Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:19:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ummmm, take away the red state benefit of Georgia, and what does it become?  A blue state shit hole   You really don't think before you post, do you?
View Quote
Washington State is blue, but I don't hate it. It's probably of of the most beautiful states. Too bad it was ruined by liberals.

Georgia sucks even with GOP here. Remember, they're the ones that raised taxes in GA, and screwed us for years.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Developers do this shit all the time.

It is about money, and nothing else.

It sucks balls, but the money will win every time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who has the back story?
View Quote
Looks like it was a result of this

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to my world of shit.

My closest rifle range (15-20 minutes away) closed several years ago but recently reopened for trap, skeet and .22 LR only. The rifle and pistol ranges are still under construction (rebuild.) The range faces a high hill and apparently, some woman found a bullet in her back yard on the other side of the hill maybe 1/2 mile away. I've been waiting for years for them to reopen.

The next closest rifle range was 45 minutes away and it closed for good maybe 7-8 years ago.

There's still one rifle range open but it's 1.5 hours away in light traffic. It's located in SJW central and I worry about being seen shooting an AR there.

CA-DOJ photographs and follows AR-15 shooters home. They've done it to me and I confronted one (unarmed.) Still, maybe not a smart idea but I was pissed.

Total shit show.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:25:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Same is happening to a range out in League City. They’ve been there for years and suddenly homes start developing. Now people are bitching about boollits hitting their roofs. But no one can produce any proof.

I’ve shot there. While the berms aren’t tall, it would take purpose to land something on a roof.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#6]
They need a bunch of these to put the entire range underground.

Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Same is happening to a range out in League City. They’ve been there for years and suddenly homes start developing. Now people are bitching about boollits hitting their roofs. But no one can produce any proof.

I’ve shot there. While the berms aren’t tall, it would take purpose to land something on a roof.
View Quote
My local range is Carter’s Country in Spring. They closed their 200 yard range because of homes being built behind an existing long established shooting range. They had to upgrade their berms at all ranges.

You can still find bullet holes in the tin roof over the firing line.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe the OP is correct.  Texas is at least purple, turning blue.

They’re messing with Texas, and Texans ain’t doing shit about it.

It was a cool slogan though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
What the fuck is EST?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
TN, KY, AL, MO, and maybe MS/LA will never fall.

There may be blue spots, but the red runs deep, and it doesn’t care about polls or social media or TV.
View Quote
Missouri recently passed a Constitutional  Amendment  (cleverly called "Clean Missouri") which writes gerrymandering into our State Constitution.  They say it's to make it more fair... but the bill was pushed by corrupt former AG Eric Holder and RINOs.  Missouri  may fall, and we have 2 big ass cities and 3 smaller liberal college cities to thank.
I hope I'm wrong,  and in a bad scenario we get a chance to scrap our current State Constitution in a few years (I dont recall when, but I think around 2025).  It goes both ways, though - we can keep the flawed version we have, or gamble and see what we get.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Estonia, lol.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#12]
If the range has to close, lease the land to a hog farmer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My local range is Carter’s Country in Spring. They closed their 200 yard range because of homes being built behind an existing long established shooting range. They had to upgrade their berms at all ranges.

You can still find bullet holes in the tin roof over the firing line.
View Quote
I stopped looking straight up and down at firing lines. Scares me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:35:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What the fuck is EST?
View Quote
Example of Some Troll?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Some developer tried to basically steal one of the roads owned by my range.  So a sort of town hall was convened nearby at a local church to discuss the matter.  A large gathering of angry range members showed up and confronted him and that was the end of the matter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah. No. Go stick you head back in Estonian politics.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:38:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is about a greedy asshole real estate developer who bought adjacent acreage, not about politics.
View Quote
Yep. Hard to get the maximum profit selling residential lots downrange. Sounds like the range needs a much taller berm.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:38:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Estonia, lol.
View Quote
Ha! So some Soviet scumbag is hacking on Texas?

Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:39:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
(Removed --Subnet)
View Quote
would it be asking too much to post why the posts are being removed? there's a bunch gone from this thread, without giving the rest of us a chance to know what is being done incorrectly, and possibly repeated.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Everything falls eventually.

And 4-6 states isn't enough to hold off the blue.
View Quote
But, if just one big blue state lost its electoral votes, House and Senate seats we'd be safe for a few generations.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:41:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Estonia, lol.

