Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet this black bond is confronted by white racism at every turn and bangs abuch of aryan broads in the movie too. More white guilt pc bullshit. Try making shaft or blade white and see blacks and libs go INSANE. Even that egpyt movie is getting shit for not making the egyptions black (protip - they wernt). Fuck everything
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the guy as an actor, but seriously,  casting him as bond is nothing more than political correctness and white guilt.  What's next, a black Annie?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No racism at all, but Bond is a white British character, that is the stupidest idea that I have ever seen...

Bond is a cool British guy, set in the present day I don't see any problem with a cool British black guy being Bond. It's not like a black Lone Ranger or Sergeant Rock.  

Beats the idea Craig was floating of a Gay Bond
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?
No racism at all, but Bond is a white British character, that is the stupidest idea that I have ever seen...

Bond is a cool British guy, set in the present day I don't see any problem with a cool British black guy being Bond. It's not like a black Lone Ranger or Sergeant Rock.  

Beats the idea Craig was floating of a Gay Bond

I remember reading that and being like, "BULLSHI... That... That actually kinda makes sense. Huh."

Bond is a spy, basically a high stakes actor. With the exception of Vesper, he never really gets involved with women, outside of his job. Granted, I think he's a little more enthusiastic about it than a gay guy would be, but I could see the case to be made.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This has nothing to do with getting the best possible actor (what's wrong with Daniel Craig?) for the role. This is a Hollywood studio wanting to cast a black man, just because.

Just imagine the uproar if George Clooney were given the role of Shaft?
View Quote

He's actually a good actor and could pull it off. I kind of see Bond like the guys from Men in Black. You loose your personally identity and take of the one given to you by the agency. I don't the role being race dependent so much. I thought Craig did a good job as Bond but they seem to change Bond up every few years.

As for Clooney being Shaft. Well yeah Clooney would look pretty stupid walking around the Bronx being a cop talking jive. It wouldn't be believable.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You need to watch the actor in question here before you say that. The dude is good, and would make a great Bond to anyone that doesn't have a preconcieved notion that he has to be white.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This has nothing to do with getting the best possible actor (what's wrong with Daniel Craig?) for the role. This is a Hollywood studio wanting to cast a black man, just because.

You need to watch the actor in question here before you say that. The dude is good, and would make a great Bond to anyone that doesn't have a preconcieved notion that he has to be white.

I've seen him in plenty of movies & I think he is a very good actor. That doesn't change my opinion though. Hollywood loves to do this. Kojak, Annie, Jim West, The Equalizer, Daniel San, etc...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Great actor.

View Quote

Yep. He'd make a good Bond.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Herein lies the problem with affirmative action in whatever form it happens to take.  Dude is a rock solid actor, no question about that.  But does the studio want him for his talent or his skin color or do they luck out and get both?  I'm a huge Bond fan and I'm fairly indifferent on this one.   He'll have a huge burden of measuring up to the others before he even starts the role.  Frankly I'd rather see him get a shot at defining a new character.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No one outside of Alabama is going to get riled up over a black dude kissing white chicks  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yo link is broken yo

Fuck, it's Tatiana Romanova, the love interest in From Russia With Love.

I'm thinking this would be a problem in the US unless they cast Halle Berry in every role as the love interest.

ETA:  I like Alba, he's a great actor when he isn't called to act black.
No one outside of Alabama is going to get riled up over a black dude kissing white chicks  

Maybe all the enlightened New York Remington people can change the backward thinking in Alabama
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I watched some scenes on YouTube with him and didn't get a Bond vibe at all like people are saying...am I missing something?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#13]
From what I've read abot the guy, he's a raging dick who complained constantly about playing his role in the Thor movies.  Not sure why the Bond franchise would want that headache.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I watched some scenes on YouTube with him and didn't get a Bond vibe at all like people are saying...am I missing something?
View Quote

maybe because those characters he was playing were not named James Bond?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hit the Butthurt Button! WAAAAAH!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe all the enlightened New York Remington people can change the backward thinking in Alabama
Hit the Butthurt Button! WAAAAAH!  

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#16]

That would be awesome. We should get Benedict Cumberbatch to play Martin Lutheran King while we're at it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
From what I've read abot the guy, he's a raging dick who complained constantly about playing his role in the Thor movies.  Not sure why the Bond franchise would want that headache.
View Quote

Thats racist
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Since Bond's character is Scottish, I'll just leave this here:

White: Total 5,084,407  96.02%
African: Total  29,638   0.56%

Demographics of Scotland - Ethnicity
View Quote

1/2 scot, 1/2 swiss, actually.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No one outside of Alabama Gemeral Discussion is going to get riled up over a black dude kissing white chicks  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yo link is broken yo

Fuck, it's Tatiana Romanova, the love interest in From Russia With Love.

I'm thinking this would be a problem in the US unless they cast Halle Berry in every role as the love interest.

ETA:  I like Alba, he's a great actor when he isn't called to act black.
No one outside of Alabama Gemeral Discussion is going to get riled up over a black dude kissing white chicks  

_lol_

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You know, I think he'd make a swell Annie too.
View Quote

lol.

I went to see that movie (wife dragged me - for the kids, who loved the OG Annie).

