Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When the world is a radioactive wasteland devoid of life, cockroaches will be driving Jeep Cherokees
View Quote

Some would argue that they already are...
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#2]
If Jeep did cease to exist, Xiden will use tax dollars to fund the company out of bankruptcy.

Attachment Attached File

Even parked like most jeep owners
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What about those giant scorpions from Damnation Alley?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the world is a radioactive wasteland devoid of life, cockroaches will be driving Jeep Cherokees

They'll drive the Liberty
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer Fords to scratch that itch.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Op is a weirdo
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Go be poor somewhere else OP
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#7]
bUt iTs NoT eVeN mUdDy

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m really glad I don’t pick my vehicles to please some random dumbass on the internet. I buy and pay for what I want.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]
OP.. are you ok?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Me and a coworker used to make fun of another coworker because of his Jeep fanaticism and massive duck collection on his dash.  Then all of a sudden I gave in to my urges and me and the wife bought a new Jeep JLU High Tide with the factory 35’s on it.  We love it and are starting to go to events like we did when we had our Harley.  I even wave at people in Jeeps and have a few ducks on the dash.

I have noticed a number of lesbians driving Jeeps.  But so far the Jeep community is pretty open to anyone and exhibits a lot less ego and judgement.  

Our Jeep handles great and has tons of power and acceleration.  We have the 3.6l eTorque.  Like having a V8.

Get ‘em now because Jeep is totally on board (and has openly stated) they plan to fully electrify them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A driver, two passengers, and 150 pounds of gear.  It's pretty cool.  If I could have stashed my doors in Lethbridge or SoDak, I would have.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Climbing-Outings/19980800-Mt-Proboscis-NWT-Canada/i-Nv22wCc/1/550ae4e7/X2/Proboscis%20%2884%29Bz%20-%201920-X2.jpg
View Quote

Awesome as usual

Best is when you get Jeep waves in your vintage Land Rover, or a duck

Or when the Land Rover Service Manager tells you the Jeep store is next door

Attachment Attached File

Jeep content, shit still getting done in tough places decades later. Won't say I wouldn't been happier with at least an enclosed cab

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Jeep wave = gay

Doors off/foot outside = gayer

Rubber ducks on the dash = gayest

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177080/A1E784B0-BE11-4FA6-B741-0756ACDFDDD8_jpe-2846038.JPG

Saying “It’s a Jeep thing” is secret code for I like the D in my B-hole.
View Quote

If you care so much about what other people drive, you probably have a case of the gay, along with a touch of Fascism.  Did you vote for Biden?

But rubber ducks on the dash sounds pretty gay, too.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP.. are you ok?
View Quote

Yes sir. Thank you for asking.

This thread has turned out to be as enjoyable as expected…
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP.. are you ok?

Ahh...the fun troll.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll take this....to the mall.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I heard that OP goes so deep on the D, he has to come back up slowly so he doesn't get the bends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeep wave = gay

Doors off/foot outside = gayer

Rubber ducks on the dash = gayest

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177080/A1E784B0-BE11-4FA6-B741-0756ACDFDDD8_jpe-2846038.JPG

Saying “It’s a Jeep thing” is secret code for I like the D in my B-hole.

Did you need D in you B-hole?  It sounds like you are shopping for it.

I heard that OP goes so deep on the D, he has to come back up slowly so he doesn't get the bends.

OP comfortably smuggles fire hydrants in his person.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Rated troll.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Op is not a true automotive enthusiast.

Probably the same for firearms.

True enthusiasts enjoy all aspects of the hobby, may not love it, but can certainly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Rated troll.
View Quote

I thought it was a typical GD hates something thread but since it's on page 5 and OP hasn't returned I'm going with troll as well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Mix of both, well height is 6-0 weight well lets just say I have a love for BBQ, Beer and cookies that I really need to curb.

I really do need to get to giving a damn about myself again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have thought about my next vehicle being a jeep rubicon, but I am a bigger guy and am not sure on extended drives I would be comfortable.

Who knows what I will get next.

Bigger tall or bigger fat? They're fine for fat guys

Mix of both, well height is 6-0 weight well lets just say I have a love for BBQ, Beer and cookies that I really need to curb.

I really do need to get to giving a damn about myself again.

