BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
North vs. South...Left vs. Right....Civil War II is coming.... There is no way to reason with the left. It has to come down to Right vs. Wrong.
View Quote
It's more city vs. Country.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The art of war is filled with clever quotes and little practical info.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. "

Yeah but dude, how do you do that?  I would suggest a couple of dozen books before Sun Tzu.

Here's a good one though...

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

What that means is that you should be PTing, investing in force multiplyers and practicing with them, shooting cover drills with buddies, stocking food and ammo not a dozen different ARs et etc

Here is another good quote that the online patriot community should pay attention to.

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regardless of what you think, I believe every one of us needs to read and understand  Sunzi or Sun Tzu book of "The Art of War". The war every one is considering will be a guerrilla war on both sides. The left will never have a open battle man to man. They will fight from the shadows and try to wear us down by terrorism and a long protracted war. We will have to be better prepared, physically and mentally  than ANTIFA,

"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. "

Yeah but dude, how do you do that?  I would suggest a couple of dozen books before Sun Tzu.

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

What that means is that you should be PTing, investing in force multiplyers and practicing with them, shooting cover drills with buddies, stocking food and ammo not a dozen different ARs et etc

Here is another good quote that the online patriot community should pay attention to.

No, it means conservatives should go into lower education, higher education, and the government bureaucracy and teach the next generation what they want them to think.

If you win hearts and minds you won't have to shoot hearts and minds. But that isn't sexy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
harden your hearts, indeed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Anse Hatfield to Tolbert, Phamer and Bud McCoy: You boys understand what’s gonna happen here? You understand why?
Anse Hatfield to his firing squad: Make yourselves ready. Harden your hearts.
harden your hearts, indeed.
Tell you what, go get em' Tex.

Wait, who are you gonna get again? And where are they? Anything specific in mind? Or just a general "them" kind of thing?

Good luck with that all you warriors out there. All of your suburban commando wet dreams are waiting for one thing....for "them" to form a standing army and go marching through the mid-west burning farms and looting walmarts along the way to Graceland.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Unless you find some way to get yourself killed, like falling off your Harley during one of your weekend pirate romps, or by eating yourself to death in your moms basement, most of you will die old and frail, never having to go to war against the evil communists on that great battlefield in nowhere Iowa.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Regardless of what you think, I believe every one of us needs to read and understand  Sunzi or Sun Tzu book of "The Art of War". The war every one is considering will be a guerrilla war on both sides. The left will never have a open battle man to man. They will fight from the shadows and try to wear us down by terrorism and a long protracted war. We will have to be better prepared, physically and mentally  than ANTIFA,
View Quote
That's a good idea if you want to get fucked hard in the ass and wonder why.
The art of war was really popular with boomers who never went to war, and I can see why, it's full of platitudes that make people think they are being hip and getting inside the curve.
Where the rubber meets the road, as mentioned, there's PLENTY of material from ACTUAL insurgencies to read.

"The left will never have a open battle man to man. "

They are LITERALLY battling us man to man at protests.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
By those numbers, both sides will hate the government. 60-80k insurgents dead but 1M non-combatants dead?  So 12 dead civilians for every insurgent killed?  Even the NYPD dont have that much collateral damage.  Killing innocents breeds a resentment in the survivors.  They wouldn't be able to be anywhere near as sloppy on home soil or the public would turn against them.

Oh, and damn did this thread turn into a shit slinging fest. I thought it was bad when I left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

" But the last 17 years haven't been the one sided smack down you seemed to have been suggesting"
You... don't really know how effective the GWOT has been globally do you?  Despite our losses, it has been pretty one sided, and would have been more so had Obama not been elected.

We have lost WAY more Americans to illegals on the southern border, than we have overseas fighting actual terrorists. But in return we've killed many, many, many more times the amount of terrorists than we've lost, and most importantly we've killed off most of the smart ones. Estimates are between 60-80,000 terrorists have been killed.

Think about that, 60-80,000 with nearly a million civilian casualties wiping out even more potential future terrorists.

That's 60-80,000+ that didn't make it here to the states.

" I'm thinking more about what I think our own true believers could pull off. "

Probably jack shit. I'd be more concerned with what the capable, confident, experienced people can pull off.
By those numbers, both sides will hate the government. 60-80k insurgents dead but 1M non-combatants dead?  So 12 dead civilians for every insurgent killed?  Even the NYPD dont have that much collateral damage.  Killing innocents breeds a resentment in the survivors.  They wouldn't be able to be anywhere near as sloppy on home soil or the public would turn against them.

