Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Riding my motorcycle here in the national forest I've always loved the earthy smells riding the twisty roads through the forest. Now it's the skunky weed smell.  It seems like history already shows what a culture that embraces weed looks like. Cultures that have used weed for hundreds of years are 3rd world countries.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’d have to be high to endure that shit.
View Quote

I worked for minimum wage at a grocery store when I was in school.  We were too busy to get high at work.  Too much work to be done.  

Plus, I actually cared about my job.  Let's hear from the pot head in a few years when he's complaining about not getting a promotion.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s medicine
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Yo man, I'm here to work on your gas piping and furnace, I'll get started inside after I take a ''smoke break'' if you know what I mean. Heh, heh, heh.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I've lived in major cities, I've lived on the east coast, the south, west coast, etc. I've seen what you're taking about, but aside from the Washingtonians, it hasn't taken hold here, yet. I'm sure it's coming at some point
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Oklahoma passed medical marijuana and it will go down as the biggest mistake we will ever make.

Chinese communists came in and bought all the available land for pot farms. They harvest and bootleg it to Texas or Arkansas for 3x the price in Oklahoma.

Ranchers can't graze; water table is lowering from all the weed farms, etc. etc.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#7]
The grocery store worker and the guy filling your propane tanks have always been high or drunk.  The difference is they used to try to act sober but now it doesn't matter
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seems like everyone's high. Step outside and immediately get the stench of a million rotting skunks injected up your nose.

Just today, I watched some stoner almost hit three different pedestrians just trying to back out of a parking spot, completely unaware of anything around him. He rolled down his window and I bet you could smell him from the International Space Station.
View Quote

Just one time following a truck of dead pigs from the stockyards will raise your offensive smell meter to the moon.

Paladin
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes I come up behind a tractor trailer and smell weed while driving on the freeway.   Him and I are the only ones on the road, between 0330 and 0400.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Last week as I was walking out of a Safeway supermarket, in eastern Wa the smell of pot assailed me.   A couple of workers on break sitting down.  I'm sure they're getting high while working violates their company's rules, but it's none of my concern.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#11]
1/4 of my shop vape... appear high also. Leave wheels loose,caliper bracket loose, misdiagnose,and install incorrect parts on vehicles to ordered for other vehicles....
All part of the plan of dumbing down the populous.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#12]
When I've worked in the Oakland container terminal I've parked or been dropped off in the ILWU longshore parking lot in the morning.

You can see ILWU guys reefing in their cars and smell the smoke. It's not even hidden.

I was under the impression that ILWU did drug testing but it doesn't seem to be true or these guys are gaming their tests
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oklahoma passed medical marijuana and it will go down as the biggest mistake we will ever make.

Chinese communists came in and bought all the available land for pot farms. They harvest and bootleg it to Texas or Arkansas for 3x the price in Oklahoma.

Ranchers can't graze; water table is lowering from all the weed farms, etc. etc.

View Quote

This one is just a mile from my house, in an otherwise complexly rural residential area

The entire property is fenced off with that black privacy mesh fencing, 6ft high so you can't see in. I didn't notice until I drove by one day and a tree had fallen on part of the fencing and I could see the row of greenhouses and was like, hmmm....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#14]
As a society, we think being high is harmless and improves performance. Don't you just love propaganda Job site injuries are rising during a long period of low injuries. Nothing like doubling down on stupid.

Overall, drug overdose deaths rose from 2019 to 2022 with 107,941 drug overdose deaths reported in 2022. Deaths involving synthetic opioids other than methadone (primarily fentanyl) continued to rise with 73,838 overdose deaths reported in 2022.

https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates#:~:text=Overall%2C%20drug%20overdose%20deaths%20rose,overdose%20deaths%20reported%20in%202022
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I went to the Secretary of State office and the clerk reeked of marijuana. At first, I thought it was the customer in front of me, until they left and nothing changed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#16]
It is not enforced and they can get away with it. Labor is in low supply for a variety of reasons. Latest generation wasn’t taught to work. Young, attractive women get much more through cashapp and Venmo than they could working an hourly job. Many young men live with single moms who are receiving alimony and want a “man” around so they allow the young man to live with them rent free and pay for their necessities.  Like someone put it, the modern world is comforting to the body but uncomfortable for the soul.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I mean with de-criminalization or legalization going on in half the states I would venture to say more people are probably smoking yes.

