User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i think a big part of it is that Hyundai is vary aggressive, they wanted to figure out in the most assured way where they can sell them but the way they went about doing it ...

right now they NEED to make a mid size suv to be a true success in the states, but of course since it is a Korean brand, and Korea is STILL a place were the sedan is king, perhaps maybe a luxury suv is a totally foreign concept to them

the GV80 suv is coming though, but the fact that they did not develop that first before 3 dying markets is baffling, perhaps the demand in korea, china and the mid east was THAT strong for sedans that it was reason enough for sedans first
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll second this, the car is much better than anyone expects.

Can't reco tho after the last 6 months go round with Hyundai. Dealer service is inept, the experience is sub standard and corp is clueless - basic understanding of customer care is absent. If they are going to operate in this sphere - they've got much to learn. But the trade off is price - it's not a trade I'm willing to make.

We'll see if it changes since they get stand alone dealers in place, but I doubt it.
i think a big part of it is that Hyundai is vary aggressive, they wanted to figure out in the most assured way where they can sell them but the way they went about doing it ...

right now they NEED to make a mid size suv to be a true success in the states, but of course since it is a Korean brand, and Korea is STILL a place were the sedan is king, perhaps maybe a luxury suv is a totally foreign concept to them

the GV80 suv is coming though, but the fact that they did not develop that first before 3 dying markets is baffling, perhaps the demand in korea, china and the mid east was THAT strong for sedans that it was reason enough for sedans first
Dont disagree - But I'd prefer they get the dealer base and Corp policies and CS skills square first. It shouldn't take two franchise shops to misrepair a Genesis - and a cherry picked third to correctly diagnose. Especially when I cherry picked and it was a 5 hours from home base. Kinda undercut Corp claim there was no issue with the first two attempts. Then re-assemble was incorrect and they lost the $500+ engine cover.  Corp attitude was, none of this is an issue. I was around at the inception of Lexus  - Toyota was abundantly aware of the need to elevate. Hyundai hasn't got the memo.

Extremely poorly handled on Hyundai's part. The treatment was initially crap, maybe because he was a college kid with a Genesis. It degraded even after I got involved. Once proper leverage was applied, everything got straight in a hurry, but that outcome should have never been forced since it should have neber been in doubt. It left a extremely poor impression for a warranty issue that should have been routinely resolved.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
lol of course you post a pic of the interior of an S3.  OK OK, maybe not the A3/S3/RS3.  There are better options for OP than a 3 model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
lol of course you post a pic of the interior of an S3.  OK OK, maybe not the A3/S3/RS3.  There are better options for OP than a 3 model.
It's the pic I had at hand since it's the one I took w my phone  - I've owned and spent decent time in a lot of Audi's, MB, BMW, Jags etc. I just don't think Audi is objectively better then others in the class.  But they do a great job.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's the pic I had at hand since it's the one I took w my phone  - I've owned and spent decent time in a lot of Audi's, MB, BMW, Jags etc. I just don't think Audi is objectively better then others in the class.  But they do a great job.
View Quote
The Audi virtual cockpit is the best in the biz
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I would get a used Nissan GTR
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Too bad they don't make the VW Phaeton anymore.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dont disagree - But I'd prefer they get the dealer base and Corp policies and CS skills square first. It shouldn't take two franchise shops to misrepair a Genesis - and a cherry picked third to correctly diagnose. Especially when I cherry picked and it was a 5 hours from home base. Kinda undercut Corp claim there was no issue with the first two attempts. Then re-assemble was incorrect and they lost the $500+ engine cover.  Corp attitude was, none of this is an issue. I was around at the inception of Lexus  - Toyota was abundantly aware of the need to elevate. Hyundai hasn't got the memo.

Extremely poorly handled on Hyundai's part. The treatment was initially crap, maybe because he was a college kid with a Genesis. It degraded even after I got involved. Once proper leverage was applied, everything got straight in a hurry, but that outcome should have never been forced since it should have neber been in doubt. It left a extremely poor impression for a warranty issue that should have been routinely resolved.
View Quote
hence is one of the biggest reasons im glad im not with Hyundai USA, ill stick with kia, thank god they only own 33% of us

and honestly from what i have heard, many MANY of the dealers did not even WANT genesis cars, they did not want to do what was required for customer satisfaction, aka picking up customers cars from there house and dropping off a top of the line loaner and other such things

genesis was rammed down there throats, so i cant be as upset

thats why there is so few K900 dealers, at least they know what they were geting into in the beginning right form the get go
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
yes
View All Quotes
LMAO.

Nooooooope
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because it's ugly as sin and is a wanna be Maybach just like the Hyundai Genisis
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I went GS350 but if I had another $10k from not buying ammo all the time, I'd have gone LS460.
If you want luxury, LS or settle for Genesis G90.  Sport, GS (F if you want an actual sports car).  Mercedes or BMW if you get an extended warranty and sell it after a few years.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Because it's ugly as sin and is a wanna be Maybach just like the Hyundai Genisis
View Quote
there is no Hyundai genesis anymore, just genesis
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, I tend to agree on the cluster itself.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's more a wanna be Bentley
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This just makes me shake my head and think of all the case studies I read through when I was working on a marketing degree.  Hyundai made some pretty amateur mistakes, many of the same ones VW made with the Phaeton.  All Hyundai had to do was copy what Lexus did.

