Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/15/2024 6:11:31 AM EDT
Committing home last night I reached down to grab a water bottle in the console, I glanced down for a second at most and than the next thing I know the car in front of me is almost at a complete stop and in the process of making a right hand turn.   I swerve into the oncoming lane but there just wasn't enough time/space to steer clear entirely of this woman's car and I ended up hitting her left rear end of her vehicle, doing minimal damage to her SUV and quite a bit to mine.

She claims she used her turn signal but I don't recall seeing one, so I suspect she may have flipped it on right as she was starting to turn onto the roadway leading to her house.

The guy behind me stops and we both go up to check the damage and he reminds both of us " Cops don't need to be involved for this unless there is an injury, its a fender bender so you can just exchange insurance information "

" Well my husband is a police officer so there will be cops involved for sure ".  Other guy just rolls his eyes and walks away.

An hour and 3 cops later Im finally home.

No ticket or anything, just a lot of aggravation.

No other accidents on my record for the past 30+ years, last ticket was roughly 15 years ago for speeding...probably 10 over the speed limit or something.  Insurance is Allstate, how much can I expect my rates to go up?

It's amazing how quickly it all happened...one second she was 1.5-2 car lengths in front of me, a second later she's almost stopped in the roadway and turning.  I really wish I had a traffic camera going so I could review it and be sure about the lack of a turn signal, not that it matters. I did avert my eyes from the roadway for a second and I hit her from behind so it's technically my fault, there is no denying that but I am 99% sure there was no turn signal.

The fact that she was a " slow turner " didn't help matters either.  I'm not saying you should make turns going at highway speeds, but these folks who slow down and almost come to a complete stop and take forever to make a turn are a ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:16:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Now you know why you keep your eyes on the road.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:17:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The nerve of her for being a slow turner and being cautious.

Maybe she should not look at the road while driving , that sounds much safer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Committing home last night I reached down to grab a water bottle in the console, I glanced down for a second at most and than the next thing I know the car in front of me is almost at a complete stop and in the process of making a right hand turn.   I swerve into the oncoming lane but there just wasn't enough time/space to steer clear entirely of this woman's car and I ended up hitting her left rear end of her vehicle, doing minimal damage to her SUV and quite a bit to mine.

She claims she used her turn signal but I don't recall seeing one, so I suspect she may have flipped it on right as she was starting to turn onto the roadway leading to her house.

The guy behind me stops and we both go up to check the damage and he reminds both of us " Cops don't need to be involved for this unless there is an injury, its a fender bender so you can just exchange insurance information "

" Well my husband is a police officer so there will be cops involved for sure ".  Other guy just rolls his eyes and walks away.

An hour and 3 cops later Im finally home.

No ticket or anything, just a lot of aggravation.

No other accidents on my record for the past 30+ years, last ticket was roughly 15 years ago for speeding...probably 10 over the speed limit or something.  Insurance is Allstate, how much can I expect my rates to go up?

It's amazing how quickly it all happened...one second she was 1.5-2 car lengths in front of me, a second later she's almost stopped in the roadway and turning.  I really wish I had a traffic camera going so I could review it and be sure about the lack of a turn signal, not that it matters. I did avert my eyes from the roadway for a second and I hit her from behind so it's technically my fault, there is no denying that but I am 99% sure there was no turn signal.

The fact that she was a " slow turner " didn't help matters either.  I'm not saying you should make turns going at highway speeds, but these folks who slow down and almost come to a complete stop and take forever to make a turn are a ridiculous.
View Quote

lol at you being 100% at fault (in PA you absolutely are) and somehow being upset with her.

“Karen” had every right to be pissed at a self admitted distracted driver, and also every right to call the police for a report to give to insurance, which backs up you being 100% at fault.  All the deflection and illogical explanations you give in the OP are a far bigger reflection on YOU, not on the “Karen”.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It sucks but no one was hurt so try to forget it and move on. We're all human and make mistakes daily.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#5]
These never go the op's way.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit ?

Like I said 30 years ( at least ) of safe driving indicates that I do.  Accident 30 years ago was a minor fender bender that involved an animal.  car in front me braked hard to avoid an animal running across the roadway, I braked hard, but not hard enough and basically tapped his bumper putting a scratch on it.  Im not even sure we bothered with insurance or not.  We were both driving beat to shit cars so I am remembering correctly we both drove off without exchanging information.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lol at you being 100% at fault (in PA you absolutely are) and somehow being upset with her.