But honestly I think a lot of you guys have zero clue what someone stoned actually looks like.

For example. I have a co-worker that is probably the biggest Karen I have ever met. I have had to explain to him 3 times now why snitching is fucked up and if our co-workers are actually getting high at lunch then A, someone from management will undoubtedly hit them with a random, but its not his job to be a junior G man and run and narc to our bosses about people he has absolutely zero proof of doing anything. And I keep trying to tell him if he ends up costing someone whose worked at the same job for 20 years their job over weed, well he's going to get fucked up.

See he's one of those straight edge fags that has never smoked or drank and has absolutely zero clue what someone on drugs really looks like.

The irony is all of the people he's name dropping, and talking shit behind their backs aren't even the ones doing drugs. I work in a factory so to say there's a fair number of people who are get stoned is an understatement. But I frankly don't blame them. If I had to stand in a hot ass building for 10 hours turning wrenches bolting shit together with no music or anything to distract you from the brutal repetition and piss poor pay that job has. I mean do you really care if the guy your paying 15 bucks an hour to stand in a tyvek suit running the primer station has a buzz? If that's how he has to survive his day then whatever, no skin off my ass.

Seems like MYOB is a skill not taught anymore.

View Quote

The "straight edge fag" would be responsible for someone else getting fired over their drug use?

People need drugs to endure daily life?

You sound like the biggest whiner and excuse maker.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I went to the Secretary of State office and the clerk reeked of marijuana. At first, I thought it was the customer in front of me, until they left and nothing changed.
View Quote

Last month I watched Enterprise rent out a vehicle to a guy that absolutely reeked of weed.  I thought he was going to get turned down... nope
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#19]
GD:
I LIVE IN A GATED UPSCALE COMMUNITY OF HOUSES PAID FOR IN CASH BUT I CANT STEP OUT MY FRONT DOOR WITHOUT SMELLING THESE TRASH PEOPLE SMOKING THAT SKUNK SMELLING WEED EVERYWHERE I GO EVERYWHERE I DRIVE OR EVERY STORE I GO INTO SMELLS LIKE POT EVERY ONE OF THESE GARBAGE HUMANS IN MY NICE AREA SMELLS LIKE POT I SMOKED POT IN HIGH SCHOOL THIS ISN'T THE SAME POT AS IT WAS IN 1960

Attachment Attached File

You know how they say if everyone you meet all day long is an asshole, maybe you're the asshole?  Well maybe if you smell weed everywhere you go all the time...
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It seems like many people are smoking weed while driving theses days. I can smell it when I'm on the motorcycle behind one of them.
View Quote

Legit. Full face helmet on, Road Glide fairing in front of me and Jesus does it smell like a skunk just crawled up my fuel tank.

I toked as a teen and it's surreal that it's so open now ( I'm old as balls )

I voted for recreational legalization, but it needs to be 100% treated like alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Weekend at retail/grocery.

At bottom barrel pay you get bottom barrel employees.
View Quote

If you show up to work drunk you get fired, regardless of pay.

I don’t have time for any of that shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#22]
The drug culture will do more to gutt America than the Chinese and Russians ever will. They are the new public enemy #1.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#23]
We have a guy who looks like a young Dave Chappel at the local stop and rob who is half fucked up on THC, dude is like a zombie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This, and it's undeniable. Hard to believe it was so fucking easy.
View Quote

Most are in the city. They were fucked long before COVID.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It’s medicine
View Quote

Especially, behind the dumpster at Red Lobster. Them goofs ain't gonna smoke themselves.

