Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ETA: I’ve seen the suspects vehicle around. It’s very distinctive.
View Quote

Silver 3rd gen 4runner with all the stickers on the rear quarter glass and the snorkle?  If so, it's in the driveway on google maps.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Silver 3rd gen 4runner with all the stickers on the rear quarter glass and the snorkle?  If so, it's in the driveway on google maps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETA: I’ve seen the suspects vehicle around. It’s very distinctive.

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Prayers outbound.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]
So sorry for everyone affected by this.  Just terrible.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#5]
From the looks of the house that is a nice neighborhood. Not 'hood' by any stretch.

Man, you just never know. Sorry again, OP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#7]
My condolences, OP
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for your loss OP
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Prayers go out to all who loved them,may they rest in peace.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
From the looks of the house that is a nice neighborhood. Not 'hood' by any stretch.

Man, you just never know. Sorry again, OP.
View Quote

Last officer we had shot here was shot in the “rich” district.   Stuff like this can happen anywhere
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Condolences
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Eta: moved to the other thread, not really appropriate in this one.

Sorry for your loss, OP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#15]
That is terrible.  Truly sorry for your loss and hoping for the best for all families involved.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Damn, dude. Judging by the angle at which those cops are aiming, you are literally NEXT DOOR to the suspcts' house.

I'm glad you and yours are safe. I hope no errant rounds hit your house.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Damn.  I was going to ask you last night if that was the house in question but didn't want to get too specific.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry for your loss, OP.

RIP Deputies.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm so sorry to hear :(
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm sorry man.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Terrible for the families. Imagine getting that call

Sick world we live in.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Damn, dude. Judging by the angle at which those cops are aiming, you are literally NEXT DOOR to the suspcts' house.

I'm glad you and yours are safe. I hope no errant rounds hit your house.
View Quote

Or the pic is from a neighbors window.

But yeah. We were too close for comfort
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#23]
May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Hoping for capital punishment to be performed on the murderers.

And those shitheads really did themselves, turning theft by deception for one into capital murder times two for for both.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#26]
My condolences OP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#27]
RIP
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
RIP.. Sorry for your loss.. Prayers sent... The world is getting darker by the day....
View Quote

And for something so petty.

Sucks so bad.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Or the pic is from a neighbors window.

But yeah. We were too close for comfort
View Quote

And you had interactions with the bastards?

Any indications they'd be capable of such a thing?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry to hear that dude. My condolences. My payers go out to you and their families.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And you had interactions with the bastards?

Any indications they'd be capable of such a thing?
View Quote

Yes I talked to them some. They didn’t do anything weirder than I do, so I doubt it
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#33]
RIP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Prayers for those they left behind. Respect and admiration for the fallen.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Could be.
Also can be as benign as not returning someone’s property and converting it to your own use
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Theft by deception

Is that something they’d charge a scammer with?   Certainly doesn’t sound like a type of warrant you’d expect to get greeted with this level of resistance.

Could be.
Also can be as benign as not returning someone’s property and converting it to your own use

It can often be related to family or business, which is a great way for people to go from zero to insane at the drop of a hat.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#36]
F'n assholes, kill (ambushed) two good men for a lousy theft by deception warrant.

Condolences to the families, friends, and coworkers. Rest in Peace.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Condolences.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It can often be related to family or business, which is a great way for people to go from zero to insane at the drop of a hat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Theft by deception

Is that something they’d charge a scammer with?   Certainly doesn’t sound like a type of warrant you’d expect to get greeted with this level of resistance.

Could be.

If it's the guy that I think it is based off searching public records, this isn't some petty family drama or a minor scam. He appears to be a long-time junkie shitbag.
I'll post it all if the news confirms his identity - I don't want to defame the guy if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If it's the guy that I think it is based off searching public records, this isn't some petty family drama or a minor scam. He appears to be a long-time junkie shitbag.
I'll post it all if the news confirms his identity - I don't want to defame the guy if I'm wrong.
View Quote

No you’re right. It’s chris. Saw his pic in the local news.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So these were relatively minor charges topping a long list of charges over the years?  The kind of person who should have been locked away forever after years of demonstrating an inability to coexist with others?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes it is
View Quote

Already covered
Another member lives next door
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Watched-police-murdered-yesterday-ATL-In-standoff-Next-steps-/75-2583921/
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#42]
I saw that story on the news last night, just a couple counties over.  OP, I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your friends, and hoped this would be resolved less peacefully.  The fact that it did end peacefully is a tribute to the professionalism of those involved.

One of my sons is working towards a career in law enforcement, and this is exactly the sort of thing we worry about.  Best wishes for the safety of our Arfcops and their colleagues.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#43]
That was pretty hard corps, and Atlanta has become like Miami, with stone cold killers. You have my condolences, and I will pray for you and the families involved. But something like that leaves permanent marks, and scars the soul.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So these were relatively minor charges topping a long list of charges over the years?  The kind of person who should have been locked away forever after years of demonstrating an inability to coexist with others?
View Quote
You never know if it's somebody's last straw.  Minor shit to most is end of the world to others in the right circumstance.   Officers killed over a traffic ticket,etc.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Confirmed by 11Alive news:

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/cobb-county-suspect-christopher-cook-court-records/85-cf106ee3-fe02-4812-8402-a082adfb2ac6

Christopher "CJ" James Cook Jr and Chris Golden.

I can't really find anything on Golden, but Cook has been a career junkie shitbag for at least a decade. For some reason, the county Court records don't show the 2022 crimes. They do show a constant string of interactions from 2012 to 2019, though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Cobb county sheriffs office. Right next to atlanta
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry for your and their loss. Atlanta?

Cobb county sheriffs office. Right next to atlanta

I know a few Cobb SO personnel….or I did at one time. sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Confirmed by 11Alive news:

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/cobb-county-suspect-christopher-cook-court-records/85-cf106ee3-fe02-4812-8402-a082adfb2ac6

Christopher "CJ" James Cook Jr and Chris Golden.

I can't really find anything on Golden, but Cook has been a career junkie shitbag for at least a decade. For some reason, the county Court records don't show the 2022 crimes. They do show a constant string of interactions from 2012 to 2019, though.
View Quote

How the fuck did someone with that kind of record find a job at a gun store?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Prayers for you and their families. War can take the best of us.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

How the fuck did someone with that kind of record find a job at a gun store?
View Quote

I found what I believe to be Chris Golden's Facebook page: his instathot sister Hannah Golden is friends with Stacy Cook, the other shooter's mother and the owner of the home.

It's not good: He claims to have worked for FN and several local gun clubs, as well as run a tactical training company. His photos are almost all guns, night vision, and tactical gear.
Also several pics of the white, sticker-covered 4runner thats in the driveway of the house.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I found what I believe to be Chris Golden's Facebook page: his instathot sister Hannah Golden is friends with Stacy Cook, the other shooter's mother and the owner of the home.

It's not good: He claims to have worked for FN and several local gun clubs, as well as run a tactical training company. His photos are almost all guns, night vision, and tactical gear.
Also several pics of the white, sticker-covered 4runner thats in the driveway of the house.
View Quote

Yeah Golden had nice gear. We had talked before when I was looking at getting a Glock milled and he’d said he was more into higher end stuff
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top