BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:07:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Warrant for failure to appear and theft by deception. Suppose there was always the non-zero chance it was a J6 or bumpstock warrant in clown world you can't be sure.

RIP to the deputies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of warrant? Arresring a DV? Or to search for FRT/solvent traps of a good citizen? Some in GD had thoughts on the different outcomes for the two general categories those encompass.

My condolences for your loss either way.

Eta: nvm. I see the post above being for theft and it was an ambush. Sounds odd but I am not an expert on such matters.

Warrant for failure to appear and theft by deception. Suppose there was always the non-zero chance it was a J6 or bumpstock warrant in clown world you can't be sure.

RIP to the deputies.

I only brought it up because it was so shocking to me. I dont hear many of such situations and a while back I recall reading or hearing some talk on searches in nice neighborhoods, someone eventually being pushed "too far", etc. I was hoping that wasnt the case. As you say, clown world, and if it was a crazy set of events I was curious if anyone would think differently, openly. It isnt important, and I am sorry for detracting from the main subject.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Over. Gonna be a long weekend with reporters and shit. Already spoke to council on responses. GBI is coming but the second time I called 911 they were getting a ton of calls.

Not sure it was planned ambush or they just rolled up as the cops were leaving (my guess).
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Hate that you lost friends. I hurts to lose those you have worked with.  
I was in a similar position a little over a month ago and still can’t believe they are gone.  The ACAB bunch pretty much shot that thread all to hell.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:16:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear all this. Sorry about your friends OP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:16:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Over. Gonna be a long weekend with reporters and shit. Already spoke to council on responses. GBI is coming but the second time I called 911 they were getting a ton of calls.

Not sure it was planned ambush or they just rolled up as the cops were leaving (my guess).
View Quote

Have you conversed with the murdering leaches before?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Have you conversed with the murdering leaches before?
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:29:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Sent…
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm terribly sorry op, our family will keep you all in our prayers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:42:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:42:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Prayers
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]
RIP
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:58:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It’s over both suspects in custody alive
View Quote

That's a damn shame.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:59:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for your loss.  It's been years ago but I had two friends ambushed and killed while assisting several deputies search for a murder suspect.  Several years later I lost two more good friends in an LOD accident, one of them was my classmate and one of my closest friends that I used to hunt, fish, and hang around with.  I saw how everyone grieved differently and there is not right way of feeling - "Normal reaction to an abnormal situation".  I took the loss of my friends severely and have not been able to form or keep friendships since.  I can be friendly with people and get along well with those I work with, but there isn't anyone I hang around with, hunt with, or fish with anymore that is outside my immediate family.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:07:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Prayers for the families for sure. So tragic words just don't cover it. With the insanity of this day and age, maybe the SWAT Team should be doing the serving?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#15]
My condolences.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:46:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:49:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:53:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I am sorry for your losses.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 3:08:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It’s over both suspects in custody alive
View Quote

I hope the State of Georgia brings back Old Sparky and gives those two demons an express ride to Hell.

A shame they didn't get ventilated on the spot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 3:50:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Tragic loss, I hope those scumbags get executed in a public square.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#22]
RIP officers. Sorry for the loss OP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#23]
OP are you starting a fund raiser for their families? Give Send Go is a good idea
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#24]
So sorry.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:38:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The livestream  is saying it was a straight ambush. Sheriffs showed up. Rang door no answer. As they were about to drive away another car pulls up and the suspects jump out and opened up on sheriffs  

Warrant was a “failure to appear … theft”

Both Suspects in custody (alive).

Two grown brothers living with mom in house.
Mom wouldn’t help with house layout.
View Quote

Sounds like Ma Barker alerted her boys who rolled in for the ambush, then she refused to give layout info on the house.
LE needs to grab her phone and see if she called them and give an accessory to murder charge.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#26]
My condolences
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:55:08 AM EDT
[#27]
I haven't been in GD since yesterday, and just heard about this on the news. Sorry for your, and their families, loss.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My neighborhood. I’ve been locked down for 5 hours wearing armor and trying to keep the kids from looking out the window. Mrap tracks through my grass but they are getting the shit out of the bad guy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not far from me and it’s not in the hood either. $500k homes and nicer neighborhoods.

My neighborhood. I’ve been locked down for 5 hours wearing armor and trying to keep the kids from looking out the window. Mrap tracks through my grass but they are getting the shit out of the bad guy

That’s awful. My son lives in that area too. The cancer of Atlanta has spread all throughout the surrounding counties.

My condolences OP. A senseless loss
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I saw that story pop up on the news. Sorry for your loss op.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#30]

ATLANTA -- Two deputies were killed Thursday night while serving a warrant in a suburb near Atlanta and two suspects were in custody, authorities said.

The sheriff's office in Cobb County tweeted initially that two deputies had “died in the line of duty" and that a SWAT team and other law enforcement officers remained at the scene where a suspect was barricaded. It wasn't immediately clear how it was resolved.

Sheriff Craig D. Owens later said the deputies had gotten out of their cars and were talking to the suspects when shots rang out, WSB-TV reported. The two suspected perpetrators were being held at the Cobb County Police Department for questioning, Owens said.

---snip---

Sprawling Cobb County with more than 760,000 people is just northwest of Atlanta and one of Georgia's most populous counties.
View Quote

So very very sad.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Mrap > house
Attachment Attached File

Classic ARF action photo.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#32]
So sorry for your loss, prayers sent to the families.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Theft by deception

Is that something they’d charge a scammer with?   Certainly doesn’t sound like a type of warrant you’d expect to get greeted with this level of resistance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#34]
The new democrat sheriff already has woven gun control into his initial response. Nothing about society or depraved killers.

“We need to do something about these guns on the street so whatever we can do to prevent gun violence as you can see is affecting us here in Cobb and is affecting everyone across the entire United States of America," he said. "We definitely need to do something regarding that.”

ETA: I’ve seen the suspects vehicle around. It’s very distinctive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Thoughts and prayers to your friends and their families.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Thank you everyone, I was able to get a couple of hours of sleep last night. Just still numb to it all. But thank you again everyone. Stay safe
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#37]
RIP deputies
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Saw the thread title and instantly knew.
Sorry man.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Theft by deception

Is that something they’d charge a scammer with?   Certainly doesn’t sound like a type of warrant you’d expect to get greeted with this level of resistance.
View Quote

“Routine warrant”

Sounds like Sovereign Citizen type stuff (no evidence of it).
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
With the insanity of this day and age, maybe the SWAT Team should be doing the serving?
View Quote

There are so many arrest warrants served in a single day it’d be impossible
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the insanity of this day and age, maybe the SWAT Team should be doing the serving?

Yep. Warrant divisions have so many failure to appear warrants on crimes like this they will generally have months backlogs of the person being wanted.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sorry Man. There really aren’t any words.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm sorry to hear that OP. Prayers for the families and their loved ones, in Jesus Name.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Theft by deception

View Quote

Could be.
Also can be as benign as not returning someone’s property and converting it to your own use
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep. Warrant divisions have so many failure to appear warrants on crimes like this they will generally have months backlogs of the person being wanted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far back as 25 years ago we had so many it wasn’t unusual for a person to be issued a summons to court for the first “failure to appear” on a minor charge.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Prayers for all involved and their families.
View Quote

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top