Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My current house (built in 2007, we bought in 2017) came pre-wired with CAT5e. Unfortunately whoever installed it was a moran and didn't label anything, they didn't attempt to have any kind of organization, no patch panel, half the ends aren't terminated...

I've been here a little over 2 years and still haven't gotten the motivation to fix it yet. WiFi is working fine for us as of right now.

I have (3) Apple AirPort Extreme routers running, 1 as the main router and the other two as access points. They're all wired-in (I at least put in the effort to figure out which wires correspond to which rooms the APs are in) so there's no multiple wireless hops, at least. Works perfect for us. We can stream HD signals to multiple TVs at once without a hiccup.

If we had a more extensive backup solution I'd likely fix the wired setup. Maybe one day I'll get off my butt and do it.
View Quote
Funny part is I do a fair amount of large home managed networking (I normally use Luxul or Pakedge) but my network at home is 3 wired Airport Extremes.
I keep meaning to put something else in but the Apple stuff just keeps on working.
Even have a backstock of used Airports that were pulls from my clients houses.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That rackable server sitting on its side in a rack makes baby jeebus cry

And do you seriously power up a 7600 at home? In 2019? (Edit: Oh god, its a cat 4500! run away!)

I have a 1RU switch with more capacity than a 7613

I just scrapped a half a dozen 7609's for sheet metal value
View Quote
Like i said, it's a mess. The switch on the bottom is a 4507R. I used it primarily for CCNA studies, now it's mainly a counter weight for the bottom of the rack. I don't remember which supervisor module is in the 4507, but the Cisco 2960G at the top of the rack probably out performs it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#3]
This has been a fun one to read up on. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with going with CAT6 (I'd do the same) as I can think of very few applications over the next decade where I will require more than a GigE LAN network aside from in-rack switching. Older construction (such as my house circa 1975) has a minor disadvantage with the existing CAT3 all being stapled to the framing so as long as one does not secure stuff in a manner where it isn't practically serviceable, I would not be too worried about having to upgrade runs in the future.

That being said, my area of expertise is RF and while wireless is the simple solution…it can also be an impractical solution especially if latency and LAN throughput are key concerns. Limited spectrum, powering issues, MESHing can all be problem areas of wireless networks. Also, when it comes to camera systems, wired is much more robust (and resistant to some fairly simple Tom Foolery).
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Me and my 2 boys are currently running CAT6 and RG6 in our house (new construction). We've ran gray pvc in exterior walls that will get spray foam and two 2" pvc from the media closet in basement to the attic, with a 14" Leviton in wall cabinet in the first floor office to act as a midway pull-box.

Only got 9 cables pulled in 6hr today lol. It's fine tho, we're making good memories.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#5]
What do I win for having the crappiest wiring closet ever?

• Apple AirPort Extreme 6th-gen as the main router, with a hard drive toaster set up to run TimeMachine backups for our two computers.

• Headless Mac Mini as my VPN server

• Netgear GS108Ev3 8-port gigabit switch

• A big mess of wires that I don't have connected up

• Not pictured: 2 Apple AirPort Extreme 5th-gen as my wireless access points, wired to the switch.  I was also able to connect the blu-ray player in the next room to the switch, which is nice (that's the blue cable going up)

• Also not pictured: my cable modem, which is on the complete opposite side of my unfinished basement, because that's where the cable line comes into the house.  The previous owners had their network gear where I have mine now and just ran an ethernet cable from one side of the room to the other instead of having all the equipment in one place, so I kept the same layout.

This is in the unfinished area of my basement, underneath a jetted tub.  I like to live dangerously.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That rackable server sitting on its side in a rack makes baby jeebus cry

And do you seriously power up a 7600 at home? In 2019? (Edit: Oh god, its a cat 4500! run away!)

I have a 1RU switch with more capacity than a 7613

I just scrapped a half a dozen 7609's for sheet metal value
View Quote
Let’s hope Subnet is at least smart enough to go with Cat9K’s
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have thinking of moving the router and network switch into a closet. Will they over heat in a closed space like that?
View Quote
I put a Ubiquiti EdgeMAX PoE switch in my parents attic a year ago (central Texas)...still running and solder hasnt flowed yet. In a more serious note, I've got several routers deployed that live in Texas barns and haven't failed yet. Some equipment is quite robust.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The house I just bought has 14 drops and 6 audio zones wired. ATT just did my data setup and toned everything out for me as part of the install. Plus we have gigabit fiber.  I'm so happy I didnt have to run that cable myself. I also set up a Ubiquiti mesh system.