Man.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A bunch of idiots thinking normalizing drug use by making it legal has consequences...
View Quote

Yeah like caffeine and alcohol, we put those heathens in jail too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This one is just a mile from my house, in an otherwise complexly rural residential area

The entire property is fenced off with that black privacy mesh fencing, 6ft high so you can't see in. I didn't notice until I drove by one day and a tree had fallen on part of the fencing and I could see the row of greenhouses and was like, hmmm....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/360387/Screenshot_20240527_091856_onX_Hunt_jpg-3224876.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/360387/Screenshot_20240527_091856_onX_Hunt_jpg-3224876.JPG

Looks like enemy silos here and here, just north of Hanoi Captain.

'What happened to your mission Captain, sounds like Na-Trang forgot all about you!"

"They must of all gotten high sir."
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was at the grocery store yesterday and two guys working in the meat department looked really high.

One of the boys was loading small packages of meat into spring loaded bins and was throwing the small packages in the hole making a shooting sound ever time one hit in one of the holes then he would go, "DING"! Lol

Other places too like the guy who fills my propane bottles down at the gas plant. Lol some more.

But, I don't need that shit.
I am reality.

Has anybody noticed this too?
I can't believe that in Texas it's still illegal to possess with so many people doing it now.

Thanks in advance.
Go!

View Quote

Societal attitudes are shifting. We have problems at my stamping plant with being not only being high, but getting nigh at work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was at the grocery store yesterday and two guys working in the meat department looked really high.

One of the boys was loading small packages of meat into spring loaded bins and was throwing the small packages in the hole making a shooting sound ever time one hit in one of the holes then he would go, "DING"! Lol

Other places too like the guy who fills my propane bottles down at the gas plant. Lol some more.

But, I don't need that shit.
I am reality.

Has anybody noticed this too?
I can't believe that in Texas it's still illegal to possess with so many people doing it now.

Thanks in advance.
Go!

View Quote

Societal attitudes are shifting. We have problems at my stamping plant with being not only being high, but getting nigh at work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

What would happen if they were drunk or drinking at work? Fired on the spot I assume?

We’re letting this happen.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The drug culture will do more to gutt America than the Chinese and Russians ever will. They are the new public enemy #1.
View Quote

Humans have been altering their consciousness since before they evolved into Homo Sapiens. The new public enemy #1 imho are those that believe criminalizing it will somehow change that behavior.

The War On some Drugs has been an abject failure for the past six decades that has wasted 100's of billions of dollars, eroded freedom and militarized law enforcement, without a single positive benefit. Prohibition is the antithesis of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The "drug culture" is a symptom of a degraded society, not the cause of it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Know a guy at a high level in another dept. that is high af at work often, but he functions at a high level so I guess they all look the other way
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
china has succeeded in their quest to dumb down America with drugs in preparation for their complete takeover.
View Quote

By invitation of our government.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
china has succeeded in their quest to dumb down America with drugs in preparation for their complete takeover.
View Quote

Probably. What’s that book called “unrestricted warfare”.

Their plan was to make us such a mess there be no one to legitimately “fight” them.

It’s working too I have to admit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#35]
They were always high.. the weed is just better now
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's why the Chicomms pump so many resources to fight us in the "gray zone". Facilitating drugs is just one lever of that scheme and propaganda that counters the drug war narrative is another.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I thought arfcom GD prescribed themselves MYOB pills.
Sounds like you missed a dose OP.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#38]
i stopped at long john silvers alot lately. wife is filipino so its mandatory that she eats fish and rice like us with beef and potatoes. the entire staff at the circleville ohio location seem really unusual. they have messed up our order 3 out of 3 times now in ways that defy imagination.

they do stuff like say 36.91 when total is actually 18 bucks. when i pay 18 bucks they agree with my rounded off price quickly and say sorry we cant do math. then they say ill get you a receipt when your order comes up even though i never asked for one. then i get my order and receipt its 6 pieces short. when i show them they say okay wait here well make more.

next trip same thing they dont do math still and round everything down to the nearest buck. whats really odd is how i order the 4 pieces fish value packs for 6 bucks each and my order sometimes gets a tab of 15 bucks even then my order comes up short with 10 pieces of fish and i dont complain yet kids and all dont get to eat as much. its left me wondering if its a failure of the public education system or whats causing it.

another time i was left in the drive thru for 20 plus minutes only to find out every jammed up car was leaving one by one and drive thru windows were not open but no note except happy mothers day tomarrow in 2nd window something like that. went inside and everyone acted pissed and said they were under staffed. that order took like 35 minutes total from start to end. and as usual they still dont do math.

aside from the drive thru not being closed properly im not complaining i just dont see how its possible.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The "straight edge fag" would be responsible for someone else getting fired over their drug use?

