

What island are you on?   I go to Green Turtle Cay a lot.  Friends of mine bought my family's old property on Manjack Cay.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you much. Appreciate it.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Hurricane Preparedness Checklist!

This is a decent list of items to have on hand, just in case.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#11]
It's coming right for us!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I suspect power will go out early... with that goes our internet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You actually put yourself in harms way just to protect us? I tip my hat to you, kind sir; and dibs on any optics you may have stashed around the house.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#14]
As long as it stays a TS, I will still fly out Monday morning for Barbados. Assuming my flight doesn't get canceled. If it does, I have a charter as a back up. Hope I don't have to burn that cash though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Stay safe.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Got a secondary evac Plan B like FDC needed last year?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
List is missing guns, ammo, and most importantly:

Hookers & blow
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#19]
That will dump a lot of rain on us
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#20]
In!
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hookers & blow
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hookers & blow
You know I was gonna put the guns, ammo, mags, gun cleaning supplies in there, but I figured someone would post it, and you did.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#22]
WTF are we doing OFFICIAL  Tropic Storm threads for?

It's a thunderstorm, FFS.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
And even a severe thunderstorm would be no joke for us right now. We've been flooded this year with rain, rain, and more rain.

It looks like the leftist freaks were right. Global warming caused all this. I think I'll turn in my man card at this time.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
In fairness, Katrina wasn't shit until it hit the gulf.   Then it was 2 months of me not having running water, power, or communications shit.

Forewarned is forearmed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Man, you just don't get what it's like to live in Florida right now. The flooding for the last few years has been a huge pain in the ass. If we get hit hard by any storm, I will have water in my living room. I'm not even in a flood zone.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#26]
so am I going to die?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry, I don't get it.

In the OBX we all live on pilings.  Dig down 4 feet and you hit water.

Carry on, prep as nescessary.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

In fairness, Katrina wasn't shit until it hit the gulf.   Then it was 2 months of me not having running water, power, or communications shit.

Forewarned is forearmed.
View Quote
Yup, we're prepared 'just in case'. We have 8 40-packs of bottled water, inverter generator, 6500W Generac, 12 5 gallon cans of non-ethanol gas, vehicles tanks are topped off, tons of canned foods, all clothes and linen is washed and dried, guns and ammo,
batteries, and.....well, the list could go on and on, but you know what I'm talking about.

You never know. Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you ever ridden out a real storm there? I'd leave.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Trumps fault yet?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Man, you just don't get what it's like to live in Florida right now. The flooding for the last few years has been a huge pain in the ass. If we get hit hard by any storm, I will have water in my living room. I'm not even in a flood zone.
View Quote
Yup, we are already flooded in my area as well.
Family had a heart attack two streets over last week and they had to fly him out. Couldn’t get ambulance in.

The rest of us talking about the weather looks like this...

Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We're in Treasure Cay, just across the Sea of Abaco from Green Turtle Cay. May be at Manjack tomorrow if the weather permits, or we may head south to Hopetown and Tahiti beach.

I left my hand is a shark's mouth too long 2 years ago just off the north end of Manjack where people feed the stingrays. Being on blood thinners at the time made it a gory scene.
View Quote
I bet the members of arfcom could get a gen set to you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m sitting 93 feet asl here on the hill in Zephyrhills. It’s wet around here but not at my house. I’ll fill up the cars and gas can tomorrow. Already have all the other stuff I need.

Bring it on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We’re in Treasure Cay, just across the Sea of Abaco from Green Turtle Cay. May be at Manjack tomorrow if the weather permits, or we may head south to Hopetown and Tahiti beach.

I left my hand is a shark’s mouth too long 2 years ago just off the north end of Manjack where people feed the stingrays. Being on blood thinners at the time made it a gory scene.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
What island are you on?   I go to Green Turtle Cay a lot.  Friends of mine bought my family's old property on Manjack Cay.
We’re in Treasure Cay, just across the Sea of Abaco from Green Turtle Cay. May be at Manjack tomorrow if the weather permits, or we may head south to Hopetown and Tahiti beach.

I left my hand is a shark’s mouth too long 2 years ago just off the north end of Manjack where people feed the stingrays. Being on blood thinners at the time made it a gory scene.
Bill and Leslie on man jack are friends of mine. Actually they used to work for my family and bill was my grand fathers captain.

If you go there, or plan on it, PM me.  I’ll give you some stories to ask them about.

Super nice people, literally helped shape my outlook on life.

And yes the best diving in the Abacos is around manjack.

Last time I was on their porch:

View from the Bahama house, Green turtle.

We fly into Treasure, then take the Bolo over to green turtle.

We have a boat with Donnie over on green turtle.

@edwardavila
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rental or do you own it?

(Very nice)
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#36]
https://zello.com/

I have set up a Channel for the storm so we can keep in touch with each other just in case

down load the app on a smart phone

the channel name is FL Dorian no password yet but if turns into a shit house I will set one up

Those that know it helped out last year
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I’ll let you know how hard this tropical storm hits the island. It is expected to make landfall tomorrow at about 8 in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’ll let you know how hard this tropical storm hits the island. It is expected to make landfall tomorrow at about 8 in the morning.
View Quote
Fingers crossed and stay as safe as you can.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yup, we're prepared 'just in case'. We have 8 40-packs of bottled water, inverter generator, 6500W Generac, 12 5 gallon cans of non-ethanol gas, vehicles tanks are topped off, tons of canned foods, all clothes and linen is washed and dried, guns and ammo,
batteries, and.....well, the list could go on and on, but you know what I'm talking about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forewarned is forearmed.

My most valuable prep was the 20 cases of Diet Coke that I bought.

This kept me from getting killed in my sleep by my wife.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And even a severe thunderstorm would be no joke for us right now. We've been flooded this year with rain, rain, and more rain.

It looks like the leftist freaks were right. Global warming caused all this. I think I'll turn in my man card at this time.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and all the trees fall over from previous ground saturation.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Forewarned is forearmed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forewarned is forearmed.
Only the gulf spins them up like that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My most valuable prep was the 20 cases of Diet Coke that I bought.

This kept me from getting killed in my sleep by my wife.
View Quote
Smart man, you are. LOL. I just bought a case of Mexican Coke at Sam's yesterday, plus Gatorade, five or six cases, Gatorade powder mix, two big cans of Kool Aid powder, so we're in good shape.

And if nothing serious happens and its just a TS, we can always use what we just bought. No big deal. Oh, I also have $600 cash in my wallet in various denominations. Got to have plenty of cash!!!

Now, as for Katrina, yeah, I felt bad for you guys up there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Storm track average goes over my house. Lovely. Power goes out here at any sign of lightning. Guess I need to take the 12,000 watt generator i bought last year out of the box
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have three big Oak trees I would be worried about, but only one of then could fall on the house.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Stay safe.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forewarned is forearmed.
Tell that to Wilma and Andrew. The gulf stream is always a wildcard.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#49]
3 days, 3 pages, and no one called dupe?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 115
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top