Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 48
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It's 52.0 miles from my driveway to Brownells front door.  I have been a customer for literally years.  I understand that Mr. Brownell stepped down from the NRA to "focus on the family business".  Brownells has been a good Corporate member of the Iowa community for years.  Maybe now with Brownells in the World Wide Webb mix they can spread that "community" across the country, maybe even internationally.  I see this as only making America and the Constitution (all Amendments of the Constitution) stronger with a louder and stronger voice across the world.  The 2nd Amendment is specifically a USA Constitutional right.  I hope this feeling of "the right to keep and bear arms" touches everywhere where people are held down and controlled by an oppressive government.  This could be the 1st step and we are on the ground floor.

kwg
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the same group of had been around the American colonies in 1776, they would be saying:
-If the revolution succeeds, it will become a tyranny, just like it has happened in every revolution before, blah,blah,blah!
View Quote
and those guys were correct, it just took a lot longer than they thought.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Chris Evans Saying "I Don't Like It" (Compilation)

Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
huh
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Congratulations Avilas/Staff on winning the American Dream!

This site is one of (if not the) best put together forums on the planet.

Looking forward to progress!
View Quote
I’m not sure I could say it better than this.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I still think there is some misconception about how holding companies work.  (all the below is inference based off my own experience of being bought and working under the umbrella of a holding company, and dealing with 'sister' companies under the same.  I *know* nothing specifically about this deal)

Pete Brownell, his father, and probably some other Investors own shares in the holding company, 2nd Adventures.

2nd Adventures owns shares of (or possibly outright) Brownells, probably some others, and now AR15.COM LLC.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Avilas still retain some ownership of AR15.COM LLC, or possibly some shares of 2nd Adventures Holding.  But that's their business and doesn't concern us.

That does NOT mean ARFCOM is subject to Brownell Inc management, or that AR15.COM LLC is/will be moved under Brownells Inc.  Brownells Inc does NOT own AR15.COM LLC.  The only relationship between AR15.COM LLC and Brownell INC is both are majority owned by the same holding company, 2nd Adventures.

I'm sure 2nd Adventures ownership has certain moves they want to make, and that's fine.  They want to maximize the return on their investment.  And that's fine too.  Great, even.  They would be unwise to ignore that AR15.COM LLC has flourished under the leadership of the Avilas and I'm sure they (2nd Adventures ownership) recognize that.

I am curious (though don't really expect to know) whether the Avilas were shopping for a buyer or if 2nd Adventures was shopping for a purchase, or both.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#7]
In for the rebranding

ARFCOM by Brownells: because anything’s a dildo if you’re brave enough
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Make sure that they look at what VerticalScope did to all the automotive forums out there.    Don't do what they did...
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Normally I would wonder why anyone would want a traditional web forum in 2019 since everyone is shifting to social networks, but since all the major social media networks are either demonetizing firearm content or purging it entirely, there might be a good reason to own a site like arfcom.

Even the gun communities that haven't been banned on a site like reddit survive with only the most tortured of rules.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Make sure that they look at what VerticalScope did to all the automotive forums out there.    Don't do what they did...
View Quote
I mentioned this earlier but it's worth repeating.
I used to be on about 6 forums that VS bought up. They fucked them up so bad that I only go back to one of them now and only to the classified section of that one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]
So, all our posts belong to Brownell's now?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
...and their subsidiaries.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
At least they didn't sell to Internet Brands.
View Quote
Is that those Canadian Cocksukers?
Because they fucked up every site that they purchased.
Hey Canadian Cocksukers, jamb it in your happy hat asses.
{Not Fluff or the good Canadians}

And also happy it isn't whatsisfuck from Midway.
Sure I love Midway too.
Just can't stand whatsisfuck.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I like Brownells!
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is that those Canadian Cocksukers?
Because they fucked up every site that they purchased.
Hey Canadian Cocksukers, jamb it in your happy hat asses.
{Not Fluff or the good Canadians}

And also happy it isn't whatsisfuck from Midway.
Sure I love Midway too.
Just can't stand whatsisfuck.
View Quote
You're thinking of VerticalScope. Like a bunch of monkies with a football they are.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, back to /k/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#17]
What about all the site sponsors and business that on this site?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I feel bad for all the manufacturers that are site sponsors.

