Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I forgot the part where millennials signed this country up for a 20 year war
View Quote

Damn these millennials. They've been fucking us for decades!
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I guess I forgot the part where millennials signed this country up for a 20 year war
View Quote

Yup.

Well if it isn't Mike Honcho himself!
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Everyone please stop playing to divide et impera.  The decline began before any of us were born and started in 1913 under Woody Wilson.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep. It is the new way of doing things. Blame everyone but yourself for the crappy situation you are in.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Everyone please stop playing to divide et impera.  The decline began before any of us were born and started in 1913 under Woody Wilson.
View Quote

It started with Lincoln and his tyrannical abuse of power
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#6]
The trophy kids go to work

I, unfortunately, was blindsided by an archetypal millennial hire and learned the hard way what some in this generation were like and what they expected.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Ahh, nothing like a generational piss and shit flinging match to go with my morning coffee.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I, unfortunately, was blindsided by an archetypal millennial hire and learned the hard way what some in this generation were like and what they expected.  Ugh.
View Quote

That is such a poorly written boomer fantasy hit piece lol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's makes you a borderline millennial/ genx raised with a much more GenX bias, like me. We played outside everyday until the street lights came on and can remember a life with no internet and no cellphones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 40, so I don't know where that puts me, but this. Lots of parents trying to be their kids' friends rather than teaching them how life works. Thus, creating little, entitled shitheads.

That's makes you a borderline millennial/ genx raised with a much more GenX bias, like me. We played outside everyday until the street lights came on and can remember a life with no internet and no cellphones.
I'm 42 so that puts me at the very tail end of Gen-X which I believe is the best time to have been raised. Like mention, we played outside everyday, sometime even past when the streetlights came on, no cell phones, no social media, no internet. But we are also tech savvy enough to have been able to learn those things so that we are not like the "boomers with puters".
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup.

Well if it isn't Mike Honcho himself!
View Quote

It’s shake and bake time! Damn the torpedoes!
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#11]
This is a fucking stupid argument.

Leftists ruined the country.  Boomer leftists raised GenX leftists who raised millennial leftists and so on.

Lay the blame where it belongs.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#12]
And this, gentlemen and women, is how you get nearly 50,000 posts in GD.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As if any of us fucking asked for a participation trophy

Hint, it was the boomer parents of millennials who started that shit because THEY were asshurt about never earning one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

No they just fought in it.

OP is whining about millennials whining.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#15]
"blah blah it's their parents fault blah"

NO, it's THEIR fault. I know plenty of people that had shit parents and a shit upbringing. They didn't use that as an excuse to continue living a shitty life.

If you're having problems, 99.9% of the time you either made them or you can solve them.

Personal responsibility is personal.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hint, it was the boomer parents of millennials who started that shit because THEY were asshurt about never earning one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boomers get so butthurt when younger people can do everything they can do, but better and faster. A lot of them pretend time has stopped.

I see this in oil threads in GD.  “I change muh oil every 3000 miles! This new fangled oil is bullshit without the good ol zinc!”

I proceed to break down everything that has improved. Why it’s better and why you can go the oem recommended drain intervals or longer.

“You don’t know shit you young punk!”

Okay pal.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#17]
So it is millennials fault to voting for a Boomer?  But it isn't the Boomers fault for being in power and fucking things up?  Oh that makes sense

So boomers are taking responsibility?  Oh no, they are blaming millennials for allowing them to fuck stuff up.  It is all the millennials fault for what the boomers did
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Buck you usually make good threads but this is not one of those times lmao.

0/10 do not recommend
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#19]
What year you were born is about the most irrelevant topic I can imagine.  I decide what I think of people based on their value system and character.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So it is millennials fault to voting for a Boomer?  But it isn't the Boomers fault for being in power and fucking things up?  Oh that makes sense

So boomers are taking responsibility?  Oh no, they are blaming millennials for allowing them to fuck stuff up.  It is all the millennials fault for what the boomers did
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

The best part is that he blames them for voting for the boomer that lied to them, but the alternative was a different boomer that would have lied to them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Boomers have ruined pretty much everything. Look at the state of this nation which is pretty much run by boomers who should be in homes.
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Get a hair cut and get a real job.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Boomers get so butthurt when younger people can do everything they can do, but better and faster. A lot of them pretend time has stopped.

I see this in oil threads in GD.  "I change muh oil every 3000 miles! This new fangled oil is bullshit without the good ol zinc!"

I proceed to break down everything that has improved. Why it's better and why you can go the oem recommended drain intervals or longer.

"You don't know shit you young punk!"

Okay pal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see this in oil threads in GD.  "I change muh oil every 3000 miles! This new fangled oil is bullshit without the good ol zinc!"

I proceed to break down everything that has improved. Why it's better and why you can go the oem recommended drain intervals or longer.

