Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neither did television or airplanes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brazil did not exist when the concept of race originated.
Alas, we aren’t talking about the concepts of televisions or airplanes, but that of race and nationalism.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Globalists are the true racists, not nationalists. Globalists want open borders and mass migration in order to change the racial make up of targeted countries (white countries) just like they pretend to project "diversity" while destroying human diversity.

I'm a nationalist and want all others to be nationalists in their own countries. I want Sweden to stay Swedish, Germany to stay German the same way I want Nigeria to stay Nigerian and Japan to stay Japanese. Not all blended together into some mix like the Middle East.

True racists want some races destroyed, some to survive (the ones they can control) and those are the Globalists pushing open borders and targeted mass migration.

Nationalists want to preserve true human diversity within nations by not destroying it. I want a world with white people, Asian people, African people, blonde hair, red hair, black hair, blue eyes, green eyes and brown eyes, etc.

"Diversity" destroys all of that as does Globalism.
View Quote
What does that mean for, say the US? Or, Brazil?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Remember the bad old days when most of GD got a good guffaw out of this?

https://images3.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED441/593eb27858e5d.jpeg

Back then, seems the idea was to make fun of the Left for equating citizenship with nationality.

How quickly things change here.
View Quote
So are you saying it is impossible for people of different races to live in the same country, share the same culture, speak the same language, eat the same food, celebrate the same holidays, and all while having pride/nationalism in said country?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

While I don't agree with all that they say, Bohr_Adam and Cincinnatus are clearly two of the more intelligent posters left on the site.  Their biggest failure is arguing with idiots  You can start with their posts if you want to save time.
View Quote
Such a clever man you are
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Alas, we aren’t talking about the concepts of televisions or airplanes, but that of race and nationalism.
View Quote
Exactly. It's easy to just divert discussion, huh?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So much oof.

I’m just a guy who wants to be left alone.

Where’s my movement?
View Quote
We tried to start one, nobody ever showed up to the meetings.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So are you saying it is impossible for people of different races to live in the same country, share the same culture, speak the same language, eat the same food, celebrate the same holidays, and all while having pride/nationalism in said country?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember the bad old days when most of GD got a good guffaw out of this?

https://images3.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED441/593eb27858e5d.jpeg

Back then, seems the idea was to make fun of the Left for equating citizenship with nationality.

How quickly things change here.
Not at all.

It’s easier when some groups aren’t playing Humpty Dumpty with words and thus confusing their goals with those who would not accept Hasan as one of them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition, says nothing about race.

As Americans we are among the same social group who share a common national or cultural tradition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we chose to expand the definition of nation. We expanded what we define as our volk. Our volk includes not only cracker ass crackers but everyone else who decides to become us. That even includes wayward Swedes who got sick of being cold in Swedeland and decided to be cold in Michigan.
Well, the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition, says nothing about race.

As Americans we are among the same social group who share a common national or cultural tradition.
You are correct in that the definition you posted does not mention race as a component defining ethnicity. But, if we look at practical nd logistical considerations in their historical context, we see that race is one of the several components that can comprise ethnicity. I think of myself as Latino/Hispanic but I don't look at all like a Guatemalan who speaks Spanish and that I hired to do some yard work out of the Home Depot parking lot. Some definitions of ethnicity lump us into the same detention cell. Others put me on the outside of that same cell holding the key to the door.  Just because the current dictionary editor chooses to omit race (whatever that might mean) as a component doesn't mean that it isn't there.

We just need to get over this humans are not animals thing and abandon "race". We should use "breed" instead. It works for cows and dogs. A Holstein can make baby cows with a long horn and a GSD can make freaky mutant baby dogs with a Chihuahua. My brother has proven that he can interbreed with Ginger so that proves they are the same species even if they are different breeds.   It will work for Humans if we can only just get over our conceit that we are god's chosen hairless apes.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So you contend that the very notion of ethnicity is a Nazi thing?

Godwin indeed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The nation as a concept is based on history, language, and ethnicity. The US is based on the first of those, with certain ideals added, but it's not based around any specific ethnicity.
You are incorrect. The USA is based on all of them.

Ethnicity-the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.
Ethnicity requires a bit more than that.
Now you will argue genes? Didn't some short little Austrian dude do that back in the mid 20th century?

Paging Doctor Godwin. Doctor Godwin to the white courtesy phone please.
So you contend that the very notion of ethnicity is a Nazi thing?

