Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Live Stream
2 Cobb County deputies killed in line of duty, sheriff's office says | Live
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So sorry for the loss of friends and their families.
View Quote

My condolences.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers for those officers families, friends, and coworkers…
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This the two Cobb County deputies?
View Quote

yep. standoff now. nice neighborhood it sounds like, not the hood.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Hate hearing this.

Sorry for your friends, OP, and their families.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry, OP.

steviesterno16, keep your head down.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't know the whole story yet. There were no sirens leading up to the shots we heard. Sounded like rifle first, a bunch, then Some pistol. I saw enough to call 911 and report officers down while getting my armor/rifle geared up and my kids in the safe room.

Gave as much detail as I could to dispatch. Other officers arrived quickly and set up perimeter and brought the heavy hitters. It's been about 5 hours now.
View Quote
Gear up and keep your kids safe. I hope they kill that pos quickly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:57:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
whoa
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sorry to hear about your friends, OP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don’t know the whole story yet. There were no sirens leading up to the shots we heard. Sounded like rifle first, a bunch, then Some pistol. I saw enough to call 911 and report officers down while getting my armor/rifle geared up and my kids in the safe room.

Gave as much detail as I could to dispatch. Other officers arrived quickly and set up perimeter and brought the heavy hitters. It’s been about 5 hours now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what's the deal?

I don’t know the whole story yet. There were no sirens leading up to the shots we heard. Sounded like rifle first, a bunch, then Some pistol. I saw enough to call 911 and report officers down while getting my armor/rifle geared up and my kids in the safe room.

Gave as much detail as I could to dispatch. Other officers arrived quickly and set up perimeter and brought the heavy hitters. It’s been about 5 hours now.

Sorry, I was asking about the guy himself.  I misread your earlier reply to say that you knew the guy, but after re-reading it I realize that you said you know who the guy was.  

Damn sad situation any way you parse it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Condolences OP. Not a neighborhood you'd expect to find this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:03:01 AM EDT
[#15]
awful. very sorry.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn. I used to live in nearby until June. Is this off of Irwin?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sorry, I was asking about the guy himself.  I misread your earlier reply to say that you knew the guy, but after re-reading it I realize that you said you know who the guy was.  

Damn sad situation any way you parse it.

View Quote

No I know the bad guy. He’s a close neighbor.  I’m thinking was, based on how mellow everyone seems to be.

We are hunkered down, armored up, and I’m currently wAtching minions with my kids who should have been asleep hours ago and a Sig rattler on my chest.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Hate this, prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Damn. I used to live in nearby until June. Is this off of Irwin?
View Quote

Yup. Right by cheatham hill elementary.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Damn man.  Hope it ends soon, the standoff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#21]
My prayers and condolences.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No I know the bad guy. He's a close neighbor.  I'm thinking was, based on how mellow everyone seems to be.

We are hunkered down, armored up, and I'm currently wAtching minions with my kids who should have been asleep hours ago and a Sig rattler on my chest.
View Quote
Thank you for the context. Glad you and yours are ok.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#23]
That’s horribly sad. I’m sorry for the families and friends of the two officers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s earth shattering to know this stuff happens but see it live. My response was as good as it could have been. We were whisking the kids to safe room in an instant.

Currently they are wheeling in what looks like an armored bobcat. Pretty sure the front of the house is gone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:18:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's earth shattering to know this stuff happens but see it live. My response was as good as it could have been. We were whisking the kids to safe room in an instant.

Currently they are wheeling in what looks like an armored bobcat. Pretty sure the front of the house is gone.
View Quote
Hopefully the front of your neighbors face is gone too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least one surrendered. The commands on the loud speaker were loud and very specific.

We’re trying to keep my kids from seeing any gore but I imagine this place is a zoo at daylight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#27]
dang, sorry to hear OP.. prayers
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#28]
My condolences. Hope they burn the house down around the suspect.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It’s earth shattering to know this stuff happens but see it live. My response was as good as it could have been. We were whisking the kids to safe room in an instant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So many questions I'd like to ask but I'm afraid any answers you'd give would compromise your persec, and I wouldn't ask that of anyone here.  Just glad you and the family are safe, and I hope your kids are young enough that this is nothing more than a faint memory for them in the future.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

At least one surrendered. The commands on the loud speaker were loud and very specific.

We're trying to keep my kids from seeing any gore but I imagine this place is a zoo at daylight.
View Quote
How things change :(
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We’re trying to keep my kids from seeing any gore but I imagine this place is a zoo at daylight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were more than one?    Like a husband and wife, or something else?

I'm afraid the news media swarm come daylight tomorrow will no doubt be a freaking circus.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#32]
RIP, deputies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's a mess.  This is one of those times when "stay safe" is an understatement.  Sounds LE is expecting more gunfire in the coming minutes.