Now I just need to figure out what the hell to do with the audio system. I know nothing about multi zone audio. Anyone have any suggestions? All the zones have digital controllers built in to the walls with ethernet and speaker cable terminating in my office closet.  The family room is set up with 5.1 surround, the other zones are 2.1 channel.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Let's hope Subnet is at least smart enough to go with Cat9K's
View Quote
And an IE4000 in the garage
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I always install smurf  tubing so that I can pull other cabling in the future; but it is not necessary. Do you have access to a DTX-1800 to test the cabling after the cables ate terminated?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 12:41:27 AM EDT
[#11]
A bunch of that stuff looks like serious overkill for home use.
Curious what all you guys with the expensive builds and giant racks plan on doing with it all.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 12:43:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's a lot of fun bringing Cat 6 cable into a room with a 10 foot ceiling and only 6 foot ladders
View Quote
Why are you only 3 feet tall?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Curious what all you guys with the expensive builds and giant racks plan on doing with it all.
View Quote
Mostly being nerds...
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:05:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm running cat5e everywhere in my new construction house. Every possible tv spot, IP cams (poE), everywhere I think I could use a LAN cable. All goes to the utility room in the basement. Security will terminate there too.

Seriously, cat5e can stream HD video. Why do you need more?

With data compression only getting better, I just can't foresee what will need more data?

Besides, I only get 25mb DSL out here in the sticks
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:17:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Should have gone with cat6e or cat7.
View Quote
Why?

Cat6A is a waste of money. You really going to run 10GbE to 100 meters or at all?  Cat 6 runs 10GbE to 37 meters which covers NAS or other storage to a switch.

Cat7 isn’t even a standard and you only get an extra 100MHz over 6A.

Cat 6 plain jane is just fine for home and 99% of business.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's beautiful! Essentially, that's the setup I wanted to build, with the addition of a 1U Synology NAS. I didn't really have a good place to mount the rack in this house though, so I just replaced the existing SMC with a larger one and went with a USG 3P, US-8-150W, and a UAP-AC-HD. I virtualized the controller on my Synology, which sits in another room.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/94506/20190413_122215small_jpg-920168.JPG

ETA: After seeing everyone else's setups I'm almost embarrassed to show mine. Almost.
View Quote
I'm on the hunt for either a ds718+ or ds918+. Also, using the nano HD for my AP(small home so only need 1) and G3 Flex's for my cams. I'm a rack mount whore so of course I had to get the rack mount accessory for my CK2+.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#18]
You gone have heat issues in that closet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:42:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess he could install a mini split AC just for the closet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:51:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
With data compression only getting better, I just can't foresee what will need more data?
View Quote
The first computer I ever built had a 40GB HDD in it.

I thought to myself at the time: "I will never need more data than this - ever!"
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:54:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
No I'm not.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 2:28:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
not unless he adds quite a bit more equipment
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 2:30:20 AM EDT
[#23]
this gives me ptsd
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Just did the new house, albeit with monoprice CAT6. Piecing together a smallish 2U server to run UnRAID on.

Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Some of you sure have purdy racks.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Some of you sure have purdy racks.  
View Quote
I'd like to think mine is amongst those.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Spent a couple days hard wiring my main TV & Firebox. Where I wanted the wall  box was directly above where my outside walls come together , sitting on top of a steel floor beam right under it.
After I got my cable run I fired up my UN-managed 24 port switch and re-routed a rats nest of cables. Picked up a new 3.1 cable modem and Linsys AC5400 router.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#28]
You guys are really killing me.  I have a wall mount rack that was pulled.from a customer job and am listing over switches now.  My network is a mess right now.  The biggest needs are a switch and better access points.  The house is fully wired.   Then I'll be looking for a Roku with an ethernet port.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Gigbit ethernet is fine up until the point you have a central storage location.  Typical spinner can write 110ish mega bytes a second that there almost tops out a gigbit line.  Add in remote program access installed on a nas, typical web browsing, a few vms and media streaming and your well beyond what gigbit can handle.