"You don't know shit you young punk!"

Okay pal.
Those are always such painful threads for me. I don't know how you continue to contribute to them without just drinking yourself into a blacked out rage lol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Millennials are a shit generation because they had shit parents
View Quote
Millennials are a shit generation because we got bombarded with propaganda and woe is me style thinking from age fucking 2.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I’ve never met a boomer that was willing to accept their fault In ANYTHING. millennials aren’t much better, but the whole generation has been indoctrinated by Marxist boomers in the school system, media and politics since the day they were born.
View Quote

I didn't have shit parents.  So your generalization is about the entire generation is wrong.  

Yes, there is a millennial barista stereotype for a reason.  Yet most of the operations department where I work is now staffed almost entirely by millennials and zoomers.  It's a 24/7 plant and we work rotating shifts.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#27]
My generation (I'm right on the edge timeline wise) has a shitload of issues, no doubt.

Your argument handily falls apart when your "how did we get here" thesis is taken even further back.

Who put Clinton and the CoC captured Rinos in office and accelerated off-shoring and globalization?

No matter what tidbits are plucked, it all comes back to the economy. Job market, globalization and government overreach.

Now, to be fair, essentially every generation has voted for or allowed their reps to vote for a bigger and bigger nanny state. Allow that trend to continue from FDR on and there wasn't much of a chance of recovery.

They also unleashed the internet. So you can thank dual income boomer families with TV and internet as babysitters for everything from furries to Twitter mobs.

All in all, boomers are pretty cool with me. They had a good run during a golden age. Just wish they would have voted less selfishly. What's done is done.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Boomers have ruined pretty much everything. Look at the state of this nation which is pretty much run by boomers who should be in homes.
View Quote

Yeah, it was the silent generation and the greatest generation that build the backbone of western civilization, the boomers rode that wave and just let it all rot. Look at what the Boomer inherited vs what millennials will?  Fucked up oligarchy for a government, high taxes, low wages, a faction of the economic opportunity, a planet covered in garbage....
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is a fucking stupid argument.

Leftists ruined the country.  Boomer leftists raised GenX leftists who raised millennial leftists and so on.

Lay the blame where it belongs.

View Quote

That's would be too easy for the ignorant cry babies that post in these threads.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2008

2008. Yes, 18-29 (would be millennials maybe late Gen X in 2008) turned out higher for Obama. However, combined more Gen x / boomer / greatest generation voted for him.  By a lot. Only 18% of voters were in that age range.

2012:

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2012

Same story. Only 19% of voters were 18-29 year olds - solidly millennials then.  Which, sure leaned Obama.  

So 65-66% of 18-19% of voters got a president elected eh? So for Obama in 2008, that represents 6.9 million votes.

McShitstain still would have lost by over 4 million votes. Even if every Obama voting millennial didn’t vote.

2012, Romney would of won by ~1m voted if every single millennial, who voted for Obama, didn’t vote. Which would of been recounted since it would be under a 1% margin.  

Taking out the millennials that voted in 2012 for Romney, he would of still lost to Obama.

You know OP, there are like… facts here.  

And if millennial are getting blamed for Obama. I’m blaming boomers for Clinton, the machine gun ban man, and carter.

Maybe shitty boomers should stop running for office?
View Quote

Forget it, OP doesn't need facts here. He's on a roll.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#31]
"I find it funny millennials, blame boomers for everything….when it’s their own parents fault that things suck.

It's your fault you didn't raise good little conservatives OP.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Boomer parents and grandparents allowed the creation of the Federal Reserve.

Boomers allowed communism to flourish by way of the Vietnam antiwar protests.

But boomers are not complicit in the decline of America. Got it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#33]
I find it funny that boomers are still bitching about millennials and refuse to take responsibility for their own fuckups
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is a thread about Boomer shit, made for Boomers, by a Boomer, trying to pass off blame on Millennials.
View Quote

Added.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#35]
All of my wife’s carpetbagging boomers are flaming libs.  My FIL will sit there and say shit like “These sure are strange times we live in.”  I just give him the look.  You voted for this shit and I warned you. Hope you’re enjoying it.  Sad thing is he may be moving in soon with us.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Fucking millennials!

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#37]
The whole idea of dividing into little separate generations then blaming those before them for every ill is stupid and lazy.

Did 1750's generation blame 1730's generation because they didn't get the same great vast land deals as those before them? No 1750's generation said this is our time, settled what land they could and made small farms and thanked their parents for giving them life and did their thing in their time.

Did the 1770's generation blame the 1750's generation for not being free from England? No 1770's generation said this is our time lets do this, thank you parents for giving us life then did their thing.

Did the WW2 generation blame the WW1 generation for the rough times they were handed? No WW2 generation said this is our time lets do what we need to do, thank you parents for giving us life then did their thing.

