Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You probably won't if all you do is hang out at target.

You should try going off road somewhere. I bet you will then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yet to see one dirty  , mostly posers

You probably won't if all you do is hang out at target.

You should try going off road somewhere. I bet you will then.
Exactly
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No Jeep made after 2001 is a real Jeep, so you've mostly gotten your wish.
View Quote

Why 2001? Why not 2006 or 1986? Seems like just a random year thrown out there. And I fail to see how more capable factory Jeeps aren’t “real” Jeeps? More power, better on road manners, better off road performance, factory lockers, 4:1 transfer case, sway bar disconnects, etc. Not to mention the creature comforts and technology. You can even buy one with 470 HP!

It used to take considerable expense and effort to get 35s on any of the leaf sprung CJs & the first generation of Wrangler, now you can get those on a factory Jeep.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why 2001? Why not 2006 or 1986? Seems like just a random year thrown out there. And I fail to see how more capable factory Jeeps aren’t “real” Jeeps? More power, better on road manners, better off road performance, factory lockers, 4:1 transfer case, sway bar disconnects, etc. Not to mention the creature comforts and technology. You can even buy one with 470 HP!

It used to take considerable expense and effort to get 35s on any of the leaf sprung CJs & the first generation of Wrangler, now you can get those on a factory Jeep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they have no idea what they're actually talking about and just parrot shit they heard on the internet.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I would be a Jeep guy if I could find a decent condition mid ‘60s Wagoneer, or a ‘70’s to early ‘80’s pickup. But the market has dried up on reasonable priced ones. And good ones are priced out of their intended purpose.

The truck would definitely be a work truck, still fixed up nice but not to the point of not using it, as I would have the need to pull trailers in off road conditions, sometimes in mountain WMAs. The Wagoneer would cover two things: decent cool way to have a ‘different’ daily driver, and bring back childhood memories of the forest service vehicles I saw around at the time.

Yes, OK to buy a vehicle that you want. But seeing so many decorated Jeeps today in flatland pavement country is like a jukebox playing in a bar. Background noise/scenery you don’t pay attention to.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeep started making Rubicon models in 2003, by all measures the most capable Jeep and the most capable show room stock 4x4 ever produced by a US manufacturer.

I'm not sure what his motivation is for the 2001 year cut off, but he couldn't be more wrong.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do not make negative statements about ALL members of a group people based on isolated incidents or even on overall general statistics of that group.

I wish I lived in the OPs world where I had the energy to bitch about is people waving at each other.
View Quote

No one wishes they lived in Ohio.  This is why
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do not make negative statements about ALL members of a group people based on isolated incidents or even on overall general statistics of that group.

I wish I lived in the OPs world where I had the energy to bitch about is people waving at each other.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Never understood the childish jeep hate.
View Quote

New Bronco owners are a real thing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Do that faggot wave all you want, just please, please GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!!!

Jeeps have no bidness on a highway, they need to be out in the wild climbing vertical rock faces and shit (still one of the most amazing automotive feats I've ever seen!).
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP what about your KIA Soul?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Because they have no idea what they're actually talking about and just parrot shit they heard on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2001 was the Rubicon intro. The year of Lara Croft advertising. 2002 was limited production/edition. 2003 they went mass market.

Edit: HTML tag > me
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Jerps are the Honda Del Sol for dudes that haven’t admitted to their parents that they love semen.
View Quote

Please go to the parking lot of any Marine barracks in the world and say that, the asswhuppin' you would take would be epic!
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Jesus OP.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#18]
But what will people who base their entire personality on being a Jeep owner do? What of all the Jeep Girls? The Jeep Moms? The people who spend all their money on Jeep parts? Who go to rallies and trade ducks?  What will become of them?  Is it possible that this problem is a Jeep thing and you wouldn't understand?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#19]

I've kinda always wanted an old flat fender jeep.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#20]
There is nothing wrong with Jeeps.  I always looked on the duck thing as being a girl thing and not a guy thing; unless of course the guy is wearing his chonies backwards.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've kinda always wanted an old flat fender jeep.

View Quote

#metoo.  Then do an engine swap for a small diesel.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Just to add sand to your irritated vagina, I think I will take my doors off today (But I don't hang my foot out)
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#24]
If anyone else made a two door suv on solid axles id trade my jeep in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Srsly?  You're going to use a cocksucking faggot to make your point?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Naming your jeep is full on gay.