Now there are ways around some of that and most home users are not going to max out gigbit Ethernet today, but sooner than one may think. 8k streaming will be here eventually as well as 4k Poe cams are currently reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Racks? We don't need no stinkin racks!

Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wager it’s due to the work we do either we got it from old work use or use it as a lab/test environment. I want robust because I do enough of this shit for a living, I want my shit to work when I want to watch my podcasts no matter where on my property I’m at.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is the real problem with these overkill setups..

Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Here is the real problem with these overkill setups..

https://i.imgur.com/yrnDW17.gif?noredirect
View Quote
This weekend (I still have a lot more drops to pull), my lab gear will go in the rack. It will remain powered off, when not being used for lab purposes. Shit's power hungry, yo.

For day to day home shit that I can more or less forget about, the Unifi stuff hardly uses any power. Well, not enough to notice on an electric bill, anyway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Where is your magnapull?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I did something super similar OP, just before we had rocked the house. I put a rack in my basement and it goes all over the house. I have two cat6 drops in every room and IP cameras all around the house. It all comes into the room and into a patch panel like yours. I wish I planned out my home lab a little better, but it works decently well right now. Using Ubiquiti for my internet components.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I have no clue what that stuff is, but it looks cool.

Although I did remove 2 floor sections at the Travelers Insurance data center once.................1 too many wires for me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wired when you can...wireless if you must.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/128059/KIMG0598_JPG-919664.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting to find out "why wired?" v wifi
Wired when you can...wireless if you must.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/128059/KIMG0598_JPG-919664.JPG
This.  WiFi is like trying to talk in a noisy restaurant.  But everyone's polite. Everyone listening before they speak. Takes a while for a conversation to actually complete.

Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
wifi is crap. its not about speed.
View Quote
It's useful for laptops, tablets, phones... but I try to run any streaming stuff over ethernet, as well as all of our printers (we have 5 network printers), and all the desktop computers.  My Commodore stuff is a mix of wifi, ethernet, and serial.  

I love people who try to use a VPN in a crowded wifi environment.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What do I win for having the crappiest wiring closet ever?

• Apple AirPort Extreme 6th-gen as the main router, with a hard drive toaster set up to run TimeMachine backups for our two computers.

• Headless Mac Mini as my VPN server

• Netgear GS108Ev3 8-port gigabit switch

• A big mess of wires that I don't have connected up

• Not pictured: 2 Apple AirPort Extreme 5th-gen as my wireless access points, wired to the switch.  I was also able to connect the blu-ray player in the next room to the switch, which is nice (that's the blue cable going up)

• Also not pictured: my cable modem, which is on the complete opposite side of my unfinished basement, because that's where the cable line comes into the house.  The previous owners had their network gear where I have mine now and just ran an ethernet cable from one side of the room to the other instead of having all the equipment in one place, so I kept the same layout.

This is in the unfinished area of my basement, underneath a jetted tub.  I like to live dangerously.
https://i.imgur.com/hA3JRdq.jpg
View Quote
Well shit, you're gonna make me go take some pics to make your mess look professional.  I have 5 unmanaged switches, 3 are gigabit, 2 are 100mbit.  Middle bedroom in the ranch is my "computer" room, with 2 desks, some shelves, a few desktops, two commodore setups, 2 network printers, the cable modem, wifi router and two switches.  From there, ethernet goes into the basement to the guest bedroom, and living room.  There are two gigabit switches in the living room, one in the guest computer desk, which is connected to that computer, the alarm panel, a printer, and the other switch, which is connected to the roku, xbox 360, another desktop, bluray, another printer, the guest bedroom has another switch for two computers and another network printer.

I should just get a small rack for the basement, move the cable modem down there, leave the router upstairs, and run all the ethernet from one spot in the basement from a 24 or 32 port switch.  Unfinished basement is fairly easy to deal with, as I just staple (round staples) the cable to the rafters.  I have mostly cat5e now, but would replace it with cat6 if I was going to redo it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#40]
I have no idea(ok a little idea) what you guys are talking about in this thread, it's like you guys are speaking another language......yet I keep reading.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really should finish the wiring in my place.