Godwin indeed.
Not at all but it amuses me no end to bring Nazis into the conversation when it strikes me as appropriate or funny. You can try and fail to be Japanese all you want. It's the Japanese who will decide that you are still a Swede. If you try to become an American and to immerse yourself in your nascent Americanness, we will let happily Hyphen-American you because more of us than not have chosen to expand our definition of what the American ethnicity is. Are we dictionary accurate in our new definition? Fuck no. But who has enough pull to tell us we're wrong and to make it stick? We determine who "us" is and none of "them" can do fuck all about it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not at all but it amuses me no end to bring Nazis into the conversation when it strikes me as appropriate or funny. You can try and fail to be Japanese all you want. It's the Japanese who will decide that you are still a Swede. If you try to become an American and to immerse yourself in your nascent Americanness, we will let happily Hyphen-American you because more of us than not have chosen to expand our definition of what the American ethnicity is. Are we dictionary accurate in our new definition? Fuck no. But who has enough pull to tell us we're wrong and to make it stick? We determine who "us" is and none of "them" can do fuck all about it.
View Quote
Well said and the American way is the only way I agree with.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your argument would hold more weight if you used correct examples; Wales is not part of England, they are separate (constituent) countries of the UK.

Perhaps more time spent looking at maps and less time spent reading dictionaries?
View Quote
I chose to use England as my example intentionally knowing that someone would break out the UK as a counter. The only non-political difference between a Welshman and a proper Englishman is that the Welsh use too many letters and in too weird a combination when they write street signs. That and that they've had the English boot on their necks for so long that they don't even think about it any more.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wrong.

Is Brazil a nation? Yes.
What race are Brazilians? ???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is wholly impossible to strip the concept of “nation” from the historical concept of “race.”

The two terms are virtually interchangeable.
Wrong.

Is Brazil a nation? Yes.
What race are Brazilians? ???
All the races. But don't go thinking that the "good" Brazilians (Portuguese and German) don't know how much better they are then the rest of them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
While I don't agree with all that they say, Bohr_Adam and Cincinnatus are clearly two of the more intelligent posters left on the site.  Their biggest failure is arguing with idiots  You can start with their posts if you want to save time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The historical context is... historical.  If you had said you were a nationalist 10 years ago it would be met with the same reaction, or stronger.  It's not some recent MSM twist on the definition.  If anything, the right is attempting to redefine it, much the way the left constantly redefines other words (which we complain about ad nauseam).  But this has already been discussed in detail in the thread.

I'd suggest rereading some of the better posts, rather than re-litigating.
No.
But if them smarty pants dudes decline to roll around in the mud with us ignorant pigs, what will we poor pigs do for amusement?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Look up the historical definition or read a book.

Do your own work.
View Quote
I've read quite a few books and nationalism isn't a synonym with jingoism.   By the actual definition, I am a nationalist.  I'm also a patriot.   There is quite a bit of overlap between the two.

Just because the liberal press likes to conflate nationalism and white nationalism doesn't mean I have to buy into the bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Heritage is secondary, national identity is primary.

Are you an American?
Or do you claim allegiance to another country?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we should care because? What's your opinion on people of Hispanic heritage such as I? Just wondering.
Heritage is secondary, national identity is primary.

Are you an American?
Or do you claim allegiance to another country?
This.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But if them smarty pants dudes decline to roll around in the mud with us ignorant pigs, what will we poor pigs do for amusement?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The historical context is... historical.  If you had said you were a nationalist 10 years ago it would be met with the same reaction, or stronger.  It's not some recent MSM twist on the definition.  If anything, the right is attempting to redefine it, much the way the left constantly redefines other words (which we complain about ad nauseam).  But this has already been discussed in detail in the thread.

I'd suggest rereading some of the better posts, rather than re-litigating.
No.
I know my limitations and have to abstain because the quality of my own posting is too low
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No.  I know that Nationalist does not equal racist.  That’s ignorant.

