Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
We've saved quite a few. Good luck with your furry little friend for life!
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job OP.  I really hope the little one makes it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is true. The kitties we've had wander into our lives turned out great. The one my wife went and got for her birthday turned out to be a dick.
View Quote
I believe it.
Lost my Little Girl a few years ago.
Started having mice issues and needed a mouser. Went to the shelter and bought 2 prospects.  
Over night found out the one was going to be psycho and the other was just going to be a nasty SOB.  Back to the shelter the next day.
They still haven't refunded my money.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
They need their bottoms rubbed regularly to stimulate them to poop/pee.

Keep it warm. Heating pad under blankets works. Wee ones like that can’t regulate their temperature well.

Feedings are almost hourly.

Enjoy your new puss and name it Steve because cats with regular people names are funny.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Know anyone with a pet python or boa?
View Quote
Don’t cut yourself on all those edges brah.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Say that about a puppy and see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I really don’t like cats, but I wouldn’t let a kitten die if I found one like that. I imagine I’d end up owning it at that point.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
That's "bottle feed kmr" size. Feed it a couple times a day, then you gotta make it go to the bathroom.

They're easy when they're that size. Once it starts being mobile they're little demons.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Choke yourself
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Choke yourself
No, no... You don't have to choke it yourself... the python will take care of that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#10]
To encourage the kitten to dedicate/urinate, wipe its genitals with a soft warm wet washcloth.

And, it will have to be fed every few hours for a while until it begins eating kitten food on its own. Kittens learn to eat on their own very quickly. I was adopted by a 4-5 week old kitten, and fed it with a syringe only a short period before it began eating on its own.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
like a newborn

eyes aren't open

found it crying in a stack of rims at work. no other kittens or momma cat around

heard it this morning. finally found it a moment ago
View Quote
You and an eye dropper will become one. Don't let it get dehydrated!
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm subbed just for the interesting differences between raising kittens vs puppies.

Granted, all my pups were 8wks+, but I didn't know kittens need to have help going to the bathroom, for example
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Save its life if you can.

Please.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm subbed just for the interesting differences between raising kittens vs puppies.

Granted, all my pups were 8wks+, but I didn't know kittens need to have help going to the bathroom, for example
View Quote
It helps them, but it is not required. They will " go on command" of mom licking their asses. There is a reason there is no feces in a cat litter...mom eats it. I guess it's better when it's warm and straight from the source, instead  of messy and has been sitting around for a while...
Nature finds a way, it works with what is available.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Enjoy your new puss and name it Steve because cats with regular people names are funny.
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Normally the momma cat handles it all until they are mature enough to fend for themselves. Your 8wks+ timeframe is about right for cats, too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It helps them, but it is not required. They will " go on command" of mom licking their asses. There is a reason there is no feces in a cat litter...mom eats it. I guess it's better when it's warm and straight from the source, instead  of messy and has been sitting around for a while...
Nature finds a way, it works with what is available.
View Quote
Mother cat eats kitten's feces to eliminate any odor which may attract predators. IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Been there done that. We have 3 cats, all bottle raised. 2 a few weeks old(bro and sister) and one just a few days old. Milk replacer and bottle. Don’t overfeed. And if it is real small you will need to use a warm wrag to induce elimination.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Also I think you need to stroke his or her genitals to stimulate him or her to pee and poop, momma cat licks them, I think. I know puppies are like this. Good luck with the kitten, if the little one survives you will have a special buddie for life. Possibly momma dropped him and had to move the other kittens and that one got left.
View Quote
Feed it the kitty formula then take a warm damp washcloth and stroke its o-ring a little bit and set it in the litter box.  That's how you get them box trained.  Probably will take several times, especially if it is still young enough eyes aren't open.

My kitty was right at 4 weeks when I brought her home.  It took a couple days before she went.  1st time was in the rubbermaid tote she was sleeping in, but after that she caught onto the litter box quick.

I took mine to a vet the day after I brought her home.  Vet looked her over good for "bugs" and such.  It was several months before she got shots or anything.

What you gonna name it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#20]
It can be fed with a bottle and formula.  Most bottles have three holes in them cut a slit between two of the holes, this will allow for the thickness of the formula to pass through.