You see, that’s always been the problem with Texans - they talk tough, full of southern pride that they themselves had nothing to do with... (yay remember the Alamo... that their ancestors fought)  but they have cool slogans, while Mexicans and fucked up Cali progressives just walk in and take over their cities one by one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Estonia, lol.

Apparently..
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:42:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Time to nut up Texas. Been bigger than everything forever. You gonna take this shit?

Don’t. Mess. With. TEXAS.

WHATS ALL THE WHINING ABOUT?
View Quote
The problem is not with Texans. The problem is the invading locusts that vote like they did in the old digs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:46:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If the range has to close, lease the land to a hog farmer.
View Quote
Yes.
BBQ U.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:47:24 AM EDT
[#27]
HOW THE FUCK DO TEXANS....LOSE TEAXAS?  
All hat or what?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#28]
The left is the reason no culture can have nice things.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:47:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Washington State is blue, but I don't hate it. It's probably of of the most beautiful states. Too bad it was ruined by liberals.

Georgia sucks even with GOP here. Remember, they're the ones that raised taxes in GA, and screwed us for years.
View Quote
Yes and no.  Seattle runs things, but the East is still pissed, and things aren’t over.  Some of the laws are still permissive, especially compared to CA and the East Coast.  Even if Texas (heaven forbid) goes blue, it ain’t over.  It’s never over.  And Texans aren’t known for rolling over and giving up.  You can’t win every fight (like this one), but that doesn’t mean you give up.

Someone should turn the range into a hog farm, just to spite that developer bastard.  Few things more noxious I know of (not the pigs, the, ah, effluent).

EDIT: Damn, beat.  Still, great minds think alike!
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sure. Don't try and illicit a negative response from other members by calling somebody's state a shithole, or by calling it "Mexas", etc. It's not helpful, and all it does is get people needlessly yelling at each other. I'm also removing personal attacks to save people from themselves.

Now...can we PLEASE get back to our regularly scheduled thread?
View Quote
Subnet, when do you think the moderator honeymoon will end? Are you enjoying this?

Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
All hat or what?
View Quote
New MEXICO says what?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Some developer tried to basically steal one of the roads owned by my range.  So a sort of town hall was convened nearby at a local church to discuss the matter.  A large gathering of angry range members showed up and confronted him and that was the end of the matter.
View Quote
He sounds a little stupid anyway..
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Glad you're not concerned about one range. Unfortunately that's how they close them, one range at a time. How many public 1000 yard ranges are there in Texas? How many tactical ranges that allow FA? Because there is now one less.

Never said it was related to recent events.

TLDR: Lawyer/developer buys surrounding land, claims range is a safety hazard. Owners build new berms, offer to correct any issues. Doesn't do any good.

For those who can't connect the dots concerning the massive influx of Leftists to the state and their effect on our culture, then just keep thinking your happy thoughts.
View Quote
It’s only going to continue. Sadly, TX is circling the bowl.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
All hat or what?
View Quote
I have yet to find a Teaxas let alone lose one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The left is the reason no culture can have nice things.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm also removing personal attacks to save people from themselves.
View Quote
Don't do that. You are a moderator not their mother. Let them split S into the ground if they choose.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There may be blue spots, but the red runs deep, and it doesn’t care about polls or social media or TV.

Yep. My state is one enumerated in that list. Our electoral college votes don't even matter. Neither do our primary votes.  The "big four" get us POTUS. It was two against two for the longest, but "our two" (Texas and Florida) are down for the count. The loss of those two will be death of the BOR. Stack on the rampant and unchecked vote fraud in the last thirty years. Trump will be the last to even mention some concern about the 2A. Going on his current track record....well do the simple math. I see a signed AWB2 soon, regardless of who sits in the White House.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Something similar has happened at the Carson City NV. shooting range. I wonder if this is some kind of a plan to shut down ranges .
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:02:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Estonia, lol.

Don't say that. Research the Forest Brothers. Estonians hated the Soviet commie scum.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:04:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Glad you're not concerned about one range. Unfortunately that's how they close them, one range at a time. How many public 1000 yard ranges are there in Texas? How many tactical ranges that allow FA? Because there is now one less.

Never said it was related to recent events.

TLDR: Lawyer/developer buys surrounding land, claims range is a safety hazard. Owners build new berms, offer to correct any issues. Doesn't do any good.

For those who can't connect the dots concerning the massive influx of Leftists to the state and their effect on our culture, then just keep thinking your happy thoughts.
View Quote
Correlation doesn't equal causation. Elevated crime rates are caused by cold weather?

