Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#1]
If you think this started with obama you weren't paying attention.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Millennials are like 40 years old. Maybe you mean zoomers?
View Quote

Everyone that's younger is a millennial, everyone that's older is boomer.  That's the rules.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Caused by artificially-high self-esteem, unearned.
Causes a lack of introspection.
"I'm perfect.  If I fail, it can't be my fault.  It's because society sucks."
View Quote

While this seems overly simplistic, it does capture what can easily be perceived as the message that's been going 'round.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you think this started with obama you weren't paying attention.
View Quote

What are you talking about?

The US was perfect in '07...

Boomers are clowns and it's apparent in every one of these threads.

"Why do our kids suck?"
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Boom.

There is blame that needs to be laid at the feet of every living generation.  Obama was a boomer, Biden is a part of the silent generation.  Look at voting number per generation for their respective elections.  Then realize many of the laws that are causing the downfall of our great nation have been around for a long while now.

Boomers are the first entitled generation and really ramped up a lot of the issues we face today, and they did a shit job patenting and adulting in many cases.
View Quote

At least we KNOW how to spell, we don't have spell checks fucking up our posts!
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok boomer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Click ignore for OP starting divisive threads.

Unsubscribe thread.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Stop trying to attach an age or a political group to it.  

The fucking shysters and thieves in our government have fucked it all up for everyone.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those are always such painful threads for me. I don't know how you continue to contribute to them without just drinking yourself into a blacked out rage lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The trophy kids go to work

I, unfortunately, was blindsided by an archetypal millennial hire and learned the hard way what some in this generation were like and what they expected.  Ugh.

That is such a poorly written boomer fantasy hit piece lol.

As if any of us fucking asked for a participation trophy

Hint, it was the boomer parents of millennials who started that shit because THEY were asshurt about never earning one.

Boomers get so butthurt when younger people can do everything they can do, but better and faster. A lot of them pretend time has stopped.

I see this in oil threads in GD.  "I change muh oil every 3000 miles! This new fangled oil is bullshit without the good ol zinc!"

I proceed to break down everything that has improved. Why it's better and why you can go the oem recommended drain intervals or longer.

"You don't know shit you young punk!"

Okay pal.
Those are always such painful threads for me. I don't know how you continue to contribute to them without just drinking yourself into a blacked out rage lol.

I don’t take things personally.  

Also I don’t take myself super seriously. I call myself a functional idiot.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I never said 18-50 = millennial, I said every age group below boomer supports boomer politicians and stupid shit that creates the hard times / problems / high prices millennials and others bitch about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomers have ruined pretty much everything. Look at the state of this nation which is pretty much run by boomers who should be in homes.

They don’t get voted into office without tens of millions 18-50 year olds voting for them, and wanting the shit they promise.

Of course you think 18-50 means “millennial”

I never said 18-50 = millennial, I said every age group below boomer supports boomer politicians and stupid shit that creates the hard times / problems / high prices millennials and others bitch about.

Math proves you wrong.

See my post on page 1.

Numbers are real. Opinions are made up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don’t take things personally.  

Also I don’t take myself super seriously. I call myself a functional idiot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/52520461-289F-4579-85EC-AB4D4F42B098-2492298.jpg
View Quote

How the responses usually are:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The fucking shysters and thieves in our government have fucked it all up for everyone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That’s makes you a borderline millennial/ genx raised with a much more GenX bias, like me. We played outside everyday until the street lights came on and can remember a life with no internet and no cellphones.
View Quote

I’m 34 and was raised the same as you. It literally had to be a cat5 hurricane outside for us to be allowed in the house outside of dinner time. I raised 100% by boomers and I’m proud of it because I get my work ethic from them. I very easily get along with my boomer age coworkers and friends better than any other group. I work with 19-22 year olds right now who can’t stay off their phones or even stay awake for that matter while on the job.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#15]
The seeds of America's demise were planted in the progressive era, mostly during FDR's tenure, before the golden era of the 50's and 60's. Kids now aren't helping matters, but really we're just seeing the chickens coming home to their inevitable roost. The "greatest generation" that everyone here loves to venerate, and their parents and grandparents, are the ones who put us on this trajectory.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Boomers have ruined pretty much everything. Look at the state of this nation which is pretty much run by boomers who should be in homes.
View Quote

The tide will turn. Probably won’t be in my lifetime, but I have hope my kids will be part of the solution.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

38 58, 52 63, 78 79
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the average age of a US congressman? Senator?  President?

38 58, 52 63, 78 79

fixt
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Community: Gettin' Rid of Britta by Some Worries
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Eric Christian Olsen sings on Community
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bruh, you literally started the thread attacking millennials. It's in the title.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's makes you a borderline millennial/ genx raised with a much more GenX bias, like me. We played outside everyday until the street lights came on and can remember a life with no internet and no cellphones.
View Quote

Yep, I 'member.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Since when is Xena (Lucy Lawless) a Boomer? Born 1968. She's solid Gen-X.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bruh, you literally started the thread attacking millennials. It's in the title.
View Quote

You expect a boomer to be accountable for their actions?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#24]
I’ll stop complaining about boomers when they stop stealing from me via Medicare and social security

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The collective repugnant arrogance and inability to not pass the buck is reason enough alone to hate them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That’s makes you a borderline millennial/ genx raised with a much more GenX bias, like me. We played outside everyday until the street lights came on and can remember a life with no internet and no cellphones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 40, so I don't know where that puts me, but this. Lots of parents trying to be their kids' friends rather than teaching them how life works. Thus, creating little, entitled shitheads.

