Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/30/2020 9:52:22 AM EDT
There was less of a selection to choose from and as a man, you just needed to find a  gal that was good at running the butter churn. If she could run the butter churn without using her hands then that was a bonus!

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Back when I was a lad it was much easier.

You hit them over the head with your club and dragged them off to your cave.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, they all looked the same in those big hoopy dresses. On your wedding night you unwrapped it and found out what you got; wonky tits, flat ass, unexpected penis. You just had to learn to be happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Back when I was a lad it was much easier.

You hit them over the head with your club and dragged them off to your cave.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#7]
@Naamah

Keep that stuff over in BOTD or at least put up a NSFW.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Naamah

Keep that stuff over in BOTD or at least put up a NSFW.

View Quote

TA-DA!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#10]
It's one of the reasons keeping up the family bible was so important.....Inbreeding was a real thing when you were limited by how far your horse could take you.

It was no joke when it was a three day trip just to the gunsmith.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I dated in the 90s- early 00s then again from 09-13.

It was massively easier the second go around, different poon every night without even trying.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#12]
No it's even worse, you actually were forced into marriage by your peers. I bet many of the older divorcees here felt that pressure too back in the past. That's one thing about the past that I'm glad is gone, societal pressure to have your own family and kids was immense.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I would take that shit over the clusterfuck we call modern society any day of the week .
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#14]
No sootikins for me please.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, they all looked the same in those big hoopy dresses. On your wedding night you unwrapped it and found out what you got; wonky tits, flat ass, unexpected penis. You just had to learn to be happy with it.
View Quote

I don't know why, but that just cracked me up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Plus if she gets to be a bother, you just bash her head in and tell everyone she got a fever or pox or something. Bury her on the farm, then uproot the kids, push a little further west, and no one's the wiser.

What?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I love incel threads
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't know why, but that just cracked me up.
View Quote

The Pickle Surprise is always hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#21]
“Grandfather, I have a white wife.“

“You do? That's interesting. Does she cook and does she work hard?“

“Yes, Grandfather.”

“That surprises me. And does she show pleasant enthusiasm when you mount her?“

“Well sure, Grandfather.“

“That surprises me even more!”

“I tried one of them once, but she didn't show any enthusiasm at all...”

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Pro:

Pre-feminist era.  I'm ok w/equalwork and equal pay, but feminazism carries feminism too far.
Everybody had their role in society & understood it.  In an agricultural society, men and women needed each other.  There were too many tasks for one person of either sex.
Didn't work b/c you're lazy - you starved.  No f*cking handouts.
No income tax or family courts.
No media brainwashing on the scale we have today
Everything was sustainable (what's a blackout?)

Cons:

No penicillin
No x-ray
No sulphur drugs
Mercury used to treat syphyllis
No prophylatics - you deposit and got a return.
Dentistry was medieval
Yellow journalism (Remember the Maine - we later learned she blew herself up).  Even before that, newspapers in antebellum era, broadsides before the American Revolution

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Back in those days unless a woman was wealthy she probably only took a couple of baths a year, never shaved her legs, used a corncob to wipe her ass, had bad teeth and stunk to high heaven.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Half the guys here can't undo a bra with both hands and a swiss army knife.    Have you seen the shit you would have to get through to release the titties in the 19th century?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
“Grandfather, I have a white wife.“

“You do? That's interesting. Does she cook and does she work hard?“

“Yes, Grandfather.”

“That surprises me. And does she show pleasant enthusiasm when you mount her?“

“Well sure, Grandfather.“

“That surprises me even more!”

“I tried one of them once, but she didn't show any enthusiasm at all...”

View Quote

Lol I love that movie
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Pro:

Pre-feminist era.  I'm ok w/equalwork and equal pay, but feminazism carries feminism too far.
Everybody had their role in society & understood it.  In an agricultural society, men and women needed each other.  There were too many tasks for one person of either sex.

Cons:

No penicillin
No x-ray
No sulphur drugs
Dentistry was medieval
Yellow journalism (Remember the Maine - we later learned she blew herself up).  Even before that, newspapers in antebellum era, broadsides before the American Revolution

View Quote

Pro: Wife "disappears"? Blame it on the rowdy natives.

"Hey Bob, where's your wife."
"Uhhh....Indian raid got her. Yeah, that's the ticket, Indian raid."
"Say no more."
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

"Say no more."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pro:

Cons:

No penicillin
No x-ray
No sulphur drugs
Dentistry was medieval

"Say no more."

And some poor ancestor of mine has her thrown over his horse, rolling his eyes.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#29]
BTW, I remember reading about lonely men posting an ad in the newspapers on the East Coast asking for a woman as a  wife.  The woman would write back and a courtship would ensue.  Marriage would be agreed upon sight unseen and she'd hop a train and then a stage to meet him and they were married when she arrived.  There was a practical reason for marriage for both sexes.  