Problem is I don't have anything that outruns my wi-fi, so I haven't really had the need.  Good luck!
Eh, that's really not the case. If the radios in your APs are well-designed and you've got a decent management controller to help orchestrate everything, it's fine for what it is. I'm probably not going to bother running a drop behind my TV for example, because the streaming and the game consoles are working just fine wirelessly. I seriously wouldn't notice the difference in normal use.

The drops are for things like IP cameras (which as a practical matter, really can't be done wirelessly except in the most rudimentary form as more of a proof of concept - and they need power anyway) and for things like Network Attached Storage (having 10Gig available to a device that really needs it is damned handy).

I'm sitting on my back patio right now, with my laptop. Even if I had a drop back here, I wouldn't bother plugging into it. The ~360Mbps throughput I'm enjoying at the moment is more than sufficient for what I'm doing. If I needed to move a TB worth of shit from here to somewhere else, I'd walk my happy ass inside and plug into the switch. But for everything else...

There's a security aspect to it to consider, but with WPA2-Enterprise authentication (currently name/pass through RADIUS and soon to be certificate-based when I get around to it), I ain't real worried about it. Hell, I've seen people leave external/outside IP cameras (and intercoms, and...) on the same VLAN as the rest of their shit inside the house - with no port security whatsoever. It's easier to just plug into the drop conveniently located outside the house (wear a mask or walk up behind the camera ) than it is to sit there and hack on the wifi.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
lol very similar to mine. although I just scored one of these from a job that was under construction. no idea where I can fit it. or what the hell I'm going to put in it but I have wanted a rack for a LONG time.

kinda like this but its heavier duty. 1.5" solid steel slab on the bottom for ballast lol.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-2ktyxsrgtc/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/22805/28606/383573-001__36998.1511984969.jpg?c=2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
lol very similar to mine. although I just scored one of these from a job that was under construction. no idea where I can fit it. or what the hell I'm going to put in it but I have wanted a rack for a LONG time.

kinda like this but its heavier duty. 1.5" solid steel slab on the bottom for ballast lol.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-2ktyxsrgtc/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/22805/28606/383573-001__36998.1511984969.jpg?c=2
I had a similar one for years (every infrastructure guy "appropriates" one at some point during his career because upgrades), but:

1. I never filled it.
2. I used to have a basement.
3. It's a pain in the ass when moving.
4. It really is a dick-measuring contest in a residential install.

I kinda got over it at some point.

When I do get around to putting a server in again, it's just going to get bolted to the wall. And it'll be a single (somewhat beefy for a residence, but nothing too crazy otherwise) server with a bunch of NICs running ESXi. It's a house, and it's there for utilitarian and lab uses. It's not a fuckin' data center.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ubiquiti has a guide somewhere on their forums for using a free AWS instance.

I use it for about a dozen devices across 3 sites. I manage to stay beneath the various consumption caps (to stay free) by a little margin every month.

I started out with a cloudkey but - didn't want to deal with having multiple cloudkeys or configuring adoption over residential isp / dynamic. And running a cloudkey at each site means some of the neat stuff (like a two click site to site vpn which requires both sites be on the same UniFi server) isn't available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Si seor.
Ubiquiti has a guide somewhere on their forums for using a free AWS instance.

I use it for about a dozen devices across 3 sites. I manage to stay beneath the various consumption caps (to stay free) by a little margin every month.

I started out with a cloudkey but - didn't want to deal with having multiple cloudkeys or configuring adoption over residential isp / dynamic. And running a cloudkey at each site means some of the neat stuff (like a two click site to site vpn which requires both sites be on the same UniFi server) isn't available.
The only reason I have the physical cloud key is because I wanted to play with it/hack on it (it's kind of part of a larger unrelated project), and it was dirt cheap for what it was. Near zero effort to just get it going. It would probably be in an app container (docker or kubernetes) otherwise. There are a lot of ways to skin that cat.

This isn't for my business, it's for my house.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I had to pay $200 extra to get 9 jacks put in.  It was $25 per extra jack when starting a new fiber account.  I know it might sound like a lot but I had to do it for a few reasons.

