Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
You are correct, in my hurry I posted a bad pic, my apologies, but it still doesn't mean that the result wouldn't be bad on a global scale.

The worse part is that is what you are hung up on, not the massive casualties and nasty that will ensue.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:10:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The only really confirmed death toll they could ever come up with from Chernobyl was about 67 fatalities, and that includes the people who were at the site when it melted, the soldiers who shoveled away material from accident, and the helicopter pilots who hovered over the melted reactor.

And, as everyone else has been pointing out, there were LOTS of nuclear tests back in the day.
View Quote
So, NOW you believe Russian propaganda?

Funny world how when it suits you, it's correct.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Really?

Then explain the increased radiation signatures from a semi contained even like Chernobyl.

Instead, lets say a limited exchange ground/air burst event numbered at about 20 medium yield devices.

Prevailing wind currents, dust and particulate spread, and continuing fires.
View Quote
Who told you a burning exposed 1000 megawatt reactor was semi contained?

Far more fissile material is loaded into a power generation reactor than in a weapon.  The daughter nucleotides in a reactor that has been running for a long time are probably far more dangerous than fallout.

Air burst weapons produce less fallout.  Chernobyl happened once, the national test site saw dozens  of above ground tests....in the continental US....upwind of most of the population. I'm not saying its harmless but it's not armageddon.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#4]
The "propaganda" from that area (near Chernobyl) blames every health problem imaginable on radiation, in attempts to get foreign aid.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You are correct, in my hurry I posted a bad pic, my apologies, but it still doesn't mean that the result wouldn't be bad on a global scale.

The worse part is that is what you are hung up on, not the massive casualties and nasty that will ensue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nobody has any illusions about casualties or how bad it would be, welcome to 2019, people are used to seeing war in HD on their IPhone... people posting memes on an Internet forum rooting for war is the Internet equivalent of “the sky is blue”

Worry less about stupid shit other people is all I can tell you, or stay out of GD all togehter, it’s really simple.

I’m just gonna sit here and watch history on my iPhone
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#6]
“Listen, I know you and your families really want to go on living, but I’m afraid that some guys on the internet in America have decided this continent needs a reset. We regret to inform you you’re all getting nuked. Please feel free to “like” our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.”
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:16:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And yet the ash from one volcano in Greenland shut down air traffic in almost all of Europe.

Imagine the dust and ash cloud from a limited strike by both sides.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize more than 500 have been detonated in open air right? More than 1000 counting underground tests?

And more than a few of those were ten times the yield of those in the paki and idian arsenals.
And yet the ash from one volcano in Greenland shut down air traffic in almost all of Europe.

Look up the dust thrown up by even a small volcanic eruption compared to a nuke. Volcanoes laugh at particulate clouds from nukes. It's not even close.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:20:08 AM EDT
[#8]
For fuck's sake.
Can we start a new thread for this discussion?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Look up the dust thrown up by even a small volcanic eruption compared to a nuke. Volcanoes laugh at particulate clouds from nukes. It's not even close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do realize more than 500 have been detonated in open air right? More than 1000 counting underground tests?

And more than a few of those were ten times the yield of those in the paki and idian arsenals.

The only reason people would talk about particulate from a nuke is because it's likely radioactive.  California wildfires produce far more particulate every year than a bunch of nukes would.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For fuck's sake.
View Quote
Agreed. Let's get back to talking about India whooping the shit out of Pakistan, how the Mig-21 is still relevant in today's airspace, and what China will do in the aftermath.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For fuck's sake.
View Quote
Just did...

Argue here
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just did...

Argue here
View Quote
Thank you,

Both interesting topics..  separately.

Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:39:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just did...

Argue here
View Quote
Thank you.

Now back to who is shooting now......
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Really?

Then explain the increased radiation signatures from a semi contained even like Chernobyl.

Instead, lets say a limited exchange ground/air burst event numbered at about 20 medium yield devices.

Prevailing wind currents, dust and particulate spread, and continuing fires.
View Quote
I love when people think they know how radiation works.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Or all the actors including John Wayne dying from lung cancer while filming a movie?

