Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably not much--it will already be panic mode and there won't be anything left to buy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
More specialty training and more machines for the biz. Expand work areas during the perpetual shutdown of Bidenworld.

I do need an RMRd glock and TLR VIR for larping at night with a handgun but I can still dig that up in the next week or so.

So yeah I'm good, just IM me the correct Baofeng channel for the meetup,the challenge passwords, as well as our IFF pattern when the shit goes down.

Orangutan actual is my callsign,I'll be listenin
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be selling pmags for YUGE prices.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One issue is that I've upgraded  many doubtful parts on my PSA pistols, and lately I've had issues with a couple that took a gunsmith to fix.  To me the quality just isn't there.  I'm not ponying up $200 per weapon for what I consider to be the American equivalent of the WASR10.  I just don't think I could trust them with my life compared to a Colt or BCM and so they went to consignment.  I kept one with a BCM upper and PSA lower and it's being legally converted to a 16" rifle, but at some point it may get a new lower too.

If my pistols were made by a Tier 1 manufacturer, I might feel differently.  But honestly, a tax stamp for firearms that I always considered throwaway truck guns just doesn't make sense.  I know we are not there yet, but I have other AR's and getting my money out of the pistols right before the election just seems smart at this time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No way in fuck will I submit to confiscation and the physical subjugation that will be coming.

I have decided not to die on the hill of pistol braces.  The length of pull was always a little short for me, plus the muzzle flash and noise has caused a couple of fellow shooters to stop going to the range with me--my girlfriend included.  I put a Smith Vortex G6A3 on a couple and it's an excellent flash hider, but I swear I still have to double  up on ear pro to do anything with the sound.

I will say, however, that I will not give up my "good stuff" even if I have to do things that I shall not type.

shame

we're already on the last hill that's left, you just don't know it.

One issue is that I've upgraded  many doubtful parts on my PSA pistols, and lately I've had issues with a couple that took a gunsmith to fix.  To me the quality just isn't there.  I'm not ponying up $200 per weapon for what I consider to be the American equivalent of the WASR10.  I just don't think I could trust them with my life compared to a Colt or BCM and so they went to consignment.  I kept one with a BCM upper and PSA lower and it's being legally converted to a 16" rifle, but at some point it may get a new lower too.

If my pistols were made by a Tier 1 manufacturer, I might feel differently.  But honestly, a tax stamp for firearms that I always considered throwaway truck guns just doesn't make sense.  I know we are not there yet, but I have other AR's and getting my money out of the pistols right before the election just seems smart at this time.

What parts do you consider doubtful on PSA pistols ?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A rope to hang my self with
View Quote

no way bud, you dont get off that easy. you need to join the rank and file and put those skills to the test.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.

I'm in safe funds right now (F fund in tsp).

If trump wins, I'll move everything back over over and ride the wave up. I sold out of L fund when it was the highest ever so at worst this would be a lateral move into C and S.

If trump loses I'm waiting for everything to tank (it will) and moving everything to stocks (C and S).

Either option, I'm playing it safe now and will either gain nothing (except MAGA another 4 years) or will gain bigly when the market tanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stocks when they tank.

This.

If trump wins, I'll move everything back over over and ride the wave up. I sold out of L fund when it was the highest ever so at worst this would be a lateral move into C and S.

If trump loses I'm waiting for everything to tank (it will) and moving everything to stocks (C and S).

Either option, I'm playing it safe now and will either gain nothing (except MAGA another 4 years) or will gain bigly when the market tanks.

I wonder if they will really tank if Biden wins...we'll be buddy buddy with China again bringing in big money for the huge corporations.

I think the stock market might be OK with either one of them.

I do wonder if there is even any point to buy stocks to save for retirement under a Biden presidency though, the future won't be a pleasant one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna go long on casket stocks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Prices will hit the roof. I'll be SELLING. I have too many guns as it is, many of which I've never fired.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing.  I've spent the last 4 years buying. Just got moved to the cabin and have stocked up firewood and supplies.

Gonna set back and watch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Aleady have machine tools, so...chemistry stuff?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No way in fuck will I submit to confiscation and the physical subjugation that will be coming.