Oh, and damn did this thread turn into a shit slinging fest. I thought it was bad when I left.
You've... never been overseas have you?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's a good idea if you want to get fucked hard in the ass and wonder why.
The art of war was really popular with boomers who never went to war, and I can see why, it's full of platitudes that make people think they are being hip and getting inside the curve.
Where the rubber meets the road, as mentioned, there's PLENTY of material from ACTUAL insurgencies to read.

"The left will never have a open battle man to man. "

They are LITERALLY battling us man to man at protests.
View Quote
Because they laid the Sun Tzu groundwork ro win decades ago through indoctrination.  Now they brawl in the streets.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, it means conservatives should go into lower education, higher education, and the government bureaucracy and teach the next generation what they want them to think.

If you win hearts and minds you won't have to shoot hearts and minds. But that isn't sexy.
View Quote
And here I've been an educator for almost 20 years
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

predominantly in liberal states?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Either we decouple from a numbers-based conflict, or we get ground down legally.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
until local LE stands down and lets the riots run their course, it aint gonna happen.

i can see antifa types doing single assaults. always carry.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good on you for that. Now the rest of the movement needs to become ideologically motivated not monetarily motivated. But just like all other problems, this too could and would be fixed by true free market capitalism.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
until local LE stands down and lets the riots run their course, it aint gonna happen.

View Quote
They will stand down when enough of us show up to put boots in asses.

LE is not going to stop those defending them (LE) from ending the side that wants to ban them or reform them or that says they are racist..

when SHTF and it's actually going down, LE will look the other way while the radicals get their asses handed to them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Apples and oranges.

Having your own government getting innocents in the crossfire is very different than when the same occurs with an expeditionary force. Also important to remember war on homeland soil hasn’t happened for 150+ years. The people overseas have been acclimated to war.

When the nazis bombed London it didn’t discourage them, it hardened their resolve.  Firebombing the Japanese had a similar effect. Their cities could’ve been ash and they still would have fought to the last drop of blood. Some still wanted to even after the second atomic bomb dropped.

And no. I haven’t been overseas, but your ad hominem attack is just that. Should have expected it in GD I guess. Seems this thread has devolved to it almost exclusively.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah but dude, how do you do that?
I would suggest a couple of dozen books before Sun Tzu.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah but dude, how do you do that?
I would suggest a couple of dozen books before Sun Tzu.

I always like that quote. I think he was trying to stress the importance of an honest and accurate self assessment as well as your enemies strengths and weaknesses. Like you said that is easier said then done but if you get it right that can be the key to success. The quotes you put out sounded interesting. From a particular book or source?

Quoted:
Tell you what, go get em' Tex.

Wait, who are you gonna get again? And where are they? Anything specific in mind? Or just a general "them" kind of thing?

Good luck with that all you warriors out there. All of your suburban commando wet dreams are waiting for one thing....for "them" to form a standing army and go marching through the mid-west burning farms and looting walmarts along the way to Graceland.
Not the guy you were responding to but it would not be hard to come up with a list of individuals on the other side. I think there are probably more then a few people working on that sort of thing right now. Finding someone to do violence against isn't something people have a hard time with.

One of the things I see as a really bad long term trend is geographic polarization. There are right now cities in the US where if you fired mortars or artillery at them you would have a pretty good chance that anyone you hurt would be one of "them" and not one of "us". What are the odds that if you picked a random person walking around the campus of US Berkley they would be right of center? Probably pretty slim. And that is by design, that particular area has been very vocal that if you hold differing political or social views then them you are not welcome and may be met with violence. NY's governor flatly stated if you are "pro assault weapon" like the members of this board you are not welcome in the state of New York. That is the sort of shit that makes real civil wars possible and the left seems to be trying to lay the ground work for that. I don't think they have thought it through or know what they are doing but they are doing it none the less.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I always like that quote. I think he was trying to stress the importance of an honest and accurate self assessment as well as your enemies strengths and weaknesses. Like you said that is easier said then done but if you get it right that can be the key to success. The quotes you put out sounded interesting. From a particular book or source?

Not the guy you were responding to but it would not be hard to come up with a list of individuals on the other side. I think there are probably more then a few people working on that sort of thing right now. Finding someone to do violence against isn't something people have a hard time with.