Here's the projections had Fukushima gone full bore melt down...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/19372/fu_jpg-860517.JPG

And what I was saying was more about the death toll rather than making people uncomfortable about having to leave their recliner here in the USA.

So, you folks are saying you're good with Millions dead as long as it's nothing more than a televised event for your entertainment?
View Quote
And this proves you don’t know shit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:45:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Didnt I read in this thread that they are updated mig 21s with modern avionics, and helmet mounted queuing for the missiles?  21s cant turn with a viper but with off boresite heaters they don't always need to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 vs 1 with the massive quality of pilot training going to India. I see it. Technology can only get you so far.
Didnt I read in this thread that they are updated mig 21s with modern avionics, and helmet mounted queuing for the missiles?  21s cant turn with a viper but with off boresite heaters they don't always need to.
Those upgrades keep them from being mere targets.
To put this into perspective, in the Vietnam war, MiG-21 were creaming bomb laden B-52’s and F-105 thuds.
F-4 Phantom’s on the other hand were murdering them after the addition of an onboard cannon. This is with the MiG-21 flying over friendly terrain, with ground control, and SAMs and AAA to pen the Phantoms in.

When the MiG-21 came out, they were very good planes. Their time in the sun ended a long time ago. It’s intake design is a evolutionary dead end, greatly hindering availible radars. It bleeds energy like an arterial bleed turning. Avionics upgrades can’t fix that.
You can only upgrade a gen 2 jet so much.
When you see reports of how surprised western pilots are, that is incomplete.

A better way to put it is that Western pilots are surprised that a late 1950’s design have a snowballs chance in hell.

There is a reason India is phasing them out, and they are considered their 3rd string fighters.

With only 18? F-16 C/D models, the F-16A is effectively Pakistan’s front line fighter.

It is very bad for them that India’s 3rd string are going tit for tat with their first string.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:58:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just did...

Argue here
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Correct.

Lets do this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, you folks are saying you're good with Millions dead as long as it's nothing more than a televised event for your entertainment?
Correct.

Lets do this.
So, basically, the Ultimate LiveLeak video.

Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It’s not like India has a track record of listening to us anyway. Sometimes but not always, so no guarantees even if we wanted them to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's sit this one out...

War is better as a spectator.
It’s not like India has a track record of listening to us anyway. Sometimes but not always, so no guarantees even if we wanted them to
@camelbyrhesea

Are we talking about foreign relations or call centers, as your statement seems equally applicable to both.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:05:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I really can't see why so many are stroking their puds over this.

Mass casualties in the Millions in the first hours, at least triple that in the weeks and months to follow, radiation spreading through the whole Northern hemisphere, and the balance of powers in the whole region left up for grabs probably going to the goat fuckers in mud huts.

All so some of you can get your rocks off on a bright flash and YouTube videos.

Be careful of what you wish for!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@camelbyrhesea

Are we talking about foreign relations or call centers, as your statement seems equally applicable to both.
View Quote
Both but there’s been a few times where we really needed India in the past and they left us hanging. I’m less enamored of Indian IT than others in GD but I’m also not very fond of Silicon Valley either so....
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:11:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks for proving me wrong (not).

Lots of name calling, nothing of substance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, you're a boomer.

No further comment.

The combined nuclear arsenals of India and Pakistan are less than the nuclear payload our own country has detonated above ground within the continental United States.

Ponder that for a bit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:15:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@camelbyrhesea

View Quote
Attractive Indian women on the other hand
James Bond. Zoom On Her Boobs
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:47:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Has India done the needful yet?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Or all the actors including John Wayne dying from lung cancer while filming a movie?

Here's the projections had Fukushima gone full bore melt down...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/19372/fu_jpg-860517.JPG

And what I was saying was more about the death toll rather than making people uncomfortable about having to leave their recliner here in the USA.