I have decided not to die on the hill of pistol braces.  The length of pull was always a little short for me, plus the muzzle flash and noise has caused a couple of fellow shooters to stop going to the range with me--my girlfriend included.  I put a Smith Vortex G6A3 on a couple and it's an excellent flash hider, but I swear I still have to double  up on ear pro to do anything with the sound.

I will say, however, that I will not give up my "good stuff" even if I have to do things that I shall not type.

shame

This list is across multiple pistols, or might have affected only one or two:

1.  Soft charging handles
2.  Poorly staked bolt carriers
3.  Sight posts cranked pretty far up and out of the FSB, necessitating use of the KNS Precision taller sight
4.  Handguards that warp just from firing a couple of magazines
5.  Top rails out of spec, requiring adjustment to any clamp style optic mount
6.  An  upper receiver so bad it couldn't get through one magazine without a bolt over base malfunction.  I sent this to PSA and of course it
    worked through one magazine for them.  I had a gunsmith replace it.
7.  Poorly staked or non-staked castle nuts
8.  A loose receiver extension.  They staked the castle nut without tightening it.
9.  A receiver extension so poorly fitted they had to grind on it to get it to work with the buffer retainer.
10. Crooked KAK braces. This seems to be common on all PSA AR pistols, and some are not too bad but others are horrible.
11.  Non-milspec recoil springs
12.  Non-milspec buffers
13.  Loose handguard front cap

If I think of more I'll come back and edit this.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#12]
you will be lucky to find anything affordable and in stock to buy if biden wins. you will also lose gun rights by the week most likely, with banning mail order ammo and reloading supplies one of the first items on the list.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've been wanting a new chainsaw. possibly battery powered.  I hear good things about them.
View Quote

EGO all the things.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've been wanting a new chainsaw. possibly battery powered.  I hear good things about them.
View Quote

I pickled up one of the DeWalt 60 volt to go with my string trimmer-absolutely love it. Hardly pick up the Stihls anymore!
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stocks when they tank.
This.

I need to move some cash from savings to my brokerage account to have at the ready....
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When's sel366 allowed back in this cess pool anyway?
View Quote

I lose track. Is he the one who loves fat women?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You think ammo is hard to find and expensive now? IF biden wins,you'll wish you had bought that dollar a round 9millimeter.

I'll keep buying more food and supplies.
View Quote

The ban on online ammo sales will be huge.  I expect that since all the chain stores except Basspro, Cabela's and similiar.  They will put greater pressure on reducing the number of FFL ma & pa type stores out in the country.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I heard there is going to be a run on cheez whiz. Better stock up now
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#19]
This is a small part of what's coming

NSSF®, the trade association for the firearm industry, is focusing on former Vice President Joe Biden’s radical antigun campaign promise turn the Bureau of Alcohol. Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) from its’ mission as the nation’s firearms regulatory bureau into a bludgeon to wield against firearm retailers to close off the means by which law-abiding Americans obtain firearms.
View Quote

“The Biden-Harris ticket will weaponize the ATF against retailers to close them down for even minor clerical errors in inspections,” said Lawrence G. Keane, NSSF Senior Vice President and General Counsel. “This a promise Senator Kamala Harris made from the campaign stage. She has vowed to turn the ATF from an agency which assists family-owned firearm retail businesses to stay within the overwhelming labyrinth of federal and state laws and regulations to one that carries a heavy hammer and will shutter federally licensed retailers for minor administrative errors.”

“I will require that for any gun dealer that breaks the law, the ATF take their license,” said Sen. Harris in a 2019 presidential town hall event.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I asked a friend the same question... what he would buy. With a dead, straight face he said "precursors". Not sure if he was serious, and don't want to know.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Shit is too high already to buy anything else.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#22]
If Harris/biden win I’m not sure what I’d be motivated to go out and purchase.

All I know is that the left deserves the sting of a second TRUMP victory so bad.

There are people on my Facebook feed that I need to delete because of things they post. I don’t have a problem if they think Trump did a crappy job and Biden would do better. It’s  the people that are constantly accusing anyone who plans to vote for Trump as being racist. And the one’s who make posts in support of rioting and/or violence against Police. They are to radical for me to have an association with.

The only reason I haven’t deleted certain people already is so I can witness their social media meltdown when Trump wins.  After that I’m going to clean out my friends list a bit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#23]
1st: L.O.L.