One of the things I see as a really bad long term trend is geographic polarization. There are right now cities in the US where if you fired mortars or artillery at them you would have a pretty good chance that anyone you hurt would be one of "them" and not one of "us". What are the odds that if you picked a random person walking around the campus of US Berkley they would be right of center? Probably pretty slim. And that is by design, that particular area has been very vocal that if you hold differing political or social views then them you are not welcome and may be met with violence. NY's governor flatly stated if you are "pro assault weapon" like the members of this board you are not welcome in the state of New York. That is the sort of shit that makes real civil wars possible and the left seems to be trying to lay the ground work for that. I don't think they have thought it through or know what they are doing but they are doing it none the less.
View Quote
Word.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Apples and oranges.

Having your own government getting innocents in the crossfire is very different than when the same occurs with an expeditionary force. Also important to remember war on homeland soil hasn't happened for 150+ years. The people overseas have been acclimated to war.

When the nazis bombed London it didn't discourage them, it hardened their resolve.  Firebombing the Japanese had a similar effect. Their cities could've been ash and they still would have fought to the last drop of blood. Some still wanted to even after the second atomic bomb dropped.

And no. I haven't been overseas, but your ad hominem attack is just that. Should have expected it in GD I guess. Seems this thread has devolved to it almost exclusively.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apples and oranges.

Having your own government getting innocents in the crossfire is very different than when the same occurs with an expeditionary force. Also important to remember war on homeland soil hasn't happened for 150+ years. The people overseas have been acclimated to war.

When the nazis bombed London it didn't discourage them, it hardened their resolve.  Firebombing the Japanese had a similar effect. Their cities could've been ash and they still would have fought to the last drop of blood. Some still wanted to even after the second atomic bomb dropped.

And no. I haven't been overseas, but your ad hominem attack is just that. Should have expected it in GD I guess. Seems this thread has devolved to it almost exclusively.
Asking if you have experience in a topic you're attempting to make a persuasive argument over isn't an ad hominem attack.  But your red herring is, if you're going to go by highschool debate class rules.

I'm not in high-school, or the debate team, so your attempt at leveraging me with pointing out illogical fallacies doesn't have much impact.

Anyways, back to the topic, apples and oranges are both fruit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://s8.postimg.cc/yq06dtr05/999869876312.png

Either we decouple from a numbers-based conflict, or we get ground down legally.
View Quote
Yeah.  This is a big deal.  The right needs to get better at cranking out kids.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Then teaching them to actually WIN election, not just "lose with integrity" and take over education and the media.

No control of history and media? LOL good luck trying anything without going down as a "crazy nazi gunman".
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

LE is not going to stop those defending them (LE) from ending the side that wants to ban them or reform them or that says they are racist..

when SHTF and it's actually going down, LE will look the other way while the radicals get their asses handed to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i’d agree with that, in smaller cities. not sure big cities like LA, seattle NY etc would side with patriots. in fact my city of tucson has a shit head liberal police chief that is driving the good cops away.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yup.

Then teaching them to actually WIN election, not just "lose with integrity" and take over education and the media.

No control of history and media? LOL good luck trying anything without going down as a "crazy nazi gunman".
View Quote
And that is the point of the sun tzu quote.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
i'd agree with that, in smaller cities. not sure big cities like LA, seattle NY etc would side with patriots. in fact my city of tucson has a shit head liberal police chief that is driving the good cops away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'd agree with that, in smaller cities. not sure big cities like LA, seattle NY etc would side with patriots. in fact my city of tucson has a shit head liberal police chief that is driving the good cops away.
Not to mention that there's not "enough of us" so it makes it pretty tough for "enough of us to show up".

I mean, it sounds tough on the net but doesn't get a lot done.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.

Sun Tzu is the horoscope page of war-fighting.

eta- which is funny, because so many people "look for meaning" in a lot of his quotes... and the shit is SUPER literal. It's a FM... not a philosophy book, but so many people treat it as such.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Tardfactory
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

eta- which is funny, because so many people "look for meaning" in a lot of his quotes... and the shit is SUPER literal. It's a FM... not a philosophy book, but so many people treat it as such.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.

I read it once and forgot all of it immediately
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

I think we are starting to to do that and that is why the left is whigging out so hard. Looking at how they are trying to clamp down on social media and have become increasingly violent and confrontational, I think it is because they are losing. I think most people don't want to be ruled by an angry mob and they know censorship is not pushed by people who are winning the argument. Historically in this country the left has been unchallenged in street protests and the media. That has changed and they don't like it one bit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think we are starting to to do that and that is why the left is whigging out so hard. Looking at how they are trying to clamp down on social media and have become increasingly violent and confrontational, I think it is because they are losing. I think most people don't want to be ruled by an angry mob and they know censorship is not pushed by people who are winning the argument. Historically in this country the left has been unchallenged in street protests and the media. That has changed and they don't like it one bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

For real! The internet has REALLY F'ed up their ooda loop by being nearly impossible to control. Trump plays this game well with social media, giving the left the old razzle dazzle with tweets, and directly influencing opinion, vs what the left wants, to "report" what Trump says in a way they can manipulate. FDR pushed the "new Deal" this way with his fireside chats.

