Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dear Brownells,

Release DanTSX, please.

Thanks
View Quote
Hopefully not and we see some other posters get the boot too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Those other sites sold to advertising companies who only cared about cashing in. (GlockTalk is another example.) This is an entirely different situation. We would never put this place at risk like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please don't do to arfcom what happened to the hide.....never liked that place to begin with, but after it changed hands it went downhill quick.
Those other sites sold to advertising companies who only cared about cashing in. (GlockTalk is another example.) This is an entirely different situation. We would never put this place at risk like that.
Does this deal have a "poison pill" clause if Brownells starts tweaking and slowly muting us or just messes with our forum in any negative way?
@GoatBoy
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope with the change that Beekeeper comes back. Was a great staff member.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Rights to content have to be conveyed from one entity to another regardless of shared ownership.  And - while we don't *know* as we aren't privy to the paperwork - Brownells Inc and AR15.COM are completely separate entities that share a common owner, 2nd Adventures.
View Quote
Built in plausible deniability for Brownells.com. They can honestly say "I don't know what going on over there at ARF. They're our cousins but they are our retarded cousins."
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Whelp, hope the Avila’s made out well on the sale and that the corn growers don’t fuck with the site too much.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ok so the best thing I can say is this.

Give it a couple months and see where we are. See if your fears are coming true and if any new chaos threatens this place.
View Quote
I'm going down with the boat
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Rights to content have to be conveyed from one entity to another regardless of shared ownership.  And - while we don't *know* as we aren't privy to the paperwork - the way it's being presented is Brownells Inc and AR15.COM are completely separate entities that share a common owner, 2nd Adventures.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep pointing that out, but I’m not seeing that it really matters much?

Not intending to be a dick towards you, just that I think this seems most applicable:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53338/A8963196-CA3F-4B4E-A6A0-4BBFE56106B7_jpeg-967940.JPG
Rights to content have to be conveyed from one entity to another regardless of shared ownership.  And - while we don't *know* as we aren't privy to the paperwork - the way it's being presented is Brownells Inc and AR15.COM are completely separate entities that share a common owner, 2nd Adventures.
I’d have to take your word for it, as I’m literally too ignorant to know the difference.

If entity A owns both “B” and “C”, can’t “A” just send a memo to “C” saying ‘give all your data’ to “B”?

That’s my point of confusion (in there being any meaningful difference).
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’d have to take your word for it, as I’m literally too ignorant to know the difference.

If entity A owns both “B” and “C”, can’t “A” just send a memo to “C” saying ‘give all your data’ to “B”?

That’s my point of confusion (in there being any meaningful difference).
View Quote
I know that is a big No-No with public companies. Thanks Enron, Dodd and Frank.... A whole lotta business ethics issues.

Private companies it is probably fine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you even imagine Pete Brownell surfing to AR15.com to see their new accusation?  Guy would probably roll up into a ball and cry. Would need PTSD treatment after reading through GD.  

Mr. Brownell is a stand up guy I am sure. But he seems like the kind of man that would get bent out of shape if you used the word "hell" in a non biblical context. Or any profanity for that matter.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations on your new business venture, the Avila family. I get the feeling this decision was not made haphazardly and that it will further the goal of protecting our rights.

It's reassuring to know that the owners of the largest gun based website on the internet are just as involved in our interests as they are in their own. I'm sure they knew there would be some naysayers and doubters, however, they did it anyways because they saw a way to help our community and protect our freedom(s) as well.

I hope that reads right, I suck at internets.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No.  At least not Brownells Inc.

2nd Adventures owns AR15.COM LLC.  2nd Adventures owns Brownells Inc.  That does not necessarily mean Brownells Inc owns rights to AR15.COM LLC IP or content.
View Quote
Yea... but the bigger point is no matter what company you call it, they are all ran by the same people...
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They will be upgraded to Hyundai Excel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happens to the staff Yugo?

That thing is full of years of shameful acts history!
They will be upgraded to Hyundai Excel.
@LittlePony

Sounds like fightin' words when we have SuperKiaMan on site.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#13]
In on one
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Poor Brownells chat support.  

All the imbeciles are rushing over for beans or no beans support.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
What happened to Beekeeper?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yea... but the bigger point is no matter what company you call it, they are all ran by the same people...
View Quote
Ownership (i.e., the Board Members) set policy and hire / fire upper management.  Aside from the CEO who is often a board member, they generally aren't involved in the day to day operations of the companies on whose boards they sit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Insert typical arfcom rant about something complaining about something penis
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
He got stung by the flightless bird.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why do you hate freedom brah?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear Brownells,

Release DanTSX, please.