I'm still not sure how asshole lawyer/developer setting their sites on a gun range = Texas has fallen. There are conservative asshole land developers and lawyers too.

I have a city ordnance against dogs on my patio. If I kindly inform a guest that their dog isn't allowed on the patio and they decide to take their business elsewhere, what does that make me for protecting myself against headaches and fines and getting on a city shit list I don't want to be on? What does that make the city for having that ordnance?

If my ENTIRE business model is centered around serving guests with dogs on my patio, then I'm probably screwed. Maybe I didn't do my homework, maybe the city ordnance changed after I opened my business or maybe I spend all my legal budget on strippers and coke. That's why myself and a few others have said we'd like the rest of the story before we grab our torches and pitchforks.

I guess in addition to learning who has Texas living rent free in their head (damn, that should be a country song title!), we also learn who has zero knowledge of how small to medium sized businesses are run. Small businesses run pretty tight margins and if some asshole with deep pockets sets his lawyers on you, there's not much you can do about it without outside help. See Test Case A entitled: "We Didn't Say We Refused To Bake a Cake for a Homosexual Couple, We Said We Refuse To Bake a Cake for an Asshole Attention Seeking Couple Looking to Make a Buck."

Either way, whatever state you live in (or lives in you), we can all agree this sucks and doesn't move our cause/hobby/lifestyle/career forward.  Not sure why Texas or anything else had to be brought into the conversation. All that did was detract from the main point. Unless, of course this whole thread was about Texas and not about the range shutting down.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What the fuck is EST?
View Quote
A Russian suburb.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:07:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yep. My state is one enumerated in that list. Our electoral college votes don't even matter. Neither do our primary votes.  The "big four" get us POTUS. It was two against two for the longest, but "our two" (Texas and Florida) are down for the count. The loss of those two will be death of the BOR. Stack on the rampant and unchecked vote fraud in the last thirty years. Trump will be the last to even mention some concern about the 2A. Going on his current track record....well do the simple math. I see a signed AWB2 soon, regardless of who sits in the White House.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't be very popular for some and that's for sure.
About at least 50,000,000 anyway.
Maybe more when some began to see the error of their ways.
Affectionately..
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#43]
This was THE central Texas gun range as far as I’m concerned. Massive tactical bays you could rent out. Fuck it was fine

FUCK FUCKING FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK UOU FCUCKING CUNTS.

Goddammit. What’s the cmfucking point of fucking having guns if you can only use them in ferocislub loud steal bunkers. Fuck reds. Fuck these fucking carpetbagging cunts.

Austin is close to being dead to me.

“Best of the west” days was one of my favorite times all year bar none!
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:15:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I think if we learn the name of said developer and do a little research into their contacts in the area...this story will get interesting rather quickly.  BotW has a large amount of increasingly-desirable property that would be *killer* for a new subdivision along 29 like so many others.

Hopefully they do the smart thing, and sell out instead of trying to fight the inevitable.  They can use the money to build a new range out on the frontier, instead of trying to outmaneuver local developers & politicians that plainly & simply want them dead so they can steal the land.

A small part of me says 'fuck those guys' though, because an RO bitched at me for shooting a five-seven pistol at their paper targets "too rapidly to be safe" (3" @ 10yds) and then for confirming zero for my 9mm Hotchkiss Universal SMG semi-auto on the pistol 25 (instead of the rifle 100) because "the berm isn't rated for rifles" .  I suppose they preferred I shoot at a target I could possibly miss by multiple yards if my welds had warped slightly.  Very nice facility, though; was probably a lot cooler years ago.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:16:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yes. Several ranges in fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas has mountains? Off to google..
Yes. Several ranges in fact.
I was raised in Texas and got to travel over most of the state. Closest things to mountains I ever saw was the hill country. I walked up the biggest one I knew of. It was just east of Bandera proper. A knob called Polly's Peak. We owned a spot just east of it.  I don't recall getting winded. But then again, I was only 12.  I also conquered Enchanted Rock.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Have some good memories of that place with friends and my wife. I attended the last LaRue Range Day that was held there. Sad.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Sad to loose a range.  Best of the West was a pretty good one.

Urban ranges are a challenge.  If you are far enough out to not have to worry about neighbors, you risk not having customers.  if you have a great location, you are probably going to have neighbor problems.  Indoor ranges are great for pistols - but I have yet to see a 1000 yard indoor range.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#49]
A shame. I remember shooting the LaRue 3Gun there on possibly the windiest match day ever.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve never heard anyone say that.

It’s our anti littering campaign slogan.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top