2nd: Biden has no chance of winning.

3rd: L.O.L.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
1st: L.O.L.

2nd: Biden has no chance of legitimately winning.

3rd: L.O.L.
View Quote

fixed. yeah, they're going to try and steal it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Stocks when they tank.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

3.  Sight posts cranked pretty far up and out of the FSB, necessitating use of the KNS Precision taller sight
6.  An  upper receiver so bad it couldn't get through one magazine without a bolt over base malfunction.  I sent this to PSA and of course it
8.  A loose receiver extension.  They staked the castle nut without tightening it.
9.  A receiver extension so poorly fitted they had to grind on it to get it to work with the buffer retainer.
10. Crooked KAK braces. This seems to be common on all PSA AR pistols, and some are not too bad but others are horrible.
12.  Non-milspec buffers

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

shame

12.  Non-milspec buffers

Interesting I haven't had any problems with mine.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't see much reason to wait.  I've added quite a bit to my collection this year.

M16
SCAR 20S
Desert Tech MDR 308
Bushmaster ACR
KelTec RDB
Stribog
CZ Scorpion
Tavor TS12B

Still need to add a few more.  Maybe an X95 or Aug.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

12.  Non-milspec buffers

View Quote

jUsT aZ gUd
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Oh ya, you're going to buy ammo are you?

Good luck, 9mm and 556 will hit 900 per k

I'll sell all mine to you.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#30]
20 acres
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing that I wasn't already planning to purchase.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Small and medium dildos to prepare myself for the ass raping that’s coming.

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A backhoe and bags of lime.
View Quote

Why? Buzzards have to eat
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Nothing really. Need 2-3 lpvo to finish a few. But that's about it.  Oh and some slings.

Don't think they'll all be snatched up like mags will. Hope not
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Sandbags
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Bird shot! Lots of bird shot.

I think I've got enough 22 to survive on small game for the foreseeable future.
What I'm lacking is big game ammo, although I guess technically, in a true shtf scenario it would be possible to take a moose with a perfectly placed 22 to the head...hell even the leg if need be then get in close for an anchor shot.

Yeah, I need more big game ammo. Perhaps a new wood stove and a new canoe or two. After that I think I'm set to survive if I really had to.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Haha you will be a day late.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The day after, we are cashing out some investment money.

Haha you will be a day late.

Yep, best thing to do then wait to the next day(day two) and hope for a bounce.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#39]
3/4 ton and convert a cargo trailer to a mini toy hauler then go to where it is warmer than New England.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Plastic straws
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Insurance policy on biden!
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#42]
A silencer. Been wanting one for a while but I'm overwhelmed by the options.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#43]
G17.3
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

if the lights go out from more than 87 seconds, its WROL time and that is the dark path i see this country going down....pardon the pun.

View Quote

Holy shit I’m going to be so bored without the shitposting. I need more physical books.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No way, bro. The Popeye's Classic Chicken Filet Sandwich is FAR superior in just about every way imaginable!
View Quote

No doubt about that!
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
1/8 drill bit.
View Quote

1/16 tool steel has no additional dependencies
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm in the middle changing jobs. Election will dictate if I cash out the 401k, or roll it over.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Solvent traps.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Holy shit I’m going to be so bored without the shitposting. I need more physical books.
View Quote

Yeah. THIS.

I expect to suffer extreme boredom and even perhaps some withdrawal and deprivation pain as the shitposters fall away when the orange man finally shuts up after he loses.  But the OP was asking about purchase plans....  Me?  I'll keep buying groceries and fuel, paying all the usual bills, buying and selling stocks, buying reasonably-priced ammo when I see it (each week I get some 5.56 at ca 30 - 35c/round and some 9mm at around 28 - 32c/rnd - picked up 120 .223 55gr and 200 9 115 fmj today), and occasionally buying new toys and stuff I want but hardly need.  I do plan on "buying" a ca 250k remodel job on my primary house - regardless of who wins.  In truth, I don't really much care which old doddering blow-hard white septuagenarian "wins", and I doubt that I'll much change anything which I am doing or plan to do in the near future.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Photography equipment and maps.

Good for reconning...stuff.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top