I hope you guys at least gave them a big heads up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I, for one, welcome our new Brownell overlords.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like Brownells!
View Quote
I do too, I like them a lot but don't know that I want them owning my favorite website....
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.  At least not Brownells Inc.

2nd Adventures owns AR15.COM LLC.  2nd Adventures owns Brownells Inc.  That does not necessarily mean Brownells Inc owns rights to AR15.COM LLC IP or content.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In every large group of great people like this one, there is always a small sub-set of naysayers and pessimists

I am not surprised to see some of you afraid of change.That has been the history of the world, and certainly that of Arfcom, but I urge you all to look up instead of down!

If the same group of had been around the American colonies in 1776, they would be saying:

-No country has beaten the British military and gotten independence..........ever!

-If the revolution succeeds, it will become a tyranny, just like it has happened in every revolution before, blah,blah,blah!

TL;DR version: Have some faith in what is being done and be positive!
View Quote
No! I'm looking down, that's where the sharks come from! I've seen enough shark week episodes to be an expert on this.

Congrats and good luck!
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

2nd Adventures owns AR15.COM LLC.  2nd Adventures owns Brownells Inc.  That does not necessarily mean Brownells Inc owns rights to AR15.COM LLC IP or content.
View Quote
Hmmm, maybe.  I hope so.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Obviously you guys don't have to answer this, but do the Avila's still maintain a controlling share, or are they now Brownells employees, able to be removed at will?
View Quote
That's what I'm wondering.  As a former IT Contractor, I have seen many small companies bought up by conglomerates, promised 'nothing will change, but more money!' and usually within a couple years, all new staff and that is if the place/website is even still alive.

So....fingers crossed that arfcom avoids that fate....
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Congratulations to the Avilas!

I look forward to the positive changes on the site.

Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm going to view this as a positive until given a reason to think differently.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#27]
This is a clever ploy by the Brownells to acquire all the data TheRealGurkaDin has harvested.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Dear Brownells,

Release DanTSX, please.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is a clever ploy by the Brownells to acquire all the data TheRealGurkaDin has harvested.
View Quote
More likely they didn’t want to keep paying industry partner fees.

“Enough of fee, we buy you now. No more fee.”
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's what I'm wondering.  As a former IT Contractor, I have seen many small companies bought up by conglomerates, promised 'nothing will change, but more money!' and usually within a couple years, all new staff and that is if the place/website is even still alive.

So....fingers crossed that arfcom avoids that fate....
View Quote
This happened to me. Bought by a VC firm in 06, nothing will change the sky is the limit! it lasted 10 years of them draining EVERYTHING from us. Then closing in bankruptcy Dec 22 of 2017. And a great job of 27 years gone.

So ya color me surprised if this place lasts..
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Hmm.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In for the rebranding

ARFCOM by Brownells: because anything’s a dildo if you’re brave enough
View Quote
"And that's the way it is"

Larr......
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was kidding. I don’t know anything about this stuff at all. Just a dude who comes to arfcom sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I told you guys how powerful the Corn Mafia was. You all thought I was joking.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going to view this as a positive until given a reason to think differently.
this
Also this
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who owns 2nd Adventure Group?
The First Adventure Group.

View Quote
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Super Adventure Club.

Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#37]
So....Lifetime Memberships should be available soon, eh?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was kidding. I don’t know anything about this stuff at all. Just a dude who comes to arfcom sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'sometimes'?????
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Dear Brownells,

Release DanTSX, please.

