Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve been a member here for a long time.
Don’t post much but the EE has been an AWESOME friend for me.
After the “purge” yesterday I felt it was time to upgrade to help get everything back on track.

Thanks to all the mods and whatnot that make this place great!

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve always had a platinum membership. I figured information I’ve gained is worth $100 a year. I saw it as an investment in keeping arfcom going.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Step up to Platinum and be somebody.
View Quote

And prepay two years in advance.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Platinum bitches.
View Quote

I so wanted to go platinum, but she-creature asked me to only go gold this go around. I'll go platinum next round.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I renewed mine mid December, they still keep sending me a notice to pay up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Way in front of you...along with literally tens of thousands I've sent to 2A orgs and candidates in the last 10 years.  

We are in a culture war and plate carriers are not how we fight back. We need to hit back in the courts and in the state houses. I've been saying it for years. Stocking up on lowers and PMAGs is not how you ensure your grandchildren can defend themselves against tyranny.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This place won't save you... more likely to drag you down with it.
View Quote

well, I guess I'll head over to the store and renew now, are you saying we all are on a list or something?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I renewed mine mid December, they still keep sending me a notice to pay up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Done. I let a paid membership slip and have lurked for years, but considering how much I've leeched off this site for free it's time to toss in some cash.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#11]
 Everyone buying memberships.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe a silly question but I can’t seem to find anything about it on my own. Is there a way to view all the replies I have made in threads? Would be nice to know if someone replies to something I said or what not.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Today OP was cool dude

In all seriousness everyone should at a minimum consider a bronze member ship, it’s like $20 and keeps this site up and running and is one of a few places like minded folks can get together.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I have zero use for the additional features. I prefer to buy a few bronzes a year for others.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm never spending money on this site for a membership.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Step up to Platinum and be somebody.
View Quote

I have a platinum membership and am still a nobody. Supporting forums is as important as supporting gun rights organizations. As we have seen, censorship is only one plug away, and done by an H1B visa holder that probably has never heard of the Constitution or Bill of Rights, or even read them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’ve been a member here for a long time.
Don’t post much but the EE has been an AWESOME friend for me.
After the “purge” yesterday I felt it was time to upgrade to help get everything back on track.

Thanks to all the mods and whatnot that make this place great!

View Quote

whoa whoa whoa.....let's not go too far man....

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#19]
They need all the help they can get.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have zero use for the additional features. I prefer to buy a few bronzes a year for others.
View Quote

I considered this...but I didn't want to accidentally pony up for someone who's actually a libtard sleeper.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I gave brownells tens of thousands of gross sales last 12 months.

And they still don't give me a avatar.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#22]
@goatboy

I want a lifetime membership!

Take my $$$$$
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Did it just before lunch.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I considered this...but I didn't want to accidentally pony up for someone who's actually a libtard sleeper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The annual .mil drive applicants get verified.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Way in front of you...along with literally tens of thousands I've sent to 2A orgs and candidates in the last 10 years.  

We are in a culture war and plate carriers are not how we fight back. We need to hit back in the courts and in the state houses. I've been saying it for years. Stocking up on lowers and PMAGs is not how you ensure your grandchildren can defend themselves against tyranny.
View Quote
Why not both?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Challenge accepted, mine current membership expires in February; I'll be upgrading to gold...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Platinum gang checking in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Platinum for me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe a silly question but I can’t seem to find anything about it on my own. Is there a way to view all the replies I have made in threads? Would be nice to know if someone replies to something I said or what not.
View Quote

@jackfrost
You can search by your username in the search tab for topics you have started or replied to too.
You may have to click options to give you the full search bar features.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why not both?
View Quote

Way in front of that too.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Cut the cord to amazon yesterday and purchased a gold membership today.  Wish i would have done it sooner
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I love this site, I truly do, but I'm not understanding the love for staff at the moment.

What I don't understand is gushing love for site staff when all they did was quickly extricate themselves from a completely avoidable and predicted problem. People have been warning for years that this site would eventually be targeted, yet staff continued to use Go Daddy as a registrar and AWS for hosting. Now they quickly switched us over to another registrar after getting shut down by Go Daddy and they're heroes? Yesterday GoatBoy stated that they have alternative hosting should they need it...guess what...we need it. What could possibly be the point in waiting for AWS to drop the hammer rather than just switching now? Everyone knows the vulnerabilities now, so being reactive is nothing that merits a toasting emoticon.

Then there's the question of allowing members to delete their content and change their usernames. JFC, even facebook allows that.

Are the rumors of a data breach true? Let us know, and if it is true, then let us take steps to protect ourselves.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just did as well. Unfortunately I'm afraid they will need the financial support
View Quote

Well, if Brownells need the financial support to keep ar15.com going I think things are worse than I imagine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@jackfrost
You can search by your username in the search tab for topics you have started or replied to too.
You may have to click options to give you the full search bar features.
View Quote

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping there was a simple button you could just click or something similar to what shows up in your profile for EE threads but that method is better than nothing for sure.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

well, I guess I'll head over to the store and renew now, are you saying we all are on a list or something?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This place won't save you... more likely to drag you down with it.

Wow...

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm in for a lifetime! Let's do this!
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I still need to get a bronze membership
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I still need to get a bronze membership
View Quote

Serious question: what's stopping you?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Serious question: what's stopping you?
View Quote

Money. I’m saving all my pennies at this point.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I might when I can afford it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Money. I’m saving all my pennies at this point.
View Quote

Log out...and log back in.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
@goatboy

I want a lifetime membership!

Take my $$$$$
View Quote

We're full.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just did as well. Unfortunately I'm afraid they will need the financial support
View Quote

And a small "Thank you" to those working to keep the site running.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow.  This is probably the most traffic I've ever created in 20+ years of being a member here.  This was completely unsolicited from staff on my part.  I really don't want to see this site collapse.  As much as it's changed from the wild west days, it's still a bastion of gun information that is unparalleled and that we can't let die.

First of all, THANK YOU to everyone that took my words as initiative to buy a membership.

Second, THANK YOU to everyone who upgraded already!!!  (I can't justify the upgrayeeed to platinum for myself at the moment).

Third, whatever your convictions are about the NRA, think about throwing some money their way too.  Biden didn't say he was going ofter the GOA.

Lastly, I absolutely love the idea of upgrading members who aren't already paid, or who "can't afford" it.  Feel free to use this thread as a connection point for people who want to sponsor someone and those who want sponsorship.  Don't be a FSA POS about it, but the last year has sucked for a lot of people, so I get it.

Because I put my money where my mouth is, the next ten posters in this thread with join dates prior to 2018 who aren't already paid can guess a number between 1 and 500.  Closest number wins.  I'll sponsor a bronze membership for you, using a random number generator.  No bullshit.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I wasn’t due, but just went platinum

Trying to show my gratitude for this site, missed it for a few days!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Upgraded to Platinum. I thought upgrades were pro-rated, but it's good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Get right on it
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:20:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Log out...and log back in.

View Quote

I thought you were joking! That’s so kind of you! Thank you very much, I won’t forget it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Upgraded.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I thought you were joking! That’s so kind of you! Thank you very much, I won’t forget it.
View Quote
Use in good health!

(And pay it forward when you can.)
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top