I used to live just a bit down John Ward from you.  If I was still there, I could ninja ingress in with a pizza or something.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Prayers outbound for everyone OP. May they RIP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm sorry. That's horrible.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:46:01 AM EDT
[#37]
I am praying now for you and the families of your friends.

If you are a believer, trust in the fact that the person(s) responsible for this treacherous act will pay.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Fuck dude... Im very sorry.

I hope they catch the peice of shit and break him in two.

RIP Lawmen
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:53:02 AM EDT
[#39]
The livestream  is saying it was a straight ambush. Sheriffs showed up. Rang door no answer. As they were about to drive away another car pulls up and the suspects jump out and opened up on sheriffs  

Warrant was a “failure to appear … theft”

Both Suspects in custody (alive).

Two grown brothers living with mom in house.
Mom wouldn’t help with house layout.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Sorry for your loss and the loss to those families.

Criminals are scumbags, hopefully he never makes it to trial.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No I know the bad guy. He’s a close neighbor.  I’m thinking was, based on how mellow everyone seems to be.

We are hunkered down, armored up, and I’m currently wAtching minions with my kids who should have been asleep hours ago and a Sig rattler on my chest.
View Quote

Any interactions with this shitbag prior to tonight? Like, was it obvious something would pop off with him sooner or later?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:55:48 AM EDT
[#42]
That is horrible.  I am so very sorry.  My condolences to you and their families, and to all that knew them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:58:28 AM EDT
[#43]
What kind of warrant? Arresring a DV? Or to search for FRT/solvent traps of a good citizen? Some in GD had thoughts on the different outcomes for the two general categories those encompass.

My condolences for your loss either way.

Eta: nvm. I see the post above being for theft and it was an ambush. Sounds odd but I am not an expert on such matters. Hope things resolve without more violence and everyone stays safe. Also, seeing it is in your area, OP. Stay safe. Prayers for your family
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What kind of warrant? Arresring a DV? Or to search for FRT/solvent traps of a good citizen? Some in GD had thoughts on the different outcomes for the two general categories those encompass.

View Quote
Obviously not.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#45]
OP- very sorry to hear about this.  It is getting crazier each year it seems.  Do what you can for the families of the two Deputies...

Even basic warrant services can go sideways really fast as this shows.  If someone wants to ambush LE or shoot it out, it is just rolling the dice on who ends up killed.  Hard to be 100% safe, especially when plenty of crooks are out and about when they really should be locked up.  (Or should stay locked up- likely the case here).

As for the neighbor posting- probably pretty safe at this point, if this guy is still alive and tries to move he won’t make it anywhere without being shot.  Hopefully he is already dead- fuck him anyhow.  As a neighbor, your worst danger is a stray bullet thru a wall- get everyone on the far side of the house- typical construction of houses here doesn’t stop most projectiles... Surprised they haven’t talked to you about doing an evacuation.

Just another fucking horrible day in the society we have today.  Damn.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Awful. So sad , condolences to you and their families.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Eta: nvm. I see the post above being for theft and it was an ambush. Sounds odd but I am not an expert on such matters.
View Quote

Warrant for failure to appear and theft by deception. Suppose there was always the non-zero chance it was a J6 or bumpstock warrant in clown world you can't be sure.

RIP to the deputies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The livestream  is saying it was a straight ambush. Sheriffs showed up. Rang door no answer. As they were about to drive away another car pulls up and the suspects jump out and opened up on sheriffs  

Warrant was a “failure to appear … theft”

Both Suspects in custody (alive).

Two grown brothers living with mom in house.
Mom wouldn’t help with house layout.
View Quote

Well shit.  

And mom is still fucking enabling them - what a fucking surprise.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:05:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP- very sorry to hear about this.  It is getting crazier each year it seems.  Do what you can for the families of the two Deputies...

Even basic warrant services can go sideways really fast as this shows.  If someone wants to ambush LE or shoot it out, it is just rolling the dice on who ends up killed.  Hard to be 100% safe, especially when plenty of crooks are out and about when they really should be locked up.  (Or should stay locked up- likely the case here).

As for the neighbor posting- probably pretty safe at this point, if this guy is still alive and tries to move he won’t make it anywhere without being shot.  Hopefully he is already dead- fuck him anyhow.  As a neighbor, your worst danger is a stray bullet thru a wall- get everyone on the far side of the house- typical construction of houses here doesn’t stop most projectiles... Surprised they haven’t talked to you about doing an evacuation.

Just another fucking horrible day in the society we have today.  Damn.
View Quote

It’s over both suspects in custody alive
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#50]
fuck, i’m so sorry for their families and friends.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top