“Karen” had every right to be pissed at a self admitted distracted driver, and also every right to call the police for a report to give to insurance, which backs up you being 100% at fault.  All the deflection and illogical explanations you give in the OP are a far bigger reflection on YOU, not on the “Karen”.
View Quote

What deflections and illogical explanations ?

Questioning the presence of a turn signal ?  Legit question...it wouldn't make a difference but it would be nice to know if it was actually on or not.  For my own sanity.

Obviously you missed the part where I admitted I was " at fault, theres no denying that ".

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:29:44 AM EDT
[#8]
At fault rear ender?

Rates will probably go up 30% or more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#9]
My ex wife was  notoriously late for using her turn signal,it once caused her out of town cousin who was following her to go off the road and clip a sign.
I kept trying to drill it into her head to signal earlier to give other drivers a little buffer to no avail.
She was also a left lane camper so.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Obviously you missed the part where I admitted I was " at fault, theres no denying that ".

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karen
Just had to call the police even though she didn’t have to
Must not have had her turn signal on
She claims but had to have done it last second
She just had minor damage, I’m the one that had major damage
She was a slow turner
Just a fender bender
Other guy was on my side
Been a good driver for 30 years
99% at fault
Took an hour out of my life and 3 cops to sort this nonsense

I can add more…
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#11]
That is why they are called accidents.

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I am down in FL but no accidents or tickets and my insurance has doubled over the last two years so yours will be hit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:37:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Karen
She was a slow turner
Just a fender bender
Other guy was on my side
99% at fault

I can add more…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karen
She was a slow turner
Just a fender bender
Other guy was on my side
99% at fault

I can add more…

In OP’s defense, she did drag out to an hour what could have been done in 5 minutes or less.  Couple of snaps of the cell phone camera and an exchange of information.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No shit ?

Like I said 30 years ( at least ) of safe driving indicates that I do.  
View Quote

Sounds like part of one day of safe driving to me
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Questioning the presence of a turn signal ?  Legit question...it wouldn't make a difference but it would be nice to know if it was actually on or not.  For my own sanity.

View Quote
You are complaining about a turn signal when you didn't see an entire car.  

Then you said you follow at 1.5-2 car lengths, why are you tailgating?  That is stupid close.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In OP’s defense, she did drag out to an hour what could have been done in 5 minutes or less.  Couple of snaps of the cell phone camera and an exchange of information.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karen
She was a slow turner
Just a fender bender
Other guy was on my side
99% at fault

I can add more…

Unfortunately, people lie all the time about how events unfolded, and many don’t have actual insurance.  Many others also go on to claim injury, making accidents drag on for years.  It’s almost always a better option to get a police report for an accident (unless, of course, you’re the one at fault ;) ).
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, people lie all the time about how events unfolded, and many don’t have actual insurance.  Many others also go on to claim injury, making accidents drag on for years.  It’s almost always a better option to get a police report for an accident.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karen
She was a slow turner
Just a fender bender
Other guy was on my side
99% at fault

I can add more…

Unfortunately, people lie all the time about how events unfolded, and many don’t have actual insurance.  Many others also go on to claim injury, making accidents drag on for years.  It’s almost always a better option to get a police report for an accident.

I’d agree with you normally, except there is no defense for rear ending someone.  It is always the person in backs fault.

Except… if you allege that they put the car in reverse and rammed into you.  But that would never stand up, particularly since there was a witness.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:49:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I’d agree with you normally, except there is no defense for rear ending someone.  It is always the person in backs fault.

Except… if you allege that they put the car in reverse and rammed into you.  But that would never stand up, particularly since there was a witness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karen
She was a slow turner
Just a fender bender
Other guy was on my side
99% at fault

I can add more…

And valid insurance/they own the car?  Again, very few instances where it’s not a good thing to have a police report.

Now let’s say this goes to civil court because OP alleges a neck injury and claims that “Karen” didn’t use her turn signal or slammed on her brakes.  He gets a jury siding with him and now her ins is screwed, and she has to waste a shit load of time.  All of which could have been avoided with a police report.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#19]
The people saying “just exchange info” tend to be the same people that call 911 a few days later wanting an accident report after they’ve talked to their insurance companies
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Then you said you follow at 1.5-2 car lengths, why are you tailgating?  That is stupid close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 car lengths in an area that is posted at 35 mph is too close and tailgating ?

I also never said I did not see her car..I said I never saw a turn signal.

I 100% should have been more attentive because people are around here are notorious for not using turn signals.  It's something I deal with everyday and is made worse by people with trailers that don't have the brake lights connected so those folks slow and turn without brake lights or turn signals.

