Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#1]
We’ve been testing F-18s off ski jumps for them.

Link

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
india will be the Italy of ww3. Incompetent and utterly  humiliated lol
View Quote

Russia already clinched that position.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That S.O.B. probably runs on curry.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine the smell.

That S.O.B. probably runs on curry.  

Every deck is a poop deck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.bizzbuzz.news/economy/stage-set-for-reincarnation-of-ins-vikrant-aircraft-carrier-1163049

India's first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant has a displacement of 43,000 tonnes, while China's Fujian has a displacement of more than 80,000 tonnes. The USS Gerald R Ford, the largest warship in the world, has a displacement of 112,000 tonnes

https://thefederal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/ins-vikrant.jpg
View Quote

Good for them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Imagine the smell.
View Quote

Imagine the poop deck
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Imagine the smell.
View Quote

Having just survived a 15 hour flight with countless Indian asses in my face, bumping into me and waking me, and having the longest toilet lines I've EVER seen on an airplane, and being told by a pretty Asian flight attendant not to use a particular toilet with a horrified look on her face...

...I don't have to imagine
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
How far is India able to project their aircraft carrier? Is it blue water capable?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Imagine the smell.
View Quote
I'd rather not.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ski jump, not a real carrier.
View Quote
I reckon it carries just fine. Doesn't yeet well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
How many Pajeets can hang off the side of it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How far is India able to project their aircraft carrier? Is it blue water capable?
View Quote

Everywhere it goes turns to brown water.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Could not agree more.

India has made it known to us that they don't appreciate being treated like fly-over country.

Joke about call centers and river shitting all you want, but they would be a hell of an ally if things got "real".
View Quote

We've fucked over India for decades. They don't trust us, they generally do whatever is best for themselves.

There's a reason they still purchase Russian oil and Russian weapons, it's because when the chips were really down (and they needed us) we decided to cozy up with Pakistan for some retarded reason
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ooof, but LMAO I could see it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Imagine the smell.
View Quote

Uhh, why did you have to put that in my brain!
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Serious question. Besides the different looks, what’s the difference between ours and ski jumps? What’s the reason other countries use them instead of our style?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Serious question. Besides the different looks, what’s the difference between ours and ski jumps? What’s the reason other countries use them instead of our style?
View Quote

A ski jump has no moving parts, so it's simpler, cheaper and easier to both build and maintain.

The drawback is that it doesn't allow for the same large loadouts as a cat carrier, just like a VTOL fighter/attack bird can't carry as much as one that uses a cat or nice, long runway.

If the planes are too heavy, and there's no cat, they can't get up sufficient speed in such a short launch to stay in the air, so they have to launch lighter than their full potential payload, and that weight has to come out of the ordnance or fuel they can carry. You can launch fully loaded birds with nothing in the gas tank, if you can refuel them immediately once they're in the air, or you can launch fully fueled birds with barely anything on the hardpoints. A ski jump carrier can't do both.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#17]
So this Indian ship has made it further than GB's warship?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Every one making jokes about the poop decks. Relax its really hot and sunny out so it will dry out fast and not gonna smell bad.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Having just survived a 15 hour flight with countless Indian asses in my face, bumping into me and waking me, and having the longest toilet lines I've EVER seen on an airplane, and being told by a pretty Asian flight attendant not to use a particular toilet with a horrified look on her face...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine the smell.

No surprise there, in some of these third world countries, they don’t have toilets, so they don’t know how to use them. That leads to messes on the toilet, not inside it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of all the Asian navies they have a blue water one and have the ability to project power beyond their shores.  I really wouldn’t look down on them to much since they have a long history as a sea faring power that had a shit load of British influence in how they operate.  This kind of comment is akin to how some in America look at the French military, like the Indian navy the French military is probably the best equipt and powerful maybe outside of the poles right now in Europe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A ski jump has no moving parts, so it's simpler, cheaper and easier to both build and maintain.

The drawback is that it doesn't allow for the same large loadouts as a cat carrier, just like a VTOL fighter/attack bird can't carry as much as one that uses a cat or nice, long runway.

