Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/2/2019 11:35:55 PM EDT
Somehow I thought we would prevail, even with all the carpetbaggers coming to the state. Austin was lost long ago, but I held out hope that the rural areas would remain the state we know and love.

Now this and I don't care if it's a dupe because I am totally pissed-off.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit! The libs destroy everything.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Feels bad man.

If Texas goes, so does the nation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Bam! Blue. Just like that.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
No idea what this is about, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t involve the whole state.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Who has the back story?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I know a guy willing to drive up to 5 hours to help change their mind op.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I missed something. They are closing because they are broke or someone restricted them from having rifles on their range?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
(Removed --Subnet)
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeahhhhh. NO.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Who exactly told them that?  Their insurance company?  Doesn’t make sense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#11]
(Removed --Subnet)
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know a guy willing to drive up to 5 hours to help change their mind op.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Says who?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm missing the connection to carpetbaggers and/or libs. What's the rest of the story?

In addition to being a shooter, as a small business owner, I'll also say that seriously blows for the owner.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#15]
(Removed --Subnet)
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No idea what this is about, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t involve the whole state.
View Quote
Sounds like it involves political threats of lawsuits like those against the range that opened in Creedmoor a few years back.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#17]
TN, KY, AL, MO, and maybe MS/LA will never fall.

There may be blue spots, but the red runs deep, and it doesn’t care about polls or social media or TV.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Not enough evidence here to concern me.  Any number of reasons for this to have happened on August 26th with no relation to recent events.

Unless there is more to the story....I am listening but so far, just not concerned over one range.  It does suck, but again could be any number of reasons.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Your shit is way overplayed.
View Quote
Texas sucks. Take away the red state benefit from it, and it becomes a shithole blue state. At least Cali has great beaches and mountains, and natural diversity.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
(Removed --Subnet)
View Quote
Just stop man.  Nobody wants to hear you rag on Texas AGAIN.  This is your M.O. and it is played out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
(Removed --Subnet)
View Quote

I'll at least give you credit for having the balls to post your state. That's more than I can say about 87% of GD Texas haters. Now watch your step jumping on the fail train with the rest of the haters.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I missed something. They are closing because they are broke or someone restricted them from having rifles on their range?
View Quote
"Can not financially sustain operations"
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Texas sucks. Take away the red state benefit from it, and it becomes a shithole blue state. At least Cali has great beaches and mountains, and natural diversity.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Texas sucks. Take away the red state benefit from it, and it becomes a shithole blue state. At least Cali has great beaches and mountains, and diversity.
View Quote
Then please don't come here.  You are not particularly invited.  I am sure there is plenty to do in Georgia.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'll at least give you credit for having the balls to post your state. That's more than I can say about 87% of GD Texas haters. Now watch your step jumping on the fail train with the rest of the haters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shithole state.

That is only like his hundredth time to post crap like that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Someone should report him for the troll he is.

@EdAvalancheSr
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh well, businesses fold all the time if they cant pay their overhead.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There may be blue spots, but the red runs deep, and it doesn’t care about polls or social media or TV.
View Quote
I live in KY. Between Looserville and Lexington the State is indeed likely to fall in the next generation. From my experiences in TN, that state will follow KY.

ETA: Closing a range can be done for a number of reasons. A range in Looserville, the only one up until recently, had multiple lawsuites (EPA and such) and had changed owners/names 4 times in the last couple decades. It couldn't handle rifle fire unless you used the range's frangible ammo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There may be blue spots, but the red runs deep, and it doesn't care about polls or social media or TV.
View Quote
You haul enough implants in and they will.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm not surprised.

Maine is gone too.

It's all over next November. I've been saying for a long time. But I think people are starting to see it now. November 2020 will be a disaster. January 2021 will officially be the end.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn, thats one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:48:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Another advantage of having a range on my own property.

I've been to this range and find it hard to believe that safety is a concern.  Must be local politics.  Will be interesting to hear the real reason for their decision.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Time to nut up Texas. Been bigger than everything forever. You gonna take this shit?

Don’t. Mess. With. TEXAS.

WHATS ALL THE WHINING ABOUT?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Then please don't come here.  You are not particularly invited.  I am sure there is plenty to do in Georgia.
View Quote
I've been to Texas. Don't worry, you can keep your (Edit --Subnet. Sigh...I still haven't handed a warning out, but you guys won't quit. Can we maybe keep ethnicity out of this as well? 'Preciate it, y'all! )
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thankfully I've somehow missed them and/or don't pay attention anymore.

Hope you can make it out to the new place soon!
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#38]
This is about a greedy asshole real estate developer who bought adjacent acreage, not about politics.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:50:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Everything falls eventually.

And 4-6 states isn't enough to hold off the blue.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Another advantage of having a range on my own property.

I've been to this range and find it hard to believe that safety is a concern.  Must be local politics.  Will be interesting to hear the real reason for their decision.
View Quote
WilCo is a bit Constitutionally challenged...
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've been to Texas. Don't worry, you can keep your Mexas.
View Quote
Sounds good to me.  I just wonder why you have to chime in with an attempt to elicit a negative response....that is called trolling doncha know?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Need some context and more info, but sure sounds like gun folks getting fucked from then OP
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thankfully I've somehow missed them and/or don't pay attention anymore.

Hope you can make it out to the new place soon!
View Quote
On the list brother.  I can't wait!
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#44]
What the hell is going on with the selective Mod editing?

I didn’t violate anything.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#45]
That's fucked up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Here's the range. There's no hills or mountains for a backstop. It was only a matter of time.

Best of The West Shooting Range
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe but Nashville growing so much and Amazon moving into Nashville concerns me for Tennessee. It might take 20 years but I can see the early signs.

The country is just going blue period.

And even for the few states that may never, it won't matter once they have enough states they will steamroll the rest with federal oppression.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Need some context and more info, but sure sounds like gun folks getting fucked from then OP
View Quote
Developer said projo's were landing on his property down range. Anyone have a google view of the area?
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Beaches? Yeah. Have those. White sand and blue water beaches? Yeah we got those too. Mountains. Yep. Got those, vast majority untouched too. We got canyons, grassy plains, thick forests, and swampland. Awesome economy. Lots of jobs. We’re slowly strengthening our gun laws; part time legislature and all. Private property rights are pretty awesome.

But yeah. It sucks. Stay where you are. We don’t need that negative ass attitude.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not enough evidence here to concern me.  Any number of reasons for this to have happened on August 26th with no relation to recent events.

Unless there is more to the story....I am listening but so far, just not concerned over one range.  It does suck, but again could be any number of reasons.
View Quote
Glad you're not concerned about one range. Unfortunately that's how they close them, one range at a time. How many public 1000 yard ranges are there in Texas? How many tactical ranges that allow FA? Because there is now one less.

Never said it was related to recent events.

TLDR: Lawyer/developer buys surrounding land, claims range is a safety hazard. Owners build new berms, offer to correct any issues. Doesn't do any good.

For those who can't connect the dots concerning the massive influx of Leftists to the state and their effect on our culture, then just keep thinking your happy thoughts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top