Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How is being a Nationalist any different than being pro-US Government?
View Quote
Is America a nation ? Yes?

Is the government America ?

Or are the people and the land the nation ?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Says the guy haranguing everyone here about the “correct” meaning of nationalist . And by correct I mean the lefts version.

I’ll happily use Americanism from now on if it stops the college professor lecturing about how racist everyone is .
View Quote
It is the "correct" use of the term. Just because you don't like it doesn't negate that fact.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They love Mexico.
View Quote

Someone needs to tell that to the hundreds of thousands of Hispanics who have served.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is the "correct" use of the term. Just because you don't like it doesn't negate that fact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the guy haranguing everyone here about the “correct” meaning of nationalist . And by correct I mean the lefts version.

I’ll happily use Americanism from now on if it stops the college professor lecturing about how racist everyone is .
Correct according to who ? The very people who've used newspeak for decades to silence anyone not espousing gov doctrine
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Patriotism:  devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty

Nationalism: devotion and loyalty to one's own country; patriotism

Yeah.  Totally different.
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

American 100%. I was just wondering bc some (not all) nationalists have racist tendencies.
View Quote
They are racists because they are racists - that's the proper term for it.
Not because they are Nationalists.

Racists put their race first.
Nationalists put their country first.

The confusion is from the media trying to us a broad brush to paint Trump as a racist.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nationalism = patriotism.
View Quote
THIS!!!!

-and F*** demo-rats!
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are you an American or are you one of the Goblinos looking to turn us into Mexico?

If you're the former we can be friends.

If you're the latter you can get bent.

IDGAF what color, heritage, religion, or who you want to fuck...If you value to
He  Constitution and Liberty and our history and values...you're ok.

If you dont...then I view you as an enemy.
View Quote
I'm an American, through and through. My ancestors came here legally. Mexico is a shitshow of a country.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Heritage is secondary, national identity is primary.

Are you an American?
Or do you claim allegiance to another country?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we should care because? What's your opinion on people of Hispanic heritage such as I? Just wondering.

Are you an American?
Exactly. Did you move here, then fly a Mexican flag (not sure where you're from originally)?

I couldn't give two shits about where you're from. Come here legally and be proud to be an American. Support and defend our constitution.

I would describe myself as a patriot rather than a nationalist, but being a nationalist isn't the boogeyman that the media is making it out to be. ZFG about other countries has a time and place.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
American 100%. I was just wondering bc some (not all) nationalists have racist tendencies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you an American?
That's as poor of an assumption as assuming all American Hispanics are not patriotic. See how that works?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is the historical definition of nationalism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the polar opposite of the meaning.

Nationalism as a concept puts ones ethnographic-linguistic group above current citizenship. The history of nationalism is a history of people sharing the same concept of an ethnic heritage seeking to break away from a political state which was not led by that same group and/or to unify separate political states which the nationalists believed were rightly part of their same group - thus the modern concept of a “nation-state.” As such, nationalism has always been about race/ethnicity/etc.
This is the historical definition of nationalism.
Who's definition are we using these days, because they completely change the meaning. Tough to argue when we don't know what we're arguing.

Fair enough to say I'm a Patriot and leave the "Nationalist" argument alone.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And we should care because? What's your opinion on people of Hispanic heritage such as I? Just wondering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
President Trump is as well.

I just saw two commie liberals lambast Trump for saying he is a nationalist.  Of course they lie and try to associate nationalist with racist, Hitler and puppy killers.

My country (USA) is not the oldest on Earth but we are the best.

I want Germany to be Germany...not a country over run by muslim invaders.

The same goes for other European countries.   They have their culture, language, etc that needs to remain uniquely their own.

There are many cesspool third world countries.  Their citizens need to man up and fix their problems and try to achieve a modicum of MAGA equivalency.  Stop invading other countries to ruin them.
As a 9th generation Californio, I wonder about your particular description of Hispanic. My ancestors were Spaniards who happily dispossessed the natives of their land and in turn became Americans when the Gringos invaded. Are you talking Hispanic Mexicans who've been here a couple generations and are American or are you talking Guatemalans looking for works? Are you equating nationalism with racism? OP may have leaned a bit in the racist direction but did he really? After all, when I think of Hansel and Gretel romping through German forests the image that pops into my mind is not a Somali.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Who's definition are we using these days, because they completely change the meaning. Tough to argue when we don't know what we're arguing.