If the planes are too heavy, and there's no cat, they can't get up sufficient speed in such a short launch to stay in the air, so they have to launch lighter than their full potential payload, and that weight has to come out of the ordnance or fuel they can carry. You can launch fully loaded birds with nothing in the gas tank, if you can refuel them immediately once they're in the air, or you can launch fully fueled birds with barely anything on the hardpoints. A ski jump carrier can't do both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the explanation, it led me to even further reading. Didn’t realize they didn’t use a cat to launch.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We've fucked over India for decades. They don't trust us, they generally do whatever is best for themselves.

There's a reason they still purchase Russian oil and Russian weapons, it's because when the chips were really down (and they needed us) we decided to cozy up with Pakistan for some retarded reason
View Quote

Yeah every country looks out for their own best interest.   Most of the time that doesn't dovetail with US interests and vice versa.  Of course, under obama we threw the british and israelis under the bus in favor of iran and pakistan mainly because someone in the DNC is getting paid.   I wouldn't trust the US either.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Good!

The Indians freaking can't stand the Chinese right now after that brush they had a few years back.  We need our allies in Asia to step up and should be encouraging all of them to do so.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Look at the trajectories India and the USA are on.  Which country is actually trying to improve?  Which country is imploding from the inside?
View Quote

India is still operating rail systems installed by the British.   Building a shitty carrier doesnt is mean they've made it.  The country has huge problems.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#26]
SIR YOUR POOP JOKES DO NOT CURRY FAVOR WITH ME
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

They'll either be providing logistical support for the big boys when they slug it out, or they'll sit it out altogether.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#28]
And they're basically drifting it in the OP pic. Where's my Bender saying "neat" jpeg?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Who knew India had such a big gay scene?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

India had one modernish fleet carrier from the Brits but couldn't or wouldn't keep it running; and elected not to try to build their own. Good achievement with a native Kuznetsov clone, though - it probably runs better than the actual Kutznetsov.

F18s need cats for useful loadouts. It'll be STOVL or STOBAR models of something.

If the Indians can stick some arrestor wires on the INS Vikrant, they might be able to run either lightly loaded F18s, or useful payloads with immediate naval aerial refueling, if they have that capability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC, they are planning on going the CATOBAR route with future designs.  They operated CATOBAR carriers for decades.

India had one modernish fleet carrier from the Brits but couldn't or wouldn't keep it running; and elected not to try to build their own. Good achievement with a native Kuznetsov clone, though - it probably runs better than the actual Kutznetsov.

Quoted:
Will they operate F18's off that boat or some version of Russian junk?

F18s need cats for useful loadouts. It'll be STOVL or STOBAR models of something.

If the Indians can stick some arrestor wires on the INS Vikrant, they might be able to run either lightly loaded F18s, or useful payloads with immediate naval aerial refueling, if they have that capability.

Here is what the Indians fly.  Not exactly our friends

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Of all the Asian navies they have a blue water one and have the ability to project power beyond their shores.  I really wouldn’t look down on them to much since they have a long history as a sea faring power that had a shit load of British influence in how they operate.  This kind of comment is akin to how some in America look at the French military, like the Indian navy the French military is probably the best equipt and powerful maybe outside of the poles right now in Europe.
View Quote

The French domestic is generally fine but India has had numerous domestic production scandals.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Global superpowers use CATOBAR supercarriers. They burn big coal, too.
It's kinda cute when the JV teams still put on a good show, though.
View Quote

No one calls carriers CATOBAR.
No one in the Navy even uses that moronic name.

Link Posted: 9/2/2022 12:27:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Will they operate F18's off that boat or some version of Russian junk?
View Quote

If they buy F-18's then they will operate them from that carrier.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

They can't even produce a decent indigenous assault rifle.

Link Posted: 9/2/2022 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fail.
https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/boeing-hard-sells-f-a-18-super-hornet-to-indian-navy-for-ins-vikrant-122082401031_1.html
The Indian Navy is looking at the F/A-18 Super Hornet and Rafale M.

Boeing / The Navy sent a couple of F-18's to India for them to check out.

Two U.S. Navy F/A-18E Super Hornets completed multiple takeoffs from the runway at Hansa Naval Base (in the state of Goa, India) that is equipped with a Ski-Jump type inclined ramp, which emulates the flight deck of the Indian aircraft carrier INS Vikrant.
Testing included roll-in and fly-in arrestments, as well as performance flights, in a variety of weights in the air-to-air, air-to-ground, and air-to-surface configurations, meeting the Indian Navy test requirements.

