Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Belton TX,  I won't post his pic because it probably isn't him,  he likely lost or had his ID stolen.
View Quote
But he used the mailing address on the stolen ID?

ETA:  I see you've already confirmed that yes, the address matched the ID.  If the ID is bogus, how does he pull that off?  Genuine question- I'm not very scam literate...
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Find him and blood eagle his fraud loving ass.

Or wait and see if it ships.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello Mr. Postal Inspector.  They'll nail his azz.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I admit I'm pretty paranoid about buying expensive shit from individuals offline.  I don't think I have ever ordered a gun from a individual before. I have ordered from gun stores and such online,  and expensive items thru ebay, etc. never any issues.

I'm planning to buy a barrett .50 in the next few years, hopefully before the next election. ill be nervous as fuck when I order that and blow $8000.00 at once, and hoping the gun shows up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#5]
After all the people who have never made a mistake In Their Lives are done with this wee episode, take a deep breath
and realize that monumentally bigger mistakes have been made by others and with much more money.

It's OK, OP. You'll live. Who knows, the guy still could be perfectly legit. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Belton TX,  I won't post his pic because it probably isn't him,  he likely lost or had his ID stolen.
View Quote

Belton is in Bell County TX.  Have you searched the real-estate records to see if his name pops up at that address?
http://www.bellcad.org/index.php/PayTax
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Hope you get it
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh, wait--Is this McLoving in Houston?  That guy has fucked me a buncha times.
View Quote
You let a guy fuck you more than once?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I mailed a $3800 moneyorder for a gun before and  it finally took me to call the police  dept he worked for to get him to ship the rifle.

He wasn't scamming me he was just lazy and thought it was no big deal , it was only a month
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you had used PayPal for the gun, you'd be 100% screwed as that is an item they ban using PayPal to purchase.

Good news is if you sent USPS Money order by mail, you can get the US Postal Service Inspectors involved.

Your Guy has screwed up in he is now in a Federal Felony matter.

You can also contact Local P.D.

I know you are nervous, but give it a few more days before going full on Gonzo...

If you can't get commo going, then turn it over to ARFCOM and Authorities.

I hope You still have your copy of the receipt for the USPS Money Order, you can check to see if it has cashed.
View Quote
I am curious, had anyone actually successfully gotten a postal inspector to act on a scammer? I keep seeing this, but scam cases are infrequent to begin with, and of those that do involve money orders I have not seen the outcome
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Meh.   I bought my TX 4Runner without a title, OP.    Sum of us r moar dummer than u.

Hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]
i paid $5 for an old dog once because some 10 yo kid laid a real tear jerker on me. 10 minutes later the dag was gone so I drove over to the kids house and there it was following him around the yard. I said, "Hey kid - I'm on to you. Gimme back the 10 bucks or the mutt!" He handed me the leash and said - "you gotta tie him up or he'll just keep comin back". Turned out to be the best dam dag I ever had in my life! Hang in there OP....you'll really enjoy your pistol when it arrives.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Update?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]
DAY TWO
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn. Hope it works out.

You seem to be taking it better than I would have.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Or with an FFL that loses your transferable factory machine gun, later misplaces the Form 4, and doesn't notify you of any of that.
View Quote
More details please.  Even though you have probable posted about it before I would love to hear about it...
What did the ATF have to say?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Bueller
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Fill out an ic3 crime report.  Worked for me
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Arock
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, wait--Is this McLoving in Houston?  That guy has fucked me a buncha times.
His prices were amazing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When you buy from online sellers, remember they are NOT businesses. And sometimes life gets in the way. Dont worry OP. I think you are over reacting.
View Quote
on the flip side, i think op is under reacting. go scorched earth op.  :dodgy:
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't worry OP, the rest of us aren't that stupid.
View Quote
Lol for real.

I don't feel bad for OP.  Play stupid games...
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where in tx.

Out him now.

Post his pic.

