Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Duh, and a good tomahawk should accompany every bayonet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guns for show, knives for a pro.

I don't recall which British gangster movie that's from, sorry.
View Quote

This, but the opposite.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife's pistol....

She believes they are less likely to wrestle it away from her if she gets attacked.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3064/WP_JPG-1339794.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMiYklHvjk

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does any place sell junk or rusty old M7 Bayonets?  This thread has inspired me to find a way to adapt a bayonet to several non-standard builds and I want to buy some bayonets to perhaps chop up an modify but DON'T want to destroy something with retro value.

This 18" guy needs a bayonet

View Quote

http://ontarioknife.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=bayonet

Current production.

Edit:    Ontario Knife Company
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I know crowds were easier to handle with fixed bayonets

Never cleared a building with one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I am disappoint, guys!

Nothing says "Come at me, Bro!" like one of these:

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I don’t have a bayonet mount on most of my hard use rifles and I’ll be okay.

A suppressor will get a lot more use.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am disappoint, guys!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Trench_Gun_JPG-1340140.jpg
View Quote

My uncle bought two of those from the PD he retired from...…………...fun as hell to slam fire
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't have a bayonet mount on most of my hard use rifles and I'll be okay.
A suppressor will get a lot more use.
View Quote

After a couple mags, you could just touch the suppressor to their face and burn them real bad.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am disappoint, guys!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Trench_Gun_JPG-1340140.jpg
View Quote

I do need to find a trench gun barrel setup for my takedown '97...

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or a nice Kukri
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Or a nice Kukri
View Quote

What about a kopesh?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Or a nice Kukri
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or a nice Kukri

Taking a lesson from the guys in WWI that saw plenty of close quarters action in the trenches, don't forget an entrenching tool.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yes, I know about new ones.  I want inexpensive junk ones to cut up and modify.  $20 range, not $100
View Quote

Amazon
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I looked. I've been looking all day long.  The best options so far have been a $20 repro at Sarco and  $17 stainless one at BudK.  I don't feel bad about cutting either of those down.  But the quality is questionable.  I would prefer to buy some really salty or trashy USGI bayonets for about the same price.  The ones I see on ebay are too good to hack up.
View Quote

Coleman's Surplus has some that are on the rougher side based on the pictures, but they're also $40.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I gotta find me a bayonet for this bad larry preferably a leather handle M-4
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I approve of this thread.

Just remember to keep calm.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Does any place sell junk or rusty old M7 Bayonets?  This thread has inspired me to find a way to adapt a bayonet to several non-standard builds and I want to buy some bayonets to perhaps chop up an modify but DON'T want to destroy something with retro value.

This 18" guy needs a bayonet

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/Faxon_18_Gunner_Build-1093804.jpg
View Quote
Even shitty genuine M7 are spendy for experimentation. BudK sells a knockoff for around $20.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
... can in fact hinder Lootie's attempt to grab your barrel as it comes around the corner.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I looked on Amazon. I've been looking all day long.  The best options so far have been a $20 repro at Sarco and  $17 stainless one at BudK.  I don't feel bad about cutting either of those down.  But the quality is questionable.  I would prefer to buy some really salty or trashy USGI bayonets for about the same price.  The ones I see on ebay are too good to hack up.
View Quote

When you find one, pick me up one of the $90 SMLEs or $49 Mosins they'll probably have.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:23:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
lol this thread should be fun.
View Quote
Especially after the ok boomer comment
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:09:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Are you going to dig a trench in your bedroom while your at it? May want a lunging advantage on those pesky attackers. Place a couple cannons facing the door as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are you going to dig a trench in your bedroom while your at it? May want a lunging advantage on those pesky attackers. Place a couple cannons facing the door as well.
View Quote

If I could mount cannons, I would. But I think my downstairs neighbors would object if I started digging into the floor.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The Sarco reproductions look pretty good. Full tang,  supposedly 440 stainless. Sharp. Grip screws are the Chicago type and a bit flimsy, they will get replaced. The muzzle ring is too tight and will need to be opened up a bit, but the latch works fine. Good for a cutdown project or functional non-collectible sticker.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/94C6968A-B164-44DF-8A2E-5DE1E5EA4303-1365522.jpg
View Quote
Which one is that? They have several models.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
$20 "economy" made in China M7 bayonet, one review that says the ring is too tight
View Quote

China, huh? Crap.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Ooooh!  I just remembered...not only did I get it running, ostensibly, BUT I also have the 8 foot long Bayo for this thing!!!!

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:04:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Kentucky rifles were not military and therefore, didn't have bayonets.

On the other hand, a .75 caliber Brown Bess musket with a 17" pointy, tapered, triangular piece of steel allows you to exceed the FBI 12" of penetration, and leaves a nasty hole.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:20:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Kentucky rifles were not military and therefore, didn't have bayonets.