Thanks
Bye
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Long story short:

I said that members had been banned for NRA bashing
TBK calls me a liar
Aimless calls him on it
TBK doubles down
Aimless proves that TBK is lying
TBK resigns and logs out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
reported
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I bet the WVHTF really picks up steam now.........
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nah, he was a dick.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
reported
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

reported
Thanks for your service
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Long story short:

TBK calls me a liar
Aimless calls him on it
TBK doubles down
View Quote
Good Riddance
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a hard time believing Brownells has ever been in GD and still did the acquisition.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#31]
14 pages in, countless people have mentioned experience with other forums being sold, resulting destruction, but I don't think I've seen an example of success.

We might be just unique and strong enough to pull it off, but losing that uniqueness is exactly what we are afraid of. The stakes are high. The fear is not unfounded. This isn't moving the reply button across the screen, this has the capability of completely transforming the site.

I'm not optimistic, but I think the fact the Arfcom does so well in the era of fbook/twt bodes well for us. If anyone can do this, it's us.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#32]
What are the screen names for the members of 2nd adventure group and how long have they been members?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Brownells has no control over ARFCOM, it's 2nd Adventure, so only those in the controlling entity are going to be a voice on things. As for a poison pill, hmmm. It's setup to allow us shared decision making. They want this to succeed and us to be involved. This isn't us running away with money or them trying to push control for their own purposes. We all want the same thing here. ARFCOM is an important place. You all are what make this community special and why we fight so hard for the 2A community. This is not an end, but a beginning. I've said it a few times and I really believe it. I have been around buyouts before and this is different. How it plays out will be determined in the coming years, but I hope that we prove that two companies with like minded folks can make it work for everyone's benefit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does this deal have a "poison pill" clause if Brownells starts tweaking and slowly muting us or just messes with our forum in any negative way?
@GoatBoy
Brownells has no control over ARFCOM, it's 2nd Adventure, so only those in the controlling entity are going to be a voice on things. As for a poison pill, hmmm. It's setup to allow us shared decision making. They want this to succeed and us to be involved. This isn't us running away with money or them trying to push control for their own purposes. We all want the same thing here. ARFCOM is an important place. You all are what make this community special and why we fight so hard for the 2A community. This is not an end, but a beginning. I've said it a few times and I really believe it. I have been around buyouts before and this is different. How it plays out will be determined in the coming years, but I hope that we prove that two companies with like minded folks can make it work for everyone's benefit.
Isn't 2nd Adventure Group wholly owned by Pete and Frank Brownell?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Long story short:

TBK calls me a liar
Aimless calls him on it
TBK doubles down
View Quote
I for one,  missed this occurence.

(Being that I was banned at the time )

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Nra-Wayne-la-pierre-support-idea/5-2080047/?r=-1&page=1&anc=70759150#i70759150

Turns out, Wayne isnt as liked as he once was.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Congratulations.

I'm hoping that the mention of the 1st and the 2nd amendment implies the desire to extend the most popular firearm website to a dedicated firearms media platform, and perhaps a conservative media outlet as well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Was there "87" in the sales price? Like $1,000,000,000.87? If not, I'm really disappoint.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What are the screen names for the members of 2nd adventure group and how long have they been members?
View Quote
2nd Adventure Group and 2nd Adventure Group Media LLC were both formed on 5/30/2019....

Look out for 19ers!
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have a hard time believing Brownells has ever been in GD and still did the acquisition.
View Quote
ARFCOM is the 2a oriented forum on the net.  There are other firearms / military / like minded forums, but they're smaller and more specialized with more of a "you aren't us unless you're us" feel to them.

As a vehicle for information, with the potential for grassroots movements in the 2a world, ARFCOM is second to none.  This leads to some interesting speculation on why ARFCOM would be attractive to someone like Pete Brownell, a former NRA board member.  I'm interested to see what plays out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
87_days

ETA: I guess not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I hope this turns out to be a unicorn.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@GoatBoy
Brownells owns 2nd Adventure though.  So.....
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#44]
I see they keep ignoring Industry Partner posts.  I imagine the whole industry section going away.  They aren't going to fund Brownells, their competitor, nor will Brownells see their potential profits go to other companies
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

2nd Adventure Group and 2nd Adventure Group Media LLC were both formed on 5/30/2019....

Look out for 19ers!
View Quote
Surely they would have had at least one person who was a member here for bit of time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

87_days

ETA: I guess not.
View Quote
Shit they are an underscore.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@GoatBoy
Yep, so if the Brownells decided to exert control, that would come from the Brownells, not Brownells.

I am optimistic at this point and can see good things happening.

And if not, oh well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#49]
I feel violated.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top