Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:35:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I understand her perspective. Where she is in error is her insistance that everyone else follow her personal, moral decision. If she feels that strongly about her faith, she should be spending her efforts teaching it and not trying to legislate it. Nobody ever got saved by the law (if you tell her that, her head may well explode--it's a Christian thing from Paul's letters).
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont think she said the effects last a few min the rape lasts a few min  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sign her up for a Craigslist roommate and see if she's lying.

I've known girls who were raped and it messed them up for more than a "few minutes."

I dont think she said the effects last a few min the rape lasts a few min  

The bullet passing through the dude's face takes less time than a rape.

I presumed she was talking about the aftereffects of the rape vs. the aftereffects of shooting someone.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Would she rather her daughter be raped and possibly killed than have the chance to prevent or end the attack?

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how all this guys future rape victims would feel that she thought it was ok to let the guy live.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if she would just watch someone rape her daughter ?
Some people you just can't reason with
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Is she hot?

Can I have her address?

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#7]

"Governor, if Kitty Dukakis were raped and murdered, would you favor an irrevocable death penalty for the killer?"

"No, I don't, Bernard," he said. "And I think you know that I've opposed the death penalty during all of my life."

There's nothing new under the sun.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember family trips.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you offer to buy her a plane ticket to the Middle East somewhere?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I were threatened with murder or rape, I would feel bad every time I pulled the trigger.  And I would eventually get over it.  I'd have beer and go to bed.  Hopefully that would do it.
View Quote

thats the point. the rape you will never come to terms with. actually the gun is a tool to prevent violence. the BG actually has to make the decision to stop at that point of continue to escalate it.

its like a hammer thats job it to build. if a bad guy wants to smash windows and do B&E do we say that is a hammers only purpose?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#11]
If she were actually getting raped, and a gun magically appeared in her hands, she'd pull the trigger on the rapist.

Or she's just into rape.  Some women are into rape.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Everyone on this earth is gonna die. If you attempt to harm another individual, then you potentially forfeit your timeline for how long  it will be before you die. It's just the balance of the universe. No different than if I make a decision to drink, get on a motorcycle and speed. I have chosen to risk altering the timeline of when I'm going to die because I made a stupid choice. It's pretty simple to understand, religion or not.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A specific person in my family who is a female has come out and said "I would rather be raped over and over again than take somebody's life."

View Quote

I knew a woman who made a very similar remark once in a conversation I had with her.

This woman was an officer in the military.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is she hot?

Can I have her address?  
View Quote

"You said 'rape' twice."

"I like rape."

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Jesus gets used as an excuse an awful lot. If she were an atheist she might have a more original excuse, but it would still be just an excuse for her stupidity.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If she were actually getting raped, and a gun magically appeared in her hands, she'd pull the trigger on the rapist.

View Quote

You said rape (or some variety) four times.

You must REALLY like rape!

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's all rapey.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Had a liberal ex girlfriend tel me this 8.5 years ago.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Had a liberal ex girlfriend tel me this 8.5 years ago.

View Quote

Believe it or not, I don't think this attitude is terribly uncommon in women.

Incredible as it may sound to you or I.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Any "Saved Christian" that has OP's family member's attitude (rather be raped than harm someone else) is holding God's greatest gift in contempt.
That gift? HER LIFE.
So she'd let someone rape her rather than harm him? What if he intended to kill her afterward? What if he intended to keep raping and killing other women? I'd flat out tell her that if she did not protect herself from said rapist, she would be a proximate cause of his future crimes.  
And I would remind her that she's really, REALLY holding God's greatest gift to her in contempt.
View Quote
God could stop it, but he doesn't, because "free will".
How is her not stopping it and allowing the attacker to have "free will" any different than god doing it?

Or are you prepared to say that because god doesn't stop rapes, he is a proximate cause of the rapists future crimes?

Really, I'll play it either way.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#21]
If Christ had a pistol he'd still be alive today.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#22]
There is no biblical support for her position.

Several places actually say killing is ok, but none specifically say if you are being raped, so......
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm ok with her wanting to be raped. She's most likely mentally ill. Again, her thing , not mine.

Me.....id rather shoot and kill someone than be victimized......or have my wife raped.
View Quote

She may not understand how bad rape can be. As in forced to have sex vs beaten to a pulp then fucked by multiple people who leave her for dead.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Does she ride short busses and wear a hockey helmet?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Did you offer to buy her a plane ticket to the Middle East somewhere?
View Quote

Nah, she can hitch hike.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:09:02 AM EDT
[#27]
She's making a lot of assumptions with her position.  Assuming the rapist will stop at the act of rape, rather than inflicting serious bodily injury or death after the rape. Assuming that there will not be serious, probably lifelong emotional and mental repercussions as a result of a rape.  It's tied into being an anti-gun nut in that the entire reasoning process of the matter is delusional.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You give peace a chance.

I'll cover you.

View Quote

Sig line material there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The thing is though, the selfish part is entirely applicable.  What she's saying is that she'd prefer that other people be raped over and over rather than have the rapist get shot, because people getting shot offends her sensibilities.  That's incredibly selfish of her.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for her.  I can understand her preference to be harmed rather than to inflict harm.  

But tell her that by attempting to deny others the option of protecting themselves, she's being a selfish cunt.

