Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My last name is sort of a known black name. Mostly from certain football celebs and other tv retards.  Those people just so happened to get my name from my ancestors. .  But, none the less, last time I had to do the job hunt tango I was told not once. But twice that they thought I was an African American. And you could hear the disappointment in their voice while explaining to me that they were looking for a minority candidate. And asked the clearly white voice on the phone if I was indeed not a minority.   Then said goodbye. I ended both of those conversations with me not wanting to work for a racist company. And thanked them for not wasting my time.

This racist discrimination should be illegal.  But our government incentivizes it.
View Quote

There was a guy on here years ago who said he has a "Black" name and he was being heavily courted for one of the service academies, and finally some lightbulb must have gone on with the guy calling him and he yelled in an exasperated voice, "Look, are you Black, or what???"

Pretty sure he didn't get in.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
didn't a country recently announce that they would in fact recognize racial identity regardless of biological race ... i.e. I was born white but now identify as black, etc.
View Quote

Are you talking about the US ?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My children are “white” but born and raised in a Latino Hispanic majority culture. Does that make them Hispanic?
View Quote

I couldn't find "Si."
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not sure why you would have to lie right now, Helen Keller could get a pilot job in this economy. If one cant get a job today they may need to ask themselves why...
View Quote

I have a job. Best job I've ever had. It's 100% remote, off shift, and requires so little work I've decided to get another one. They won't overlap. I'm going to look until I find another 100% remote job that requires me to do very little and do both at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Beto O'Rourke thread?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, my advice is, if you are a man and get an interview, wear a dress.  If the company is woke then you will almost certainly get the job even if you aren't qualified.  You will never have to wear it again because you have established your credentials.

ETA I've been recommending to my kids that they pick "mixed race" because it is almost certain that they have at least as much of something non-White as fuaxcahontis had Indian in her.  It's easy to make up a story about a grandparent from Greece or Argentina or something.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
There are lilly white Mexicans. We had one at work. Blonde and blue eyed and still could not speak English that well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Beto O'Rourke thread?
View Quote

Or Elizabeth Warren. Or Kamala Harris. I could just pick a country and really take this to the moon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP, my advice is, if you are a man and get an interview, wear a dress.  If the company is woke then you will almost certainly get the job even if you aren't qualified.  You will never have to wear it again because you have established your credentials.
View Quote

That's phase 3.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Any human can claim to be African-American - homo sapians all come from Africa - scientific fact.

There is no standard beyond self identification in the EEO world.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So we will stand up to "the jab" at the risk of our livelihoods but pretend to be Mexicans to get jobs. Sounds legit.
View Quote

Holy moly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They might expect you to know Spanish if you put Hispanic on the application.
View Quote

Why? Is that Hispanic’s official language?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There are lilly white Mexicans. We had one at work. Blonde and blue eyed and still could not speak English that well.
View Quote

Bet his strange dialect of German was pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Ki yi yi yi I am the frito bandito.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It worked for Geraldo.
View Quote

Didn't work out so well for this guy . . .

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There was a guy on here years ago who said he has a "Black" name and he was being heavily courted for one of the service academies, and finally some lightbulb must have gone on with the guy calling him and he yelled in an exasperated voice, "Look, are you Black, or what???"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My last name is sort of a known black name. Mostly from certain football celebs and other tv retards.  Those people just so happened to get my name from my ancestors. .  But, none the less, last time I had to do the job hunt tango I was told not once. But twice that they thought I was an African American. And you could hear the disappointment in their voice while explaining to me that they were looking for a minority candidate. And asked the clearly white voice on the phone if I was indeed not a minority.   Then said goodbye. I ended both of those conversations with me not wanting to work for a racist company. And thanked them for not wasting my time.

This racist discrimination should be illegal.  But our government incentivizes it.

Buddy of mine is Armenian and his parents were born in Ethiopia then immigrated to the US.  I've been begging him to check the African American box.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
They might expect you to know Spanish if you put Hispanic on the application.

Why? Is that Hispanic’s official language?

Yeah...Hispanic is a catch all and doesn't really separate European immigrants from south of the border ones.  My family came over from Spain a loooong time ago, not quite Columbus time frame  let's just say the Church didn't have electricity when it was built.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Ancestry DNA confirmed I’m 1% West African. Using the Elizabeth Warren school of cultural appropriation, I think I might accept my African heritage and utilize affirmative action to open doors.

Never mind that I’m ginger AF. The liberals have written new  rules about identity, so why not exploit them?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm like 1/4 asian so I put down asian these days.

*shrug*

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My SIL is one. 100% Cuban, came to the US 11 years ago.

I am the definitive 'pasty white guy' and he's more pale than I am

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, if you're actually fluent in spanish it really, really helps in your job application. And white(as in actual white) hispanics do exist.

My SIL is one. 100% Cuban, came to the US 11 years ago.

I am the definitive 'pasty white guy' and he's more pale than I am

You refer to your sister-in-law as a "he"?
Are you having a stroke or are you just the typical confused GD poster?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I already got the "jab" (gay fucking name for it) because I passed the ninth grade, and took biology.

Hispanic and Mexican are not the same thing. I learned that in school too. Maybe the gun crowd should pay more attention to that there newfangled school thingy.
View Quote
LOL what did you learn in 9th grade biology that lead you to believing that the covid shot is a good thing for you?  You know, the one that wasn't even a vaccine until they changed the definition of vaccine?