But Nationalist ALSO does not equal Patriot.  That TOO is ignorant.
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

American 100%. I was just wondering bc some (not all) nationalists have racist tendencies.
View Quote
In the 18th and early 19th century, the words nationalism and patriotism were used pretty much interchangeably.  The use of the word nationalism changed, and is now usually used to imply competition with, or hostility toward, those not associated with one's nation.  As such, it has been considered a factor in various wars of the 19th and early 20th century, though in that sense it seems to apply more to governments than individuals -  in those cases it generally involved a nation's desire to impose its will or interests on other nations, and became somewhat synonymous with imperialism.  It could also be seen as a form of tribalism, with the nation (or some cultural or racial subset of it, in the case of 'white nationalism') substituting for the older and smaller tribal affiliation.  Nationalism at the individual level need not be all that different from patriotism- the guy in the 1970's who wouldn't buy a foreign-made automobile could be considered a nationalist in that regard.  Such subsets as 'white nationalists' are generally just bigoted idiots, and not nationalists in the more encompassing meaning of the word nation.  Being a nationalist in the United States need not imply that one is a racist, especially given the rather mixed nature of the American population, though in more homogeneous cultures it likely would.  The use of the term as applied to 'white nationalists' denigrates the term, in my opinion - the older term 'white supremacists' more properly describes them, especially as to those that also adhere to ideologies such as the Neo-Nazis, thereby essentially abandoning any loyalty or attachment to their actual nation.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Trusting a dictionary to teach you complex concepts, such as nationality, is pants on head retarded.

You keep on being you though.
View Quote
This. You guys are just digging yourselves deeper.

This thread is bringing out the GD Corky's like crazy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Apparently feelz > definitions for some here.
View Quote
Or in your case, feelz > knowledge.

Your opinion and feelings don't matter to the reality of what that word means, and HAS MEANT, throughout History by those who used it, not by liberals apologists.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Or in your case, feelz > knowledge.

Your opinion and feelings don't matter to the reality of what that word means, and HAS MEANT, throughout History by those who used it, not by liberals apologists.
View Quote
Why don't you define the reality of the word?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Man, just stop.

You really have no idea how far out of your league you are. Seriously, this is making everyone on this forum look like idiots.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Man, just stop.

You really have no idea how far out of your league you are. Seriously, this is making everyone on this forum look like idiots.
View Quote
Read all of my posts in order. I dare you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nationalism and patriotism often overlap, but aren't quite the same idea.

But nationalism used to be common in the world, and especially in America. Americans leaders used to put American interest above anything else, and we were a better country for it.
View Quote
But of course.  Diverting resources to another rarely works in benefit of the one doing to donation.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I've read quite a few books and nationalism isn't a synonym with jingoism.   By the actual definition, I am a nationalist.  I'm also a patriot.   There is quite a bit of overlap between the two.  
View Quote
There is quite a lot of overlap between nationalism and jingoism, because it is just nationalism taking to a further degree. However, nationalism is at root, the same. It's merely a question of degrees.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
A Nationalist can be a Leftist.  And many hardcore Leftists (Communists) have aspirations that are to a certain degree, Nationalist in nature.
View Quote
I agree and have no problem with that. Ironically that's the way it should be. Nationalism = preserving your national culture and your national sovereignty. If you have other things to iron out, like freedom and civil rights, that's another issue(s).
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I agree and have no problem with that. Ironically that's the way it should be. Nationalism = preserving your national culture and your national sovereignty. If you have other things to iron out, like freedom and civil rights, that's another issue(s).
View Quote
Why can't freedom and civil rights be a part of a culture?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why don't you define the reality of the word?
View Quote
It's been defined MANY times on here already?

Have you even read the thread?

You do this all the time, in so many threads pertaining to politics, religion, and social issues. You attempt to inject your astonishingly simplistic "ideas" into very complex discussions, all the while beaming with an intense sense of intellectual superiority.

At first, I thought you were just trolling for giggles, but it soon became apparent you actually believe your own shit.

You are the knew GD KANGAROO.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's been defined MANY times on here already?

Have you even read the thread?

You do this all the time, in so many threads pertaining to politics, religion, and social issues. You attempt to inject your astonishingly simplistic "ideas" into very complex discussions, all the while beaming with an intense sense of intellectual superiority.

At first, I thought you were just trolling for giggles, but it soon became apparent you actually believe your own shit.

You are the knew GD KANGAROO.
View Quote
So I'll take it as you have no definitive answer and all you're capable of is insult.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#35]
OKAY
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So I'll take it as you have no definitive answer and all you're capable of is insult.
View Quote
It's not an insult if it's true.

Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This. You guys are just digging yourselves deeper.

This thread is bringing out the GD Corky's like crazy.
View Quote
Why don't you enlighten us with your oh so giant brain of vast intellect instead of constant insults?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why don't you enlighten us with your oh so giant brain of vast intellect instead of constant insults?
View Quote
I have. Others have. It is falling on deaf ears.

Besides, I stand by what I said. You are either the greatest troll in history or.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They can be.  And the opposite can be.