ETA: "How Many Car Lengths Between Cars Is The Recommended Following Distance?

The safe following distance depends on how fast your car is going at the moment. For every 10 miles per hour of speed, attempt to keep one car length between you and the other vehicle on the road."

in a 35 mph zone 3.5 car lengths.  So I had probably 2...I doubt it was 1.5, I just don't follow that closely as a rule of thumb.

in a 70 mph zone though that would work out to seven car lengths.  I don't do a lot of highway travel these days, but the times that I do no one is keeping 7 car lengths at those speeds.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

But being married to a cop when she called him he would have said get an officer down there.
Now.

When you own a business and have service trucks it’s almost always better to have cops there. Even if it’s small most time when they see the name on the side of the truck they start making shit up in their head and a good accident report helps give perspective.  
But I have personally hit a car  that hit two cars in front of it. Front car Left a stop light hauling ass and the lead car went about 100 feet and decided to turn left. My insurance paid for all of it even though I barely tapped the car in front of me.

It was my fault that I hit one but I did not push them together.  Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And valid insurance/they own the car?  Again, very few instances where it’s not a good thing to have a police report.

Now let’s say this goes to civil court because OP alleges a neck injury and claims that “Karen” didn’t use her turn signal or slammed on her brakes.  He gets a jury siding with him and now her ins is screwed, and she has to waste a shit load of time.  All of which could have been avoided with a police report.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karen
She was a slow turner
Just a fender bender
Other guy was on my side
99% at fault

I can add more…

I’m sure it could happen.

But recall, Karen is a term used as slang typically for a middle-class white woman who is perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal.

The ‘normal’ thing to do is to take a couple of photos, exchange information, and let everyone go on their way.  Calling the police is beyond the scope of normal, or Karen.  

Is it prudent to be a Karen sometimes?  Maybe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Slow drivers are the worst. If you can't drive and turn quickly stay off the road.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But recall, Karen is a term used as slang typically for a middle-class white woman who is perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal.

The ‘normal’ thing to do is to take a couple of photos, exchange information, and let everyone go on their way.  Calling the police is beyond the scope of normal, or Karen.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karen
She was a slow turner
Just a fender bender
Other guy was on my side
99% at fault

I can add more…

I guess we are going to just disagree on this one.  Maybe you’ve never been involved in an accident before, but I have as well as my family members and employees.  one of the first  questions to me when  I call to report…”do you have a police report or the police report number?”

Calling police to do their job when you are involved in an accident is not being a “Karen”, nor is it going beyond the scope of anything.  It’s being responsible, making everything go easier in the long run, and covering your tracks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Slow turner?  This is 100% your fault.

If a child walks out into the road and she were stopped what would you say then? Or if there was an accident up ahead, her engine blows and it slows her down, etc.

You were following too closely.  AND you weren't even looking at the road.  Everyone does this but maybe don't follow so close?  Or have your next vehicle have autonomous braking so th vehicle can stop before you kill someone.

Sorry man, but this is the brutal truth and you could've easily killed someone.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Slow drivers are the worst. If you can't drive and turn quickly stay off the road.
View Quote

Username checks out.

Slow drivers are worse than those who don't look at the road and rear end people?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I used to be a Cop. (Retired now)

Twent years ago, when off-duty, I caused a motor vehicle accident in much the same way as OP.

The lady I hit told me she “thought she had her turn signal on”. I told her THAT didn’t make any difference, because I was at fault.

A few minutes later an Officer arrived to investigate.
He and I were hired and sworn-in together on the same day. He issued me a citation.

After the Officer finished his investigation, and I was released from the scene, I drove straight to the Municipal court and paid my fine.

The end.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#28]
I bumped mirrors with a guy two weeks ago who felt it necessary to call the cops over two minor scratches.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:05:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

The normal thing here is to call 911 and have an accident report done (either reportable or non reportable)
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:06:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The people saying “just exchange info” tend to be the same people that call 911 a few days later wanting an accident report after they’ve talked to their insurance companies
View Quote

Our local departments do either accident reports or 'exchange of information reports.' The former only if a vehicle can't be driven away, an airbag deploys, or there are injuries. Everyone else gets the latter, which just shows the cop verified the information presented by entering it into his computer and then the computer printed copies for both parties.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I guess we are going to just disagree on this one.  Maybe you’ve never been involved in an accident before, but I have as well as my family members and employees.  one of the first  questions to me when  I call to report…”do you have a report or the police report number?”

