Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got in from the store today and didn't buy shit yet the bill was $220.  Only meat was a couple of bags of Tyson breaded chicken strips and spicy patties.  One big jump I noticed since I rarely pay attention to prices was that our dog food went from $14 to $19 a bag.  Also the frozen pizza my wife eats has gone from below $5 to now $7.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I manage pricing for a large building materials retailer, among other responsibilities.

This week pricing for flooring is going up 3-15%.

Proctor and Gamble is about to do a big price hike…..again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
what am I seeing? big government fucktardery in the name of 'elected' criminals making money off being in government causing unneeded pain for people is what I am seeing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Be sure to thank every Dem voter you see, along with every person who thought sending stimulus money and extra unemployment money was a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I cut meat in the meat department at a supermarket. I'm also the guy that comes in and resets prices for the new ads every Wednesday along with that I change base prices on things if they occur. I've seen ribsteak go from $12.99 per lb (family pack) to 13.99, 14.99 and now 16.99 that's just this year. Everything is incredibly more expensive and this shit is only going to get worse.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just everything is expensive. I bought a pack of Chinese masks this morning. $25 for six for some pieces of fabric.

Chicken and beef are expensive as fuck.

I walked through Home Depot the other day and almost everything I randomly looked at I thought to myself “huh, that seems unusually higher than I last remembered it.”

How does this shit all play out. We’re all still making the same amount of money of course…
View Quote

Slowly, then all at once.

If you lived through it before, you know.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
$8.50 for a meatball sandwich instead of $6.50.  
View Quote

2 for $3 tacos to 2 for $4….
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
10% minimum on everything. Much of it considerably more. Just the past 6 months.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Same list at same Sam's club has gone up 30% in 8 months.

Just got a 25% raise that starts next week.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Groceries seem to be the largest postings and as I still have 5 adults (Myself, wife and 3 sons, 2 college and 1 journeyman)) I know how that feels. There are a few things you can do help with that a bit with a little effort. Join the stores clubs which are free, search through the flyers you receive in the mail and get a deep freezer. Even a smaller freezer will pay for itself quickly. I do gardening in season but that'd be stretching things beyond the scope of the thread.

I'm in a unique position as I have a few supermarket chains around me along with Super Walmarts and BJ's. Besides that, all of them except BJ's have other stores within 10 minutes of me in either direction. I belong to all of their shopping clubs so I get the discount on sale items at check-out. I comb the flyers that get delivered on Thursdays and use a number of the digital coupons. I see what's on sale in each and see what I can get to assemble the weekly dinners and head out. I do well in that for every $100.00 I spend, I save at least $100.00. I also know which ones have the best prices for products like one is better for paper goods and another for dairy, another for produce, etc. Sometimes when they have a really good sale like this week one has chicken on sale, 87¢/lb for legs, thighs and quarters, I'll go to both each day and buy 2 packs (limit of 2 per sale) re-bag them for freezing and load up the deep freezer. I did the same on roast beef the week before and boneless, skinless breast the week before that. I do the same with Hollidays like turkeys at thanksgiving time, hams at easter, etc. It really adds up over the year and saves you thousands besides getting reward points for gas and such.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Five Guys burgers have gone up over $1 since the beginning of COVID.  Not sure of the exact change, but I noticed it when our four person family bill was over $45.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Angus Brisket was approx $2.50 LB in 2020. By summer 2021 it was around $5.25. It has now moved back to around $3.95.

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Sharpening stone went from $20 to fuckin $27.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]
12% increase to all my customers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Chicken feed, I paid $16.50/bag yesterday. It was around $12 last year (heck maybe even this last spring).

My wife does a little candle-making side biz and the wax she buys has went from about $50 to $85 per box.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WolfeboroCandleCo

I’ll leave that there for anyone looking for a gift idea… ??
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Mobil 1 5-qt jug at Walmart went from $22.XX to $27.XX about two weeks ago
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Proctor and Gamble is about to do a big price hike…..again.
View Quote

That was in the news locally as there's a plant a few miles from me.

If you have kids in diapers, stock up ASAP.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Cheesy Gordita crunch costs $4 now
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Groceries seem to be the largest postings and as I still have 5 adults (Myself, wife and 3 sons, 2 college and 1 journeyman)) I know how that feels. There are a few things you can do help with that a bit with a little effort. Join the stores clubs which are free, search through the flyers you receive in the mail and get a deep freezer. Even a smaller freezer will pay for itself quickly. I do gardening in season but that'd be stretching things beyond the scope of the thread.

I'm in a unique position as I have a few supermarket chains around me along with Super Walmarts and BJ's. Besides that, all of them except BJ's have other stores within 10 minutes of me in either direction. I belong to all of their shopping clubs so I get the discount on sale items at check-out. I comb the flyers that get delivered on Thursdays and use a number of the digital coupons. I see what's on sale in each and see what I can get to assemble the weekly dinners and head out. I do well in that for every $100.00 I spend, I save at least $100.00. I also know which ones have the best prices for products like one is better for paper goods and another for dairy, another for produce, etc. Sometimes when they have a really good sale like this week one has chicken on sale, 87¢/lb for legs, thighs and quarters, I'll go to both each day and buy 2 packs (limit of 2 per sale) re-bag them for freezing and load up the deep freezer. I did the same on roast beef the week before and boneless, skinless breast the week before that. I do the same with Hollidays like turkeys at thanksgiving time, hams at easter, etc. It really adds up over the year and saves you thousands besides getting reward points for gas and such.
View Quote

I had an Aunt and Uncle years ago who did that every week. Would talk about the deals they got at the different stores. We would laugh about them - old penny pinchers wasting all that time and gas.