+1

these guys get it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Don't worry OP, the rest of us aren't that stupid.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If he's against PayPal for being Antigun, he just may be looking for a shipping alternative since fed ex made some dumb comments yesterday.
View Quote
FEDEX did not make any changes. Stop spreading nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If he's against PayPal for being Antigun, he just may be looking for a shipping alternative since fed ex made some dumb comments yesterday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FEDEX did not make any changes. Stop spreading nonsense.
Last time I checked, "comments" wasn't spelled "changes"...
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#28]
In for OP eating crow
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#29]
OP you are the kind of impatient person I hate selling too. Please stick to face to face from now on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#30]
In for an update OP.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to not be able to ship right away? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View Quote
Does your mom sell shit on the internet?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#32]
OP will be the one following the UPS truck around till it gets to his FFL.  Just kidding I would give it a couple more days before getting worried.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I wouldn't panic yet. I've had sellers go nearly a week with little to no contact. Sucks but doesn't mean it's a scam. The price seems to be almost too good to be true though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Have you reported it to his local LEO?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#35]
The sky is falling
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh and send me the DL pic
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The sky is falling
View Quote
If you take possession of $1,700 of someone's money. You need to let them know and keep them abreast of where you are in the process of getting them their property.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Kind of early to panic
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Relax, sometime people get busy with work or family.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you take possession of $1,700 of someone's money. You need to let them know and keep them abreast of where you are in the process of getting them their property.
View Quote
Give it a few days, should see what the weekend brings.  If nothing by Monday its time to take action
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Dear O.P.,

Jacob Melwakka, Authorized Gun Seller licensed by United Nations Weapons Control.

Greetings my business friend.  Having received your Money Order from the total sum of $1,700 U.S. Dollars. I wanted to let you know that I have contacted our United Nations Weapons Control Monitor, Mr. Susbekaa, and let him know that you have made as agreed payment in a timely manner.   Mr. Susbekaa, of the Office of the United Nations Weapons Control Monitor, will be contacting you shortly to make arrangements for a most trusted courier to transport your new item.   Be noted that You may have a responsibility for any Fees of United Nations Weapons Control Monitor for the Courier.  I pray you do not have any further issues and that you will enjoy your new item.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you make the money order out to the name & address on the ID?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Dear O.P.,

Jacob Melwakka, Authorized Gun Seller licensed by United Nations Weapons Control.

Greetings my business friend.  Having received your Money Order from the total sum of $1,700 U.S. Dollars. I wanted to let you know that I have contacted our United Nations Weapons Control Monitor, Mr. Susbekaa, and let him know that you have made as agreed payment in a timely manner.   Mr. Susbekaa, of the Office of the United Nations Weapons Control Monitor, will be contacting you shortly to make arrangements for a most trusted courier to transport your new item.   Be noted that You may have a responsibility for any Fees of United Nations Weapons Control Monitor for the Courier.  I pray you do not have any further issues and that you will enjoy your new item.
View Quote
GOD DAMNIT! I just spit my coffee all over my desk and keyboard.

I buy and sell stuff on Armslist often and I've only bought one item that wasn't local. I paid a local FFL to broker the deal, pretty well known one with tons of local feedback, been in business over 50 years etc. They charged me $35.00 dollars and the seller shipped them the AK first with the deal that once it got there I would inspect it and if everything looked good, I'd overnight him a US Post Office M.O. or PayPal him and once he said we were good, he would tell the FFL to release it.

AK showed up, it was as described so I called the seller from the FFL's shop and PayPal'ed him on the spot, he told the FFL we were good so I filled out the paperwork and took it home.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Update.

Nothing.

I will probably wait till monday because tomorrow and this weekend is super busy.

I do appreciate those who IMed me with offers of help.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't read all three pages so someone might have suggested this. Since you paid with a USPS money order, you can make a report to postal inspector  for mail fraud. They may not be all that great at delivering mail but the few times I have issues and have filed a case, things straightened out really quick like. The
PI do not take things like that lightly. At least that has been my experience.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
2hr drive from me...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Belton TX
2hr drive from me...
Hour and a half south of me...
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Submit a disputed on the MOs. If they haven’t been cashed you may be able to get your money back.

How can he cash them without proper ID if he isn’t the guy whose ID he has?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I mailed a $3800 moneyorder for a gun before and  it finally took me to call the police  dept he worked for to get him to ship the rifle.

He wasn't scamming me he was just lazy and thought it was no big deal , it was only a month
View Quote
Nope he was a Thief claiming to be lazy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Only send money to the FFL

If they don’t send the gun there’s legal trouble

I never send gun money directly to people even on arfcom deals and I’ve never had a problem
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top