Calling police to do their job when you are involved in an accident is not being a “Karen”, nor is it going beyond the scope of anything.  It’s being responsible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karen
She was a slow turner
Just a fender bender
Other guy was on my side
99% at fault

I can add more…

I guess we are going to just disagree on this one.  Maybe you’ve never been involved in an accident before, but I have as well as my family members and employees.  one of the first  questions to me when  I call to report…”do you have a report or the police report number?”

Calling police to do their job when you are involved in an accident is not being a “Karen”, nor is it going beyond the scope of anything.  It’s being responsible.

A young girl rear ended me a few months back.  It was on the on ramp to the freeway during morning rush hour, with no way to pull off without backing up traffic for miles and miles.  There was no way I would do that to people trying to get to work.  We exchanged information and took a quick photo and that was it.

I’m not really arguing with you, because I can see reason to be prudent.  I just don’t think it is the common or ‘normal’ way people handle fender benders.  It may be the smart thing to do though.

I mean, we are on a site where people conceal carry a primary gun, a backup gun, keep a registered machine gun “truck gun” in their car with extra magazines just in case, keep full plate armor in the car, and keep a bug out bag with quick clot, all just to run to the super market two blocks away in their upper middle class neighborhood.  So I shouldn’t really be surprised that the line between “overly cautious” and “normal” is blurred a bit here.

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Shit happens and it's all your fault, she has a right to be pissed, I sure would be.
Just let your insurance handle it and move on, next time don't take your eyes off the road.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Username checks out.

Slow drivers are worse than those who don't look at the road and rear end people?  
View Quote

like it or not, slow drivers and people who don't use turn signals really are a hazard.  

As stated earlier I encounter people every day who drive slowly and than unexpectedly turn without using a signal.  Every single day.  Sometimes they are using a trailer without the brake lights powered so all of a sudden you are unexpectedly on their ass without any warning.

Again not denying I am at fault here.  I should have been more attentive and for one second I was not.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I used to be a Cop. (Retired now)

Twent years ago, when off-duty, I caused a motor vehicle accident in much the same way as OP.

The lady I hit told me she “thought she had her turn signal on”. I told her THAT didn’t make any difference, because I was at fault.

A few minutes later an Officer arrived to investigate.
He and I were hired and sworn-in together on the same day. He issued me a citation.

After the Officer finished his investigation, and I was released from the scene, I drove straight to the Municipal court and paid my fine.

The end.
View Quote

what were you cited for ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No shit ?

Like I said 30 years ( at least ) of safe driving indicates that I do.  Accident 30 years ago was a minor fender bender that involved an animal.  car in front me braked hard to avoid an animal running across the roadway, I braked hard, but not hard enough and basically tapped his bumper putting a scratch on it.  Im not even sure we bothered with insurance or not.  We were both driving beat to shit cars so I am remembering correctly we both drove off without exchanging information.
View Quote

Sounds more like you've been dodging bullets for 30 years & it finally caught up to you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That is why they are called accidents.

View Quote

They are actually called crashes for a reason…
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's funny how often people at fault for an accident will make the same statements.   "I don't think she used a turn signal" i.e. I wasn't watching her closely enough to tell she slowed down so I really can't know this, but I don't want to admit this is all my fault.    It's the same for the classic "they just came out of nowhere" which means "I failed to yield to the car that had the right of way and pulled out in front of them".
View Quote

It's funny how pitiful reading comprehension on this site is.  Clearly you missed me saying " it's clearly my fault " a half dozen times in this thread and saying " I didn't see a turn signal " is a fact.  She definitely didn't have it on 100ft prior to making her turn.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#39]
It is my observation that drivers over estimate the ability of their vehicle to stop, and end up following way too close.  The 2 second rule should always be followed, unless the roads are slick, then double it.

At 30 mph a vehicle is traveling roughly 45 feet per second.  Reaction time is 3/4 second, at best, before braking can begin.  

Most of us should increase our following distance.  

Had the OP been further back, even his distraction might not have resulted in a collision.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's funny how pitiful reading comprehension on this site is.  Clearly you missed me saying " it's clearly my fault " a half dozen times in this thread and saying " I didn't see a turn signal " is a fact.  She definitely didn't have it on 100ft prior to making her turn.
View Quote

So what? Had she been braking for a hazard in the road you were still following too close and driving distracted.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, yeah, and driving too fast, and driving to close, drinking out of a plastic water bottle that is destroying our environment, and just being an ARFCOM asshole in a car looking to rearend some Karen so you can post your shit on GD!!!!!