View Quote
Lol you people are still falling for that bull shit map? It takes 2 minutes of research to figure out that it is a fake. Why the fuck would radiation be measured in centimeters?
https://nctr.pmel.noaa.gov/honshu20110311/Energy_plot20110311_ok.jpg
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:02:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lol you people are still falling for that bull shit map? It takes 2 minutes of research to figure out that it is a fake. Why the fuck would radiation be measured in centimeters?
https://nctr.pmel.noaa.gov/honshu20110311/Energy_plot20110311_ok.jpg
View Quote
Like I said, I apologized, plus there is a link to a different thread for arguing, let's keep this thread clean as the neutron driven flash.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:05:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pakistan has closed their airspace to commercial flights.  The charter flight from Bagram to Kandahar then Dubai got grounded in Kandahar yesterday and is rumored to be returning to Bagram with all PAX this morning.

Routing a flight plan through Iran is iffy at best because last time that was tried the flight was forced to land and held for 13 hours on the tarmac in Iran.

I'm scheduled to fly from Bagram to Dubai this Sunday but it's looking pretty doubtful that will happen.  Hoping the idiots in charge over here make the right call.  Which would be to say fuck it and fly us to Istanbul and let us catch commercial commercial flights to CONUS from there.

However management here lacks the ability for critical thinking.
View Quote
Shit, sounds like you work for the same company I do. I’m based out of Kandahar but currently on TDY in Kuwait, likely to miss the shit show unless it pops off into the next couple of months when I’m scheduled to return.

Good luck getting out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:12:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Current air traffic from flight radar, does not include military traffic...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:15:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:20:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Can someone explain why the hell india sent MIG 21's on this high stakes mission?  They have full inventories of SU30's, MIG 29's, & Mirage 2000's.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can someone explain why the hell india sent MIG 21's on this high stakes mission?  They have full inventories of SU30's, MIG 29's, & Mirage 2000's.
View Quote
Cheap planes and expendable people?

Good test against another countries air defense network.

Save the good stuff for later (plus confusing defending air assets).

Old Combloc ploy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who wouldn't trade a MIG 21 for one F-16?

Why send top shelf when well drinks splash your nemesis?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 2:51:39 AM EDT
[#36]
France is sending their carrier to the Indian Ocean but I think that’s part of a already scheduled South China Sea mission
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The combined nuclear arsenals of India and Pakistan are less than the nuclear payload our own country has detonated above ground within the continental United States.

Ponder that for a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, you're a boomer.

No further comment.

Ponder that for a bit.
Just one nuke pop up in the region is enough for mass panic and close to billion number of refugees. It will be worst than gamma rays .I have no idea how you don't realise that .
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just one nuke pop up in the region is enough for mass panic and close to billion number of refugees. It will be worst than gamma rays .I have no idea how you don't realise that .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, you're a boomer.

No further comment.

Ponder that for a bit.
And?

Do a little math and figure out who is going to get swamped with those starving refugees. It isn't going to be the country with two oceans in between here and there...

I see sending hoardes of starving refugees into China and Iran as a solution, not a problem...
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#40]
ETA....late to that party. Deleted.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
So no one is gonna sprout mushrooms over here. Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Huh...India must have been doing something that convinced the ISI that they weren't kidding.  The Pakis blinked hard.

Wonder if India just says fuck it...we moved everything around already..let's do this this.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
So volcanos = atomic weapons now?

Who knew?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Both sides have been pressured to tone it down. It's likely over.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
The closest air Base hosts MiG-21s,this is the easy answer. Said MiG-21s have been upgraded about as much as they can be so they are at least on par and mostly superior to the bulk of the Paki AF which is still old Mirage IIIs and Vs and Chinese MiG-21s.

India has been trying to replace the MiGs for a while but they're India and decided to piss time and money away on the Tejas and blow the opportunity to produce both the Mirage 2000 and Rafale because they wanted France to take responsibility for aircraft they had completed,hopefully the US isn't this stupid when it comes to F-16 production or F-21 if they stick with calling it that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Sorry everyone, thanks for playing. Pack it up and go home.

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
For fuck's sake.
View Quote
Yeah enough nukes and arguing about them. I am here for news about the situation.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah enough nukes and arguing about them. I am here for news about the situation.
View Quote
Calm down. This is GD...shit wanders around a bit.

Update:  India was about slap the paks across the face with a curry covered dick...the paks said "oh shit... they really might do it this time" and are now doing everything they can to prevent said curry dicking...

There...you're up to speed..happy?
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's Happ.....Its not happening.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top