Much of that (meaning the pratical purpose) is gone nowadays.  Modernization makes life easier.  Washing machines, dishwashers (or paperplates), premade food (like butter that doesn't need to be churned, milk in boxes or bags), laundrymats, microwave ovens, take-out food.  More leisure time.

It has come at a cost.  Less compelling need for one another in a less agricultural society.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Is that Christopher Walken on the right?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

"Say no more."
View Quote

Murder was easier too.  No body, no crime.  

Many whites who were captured and  adopted instead of being killed became very fond of the Indians' way of life.   They actually cried when compelled to return to white civilizaiton.  Read about that following the resolution of Pontiac's Rebellion  (1763).   BTW, some Indians had a ceremony that was close to baptism where they'd dunk the person to be adopted  in the water and washed away the white (or other tribe) blood and emerged as a member of the tribe.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/de/f2/30/def2300b00cf5d512346aadec38df2f9.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pro:

Cons:

No penicillin
No x-ray
No sulphur drugs
Dentistry was medieval

"Say no more."

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/de/f2/30/def2300b00cf5d512346aadec38df2f9.gif

I like to think the treaty negotiations went something like this:

General Whiteguy: So it's agreed, you can have the reservation, occasional food shipments, and...
Chief Redman: Stop. What about the white women?
General Whiteguy: Nope, they're your problem now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Many whites who were captured and  adopted instead of being killed became very fond of the Indians' way of life.   They actually cried when compelled to return to white civilizaiton.  Read about that following the resolution of Pontiac's Rebellion  (1763).   BTW, some Indians had a ceremony that was close to baptism where they'd dunk the person to be adopted  in the water and washed away the white (or other tribe) blood and emerged as a member of the tribe.
View Quote

Olive Oatman was apparently compelled to be repatriated, according to this video.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Can you imagine? Because I can.

I could have never, ever married not having seen my future wife naked first - and inspected her carefully.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Say no more."

There was actually a lot of that on the frontier during the Colonial Era. The farther one got from Boston, NY, Philly, or Charleston, the more the line between white and red blurred as both sides culturally appropriated and traded and intermarried.

There was a bit of a sticking point after the end of the French Indian War because the terms of the treaties involved returning captured whites back to white civilization and captured Indians back to their tribes. But a lot of the whites were captured as children or were adults who just decided they liked living as an Indian better than British society. And what do you do with Indians who had been brought up in Colonial society or the tirbe that they once belonged to was no longer in that area?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pro:

Cons:

No penicillin
No x-ray
No sulphur drugs
Dentistry was medieval

View Quote

No prophylactics? Pretty sure anal was quite a thing to prevent pregnancy. That or pullout.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
BTW, I remember reading about lonely men posting an ad in the newspapers on the East Coast asking for a woman as a  wife.  The woman would write back and a courtship would ensue.  Marriage would be agreed upon sight unseen and she'd hop a train and then a stage to meet him and they were married when she arrived.  There was a practical reason for marriage for both sexes.  

Much of that (meaning the pratical purpose) is gone nowadays.  Modernization makes life easier.  Washing machines, dishwashers (or paperplates), premade food (like butter that doesn't need to be churned, milk in boxes or bags), laundrymats, microwave ovens, take-out food.  More leisure time.

It has come at a cost.  Less compelling need for one another in a less agricultural society.
View Quote

People call the closer we get to destruction...progress.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#40]
I'd find me an indian girl (feather not dot)

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#41]
I can only assume there was a lot less oral on the menu back then.  eatin ass was def off the table
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I can only assume there was a lot less oral on the menu back then.  eatin ass was def off the table
View Quote

People being people, they liked being clean too. They might have taken an honest-to-God bath once a week, but they would have had whore's baths and used perfumes and flowers and changed their clothes and brushed their teeth.

Oral might not have been discussed like plain vanilla missionary position sex was, but it was there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/63/b5/5b/63b55b9846cef3ec0d4a3680e7d53cac.jpg
View Quote

Thats the native american girl you want

This is the native american girl you actually get

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#44]
19th century hygiene? Hard no.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Oh god no....plenty of inbreeding back where I grew up prior to the Texans coming over when we found oil.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
With features like that she was more likely Metis or some mixed heritage
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
She looks like a mix.  I married a french&indian mix. (no pix, perverts!)
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#49]
To be fair on the 19th century hygiene, both of you stunk the same unless you had a river to bathe in next to the house, but if we got time traveled back to that era, you bet your ass I'm going to design a way to keep running water and a way to heat it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top