Fair enough to say I'm a Patriot and leave the "Nationalist" argument alone.
View Quote
Alinksy in action.

Words have been weaponized by the Left. Nationalism is fine. How the Left has been successful is tying the word nationalism to white supremacy. So now all the sudden being a nationalist is basically the same thing as burning crosses on a Friday night.

Until we figure out a way to defeat liberals using words against the Right, they will win.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Look up the historical definition or read a book.

Do your own work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain yours then. How is nationalism not patriotic?

Do your own work.
na·tion·al·ism
/'naSH(?)n??liz?m/
noun
identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

pa·tri·ot·ism
/'patre??tiz?m/
noun
the quality of being patriotic; devotion to and vigorous support for one's country.

pa·tri·ot·ic
/?patre'ädik/
adjective
having or expressing devotion to and vigorous support for one's country.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Pffft, you're just another uneducated rube.

I've been assured that the education system has been teaching nationalist=fascist/racist for decades.

If you don't agree , you're a  newspeak perpetrator.

You are allowed to be pro government since the government IS the "real" country.

Anything else is racist
View Quote
Let's take a look at that definition, one which I will say appears to be a good one.

Key concepts: "promotes the interests of a particular nation"

Now, many here are arguing this only means the political state which has jurisdiction over you. However, the second key bit is illustrative.

"gaining and maintaining the nation's sovereignty over its homeland"

Wait a second. if nationalism meanssupport for the sovereign political entity where you live, how could it make any sense that nationalists seek to "gain and maintain" sovereignty for this same nation? Isn't that already a given? How can a sovereign state gain sovereignty? From what?

Thus, inherent to this definition is a meaning of "nation" that is clearly not synonymous with "sovereign political state," but has a deeper meaning based on the espouser's own definition of his "nation," and it can run counter to the political state where he may find himself a subject or citizen.

This has always been the case. Pretending otherwise is Humpty Dumpty bullshit. Then again, this is GD.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No it doesn't.

Words have meanings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No it doesn't.

Words have meanings.
Got em. Great work!
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The United States was never a “nation state” in the sense of the term’s origin and meaning.  However, there was a long history of legally entrenched attitudes that suggested certain ethnic groups and/or races were not welcome. It is impossible to separate that history from the word “nationalism,” especially in light of the era of European nationalism, what it meant, and the attitudes of American “nationalists” of the era.

Until some here stop playing Humpty Dumpty games with words, it’s really pretty hard to discuss anything.

The term “Americanism” was coined some ways back to celebrate the unique nature of the citizen body of the United States, as one rooted in ideology and not blood. Maybe stick with that. Or, continue to advance one of many ever-popular victim narratives based in Humpty Dumpty word use. Your choice.
View Quote
na·tion-state
noun
a sovereign state whose citizens or subjects are relatively homogeneous in factors such as language or common descent.

If I understand your use, Spain and England hardly count as nation states because they have the Welsh and the Basques to worry about.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you an American?
So do some Mexicans. You can insert any group there.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No it doesn't.

Words have meanings.
View Quote
Actually that's exactly what it means! Not to be confused with white nationalism which the liberal coined.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#25]
What’s with all these troll 19ers. Making 13ers look ok in comparison.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not true! Skin head POS have racist tendencies but not Nationalists. You let the liberals give you that idea
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No it doesn't.

Words have meanings.
View Quote
Then educate the board and explain the difference.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yes they do, and those definitions are consistently skewed by people with an agenda.

nationalism
/naSH()nlizm/
noun
identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.
View Quote
^ Bingo! A simple search is all one has to do but the liberals are expecting us to be stupid like their mouth breathing followers
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Some hispanics have racist tendencies also, it doesn't mean that all hispanics are bad or racist. So what is your point?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I understand this quite well. Like I said, there are bad apples everywhere. Plenty of Hispanics think whites are inferior, I have seen this plenty of times.
View Quote
That's good stuff.

Wonder by what measure they arrive at such an absurd position?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

na·tion-state
noun
a sovereign state whose citizens or subjects are relatively homogeneous in factors such as language or common descent.

If I understand your use, Spain and England hardly count as nation states because they have the Welsh and the Basques to worry about.
View Quote
Uhhh...

Not sure if you are truly ignorant about the history of Spain and the UK, or are trying to help make my point in some sarcastic way that went over my head.