I have a long standing opinion that people just want to eat sleep and fuck, and the more people get in the way of that, the more they will be scorned. That's why we in the right, need to find ways to get the left to start interfering with those three things and really pissing people off. The left blocking roads is a good example of this, in my area outside Seattle, even hard leftists are straight ass TIRED of leftist extremists blocking roads.

I guess that's a thing many miss... that increasing voter apathy of the left is as good as bringing people to the right, and much, MUCH easier.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
North vs. South...Left vs. Right....Civil War II is coming.... There is no way to reason with the left. It has to come down to Right vs. Wrong.
yep, how does the city feed itself without the country? How do city folk confiscate food without guns?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
yep, how does the city feed itself without the country? How do city folk confiscate food without guns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do country folk survive without the subsidies, welfare, fuel, and networking the cities provide?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#29]
The next Civil War is already underway. Well underway. It's being fought by the media and now the tech companies, ie Facebook, Twitter, etc. which a huge segment of the population goes for their info-fix.

They're silencing the pro-constitution voices yet allowing the communist, anti-American lunatics to spew their shit unimpeded. It's nearly impossible to stop their rhetoric, and easy for them to silence our voices.

There's really no need for the street violence being exhibited by the rally folks...the hearts and minds are being won by the big tech companies and their SJW overlords. When one precludes the free exchange of ideas, unless it supports your 'position', you've pretty much got a lock on public opinion.

It astounds me that everyone with enough capital to start a news organ or to promote a social media site...either won't or is complicit in preventing others from doing so.

They've already convinced a huge segment of the population that people standing up for liberty are twisted racist terrorists.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How do country folk survive without the subsidies, welfare, fuel, and networking the cities provide?
View Quote
Wait...fuel comes from the city?  Well, I'll be. I never knew that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to address the point that the country can't survive in sustainable form without the cities?
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Remember, the idea is not to die for your beliefs but to make the other poor bast@$d die for his.
View Quote
Alinsky, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOOOOOK!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would guess people would get more mileage out of reading John Mosby's The Reluctant Partisan, and Forging the Hero.  Read Che's Guerilla Warfare if only to have a reference as to what many of these Marxist cunts would be thinking.

An excerpt from The Reluctant Partisan:

"The reality is, fighting as a guerrilla pretty much sucks dick. You don’t get to go home and sleep in your soft bed, nuzzled up against your hot wife every night. You might not get to go home for any nights at all for many months or even years. You may not ever get to go home, since it may very well end up burned down around your happy ass by rivals who want your farm ground or hunting territory. You won’t have ready access to all that rice and freeze-dried food in your basement storage. You are not going to be able to protect your wife and kids—or even yourself—from every possible threat, regardless of how thorough your preparations are. Sniper fire, even from an untrained hillbilly with a shitty deer rifle can come from nowhere at the least expected time and place. Kidnappings, rapes, and destruction of property are the norms in tribal conflicts. If you somehow think that, because “this is ‘Murica! ” that things will be different here, then you’re a fucking moron.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#34]
It will be bad.  They wont hesitate to burn your house down and murder your entire family if they can get away with it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not to mention that there's not "enough of us" so it makes it pretty tough for "enough of us to show up".

View Quote
I don't know. I'm kinda back and forth in agreement with that.
One hand, you are right there isn't enough of us (what ever you want to call us... say tier 1s, that would go out first)

but i think even in larger areas there are enough "tier 2s and 3s" that have had enough and will join in once the party starts.

Much like the the person that stands up and says what everyone else is thinking then everyone else claps.

The question is, how many are willing to pop the top and start the show.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
One hand, you are right there isn't enough of us (what ever you want to call us... say tier 1s, that would go out first)

but i think even in larger areas there are enough "tier 2s and 3s" that have had enough and will join in once the party starts.

Much like the the person that stands up and says what everyone else is thinking then everyone else claps.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I just meant raw numbers, since we're still a republic, the only parties that matter are the Democratic and Republican parties, the Democratic party outnumbers the Republican party by a good margin.
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top