Kids pretty much said they prefered the original Annie.

As much as I dislike him, Jamie Foxx carried the new Annie movie.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since Bond's character is Scottish, I'll just leave this here:

White: Total 5,084,407  96.02%
African: Total  29,638   0.56%

Demographics of Scotland - Ethnicity

I forgot about his mom being Swiss
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Hopefully Kim Jong Un is a Bond fan and will nuke this from orbit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#23]
he'd have made an amazing Dr. who, and he'd be a good bond too, but I'll admit I like daniel craig as bond.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#24]
[MSM} its time for a black James Bond [/MSM}
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#25]
A black James Bond??

Whats next? A white Shaft??

PC and white guilt are retarded.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I really do wonder if Al had input on this...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Never heard of the guy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

lol.

I went to see that movie (wife dragged me - for the kids, who loved the OG Annie).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, I think he'd make a swell Annie too.

lol.

Jamie Foxx has proven to be an incredible actor. He's up there with Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, and others who surprised the heck out of me at how good they could do dramatic - non comedy - roles. I doubt I'll see Annie, but your observation does not surprise me. Heck, just watch his eyes in "Collateral" as he is reacting to Tom Cruise. That's a subtle skill not many seem to be able to pull off. Ironically, his real breakthrough tole, in "Ray," didn't allow him to use his eyes that way at all.

I wonder if he can do accents?  The next cliche step - if he has the chops - is to go that route, or do the mental handicap thing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
[MSM} its time for a black transgendered handicapped immigrant James Bond fighting against the racism in his own country[/MSM}
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#31]
While he's a great actor I think he's a little old to be taking up the Bond mantel, that and it seems like it's just a PC stunt and it'll likely hurt the franchise.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A black James Bond??

Whats next? A white Shaft??

PC and white guilt are retarded.
View Quote

I'd love to see a white Shaft. (Wait, that please don't quote that out of context. )

Seriously, though, an Indian or Pakistani Bond (or at least partially) would make more sense than a black one, if they want to throw a twist to the conventional narrative.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#33]
That'll kill the Bond film series.

PC is PC but this is bullshit.  What's next?  A lesbian, handicapped James Bond?

It's like a progressive circle-jerk to watch remakes of movies with black people and women instead of the original.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Jason Statham FTW!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#35]
he'll always be stringer bell to me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think he'd be a great Bond.

I also think Clive Owen would make a good Bond.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Jason Statham FTW!
View Quote

Disagree. He kicks butt and I like his movies but I can't see him pulling off the smoothness of Bond.

Also he's the Transporter and does very similar type movies. Any Bond movie would seem like one of those rather than a Bond flick.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
The Bond folks got plenty of practice in that regard with Timothy Dalton

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I think he would be a great James Bond. The whole idea is being stylish and cool, which he certainly could pull off.

I remember when Colin Firth wanted to play Bond.....No thanks!!!!

Weren't a bunch of people butt hurt because Craig had blonde hair?

If Idris Elba did get the role, heads would explode like Clayton Bigsby
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I love the guy as an actor, but seriously,  casting him as bond is nothing more than political correctness and white guilt.  What's next, a black Annie?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I think it'd be great because it'd add to the fan theory that James Bond/007 is not one man, but a cover for a position within MI6.

Too many people are seeing him as Stringer Bell. I don't think they should drop Daniel Craig for him but if he's out for whatever reason then they should go for it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think he'd be a great Bond.

I also think Clive Owen would make a good Bond.

Clive Owen would be bad (good bad) as fuck as bond!
I think Idris will kick ass too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Disagree. He kicks butt and I like his movies but I can't see him pulling off the smoothness of Bond.

Also he's the Transporter and does very similar type movies. Any Bond movie would seem like one of those rather than a Bond flick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jason Statham FTW!

this

what is wrong with Daniel Craig?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

this

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jason Statham FTW!

this

Craig has been the best actor for Bond so far.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#45]
He looks like a Bond to me. Craig is the best Bond so far, though. He'd be hard to top.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Danny DeVito would make a fine Bruce Lee in a re-make of "Enter the Dragon"....

Joe Pesci would make a great Jean Luc Picard for the next Star Trek , don't you think

And Taylor Swift could break into acting playing Aunt Esther
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He looks like a Bond to me. Craig is the best Bond so far, though. He'd be hard to top.
View Quote

clearly an expert on the subject.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He's actually a good actor and could pull it off. I kind of see Bond like the guys from Men in Black. You loose your personally identity and take of the one given to you by the agency. I don't the role being race dependent so much. I thought Craig did a good job as Bond but they seem to change Bond up every few years.

As for Clooney being Shaft. Well yeah Clooney would look pretty stupid walking around the Bronx being a cop talking jive. It wouldn't be believable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No less believable than Will Smith as a Secret Service agent immediately following the Civil War.

Mumbles would be credible as a present day James Bond. As a 1960s Bond? Not so much.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No, we need someone who can speak coherently...and act too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jason Statham FTW!

No, we need someone who can speak coherently...and act too

This,  though I didn't really realize just how shitty an actor he was, until I saw him in the Expendables movies.  There, surrounded by other shitty actors (and a few decent ones), his inability to act really stands out.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top