This is the "weird" part.  So help me God, it is truth.
Kittens that small pee and poo by direct stimulation on their junk by mama cat.  If you are hesitant about licking the kitten...  Take the kitten to the sink hold it in the palm of one hand with its belly up.  Run luke warm water over its lower belly.  This s s the only way that I have been able to get them to cconsistently go.  Yoy may have to rub the belly with your other hand.
Three times a day minimum. Incessant meowing not relieved with the bottle is a good indicator for 'sink time'.
Make sure the cat is dry and warm afterwards as there may be issues with thermoregulation.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I found and raised 6 that we’re  less than 2 days old.

They sell kittens milk in little cartons. You have to feed them 8-10 times a day also you have to bathe them and rubb their bellies to make them poop.

I kept two of them and I have never seen or owned a better animal in all my years .
They are unbelievably loving to me .
Would absolutely do it again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
To encourage the kitten to dedicate/urinate, wipe its genitals with a soft warm wet washcloth.

And, it will have to be fed every few hours for a while until it begins eating kitten food on its own. Kittens learn to eat on their own very quickly. I was adopted by a 4-5 week old kitten, and fed it with a syringe only a short period before it began eating on its own.
View Quote
Good advice there. Do what you can for the little hellion...
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#24]
That is not a racoon. Put down the popper scooper!
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Take care of it, no telling how good a friend it could be.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In on Page 1 of what could be the most epic Chase45 build yet...
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#28]
congrats on your new cat

Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I don’t know anything about them either but you’re awesome for rescuing the little thing. I’d have to do the same if I was in your position.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I found a few young cats once

Took them to the chinese restarau t that i frequented after the own said he would take them. He said they are good for mice.

All i know is he had boneless spare ribs on special a few weeks later.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Take care of it, and it will be the most loving pet you will ever have.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#32]
You'll have a house panther best friend in no time.

Here's to the little guy surviving. If you need anything let me know.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Don't call Ohio animal control...
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don't call Ohio animal control...
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#35]
If you decide to keep the kitten, please consider making it an indoor only cat.

Indoor cats have a much longer lifespan than indoor/outdoor cats, and with an indoor cat you'll not have to be continually treating it for fleas, ticks, and worms.

All my cats have been rescues. The one which adopted me at 4-5 weeks old sits by my chair and meows waiting for me to sit down so it can come sit on my lap.

Rescues realize in their little cat brains that you are their savior.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Fluffy minion of doom...
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Congrats on the new Kitteh!

I would take it to a vet, especially if you can't care for it 24/7 for a while. Some of them will help you out with it, I know mine will with a rescue that young.

The last one like that I was a part of was abandoned at the office, one guy took it home every night and we took care of it during the day. They need a lot of care at that young age.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#38]
You do know that the eyes are on the other side of its head, correct?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Find a person to give it to before a shelter.

I nursed some with milk supplement
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#41]
If you need advice or cash for cat milk food etc. PM me please.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Save its life if you can.

Please.
View Quote
Yes.

Hope little guy makes it

Found him on the street. He still hangs out at my door.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#43]
OP, you lost the battle when you looked for the source of the "meow".

Congratulations on your new friend.

You have been chosen.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A pet store will have canned cat milk and baby bottles.  I have raised several that way.

Get there now.  It will need food as soon as you can get it some.
View Quote
(Mental image of herding cats into the milking barn)
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#45]
You shouldn't have touched it. Now the mother bird won't return it to the nest.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No, no... You don't have to choke it yourself... the python will take care of that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Choke yourself
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Ok, so from what I've seen on here, you need to get a cat milk replacement, an eye dropper and lick it's privates to make it defecate.  Ready?  
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#49]
... I've a big heart for baby animals that cannot defend and survive for themselves. Driving home from a mutual friend's place last night, my friend and I were cruising up to the highway entrance when we spied a lone little black kitty trudging along the roadway. Broke my heart (and his). But I'm not here to save every little beast. Gave me nightmares. I kinda hated myself in the morning. FUCK all assholes that abandon doggies and kitties in a cruel desert
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Welp we got him fed a bit ago. About to feed him again here in an hour

Gf is going all motherly instinct on it.

Also got a flea brush after him

Hes just sleeping now
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top