Come in Decepticon, its Black Flag.    Meet me at Broke Back Mountain
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#28]
I have thought about my next vehicle being a jeep rubicon, but I am a bigger guy and am not sure on extended drives I would be comfortable.

Who knows what I will get next.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Jeeps helped win WW2

Never understood the childish jeep hate.
View Quote

That was GM and Ford. Not Jeep
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have thought about my next vehicle being a jeep rubicon, but I am a bigger guy and am not sure on extended drives I would be comfortable.

View Quote

Bigger tall or bigger fat? They're fine for fat guys
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Naw. OP makes up for his small dick by driving an F150. Which he keeps his feet inside of, doesn’t wave at other strangers in F150s, and certainly does not collect children’s toys on his dashboard. Plus his truck actually does “truck stuff”.

Crazy, I know………
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Naw. OP makes up for his small dick by driving an F150. Which he keeps his feet inside of, doesn’t wave at other strangers in F150s, and certainly does not collect children’s toys on his dashboard. Plus his truck actually does “truck stuff”.

Crazy, I know………

Maybe they drive an F-150 that they do truck stuff with too and have a Jeep for driving around while having fun.

This country was a better place when having fun on a Friday night was centered around driving your "weekend car" up and down main street with the occasional impromptu stoplight drag race.

BTW, I do not now nor have I ever owned a Jeep.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Why 2001? Why not 2006 or 1986? Seems like just a random year thrown out there. And I fail to see how more capable factory Jeeps aren't "real" Jeeps? More power, better on road manners, better off road performance, factory lockers, 4:1 transfer case, sway bar disconnects, etc. Not to mention the creature comforts and technology. You can even buy one with 470 HP!

View Quote
Last year of the cHEROkee
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Srsly?  You're going to use a cocksucking faggot to make your point?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88366/sssaR-2783560.jpg

That's not so bad but using Bathhouse Barry kind of reinforces OP's point that Jeep drivers all have teh gH3y.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

#metoo.  Then do an engine swap for a small diesel.
View Quote
Kubota swap would be awesome.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I live in NV and we take our Jeeps off road all over the state.   They are great.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow. Jeep really hurts peoples feelings lol.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Did you need D in you B-hole?  It sounds like you are shopping for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeep wave = gay

Doors off/foot outside = gayer

Rubber ducks on the dash = gayest

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177080/A1E784B0-BE11-4FA6-B741-0756ACDFDDD8_jpe-2846038.JPG

Saying “It’s a Jeep thing” is secret code for I like the D in my B-hole.

Did you need D in you B-hole?  It sounds like you are shopping for it.

I heard that OP goes so deep on the D, he has to come back up slowly so he doesn't get the bends.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#41]
OP is a liberal.

I think trucks owners are the biggest posers,  hardly see any of them with plywood or hay bails,  tons driven by girls.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mix of both, well height is 6-0 weight well lets just say I have a love for BBQ, Beer and cookies that I really need to curb.

I really do need to get to giving a damn about myself again.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Kubota swap would be awesome.
View Quote

I have a Kobota tractor that I keep just in case. . I don’t envision it being able to go much over 55 mph.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have a Kobota tractor that I keep just in case. . I don't envision it being able to go much over 55 mph.
View Quote
Feels like parts are going to start rattling off at 45-50 anyway.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mix of both, well height is 6-0 weight well lets just say I have a love for BBQ, Beer and cookies that I really need to curb.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're probably fine. I routinely do 7-8 hour drives in mine, I've even been able to power-nap in the driver's seat.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't care what other people like or do unless it affects me somehow.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#47]
The things people worry about. No wonder America is so fucked.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#48]
When the world is a radioactive wasteland devoid of life, cockroaches will be driving Jeep Cherokees
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
When the world is a radioactive wasteland devoid of life, cockroaches will be driving Jeep Cherokees
View Quote

What about those giant scorpions from Damnation Alley?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#50]
I enjoy putting my foot on the running board in my Land Cruiser and letting the air wash over my junk........until a bee blows up my shorts....then not as much joy

Jeeps wave at me all the time(when driving a fj40 or 45)....which is more than mini truck or 4runners do when I wave at them....not sure what's up with those folks...but they must all be dreaming of overlanding,  their kit and bespoke roof top tents
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top