View Quote

LOL, ban the coffee pot in the office and watch the place screech to a halt.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's what happens when places refuse to understand that there's a minimum bar of $/hr that brings in somewhat competent people who don't get high. Go below that bar of $/hr, and you get stoners.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew I had fucked up when departing an office that had a 42 cup percolator and usually made three full runs and 2-3 half runs per day, for one that just had three Kreurigs in the break room for 150 people. And I don't even drink hot coffee.

The latter was not a serious office, it was a joke and a waste of 5 years of my life. But it paid extremely well.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Homeowners sometimes seem offended when I turn down some beer or some weed after we finish a job. Like they have this expectation that the concrete guy surely wants to party with them.

Some days I wouldn't mind, but work isn't over just because we are done, and I don't want my guys thinking that it should be normal behavior to immediately get fucked up just because you accomplished your tasks for the day, creates a really nasty reward loop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to work for a stone mason that would put on a big straw hat and roll up a joint the size of a cigar and just start stacking rocks. He was really good too.
Best brick layer I ever saw was absolutely smashed all day everyday. Man could do art at 7am after about a 12 pack + a half pack of smokes.

RIP Augee!

also, literally all of the trades people I met in the early 90s had 3 things in common,  they smoked weed, had ridiculous stereo's, and were chronically broke. The ex wives might have had something to do with that.

Homeowners sometimes seem offended when I turn down some beer or some weed after we finish a job. Like they have this expectation that the concrete guy surely wants to party with them.

Some days I wouldn't mind, but work isn't over just because we are done, and I don't want my guys thinking that it should be normal behavior to immediately get fucked up just because you accomplished your tasks for the day, creates a really nasty reward loop.

Yep.  More to being a boss than just directing work.  You've got to be a leader and walk the walk.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#43]
The deal is:  People like to get high.  Always have.  Always will.  Whether it's alcohol, betel nut, coca leaves, tobacco, coffee, meth.  Shall I go on?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd argue that more productivity is lost these days from people being on their phone at work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

From as long as I can remember, in the trades going around trying to get people fired over smoking weed was always viewed as being a cunt move that could get you fucked up in the parking lot. This kid was raised by his grandparents who have the same archaic views about the devils lettuce. And I keep seeing the same kind of literal propaganda being spewed here by some supposed "freedom over everything" boomers that has caused him to think that its smart to go around spreading rumors about his co-workers that he has absolutely no proof of.

I know a few of the people he was going around talking about. One sits 3 spaces over from me in the parking lot at lunch watching anime on his phone and eating his lunchables. He acts a little weird because hes slightly autistic but thats not because hes on anything.

But even if they were who gives a fuck? Every single person he was talking shit about does menial labor jobs. Lifting, stacking, bolting together. For these guys working 10 hour days in the miserable conditions of a factory, for around 15 a hour, Ya I guess I'm not stupid because at that wage of course you're gonna get bottom of the barrel candidates. The miserable fucks don't even make enough to afford a studio apartment now.

But thats neither here nor there. I can honestly say I'm not worried at all about someone getting stoned on weed around me at work. I am terrified that some cunt is going to snort one of those fent pills in the bathroom and try to drive the forklift. You pay attention in the bathroom and the number of people who have snorting sounds coming from the stalls has been whats worrying me. Even in my rural town the fake percocet shit has been getting more and more prevalent. But at least with those cunts you can see them nodding off and while standing or whatever. Its the people who are doing meth so they can work 10 hours at my job, and then go run a landscaping company after work you have to watch out for. Those fuckers are all over the place fucking chewing nothing and twitching and hitting shit like support beams etc..