Give me a fucking break, shit happens. Yeah, lessons learned for OP.  I've almost been rearended more than a few times driving though Atlanta during rush hour...fucking morons!

I can empathize with the OP as well, which is why I always make sure my turn signal is on well in advance; it's a courtesy to allow them to slow down or pass me up if it's open.

You'll get a good idea as soon as the police report gets to your insurance company. Hopefully that shit doesn't go up too much, but you'll likely take a hit...which sucks when you pay a shit ton for insurance for a decade and never get a dime out of it, and when you need it, they love to fuck you over, jack up your rates, or drop you altogether.

Karens suck. I rubbed paint off a guy's bumper in a parking lot, no damage other than a 2-3" scrape. It was parked and unattended. I could have done the asshole thing and just drove off, but I took some pictures and left my insurance card and phone number with a note and apology. He called and said it was fine that the 'rub' was too minor to worry over and appreciated me for leaving the note. I wish the fucker that dinged my wife's door would have done the right thing...fucktard.

ROCK6

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#43]
1.5-2 car lengths? Maybe give yourself a bigger gap if you're not paying enough attention. People have all this technology, so they think they're safe enough to follow too closely (I do it too). Well, you better be prepared to react when the time comes.

Was she a slow turner, or was she moving one second and stopped the next?

Sorry you got a Karen.
eta You're not helping your case when you complain about people not signaling turns and slow turning all the time in your area, yet you blow off that 1.5-2 car lengths isn't the recommended 3.5 car lengths (1 car length for each 10 mph). IOW, you've learned nothing from this unfortunate, and probably avoidable, accident
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll bet your husband wanted to beat your ass didn't he?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am down in FL but no accidents or tickets and my insurance has doubled over the last two years so yours will be hit.
View Quote

Same. We have two cars and our insurance went from $200 per month to $360 per month this year. No accidents or citations.

Both of our cars have pre-collision breaking and would have stopped the vehicle before hitting her.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So what? Had she been braking for a hazard in the road you were still following too close and driving distracted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not denying the bolded part...It's just arm chair analysis after the fact but her giving a timely signal could changed the outcome.  That doesn't mean it's her fault and Im not saying that.  It's just one small thing that could have changed the outcome and as I said MANY here do not use turn signals and make sudden turns without signals so I should have been more attentive knowing that.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#47]
OP is fixated on turn signals but apparently completely disregards brake lights, as if the smaller, yellow lights are somehow more relevant in this situation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, yeah, and driving too fast, and driving to close, drinking out of a plastic water bottle that is destroying our environment, and just being an ARFCOM asshole in a car looking to rearend some Karen so you can post your shit on GD!!!!!

Give me a fucking break, shit happens. Yeah, lessons learned for OP.  I've almost been rearended more than a few times driving though Atlanta during rush hour...fucking morons!

I can empathize with the OP as well, which is why I always make sure my turn signal is on well in advance; it's a courtesy to allow them to slow down or pass me up if it's open.

You'll get a good idea as soon as the police report gets to your insurance company. Hopefully that shit doesn't go up too much, but you'll likely take a hit...which sucks when you pay a shit ton for insurance for a decade and never get a dime out of it, and when you need it, they love to fuck you over, jack up your rates, or drop you altogether.

Karens suck. I rubbed paint off a guy's bumper in a parking lot, no damage other than a 2-3" scrape. It was parked and unattended. I could have done the asshole thing and just drove off, but I took some pictures and left my insurance card and phone number with a note and apology. He called and said it was fine that the 'rub' was too minor to worry over and appreciated me for leaving the note. I wish the fucker that dinged my wife's door would have done the right thing...fucktard.

ROCK6

View Quote

I get it, you're an asshole that can't drive for shit & pissed your insurance is too high.  Keep your eyes on the road dumb ass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Following distance you didn’t have it
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#50]
If you need to replace your vehicle, get a Boomer Mobile. Mine is a 2024 Chevy 2500HD High Country.  It came with an adaptive cruse control, collision avoidance, speed limit warning, lane departure warning, 360 cameras, and parking assistance. If you had had these features and were using it the car would have stopped on its own. It is really quite amazing how it works.

The insurance for that monster was only $15 a month more than the 2015 Silverado with 280,000 I was driving. Even with the new truck value being 20x  the value of my old truck.  The insurance people told me with all those features people seldom are involved in fender benders; and with the keyless fob and OnStar vehicle tracking they hardly get stolen.  

The technology in the new vehicles is quite amazing.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but hang on for personal injury claim.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top