As can I, it's very noble to an extent and I also told her that without the cunt part. It's wrong to deny others the ability to adequately defend themselves.
The thing is though, the selfish part is entirely applicable.  What she's saying is that she'd prefer that other people be raped over and over rather than have the rapist get shot, because people getting shot offends her sensibilities.  That's incredibly selfish of her.  

This. If she wants to sacrifice herself, that's her choice. She shouldn't project that on others. It is amazingly selfish to force others to subjugate themselves to your feelings.

She seems like the type who can only see the world through her eyes.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Guns are NOT designed to kill.

An Electric Chair is designed to kill.

A Guillotine is designed to kill.

Guns are designed for a number of reasons; art, recreation, food hunting et.al. BUT MOST IMPORTANT TO THE BILL OF RIGHTS AND MOST AMERICANS THEY ARE DESIGNED FOR DEFENSE!

Firearms are used more than 2.5 MILLION times per year to defend human life. HERE is a well sourced fact sheet. Yes, it is published by the GOA but the sources stand up to scrutiny.

If there are woman who would rather resign themselves to being raped "over and over" than defend themselves that is their choice but it is not a choice they will make for me, my Wife, my Daughters or my Mother!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who doesn't??

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#33]
"You were raped! Well, . . . .  at first."
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lots of .

I would rather be shot than stabbed.
View Quote

I've been stabbed twice. It's no party.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be. Apparently that was the point
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"I would rather be raped over and over again than take somebody's life."

Anyways, just when you thought you've heard it all.
View Quote

That's a disturbing fantasy she's got there...
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Years ago, one of my mother's friends got a flat tire. A man stop to "help" her change her tire. He brutally rape her and bashed her head in killing her, then left her in the woods to rot. She was a Christian, but I seriously doubt she felt that much compassion for her killer. I know her husband didn't.

Did you ask this female if she has, in fact, been raped or known anyone who was brutally raped?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Is she one of those Bernie supporters that fantasizes about being passed around and roughed up a little?

Really being raped would not be like a fantasy...
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I'd much rather have the means to defend myself and my family.  If someone else would rather be assaulted, raped or killed than defend themselves, it's a free country.  They can make that choice but I will not allow them to make such a choice for me.

I would add I honestly think your female family member is mentally ill.  Have you suggested she see a mental health professional?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#40]
I would refrain from speaking to said family member for fear of becoming retarded myself.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#41]

A specific person in my family who is a female has come out and said "I would rather be raped over and over again than take somebody's life."  

Some of those people get their wish, unfortunately they want to force their fantasies on others.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Complete and total miss by the O_P.

The night before the crucifixion, Jesus went up onto the Mount of Olives to pray and no one knew where He was...even his own disciples fell asleep on Him.

When He came down and found them all asleep again, He could have said "the hekk with this", walked back up the Mount of Olives, straight past the Garden of Gethsemane, and kept right on walking in a straight line. He would have been in Bethany by morning, which was only about 8 miles away (NOTHING for a man who was used to walking everywhere He went.)

He could have walked into Bethany, laid low for the weekend at Lazarus' place (you raise a guy from the dead he kind of "owes you", right?), enjoyed some of Mary's down home cooking, and by Monday Passover would be over and the extra contingent of Roman soldiers would have been packed up and headed out Jerusalem just like the carnival leaving town.

He could have lived, married, had kids, grown old, and died like the rest of us...but He didn't.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#43]
A women a friend of mine knew in college carried a couple condom in her purse, pocket or bra in case she was attacked by a rapist. Her plan was to submit and then ask him to put one on.

This attitude lasted about 87 minutes once she started working for child services (I think she was a sociology major) and saw just how fucked up people are.

Anyone that has that attitude has never faced a situation where someone is going to do them harm and is either suicidal, mentally ill and/or lacking the basic drive for self-preservation.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Buy her a shirt with "VICTIM" printed on the front and back.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Luke 22:36 King James Version (KJV)

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

I'd tell her that her God wants me to be able to defend myself from violence perpetrated by other men.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#46]
This..............I prefer to sell my cloak and purchase a sword.............to defend myself

Quoted:
I'm also a Christian, but I don't think that God just wants me to roll over and take serious injury or death at the hands of some punk. I've got a family to provide for and raise and I can't be laid up in a hospital bed or a coffin.

There's also the possibility that if you shoot said punk that he'll survive and have the opportunity to accept Christ later.

ETA (got called away earlier):  There are really too many variables and assumptions on the relative's part. When someone threatens you with lethal force, you really have no clue what they'll do to you, even if they tell you what they want, they can change their mind and take more than they originally wanted. "Normal" people try to use reason and logic to figure out mental, homicidal and generally volatile people that don't operate on reason and logic. When lethal force is first threatened, you can't just assume they want money, stuff, sex, etc. you're totally at they're mercy, if they have any.

Defending yourself could be as good as defending countless people down the line, other victims that could become saved.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Meh, a lot of people are all talk.

Had the same type of lady, then someone broke into her home. She's a gun owner now.
View Quote

Funny how that happens.
The wife's coworker lives alone. She had a break in while she was at work. Very little was stolen. She wanted to know what it would take to buy a gun. She had always been an anti gunner before that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Luke 22:36 King James Version (KJV)

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

I'd tell her that her God wants me to be able to defend myself from violence perpetrated by other men.
View Quote

In before the naysayers with, "That's not what it means..."
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If I were threatened with murder or rape, I would feel bad recoil every time I pulled the trigger.  And I would eventually get over it.  I'd have beer and go to bed.  Hopefully that would do it.
View Quote

FIFY
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top