Same here and I’m 40
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The collective repugnant arrogance and inability to not pass the buck is reason enough alone to hate them.
View Quote

The worst part is that they still keep harping on and on about personal responsibility. I wouldn't care as much if they just simply admitted they don't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey man… hate to say this… but you might not want to murder someone in public.

As I think we just witnessed a killing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#30]
None of the many places I worked at are owned or run by Millenials. They're run by boomers and Gen X. It's hard to affect change when you don't control anything.

I'm not blaming anyone. Just saying.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#31]
There are boomers that know it also.

I blame it on the fucken hippie bullshit movement of the 60s.

Every single hippie I know has regrets and admits they fucked up.

The ones that acknowledge it..went full red pill.

The other ones went full throttle retard on stupid and continued to be blue to the head.

Nam vets..I respect..
Every Nam vet hates John Kerry and all of the fucks that didn't go due to some weird deferment.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Buck craves attention. When his doomer threads slow he starts a troll thread, when we just did this yesterday. Once kind of cool poster turned to a shit poster. His threads suck donkey balls.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#35]
I predict that words of hurtfulness will be spoken ITT.

Am I late for my prediction?

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Generational blame abounds and the real problems are ignored. An objective view of how our government has f----- up everything says more about the state of our country than any generation has had to do with all the problems we have now.
View Quote

He's right you know.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Strange how this site allows intentionally divisive threads to be ran.

And no, it's not about not having an echo chamber. The left has all of the other multi media for that.

Almost like it's either controlled opposition and someone wants gunowners to slide.

Instead of encouraging unity when everyone knows that progressives (the real enemy) want to take away our guns, we'll let threads run to tear us apart.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And no, it's not about not having an echo chamber. The left has all of the other multi media for that.

Almost like it's either controlled opposition and someone wants gunowners to slide.

Instead of encouraging unity when everyone knows that progressives (the real enemy) want to take away our guns, we'll let threads run to tear us apart.
View Quote

You probably think beans belong in chili too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck no they don't
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Boomers had it great , grew up in a wonderful time , but made kind of shitty parents. Late boomers especially made shitty kids that made even shittier kids , as a whole

Gen x grew up as latch key kids of early boomers and figured shit out.

Gen Y or Millennials also came from easy times and made a ton of over protecting , helicopter , snow plow parenting the new vogue.

Gen Z is or are the ones feeling the after effects of the previous gen and in many cases trying to correct the course.

Of course there will be and are differing opinions and instances.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There is blame that needs to be laid at the feet of every living generation.  
View Quote

This. Everyone could have done better, I don't see it as a generational thing. It's the population and their lack of action, or poor choice of action.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#43]
If ever there was a good example of wasted site resources, it's this thread.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#44]
It's not a generational reason. The moment we became the global reserve currency we were doomed. Cheap credit means misallocation of capital. It means short term, destructive, profit now thinking is rewarded. Long term, sustainable shepherding of societal resources is punished.

The boomers get the rap because they were shaped by this system and benefitted from it initially. The younger generations share the same destructive short term mindset. Problem is the system is now finally visibly and dramatically cracking...sooooo jealousy ensues.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Which millennial politicians have been in power writing, enforcing, and interpreting law and policy for this country for the last 50 years?

Which ones boomers have been?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Boomers blaming the children they raised for all the shit that has gone wrong in this country while they (Boomers) ran it into the dirt is something I will never be able to stop laughing at.

They love to talk shit on everyone... but I doubt any generation before or after has had it easier IRT home prices, wages, getting a decent job, etc.

That said, some of my favorite people in the world are Boomers, and I hate most generations equally, minus Gen X and the Greatest Generation of course.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Not OP's proudest thread. Thats for sure.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Can I have some Boomers 20 year hazardous duty pension with full family insurance? That’d be cool. I’ll trade them my 25 year hazardous 401k hybrid that gets zero insurance and reduced payout rate dependent on age of retirement.

For my intitlment factor,
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

While this seems overly simplistic, it does capture what can easily be perceived as the message that's been going 'round.
View Quote

Now combine that with a situation that is actually more hopeless with less opportunities than the previous generations enjoyed and it becomes understandable why many of them are going to want to drastically change the culture of the US government to more closely resemble countries like norway and sweden. But that isn't what we would get. We would end up with something like russia. And I think we will. We are too selfish and divided to move in a direction that is good for the country.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not OP's proudest thread. Thats for sure.
View Quote

Maybe not his proudest thread, but it sure ended up being perfection after Wakeboarder's last post.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top