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Now here's the down side the more militant Hispanics in the organization are likely to hunt you down and call you out on it.  I say this as a guy with a hispanic surname and a whitebread 1st name.  You will questioned about do you speak spanish?  Where are you from?  
View Quote

They get *real* butthurt when you fire back that the reason for that last name is that you have an unbroken ancestry line that can be traced back to the conquistadors.

"My ancestors conquered and looted half a planet....from yours."
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#22]
You should tell them your trans.   Cut your cock off and everything.  

That'd teach em a lesson!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Be sure when speaking to add essay in the beginning. essay this and essay that and so on
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's self-identified, right? You can be Hispanic of any race.
I tan up pretty good.
I'll use the Hispanic version of my name.

Bet I get a ton of offers.

Anyone done this?

View Quote
For me it is the truth.  I'm of Franco-Spanish descent on both sides of my mom's family.  DNA test showed her mostly Spanish and "Mediteranian" and only 7% French.  Been marking Hispanic for about a decade.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I met a white Jenkins.  She was all messed up and full of guilt.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#26]
If they question you, just say "no manches, buey, no seas payaso!"
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Or I'll just show them my card.
View Quote
Green card or welfare card?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You know, if you're actually fluent in spanish it really, really helps in your job application. And white(as in actual white) hispanics do exist.
View Quote

Go look up the president of pretty much any country south of us.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#29]
My DNA says 1% Coptic Egyptian.

That's more than Elizabeth Warren is Indian!

Just one drop....
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or I'll just show them my card.

That's so funny I'm not even going to call you stupid.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#31]
How about Native American.....worked for Pocahontas.............................
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't have to cut it off. It's bigoted to ask!  Duh.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How about Native American.....worked for Pocahontas.............................
View Quote

Pretty much every single person I've ever known who was getting some kind of Indian welfare was either completely White or completely Black.

When I went to law school we used to go to meetings of the different "ethnic" student clubs (there wasn't one for Whitey, of course), because they served food.

Went to the Native American one. The student leader was a White guy. The faculty adviser was a White woman. Her husband was a White guy. They all would go on and on about their Indian heritage. I had some questions about that. They didn't like them.

I have an old work buddy who's a Mormon White guy. If he was any Whiter, he would be transparent. White. As. Fuck. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in his family was a full blooded Indian, as many people who settled the West could say. He went all the way through a Master's for free. 100% free.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unlike her I'm not dumb enough to post my DNA results.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Bingo!  A beautiful, diversity quote fulfilling ethnicity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hispanic is a culture/ethnicity, not a race.

Bingo!  A beautiful, diversity quote fulfilling ethnicity.

Last Antropology class I took in college, there were only three races,
Negroid (black) Caucasoid (white) and Mongoloid (asian).

Could be this has change with woke universities but thats what they were teaching when I was in college.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#36]
At the interview if your eye color doesn't sync you can always go with brown tinted contacts, Guayabera shirt, sandals and a men's rosary necklace.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I already got the "jab" (gay fucking name for it) because I passed the ninth grade, and took biology.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So we will stand up to "the jab" at the risk of our livelihoods but pretend to be Mexicans to get jobs. Sounds legit.
View Quote
Roll with it, it is the way of Clown World.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus what a dumb take. Does this look like a white person with merely a different culture?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm like 1/4 asian so I put down asian these days.

*shrug*

View Quote

That might actually work against you these days...
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
didn't a country recently announce that they would in fact recognize racial identity regardless of biological race ... i.e. I was born white but now identify as black, etc.
View Quote

The Jerk: I Was Born a Poor Black Child (Bale of Cotton)

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:19:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just say you're bisexual. They can't ask you to prove it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Jesus what a dumb take. Does this look like a white person with merely a different culture?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/281163/F995F0CA-D6C1-4CE1-B008-8481B63FCB1D_jpe-2145969.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/281163/F995F0CA-D6C1-4CE1-B008-8481B63FCB1D_jpe-2145969.JPG

She's not Hispanic. She's native. Although now would be labeled Latinx, I think, whatever the fuck that is.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bigoted to say bisexual because it implies there are two genders. Or so they say. Whole fucking world's gone crazy.

Kids say "fluid" now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You need to practice.

Maybe watch Born in East L.A. a few times.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#46]
European...hispanic quite white looking
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Hispanic and Mexican are not the same thing. I learned that in school too. Maybe the gun crowd should pay more attention to that there newfangled school thingy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@mucknuggle

So since you took biology in high school, perhaps you can enlighten the class as to why some Nordic countries are not allowing the moderna vaccine to certain demographics, and how exactly these shots are fucking with hearts.

Im excited to learn much biology from you, even if it was just high school.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, she looks like she’s one ritual away from cutting the heart out of someone to make the sun rise.

The Spanish, Portuguese, and fleeing nazis didn’t breed with everyone south of the border, there’s still a significant native population.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I have only a single pronoun. It's pronounced  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You have to hold the note for at least a minute and a half and hit at least 82 decibles or you are mispronouning me and I will sue.
View Quote

OK, mispronouning me......I raffed. LOL

Half Cuban, half Swiss (from the French part), guess I am Swisspanic........or Swistino

Merde! Coño, laisse moi tranquilo.  Go get me un de ces pastelitos

Fuck I am confused
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Any human can claim to be African-American - homo sapians all come from Africa - scientific fact.

There is no standard beyond self identification in the EEO world.
View Quote

Now I am completely confused............ Afriswisspanican or Afriswisstinoican   (this one sounds like an Indian tribe, probably related to the Fukawee tribe) LOL
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top