6’ 255 here. Plenty of room in my Jeep JL
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Op drives a Subaru forester
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#23]
LOL, OP hates an actual reliable vehicle.

We have four Jeeps, two are diesels.  I've been driving them since 1978 and the reason is...........wait for it................they take me there and get me back every fucking time.  Not mall crawling but actual off road, as in no dirt road sometimes you make your own.

Jeeps are as reliable as any other vehicle you maintain.  I just put an engine in a 2009 four door, 200K it quit, everything else was good so it got an engine. I have a '99 with almost 200k on it, runs like the day I picked it up new.  Beat the shit out of them they break, then you fix them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's the new suburban mom-mobile, dressed up in off-road garb, doesn't even see a gravel driveway.

View Quote

Neighbor has a hybrid Jeep. She uses it mostly as a glorified grocery getter.  I asked her about a month ago when she had last put gas in it. She said about 4 months ago.
The hybrid jeeps only get about 25 miles to a charge. She goes someplace, comes home and plugs it back in.

Oh, she probably has around 20 of those ducks on the dash.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'll take this....to the mall.  

https://i.postimg.cc/hvj9RNLr/Jeep_cabover.jpg
View Quote

Portal all things - shit that shoulda ended up in the Jeep Experience Museum Toledo couldn't get done.

Toledo and Stellantis are assholes

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We have four Jeeps, two are diesels.  I've been driving them since 1978 and the reason is...........wait for it................they take me there and get me back every fucking time.  Not mall crawling but actual off road, as in no dirt road sometimes you make your own.

Jeeps are as reliable as any other vehicle you maintain.  I just put an engine in a 2009 four door, 200K it quit, everything else was good so it got an engine. I have a '99 with almost 200k on it, runs like the day I picked it up new.  Beat the shit out of them they break, then you fix them.
View Quote

It not the vehicle, it’s the owner/operator. While I have no use for one, I see plenty of them are very good looking vehicles. It’s the turds behind the wheel that bother me.

@Paul - This is not a troll thread. I actually dislike all the things I mentioned. I thinks it funny that people think I lose sleep over this shit, and the butthurt that my comments brought forth is rather amusing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Love jeeps.  All mine were cj5's with v8
View Quote

I had a 1980 CJ5 back in the mid '80s. It was my "go to the woods" vehicle. It bad the 151 AMC engine in it. Great gas mileage. Could only do 60mph on a long downhill grade.

A guy I went to high school with had a CJ7 with a 304 in it. Rolled it on its side twice from taking a sharp turn too fast.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#28]
OP's Coming Out Thread?

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't hate Jeeps, I hate what they've become:

ETA:
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Jeeps are as reliable as any other vehicle you maintain.  I just put an engine in a 2009 four door, 200K it quit, everything else was good so it got an engine. I have a '99 with almost 200k on it, runs like the day I picked it up new.  Beat the shit out of them they break, then you fix
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Jeeps, Rovers, Cruisers, Scouts and LJs were great when nothing was more complicated than a AM radio - Wranglers and Cruisers made the transition well

Wranglers do as good as RAV4 long term (bit better really)

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This is not a troll thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is not a troll thread.

Quoted:

right...this is not a troll thread.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It not the vehicle, it’s the owner/operator. While I have no use for one, I see plenty of them are very good looking vehicles. It’s the turds behind the wheel that bother me.

@Paul - This is not a troll thread. I actually dislike all the things I mentioned. I thinks it funny that people think I lose sleep over this shit, and the butthurt that my comments brought forth is rather amusing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you know a portion of the membership drives jeeps. Why would you start a thread like this casting aspersions on members of this site? You don’t know me do you? Why spout out the bullshit you did?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OP.. are you ok?
View Quote

His wife won't let him buy a Jeep. He has to vent.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So you know a portion of the membership drives jeeps. Why would you start a thread like this casting aspersions on members of this site? You don't know me do you? Why spout out the bullshit you did?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It not the vehicle, it's the owner/operator. While I have no use for one, I see plenty of them are very good looking vehicles. It's the turds behind the wheel that bother me.

So you know a portion of the membership drives jeeps. Why would you start a thread like this casting aspersions on members of this site? You don't know me do you? Why spout out the bullshit you did?