Thanks
View Quote
Release Diesel first.

thx
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
But  The 2nd Adventure Group is wholly owned by Pete and Frank Brownell. Just saying. You are making it sound like some large unknown conglomeration owns both brownells and ar15 when it is the Brownells themselves. Just clarifying that for the average arfcommer who does not know these things.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep pointing that out, but I’m not seeing that it really matters much?

Quoted:

—Snip—

AR15.com has joined the 2nd Adventure Group family. The 2nd Adventure Group is wholly owned by Pete and Frank Brownell, and also serves as the umbrella company that owns Brownells, Inc. and other industry brands.

—Snip—
Not intending to be a dick towards you, just that I think this seems most applicable:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There's been plenty of people here with paid memberships - many familiar faces as well, that refuse to purchase a membership again.
View Quote
He joined in 2018.

Do you know when the last time life memberships were offered?  
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not intending to be a dick towards you, just that I think this seems most applicable:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/A8963196-CA3F-4B4E-A6A0-4BBFE56106B7_jpeg-967940.JPG
View Quote
Might be the degree of separation they need to leave ARFcom to its own devices and "retain its brand".
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Normally I would wonder why anyone would want a traditional web forum in 2019 since everyone is shifting to social networks, but since all the major social media networks are either demonetizing firearm content or purging it entirely, there might be a good reason to own a site like arfcom.

Even the gun communities that haven't been banned on a site like reddit survive with only the most tortured of rules.
View Quote
I for one absolutely prefer the organizational format of this forum a few hundred billion times over that of "social media platforms" such as Fartbook, Twatter, and those other dens of weaponized autism knows as 4chan, Reddit, and many other forums that have a much less friendly board layout.

This site has the best, most user friendly board layout of any forum I've ever used.  By far, no questions about it.   I do hope it stays that way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#45]
So does Brownells now own all the dick pics that have been submitted to the mods with yearly membership applications?

Will they ever be sold or publicly traded with third parties?

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Personally, nope. I plan to work harder as this and current events have energized me quite a bit. I feel that there is more left for me to do in this world before my time is up. I plan to pursue those things on behalf of everyone here and our larger firearm supporting family out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, are he Avila's going on a buying spree with the new found cash  ?

Retiring, and working remote from Costa Rica ?

What y'all doing with all dat cheddar ?
Personally, nope. I plan to work harder as this and current events have energized me quite a bit. I feel that there is more left for me to do in this world before my time is up. I plan to pursue those things on behalf of everyone here and our larger firearm supporting family out there.
Wait a minute.....you're related to EdAvilaSr.?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I for one absolutely prefer the organizational format of this forum a few hundred billion times over that of "social media platforms" such as Fartbook, Twatter, and those other dens of weaponized autism knows as 4chan, Reddit, and many other forums that have a much less friendly board layout.

This site has the best, most user friendly board layout of any forum I've ever used.  By far, no questions about it.   I do hope it stays that way.
View Quote
Very much so.

It's legible, easy to post, easy for people to write up articles in - whether it be posting news events with pics or a range trip with photos & video & links, easy to read, easy to follow conversations.

Arguably the chans aren't terribly bad, it's just that by its own nature they have no actual community.  Censorship of r/TheDonald tells you everything you need to know about Reddit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/A8963196-CA3F-4B4E-A6A0-4BBFE56106B7_jpeg-967940.JPG
View Quote
Rights to content have to be conveyed from one entity to another regardless of shared ownership.  And - while we don't *know* as we aren't privy to the paperwork - the way it's being presented is Brownells Inc and AR15.COM are completely separate entities that share a common owner, 2nd Adventures.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Might be the degree of separation they need to leave ARFcom to its own devices and "retain its brand".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you’re right, and this place doesn’t get demolished.

Quoted:
Quoted:

100% this a 1000X.   Board layout is great compared to the other places.  Screw a bunch of bookface bs.  I’d bail and never look back if this place turned into a clusterfuck like those sites.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Who knows. Maybe this buyout will finally be the one that doesn't inevitably go bad.
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top