Hell a methhead was the reason we had to have police escorts after a guy who was tweeking at work got fired, and was caught on his way to shoot the place up with a van full of guns and propane cylinders.

But thats not even counting the alcoholics who think its perfectly OK to drink until 2 AM every night, come in still drunk and "sober up" all day until its quitting time, then straight to the store to get another 24 pack. Then you have the real hardcore ones who get the shakes all day until lunch when they can sneak a bootlegger.

So for me personally I am disappointed by the hypocrisy when it comes to weed. I have had Crohn's since I was 15, and last year at 33 was diagnosed with RA. I'm a prime candidate for a weed prescription and my doctor has offered on numerous times to refer me to the weed doc. But the choice isn't actually one I get to make. I have a CC permit. I refuse to surrender my 2A rights so I could even try it. Maybe it wouldn't do anything, but I don't like that I'm not even allowed to consider it as an option. If I wanted painkillers then I would be GTG with my permit.

I don't understand how half the country recognizes the medical value of pot, yet the feds are still playing games when it comes to scheduling. I have absolutely no issue with it being treated like alcohol, and I am 100% behind anyone who smokes and drives getting charged just like if you had a beer.

At the end of the day I was raised with a MYOB attitude. Fuck that blue falcon shit

EDIT: And boomers, lets not forget the shit you guys did back in the day. A guy whose worked at my job for close to 35 years was telling me how back in the 90s when they were allowed to smoke on the line, and crack some beers at the end of shit on the floor. But the most surprising thing was hearing how they used to have a communal bag of coke that everyone dipped in.

Point being that I'm sure if you're being honest, you too probably did some shady shit when you were young that would also have your parents talking about all the drugged out hippies all over town not giving out the correct change and fucking up their Mcdonalds.

Quoted:
I thought arfcom GD prescribed themselves MYOB pills.
Sounds like you missed a dose OP.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#46]
I live in a town of less than 20k people. There are 10 “smoke” shops that I know of.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Go buy something that costs $5.16 and hand them a 20 and 16 cents out of your pocket.
The meltdowns are always entertaining.
View Quote

That is usually caused by lack of education in our public schools. I’ve been doing that to cashiers for a long time. I usually pay for things with my debit card but always have some cash ready to go at a moments notice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#48]
I've asked few business owners and bosses about how do they plan to hire heavy machinery operators when it becomes legal.

They tell me that they have already stopped testing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#49]
I've noticed it too. At least they are friendly. One guy at a local hardware store recently lead me on a 15 minute conversations about drill bits and how to reverse the drill to make a smoother cut. He was fucking fully baked and reeked of fresh weed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 12:09:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
i stopped at long john silvers alot lately. wife is filipino so its mandatory that she eats fish and rice like us with beef and potatoes. the entire staff at the circleville ohio location seem really unusual. they have messed up our order 3 out of 3 times now in ways that defy imagination.

they do stuff like say 36.91 when total is actually 18 bucks. when i pay 18 bucks they agree with my rounded off price quickly and say sorry we cant do math. then they say ill get you a receipt when your order comes up even though i never asked for one. then i get my order and receipt its 6 pieces short. when i show them they say okay wait here well make more.

next trip same thing they dont do math still and round everything down to the nearest buck. whats really odd is how i order the 4 pieces fish value packs for 6 bucks each and my order sometimes gets a tab of 15 bucks even then my order comes up short with 10 pieces of fish and i dont complain yet kids and all dont get to eat as much. its left me wondering if its a failure of the public education system or whats causing it.

another time i was left in the drive thru for 20 plus minutes only to find out every jammed up car was leaving one by one and drive thru windows were not open but no note except happy mothers day tomarrow in 2nd window something like that. went inside and everyone acted pissed and said they were under staffed. that order took like 35 minutes total from start to end. and as usual they still dont do math.

aside from the drive thru not being closed properly im not complaining i just dont see how its possible.
View Quote

There is a lead/lag with every large object like a society. We are now finally starting to see the effects filter down to the daily observable interactions. It will only get worse.
Page / 5
Top Top