Trying to form a whole division using a nameplate from what many see as a discount brand was/is pants on head retarded.  "And let's use a name with biblical and video game connotations!  That's how well get 'em!  Yeah, and we can reuse all of these logos and shit that say Genesis!"  
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This just makes me shake my head and think of all the case studies I read through when I was working on a marketing degree.  Hyundai made some pretty amateur mistakes, many of the same ones VW made with the Phaeton.  All Hyundai had to do was copy what Lexus did.

Trying to form a whole division using a nameplate from what many see as a discount brand was/is pants on head retarded.  "And let's use a name with biblical and video game connotations!  That's how well get 'em!  Yeah, and we can reuse all of these logos and shit that say Genesis!"  
View Quote
and yet, here we are.

and really i dont think anyone could replicate what toyota did with lexus, it was the right place at the right time.

id say the LS is easily in the top 5 of the most influential cars of the 20th century, no other car single handedly flipped the table of the premium market to such a extreme that it pulled away people from Mercedes and even Rolls Royce buyers were curious to take look a it
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eiji def got it, Borst got it, Togo got it, Press got it, Urchida got it, Illingsworth got it, Moran got it - note this, Toyota did not try to strongarm JM out of 1/6 of the US market - they made them a partner. I watched them scoop up the best talent like Lloyd Koppas (who won every tech event for years) as their lead troubleshooter. Dick Chitty was a fixed ops god - Lexus has the rep for service because he would not come off his line. He damn near invented customer care.

The whole atmosphere was Customer First and they lived it like the lived TQM. They understood the experience would determine the success, not the hardware. If you weren't a Presidents Award franchise you weren't getting a Lexus shop. I leaned a shit ton there. I've experienced Hyundai's lacking first hand. It's much more than timing and proximity.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Another thing I’d offer is an Audi SQ5. Test drive one and they are nice. Decent speed and will go anywhere in almost any condition. Plus the interior is much stepped up from standard Audi interiors.
View Quote
I drive mine like I stole it
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Audi.  I currently own a Q5 and also had a Q7.  Buy a CPO and you're good to go.

Audi has the best interiors hands down.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14291/89D60C26-EB4C-44F7-9F1E-61BF51D28597_jpeg-844327.JPG

They do a good job, best.....pretty subjective
drove one as a loaner.  cup holder placement sucks way up front there when the cup you have hits the dashboard.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Just about any Land Rover or Jaguar. Used, of course.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

drove one as a loaner.  cup holder placement sucks way up front there when the cup you have hits the dashboard.
View Quote
Somewhere, in Ingolstadt Herr Doktor Ingenieur is raging.

But yea, definitely not my favorite Jetta
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Poor people don't get luxury cars.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Poor people don't get luxury cars.
View Quote
They do, but they are usually 10 years old...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lexus LS
View Quote
This x 1,000,000

'17 LS F-Sport
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File

Canoe ya could do worse
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think forming the Genesis brand is one of a few mandatory steps, and as a name, I don’t think it’s any worse than Luxury EXport US.

If anything, the mistake is trying to sell cars like the Genesis and the K900 from regular Hyundai and Kia stores. Those businesses are built on selling Elantras and Souls to customers looking for a cheaper alternative to Toyota and Honda offerings. Sales and services are oriented to that customer base. Regardless of how well the original Genesis sedan and the K900 were designed and built, trying to target luxury customers from a budget/value brand storefront was a horrible idea for exactly the sort of reasons Alacrity has detailed.

The Genesis brand needs different people with different approaches to sales and service to be effective.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think forming the Genesis brand is one of a few mandatory steps, and as a name, I don't think it's any worse than Luxury EXport US.

If anything, the mistake is trying to sell cars like the Genesis and the K900 from regular Hyundai and Kia stores. Those businesses are built on selling Elantras and Souls to customers looking for a cheaper alternative to Toyota and Honda offerings. Sales and services are oriented to that customer base. Regardless of how well the original Genesis sedan and the K900 were designed and built, trying to target luxury customers from a budget/value brand storefront was a horrible idea for exactly the sort of reasons Alacrity has detailed.

The Genesis brand needs different people with different approaches to sales and service to be effective.
View Quote
I think they should have stuck with Alexis

Which Hyundai has realized, but the decision to transition from Model to Brand has been complicated by their willful ignorance of state franchise laws and powerful dealer groups. Its working out piss poor as they continue trying to twist arms and literally disenfranchise dealers. After they pressured dealers to upgrade and meet new reqs for Genesis models, they decided Genesis needed to be in a limited number of exclusive dealerships. This creates some issues from Genesis as the Model was offered through franchised dealers who feel they have a continued right to sales access under law. One state agrees.

https://autoweek.com/article/car-news/genesis-barred-selling-louisiana

Why you dont want to step into the Genesis arena presently OP
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#27]
I am no car expert but I get to drive a lot of different cars for work, three that just surprised the heck out of me with absolutely no previous expectations were the Audi Q5 and I hate to say it but two were dodge products the Charger and the Durango SRT. The three were very fun cars to drive.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top