Link Posted: 9/2/2022 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Does it house it's own offshore scammer call center ?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Russia already clinched that position.
View Quote

They were incompetent and humiliated last time, and still won.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 1:36:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Super Hornet launching from a ski jump carrier is either low on fuel or low on ordnance, compared to off a cat carrier. I don't even know if the super bug can launch from a ski jump with a full combat load, regardless of the gas onboard.

Does India have sufficient aerial refueling capability to launch fully-armed (as fully as they can launch?) super bugs and top them up before they make their way to the op area?

Can the Vikrant arrest and recover fully-armed CAP super bugs if they don't expend any ordnance during their mission?

If the super bug can actually operate fully off a ski jump carrier, why are we (USA) even bothering with EMALS?
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 2:59:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Super Hornet launching from a ski jump carrier is either low on fuel or low on ordnance, compared to off a cat carrier. I don't even know if the super bug can launch from a ski jump with a full combat load, regardless of the gas onboard.

Does India have sufficient aerial refueling capability to launch fully-armed (as fully as they can launch?) super bugs and top them up before they make their way to the op area?

Can the Vikrant arrest and recover fully-armed CAP super bugs if they don't expend any ordnance during their mission?

If the super bug can actually operate fully off a ski jump carrier, why are we (USA) even bothering with EMALS?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is a temporary solution. The MIG-29Ks they have are proving to be unreliable, at least according to India. They built another knock off of their Russian carrier and the F/A-18 or Rafale will fill an as an intern solution for the time being. The future is a carrier with a catapult and an Indian stealth fighter. I assume there will be some big delays but they want this stuff ready buy 2028. Will probably be the mid 30s though.

How good will their own stuff be? Probably better than Russian. India has essentially banned importing of most military equipment. They're buying small amounts of foreign designs for the time being but they are working towards in country designs for everything going forward.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 3:15:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We’ve been testing F-18s off ski jumps for them.

Link

View Quote

Cool video at link.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 3:45:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Will there be so many people loaded on the flight deck that a plane wont be able to take off or land?
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 4:06:20 AM EDT
[#42]
So I can assume it's hull number will be CV-711? It will be able to handle refueling and re armament as well as a large slurpie with a roller jerkie to go. Thank you, come again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 4:18:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Hope it works better than Britain's new carrier.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 6:26:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Why do you think India is an ally?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for them.  More allies with more capabilities surrounding China can't be a bad thing.

When did they become our friend?
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

They will get there. Britain has one of those portable ski jumps too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Interesting is the wake behind the ship. That appears to be a really tight turn for a carrier.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for them.  More allies with more capabilities surrounding China can't be a bad thing.

They've been an ally.  We've been trading and negotiating with enemies (Pakistan, Iran, etc) so they do the same.

We've made some extremely stupid geopolitical decisions, that maybe if we were privy to specifics, we'd understand. As it is, we look two-faced.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, and they have actually fought the Chinese in recent years.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Interesting is the wake behind the ship. That appears to be a really tight turn for a carrier.
View Quote

Tiny ship.  Probably set like that from the factory.  They are on the phone with customer support right now trying to straighten it out.  They probably left a styrofoam cube on the rudder when they took the ship out of the box.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yep, and they have actually fought the Chinese in recent years.
View Quote

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/09/01/russia-stages-scaled-down-war-games-with-china-india-a78694
Russia launched large-scale joint military exercises with China, India and several other countries in the Far East on Thursday, although they involved far fewer troops and hardware than in previous years amid Moscow’s six-month invasion of Ukraine.

A total of 50,000 troops will take Vostok-2022 (East-2022) war games — compared to 300,000 who participated in the same drills four years ago.

Vostok-2022 will also involve 140 warplanes and 5,000 pieces of military equipment, a fraction of the 1,000 military aircraft and 36,000 equipment seen in 2018.

“This is going to be the smallest strategic-level exercise in years because the entire ground forces potential is engaged in operations in Ukraine,” Konrad Muzyka, director of the Poland-based Rochan military consultancy, told Reuters.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top