Putin is a Nationslist.
View Quote
I agree 100%
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Besides, I stand by what I said. You are either the greatest troll in history or.....
View Quote
Again, more insults.

You are only capable of this I suppose.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's not an insult if it's true.

View Quote
Oh look, more great contribution from you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I understand this quite well. Like I said, there are bad apples everywhere. Plenty of Hispanics think whites are inferior, I have seen this plenty of times.
View Quote
Care to share?  I’ve seen racism against whites many times, not usually from Hispanics though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Left have Nationalist aspirations, AND they are the exact opposite of Patriotic.

They hate THIS country and this Constitution.  And if they win, they will be extremely Nationalistic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A Nationalist can be a Leftist.  And many hardcore Leftists (Communists) have aspirations that are to a certain degree, Nationalist in nature.
The Left have Nationalist aspirations, AND they are the exact opposite of Patriotic.

They hate THIS country and this Constitution.  And if they win, they will be extremely Nationalistic.
I was referring to other nations. Communists in this country represent a foreign ideology. One with which we are at war ideologically. If they were to come to power what are you suggesting their "nationalistic" policies would be? The way you worded that sounds to me like you have a liberal media fed idea of what nationalism is.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok, so I went back and read the entire thread. Where in this thread have you defined any of this?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That is the polar opposite of the meaning.

Nationalism as a concept puts ones ethno-linguistic group above current citizenship. The history of nationalism is a history of people sharing the same concept of an ethnic heritage seeking to break away from a political state which was not led by that same group and/or to unify separate political states which the nationalists believed were rightly part of their same group - thus the modern concept of a "nation-state." As such, nationalism has always been about race/ethnicity/etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we should care because? What's your opinion on people of Hispanic heritage such as I? Just wondering.
Dont conflate nationalism with racism.  If you believe the country you are a citizen of should look out for itself first and foremost.. you are a nationalist.
That is the polar opposite of the meaning.

Nationalism as a concept puts ones ethno-linguistic group above current citizenship. The history of nationalism is a history of people sharing the same concept of an ethnic heritage seeking to break away from a political state which was not led by that same group and/or to unify separate political states which the nationalists believed were rightly part of their same group - thus the modern concept of a "nation-state." As such, nationalism has always been about race/ethnicity/etc.
So then what would you call someone who wishes to maintain the sovereignty of a Nation-State or Country. What do you call someone who wants to put their own country's interests first? What do you call someone who doesn't want their country to be absorbed into a Multi-National body like the EU? What do you call someone who wants strong borders, and who opposes trade policies that favor other nations over our own? What do you call someone who doesn't feel their country needs to answer to some worthless Global Bureaucracy headquartered in Manhattan?

I suggest the name for that is "Nationalist".
"Patriot" isn't quite the word, because it is a subjective term. It really is mostly used in the format of "Some good countryman"... which is subjective. Conservatives might claim to sole ownership of that term, but I've heard of Liberals referring to some of their heroes as "Patriots". So I would never use "Patriot" as a sort of political descriptor.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You have to stop the knee-jerk accusation that anyone who disagrees with you about the meaning of the word MUST be a victim of the MSM.  It makes you sound silly.

If the LEFT wins and takes over the country, THEY will determine the policies of the Nation, and they WILL be Nationalistic.  They won’t be foreign invaders, they will be native-born, red-blooded Americans.

You mistakenly are ascribing an ideology or morality to the idea of Nationalism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was referring to other nations. Communists in this country represent a foreign ideology. One with which we are at war ideologically. If they were to come to power what are you suggesting their "nationalistic" policies would be? The way you worded that sounds to me like you have a liberal media fed idea of what nationalism is.
You have to stop the knee-jerk accusation that anyone who disagrees with you about the meaning of the word MUST be a victim of the MSM.  It makes you sound silly.

If the LEFT wins and takes over the country, THEY will determine the policies of the Nation, and they WILL be Nationalistic.  They won’t be foreign invaders, they will be native-born, red-blooded Americans.

You mistakenly are ascribing an ideology or morality to the idea of Nationalism.
I'll try again. If they were to come to power what are you suggesting their "nationalistic" policies would be?
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

... I think they'd turn into a purity spiral and immediately balkanize. The only thing that unites the left is their hatred for the right (among other things they hate). If they succeeded in eradicating us, they'd turn around and start killing one another.

History is actually on my side on this. Leftist terrorists would murder one another over slight disagreements over Leftist-Socialist policies during the Cold War.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top