In other words if you are handed rough times its how YOU deal with it that matters, not what others did or didn't do for you. Instead some now want to sit in the corner and cry because they were not handed a great deal. It's up to you to fix your life and make things better. Life is not now fair nor was it ever.

You are standing on every generation before you and are very comfortable compared to them for it. Now its your turn, this is your time. How you choose to do it is up to you. Or you can just blame someone else.

Generational blaming is stupid lazy FSA thought at its worst.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm a millennial and don't blame anyone else for my personal problems.

Societal problems? I think we're all a little to blame for letting those problems continue.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Millennials and others wanna blame the boomer generation, and in general, that’s bullshit, because said millennials are hugely responsible for their own problems, they took a bad situation, and instead of fixing it, they made it 10x worse.

View Quote

If my wife wrecks her car, it isn't my fault for not fixing it... She's still the one who wrecked the car.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#40]
As one of those 'entitled' millennials, this take is bullshit.

Millennials suck - yes, hugely so. But to place the entirety of social / economic blame on them? LOL, no.

This is decades and decades in the making - yes, it's accelerated in the past 5-10 years on a scale that's insane, but the building blocks were firmly while the Baby Boomer generation was growing up.

And to act like the Boomers didn't inherit an America that was and will be, the greatest time in history from a manufacturing / jobs / opportunities standpoint is just ignorant as hell. There will never in history, be a time like that again - unless WWIII kicks off and once again decimates most of the rest of the worlds manufacturing capacity.

Boomers would easily raise a family of 4 on one income with a HS Diploma and comfortably - how the fuck is a millennial supposed to do that? And how is it their fault that they can't? Essentially what's happened is the boomers have gotten theirs, and what they're leaving the late Gen X / Millennial / Zoomer generation is the scraps of shit.

Like I said, Boomers are not the random boogeyman end all be all of blame, but they for goddamned sure have more than their fair share to take responsibility for how fucked up this country is today.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dont forget boomers shut the world because they were afraid they wouldnt be able to completely drain social security if they got a cold and died before 95.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Millennials are a shit generation because they had shit parents
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I love how boomers decided to give their kids participation trophies, and now make fun of the kids that received participation trophies.

It's peak boomerism at it's finest.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Millennials and boomers are essentially the same.  GenX FTW.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Yeah....

Ain't my goddamn fault.

I was in middle school when 9/11 happened. All this shit has been in motion since then.

Shit economy, high fuel prices, housing market fucked.

But it's our fault because nobody can accept their failures.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
society is fucked up, prices on homes insane, wages not keeping up with inflation, used cars crazy expensive, inflation, fuel prices, electricity high, and 1000 other things big and small.

Millennials and others wanna blame the boomer generation, and in general, that’s bullshit, because said millennials are hugely responsible for their own problems, they took a bad situation, and instead of fixing it, they made it 10x worse.

How ?

Take Obama for example, FBHO, and Biden, and the related laws, bills, cash for clunkers, fucked up trade deals, shuttering pipelines, out of control spending, climate change added expenses to fuel, electricity, open borders x 1000. ( 30 million illegals suck up a shit load of used cars, trucks, housing, jobs, rentals, and gov benefits )

Where do they think that shit comes from ? H1b visa Indians are replacing Americans in skilled well paying jobs in droves, you can’t vote for climate change fighting taxes and not make everything more expensive. Millennials and others were rabid supporters of FBHO, voted him into office twice, re-elected Biden a dozen times, elected Hillary, elected AOC, and others. They put these assholes in power, the millennials SJW agenda, climate change worship, illegal alien pampering .

So, stop trying to blame the previous generation for your problems when your own generation, and your own beliefs are wrecking hints 10x worse than anything the previous generations did.
View Quote

Yea, because the younger generations at any given time are known for their massive voter turn out, not the elderly generations.... moron.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Millennials got to start halfway down the slippery slope the boomers pushed us over.

Starting with nothing would have been a significant advantage.

Let's not forget the elephant in the room. The younger generations are disproportionately paperwork-americans. Actual heritage Americans millennials and zoomers are politically conservative because they didn't have the sheltered upbringing of older generations.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I love how boomers decided to give their kids participation trophies, and now make fun of the kids that received participation trophies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. LMAO
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#49]
I’m gen x. I feel like the current state of the union is due to a combination of boomers, who should know better, placating to the whims of millennials and zoomers.

I kind of feel like Stealers Wheel with clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

I could be wrong
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Of course you think 18-50 means “millennial”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don’t get voted into office without tens of millions 18-50 year olds voting for them, and wanting the shit they promise.

Of course you think 18-50 means “millennial”

I never said 18-50 = millennial, I said every age group below boomer supports boomer politicians and stupid shit that creates the hard times / problems / high prices millennials and others bitch about.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top