1.  I don't fit in the attic.
2.  My house was built in the 60's and it is a tri-level, the previous contractor couldn't even update all the electrical with all the sheetrock removed unless you removed a wall or two.
3.  It took the guy 10 hours to run all of the cables and he had all the tools.

The only thing is I only got Cat5e..  It works for what I need but in the future if I build a house it will be wired before the sheetrock hits the walls.
View Quote
If some poor bastard pulled 9 drops and terminated them for $200, you pretty much raped him with no lube.

As long as that dude didn't staple your Cat5e down (and I'm sure he didn't, since it's a retro job), you could easily pull new Cat6 by using the existing cable as a "pull string" of sorts.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I put a Ubiquiti EdgeMAX PoE switch in my parents attic a year ago (central Texas)...still running and solder hasnt flowed yet. In a more serious note, I've got several routers deployed that live in Texas barns and haven't failed yet. Some equipment is quite robust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have thinking of moving the router and network switch into a closet. Will they over heat in a closed space like that?
There's a guy at work running a Unifi AP and switch in his fucking attic, here in north Texas. He claims there are no issues. I don't know about his attic, but mine runs about 10-15F over ambient in the summer (note to self: consider ridge vents). He's got an old Dell 2U server of some sort up there as well, which he says locks up a couple times a day during the worst of the summer.

Anyhoo, my master bedroom walk in closet is climate controlled (like the rest of the house...), and won't even come CLOSE to getting too hot. Even Cisco gear is more resilient than you think. For a few years (when I lived in Ohio), I had a Cisco 2811 ISR in my home office. The fan noise was unbearable, so I popped the case an unplugged them all. Fuck it. Turns out, a residential load ain't shit on one of these, and it ran just fine (bitching about the fans in the logs the whole time) for a good 3 years, until I moved and stopped using it. I kept an eye on the internal temps using SNMP, and the hottest it ever got it was 34C (at 25C ambient, which is like 77F). That was trying my damnedest to tax the thing, which still only amounted to like 54% CPU utilization on it. Like I said, there's only so much you can do with a residential workload. And even there, I had a site-to-site VPN tunnel going to my office, and I was purposely trying to shove a bunch of traffic over it (without an encryption accelerator, so as to tax the CPU). Didn't matter.

My current house is over the top energy efficient, and electricity is dirt fucking cheap in Texas, so I keep it at 68-70F during the dog days of summer. I'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Should have gone with cat6e or cat7.
View Quote
Cat6e isn't a thing. Did you mean Cat6a? Cat7 might as well not exist, as a practical matter.

Cat6 is good for 10gig, up to 55m (180'). I live in a single story, 4d 2ba, ~1,900sq ft ranch. My longest drop isn't even close to this. 6a is a waste of money in this application.

Cat8 will be a thing eventually, buy only in data centers.

Anyway...
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You're paying a lot for that Snap AV wire. Are you 100% retrofitting the house or is wiring already in place? Are you wiring for WAPs while you are pulling wire?
View Quote
100% retro. And I got it for less than $0.15/ft. It's barely a rounding error on the materials bill. And it's known by people I trust to work well, so...meh.

I'm wiring for a couple of AP's in the ceiling, yes. Honestly, I could more than get away with one (it's not a big house and the radios are pretty damned decent - actually they're fucking amazing for what Ubiquiti charges for them), but...2 is one, and 1 is none and all that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm wiring for a couple of AP's in the ceiling, yes. Honestly, I could more than get away with one (it's not a big house and the radios are pretty damned decent - actually they're fucking amazing for what Ubiquiti charges for them), but...2 is one, and 1 is none and all that.
View Quote
The Nano HDs are rock solid so far, I have one AP-AC Mesh so far and will likely add one more just for overkill coverage for areas I could not get APs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What's going in the rack?
View Quote
Nothing there...

That's What She Said...  
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

I pulled 14 cat 6 wires at through an old air duct from the basement to the attic on the second floor to the closet in our office.  Half the basement is unfinished, so I had access to the main floor runs that way.  I also ran 10 drops to the bedrooms upstairs.  I plan on setting up an almost identical rack in the basement and will connect the two with a LAG.  I already have the rack, switch, and patch panel.  I also have one cyberpower 1500 watt UPS.  I used monoprice CAT 6 cable and cable matters patch panels and keystone connectors.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top