Bearpit went away for a reason but a shame

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#38]
If I were to have any jeep, it would be a CJ8 scrambler.

Thats what my dad had when I was little. I hauled my first deer in it. I learned how to use a manual in it, although i prefer automatic.
Sadly my dad sold it to Richard Rawlins friend that rebuilds jeeps. We was going to give it to me, but at the time when I was 15, I didn't know what i was going to do with it. The bed had spots rusted through,  when it rained, the floorboard would be a pool, it needed new 35" tires, and occasionally had an overheating issue. The AC or heater didn't work. I didnt know what tondo with it at 15
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300897/49fe93_jpg-2846406.JPG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Naw. OP makes up for his small dick by driving an F150. Which he keeps his feet inside of, doesn’t wave at other strangers in F150s, and certainly does not collect children’s toys on his dashboard. Plus his truck actually does “truck stuff”.

Crazy, I know………
View Quote

F-150? And you’re talking shit? How about let people drive what they want or what they can afford. Did you pick a f-150 on purpose? LMAO ok dude. It’s probably white too. Fucking disgusting.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Friend of mine picked up a used one all kitted out or off road but spent its entire time on streets and parking lots. He’s redoing the suspension, and swapping in a LS3. Yea jeeps can be bad ass still unfortunately heir owners ruin them by doing stupid gay shit, like ducks on a dash. I honestly think they mean dicks in the owners ass, I don’t buy the “likes” the jeeps gotten as some are downright plain and unlikeable.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Friend of mine picked up a used one all kitted out or off road but spent its entire time on streets and parking lots. He’s redoing the suspension, and swapping in a LS3. Yea jeeps can be bad ass still unfortunately heir owners ruin them by doing stupid gay shit, like ducks on a dash. I honestly think they mean dicks in the owners ass, I don’t buy the “likes” the jeeps gotten as some are downright plain and unlikeable.
View Quote

I don’t give out ducks. I’ve gotten 3-4. Had to look it up to even see what it was about. So some stranger likes my jeep an left me a free innocuous gift and I’m suppose to be mad or indignant? I think it’s kind of neat that someone likes my jeep. You guys that see homosexuality in everything I think have issues.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I sat in a new rubicon that one of my employees bought.  They're cheesy and uncomfortable in my opinion (not that anyone cares).  When he told me how much it was I shook my head.  I asked him how it drove/handled to which he replied "it drives like a jeep".  If nobody liked them I'd guess they wouldn't be made anymore.  To each his own.  I'll stick to full size trucks.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#45]
My Wife has ducks all over the fucking place on her dashboard. I can't even get a sun visor up there. She has a turtle spare tire cover and ocean graphics by the front fender.

At least it's a 6 speed.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#46]
While I don't get the "duck" thing (probably cause I'm a male) I have nothing in particular against Jeeps.  I would love one myself for cruising up in the mountain NF roads.  I AM disappointed that so many go to waste as status symbols or mall crawlers that never see a dirt road.  Shameful.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:@Paul - This is not a troll thread. I actually dislike all the things I mentioned. I thinks it funny that people think I lose sleep over this shit, and the butthurt that my comments brought forth is rather amusing.
View Quote

I might wish cancer, welfare, or liberals to cease to exist so I can relate.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Jeeps helped win WW2

Never understood the childish jeep hate.
View Quote

It’s a jealousy based on economics.  The have nots frequent hate the haves for what they have.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

F-150? And you’re talking shit? How about let people drive what they want or what they can afford. Did you pick a f-150 on purpose? LMAO ok dude. It’s probably white too. Fucking disgusting.
View Quote

Talking shit, or voicing my opinion?

Family plan is hard to beat for price. It’s not white.

You can drive whatever the fuck you please.

I’m allowed to have opinions just like you are.

I like Glocks, brunettes, hunting, golfing, etc. We could argue about those things all day long as well I’m sure. Again, we are both entitled to our own opinions.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Because they have no idea what they're actually talking about and just parrot shit they heard on the internet.
View Quote
Yeah-that's a weird one. That's smack dab in the middle of literally every Jeep model's generation.
TJ='97-'06. WJ='99-'04. XJ='86-'01. Is that it? I'm confused.

Nick
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top