On the other hand, a .75 caliber Brown Bess musket with a 17" pointy, tapered, triangular piece of steel allows you to exceed the FBI 12" of penetration, and leaves a nasty hole.
View Quote

People on this continent have been using "Battlefield Pickups" since at least 1754
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Op can get a bayonet, I'm sticking with the much more effective rounds that come out of the barrel if I have to use deadly force. And a home invader trying to rush me to take my rifle is going to get lead, not steel. Plus, I have to admit, if I was on Op's jury where he bayoneted a home invader instead of shooting him, I'm wondering, why did Op allow the intruder/attacker to get close enough to bayonet him?  That doesn't add up, unless Op felt safe (wasn't fearing for his life) enough to allow that intruder to get close enough to bayonet him. Things don't add up. If all Op had to defend himself with was a spear or a sword and no guns, then I can understand the use of those weapons.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:30:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is the one you seek...

590A1
View Quote

Why do you need to stab birds?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#39]
A guy here a few years back on one of the "What is your home defense rifle" threads posted a photo of a M1 Garand with a M1905 bayonet attached.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:36:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Our brains seem to be trained on an instinctual level to fear knives. A criminal might well think that you won't pull the trigger if he rushes at you, but it's entirely different to run at a man holding a spear pointed straight at him. A 14.5" barreled AR with a bayonet doesn't lose much mobility rounding corners, and can in fact hinder Lootie's attempt to grab your barrel as it comes around the corner.

At the very least, I recommend you have one available. More options are better than fewer.
View Quote

My man
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It is important to remember that owning a guitar doesn't make  you a musician.  I'd say if  you really intend to use that bayonet maybe some training is in order?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Uncle jumped out of airplanes in WW2 and stabbed Germans. A real tough man he was.  "German was a good tough soldier" " Skin is a LOT tougher than you think" "Indecision will get you killed".

It is important to remember that owning a guitar doesn't make  you a musician.  I'd say if  you really intend to use that bayonet maybe some training is in order?

U.S.M.C. they will teach you to use a bayonet extremely well, and in just 12 weeks for free.  Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Turning your rifle into a shitty spear, while dramatically increasing your chances of getting snagged on something?

Brilliant!!!
View Quote

You want to know how I know that you don't know what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:02:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pity there aren't much in the way of bayonets available for 16" carbines.
View Quote

That's what they make bayonet adaptors for. Look it up, it lets everybody have fun.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Plus, I have to admit, if I was on Op's jury where he bayoneted a home invader instead of shooting him, I'm wondering, why did Op allow the intruder/attacker to get close enough to bayonet him?
That doesn't add up, unless Op felt safe (wasn't fearing for his life) enough to allow that intruder to get close enough to bayonet him. Things don't add up. If all Op had to defend himself with was a spear or a sword and no guns, then I can understand the use of those weapons.
View Quote
"I support the Second Amendment, but..."
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:10:23 AM EDT
[#45]

How the fuck did you get into my house? Oh wait sorry. I have a few more ammo cans than that. I swear that looks like my room.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:18:33 AM EDT
[#46]
The bayonet adapters for 16” look ugly as hell.  I have pondered cutting the tang under the grip, welding in a 1.5” extension, and making new scales that much longer.  Talking about the M7 bayonet, not an M9.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Op can get a bayonet, I'm sticking with the much more effective rounds that come out of the barrel if I have to use deadly force. And a home invader trying to rush me to take my rifle is going to get lead, not steel. Plus, I have to admit, if I was on Op's jury where he bayoneted a home invader instead of shooting him, I'm wondering, why did Op allow the intruder/attacker to get close enough to bayonet him?  That doesn't add up, unless Op felt safe (wasn't fearing for his life) enough to allow that intruder to get close enough to bayonet him. Things don't add up. If all Op had to defend himself with was a spear or a sword and no guns, then I can understand the use of those weapons.
View Quote

Please stop.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:23:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There isn't much a burglar fears more than a naked bayonet charge.
View Quote

Post and avatar go hand in hand
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's the perfect social distancing tool for when times are tough enough you take a rifle with you but still not quite time for "shoot anyone I don't know."
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
no, poop does not function well as a bayonet.  But I think these ones will, especially since they are cheap and I don't feel bad about cutting up the handle to make a few for my AR pistols

Type 440 Stainless Steel, as known as "razor blade steel," is a hardenable high-carbon chromium steel. When put under heat treatment it attains the highest hardness levels of any grade of stainless steel.
View Quote

That wasn't the context for the word in this case. I'm trying to reduce my consumption of goods from a country actively trying to destroy us. Therefore, 'oh crap.'
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top