There isn't any serious Welsh nationalist movement I'm aware of. The Welsh people have pretty much adopted a British identity, and embraced English. England, however, is not Wales.

Basque nationalists, contrary to what would be implied by the absurd claims of some here, are not people who are devoted adherents to the government and founding myth of the country of Spain. No, they put their Basque identity first and foremost, and are none to fond of Spain.

Spain is a perfect example of a modern nation state based on a nationalist ideology that led to the modern state. However, not all citizens of Spain except the Spanish "nation" the way Madrid and the dominant Castilian-rooted hegemonic culture might prefer. Beside the Basque issue, you have the Catalan nationalists centered around Barcelona, for example.

The labeling of one's self as a "nationalist" begs the immediate question, "how do you define your 'nation.'"
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#33]
It's the president's JOB to be a nationalist. That goes for the congress as well. Every single action they take should qualify as nationalistic.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So Nationalism is a function of the Government?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's the president's JOB to be a nationalist. That goes for the congress as well. Every single domestic action they take should qualify as nationalistic.
Duty.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#36]
That SHOULD end the debate on the historical merits of the word. I'm fine with being a Nationalist in the historical sense as linked above. What say you now Bohr?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Illegal aliens should all go back, but are you against legal immigration as well?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't care that is not my problem.

30 million or so illegal Mexicans here need to go back to Mexico and fix their country.  Wipe out the cartels.  Make Mexico the great tourist mecca is can be without the violence of cartel criminals.
Illegal aliens should all go back, but are you against legal immigration as well?
Is your reading comprehension complete shit?  He said "illegal Mexicans"
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Do your own work.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
And what principles guide these duties, as they are executed by Nancy Pelosi?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's the president's JOB to be a nationalist. That goes for the congress as well. Every single domestic action they take should qualify as nationalistic.
Duty.
What principles? Nationalism has a definition. Her actions are either in the nation's interest or not. Open borders is not. Welfare for illegal aliens is not. Weakening the military (in more ways than just the funding) is not. Constantly threatening your 2A rights is not.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Correct according to who ? The very people who've used newspeak for decades to silence anyone not espousing gov doctrine
View Quote
This the mainstream also defines the made up term 'assault weapon' to be any scary looking, or semi auto ergonomic rifle.

Why the fuck would anyone on this forum want to take the 'mainstream' legitimately?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Then educate the board and explain the difference.
View Quote
It's been explained already. Again, read.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So being a Nationalist simply means being "Pro-America"?

The blood and the soil?

No.

America is about FAR more than just a location and who happens to live there.  America is also an idea.

And that is why I am a Patriot.
View Quote
I don't believe Nationalist even became a "term" for another 100 to 150 years after our Revolution.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't believe Nationalist even became a "term" for another 100 to 150 years after our Revolution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So being a Nationalist simply means being "Pro-America"?

The blood and the soil?

No.

America is about FAR more than just a location and who happens to live there.  America is also an idea.

And that is why I am a Patriot.
Didn't need it until then.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Didn't need it until then.
View Quote
That's how I always looked at it.

This stuff is always SO subjective though...…..
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If a majority in this Nation amended the Constitution to eliminate the 2nd Amendment, then banning guns would be "in the nation's interests."

If that majority made it National Policy to provide Welfare to illegal aliens, then that THAT TOO would be "in the nation's interests," and a good Nationalist would support his Nation's policies.

Erdogan is a Nationalist.  Putin is a Nationalist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Duty.
What principles? Nationalism has a definition. Her actions are either in the nation's interest or not. Open borders is not. Welfare for illegal aliens is not. Weakening the military (in more ways than just the funding) is not. Constantly threatening your 2A rights is not.
If a majority in this Nation amended the Constitution to eliminate the 2nd Amendment, then banning guns would be "in the nation's interests."

If that majority made it National Policy to provide Welfare to illegal aliens, then that THAT TOO would be "in the nation's interests," and a good Nationalist would support his Nation's policies.

Erdogan is a Nationalist.  Putin is a Nationalist.
No. Those who oppose them would be nationalists.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No. Those who oppose them would be nationalists.
View Quote
Why not Patriots to the traditional American way of life?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If you don't care that is not my problem.

30 million or so illegal Mexicans here need to go back to Mexico and fix their country.  Wipe out the cartels.  Make Mexico the great tourist mecca is can be without the violence of cartel criminals.
View Quote
Wow, where did you find that number?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top