Who knew.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Let’s go Brandon
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#22]
A loaf of Nature’s Own Whole Wheat bread was 2.89 three months ago. 3.59 Sunday at a local Publix (same store). My math shows that as a 24% increase... ??
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#23]
A couple months ago I was paying 32 bucks a pound for uranium. Now it’s 47 and change a pound.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm in a unique position as I have a few supermarket chains around me along with Super Walmarts and BJ's. Besides that, all of them except BJ's have other stores within 10 minutes of me in either direction. I belong to all of their shopping clubs so I get the discount on sale items at check-out. I comb the flyers that get delivered on Thursdays and use a number of the digital coupons. I see what's on sale in each and see what I can get to assemble the weekly dinners and head out. I do well in that for every $100.00 I spend, I save at least $100.00. I also know which ones have the best prices for products like one is better for paper goods and another for dairy, another for produce, etc. Sometimes when they have a really good sale like this week one has chicken on sale, 87/lb for legs, thighs and quarters, I'll go to both each day and buy 2 packs (limit of 2 per sale) re-bag them for freezing and load up the deep freezer. I did the same on roast beef the week before and boneless, skinless breast the week before that. I do the same with Hollidays like turkeys at thanksgiving time, hams at easter, etc. It really adds up over the year and saves you thousands besides getting reward points for gas and such.
View Quote
Great post and information. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#25]
My grocery bills have jumped up a good 15-20% over the last year.  That, and fuel prices.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I just paid $12 for a water and a small veggie plate. Airport didn’t even have the prices on the goods lol.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I own a business.

I am seeing all kinds of increases.  And, they are coming almost monthly anymore.

One of my best selling products just went up $.30 a foot...  which is nuts...
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cheesy Gordita crunch costs $4 now
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I own a business.

I am seeing all kinds of increases.  And, they are coming almost monthly anymore.

One of my best selling products just went up $.30 a foot...  which is nuts...
View Quote

Sheetmetal has doubled since June
Copper, PVC, No Hub Cast have all doubled since the begining of the year and vendors will on hold pricing for 2 days. Increases almost 2-3 times a month.
Small odds and ends (construction)are up at least 20%
Subway Turkey sandwich w/ chips and fountain drink $13, Chicken bacon ranch $16
Gas is up to $3.60/gal

Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Not to mention shrinkflation.

Gold peak Tea went from 64 oz to 59 oz and then added 10% on the price.  That was about a 20% increase overall.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#31]
My steel prices doubled after the Trump tariffs.

They have now tripled/quadrupled.

I'm a tiny business with low volume.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I paid 12,500 beginning of 2020 for a JD 1023e with loader, same setup appears to be 16,000 now.  22ish% increase in 18 months....
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Gas at 3.27gal here this morning.. but the my energy/oil stocks are doing great
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Fing Biden did this signs on gas pumps.
F that guy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Dog food sticker shock today.

The kibbles brand I have bought for years was $6.00 for six pounds. Today, the same brand was $9.00 for four pounds.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#36]
I work for the evil big red soda company. We usually have a price increase every January. We've already had 3 this year, last one was largest ever, and are preparing customers for about the same big increase this January.

Our 20oz retails started at 1.59 - 1.79 January 2021. We're currently sitting at 1.99 - 2.09 and will be around 2.19 - 2.29 by January 2022
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Prices are only up 50%.  

Since 2001.     Anyone who thinks otherwise is a doomer.

BELIEVE! The government numbers.  For your own good.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#38]
We do a yearly Sams run to stock up on cleaning supplies, bulk meats, etc. Every year before it typically ran ~$6-700, this past year it ran over $900. Now we got a tad bit more than we usually did, but it should have only been maybe $750ish.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I own an auto shop.  I just got a delivery of full synthetic Dexos approved oil.  The price went up 15% since the last delivery 6 months ago.  Conventional oil was about the same increase.  Oil filters have gone up 12% and some numbers are getting hard to acquire. When they are available there are far less choices of the different brands. I no longer use single-pricing for oil changes. Everything is itemized on the bill and it is what it is now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Take a look at the Costco mail flyer you recently received.  They no longer advertise the price of any of their food items.  The listing only provides how many "Dollars off" a product is and not the price.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
what am I seeing? big government fucktardery in the name of 'elected' criminals making money off being in government causing unneeded pain for people is what I am seeing.
View Quote

The Great Res….er Squeeze…

It should be followed by The Great Lamp Post Decorating Party…
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I own an auto shop.  I just got a delivery of full synthetic Dexos approved oil.  The price went up 15% since the last delivery 6 months ago.  Conventional oil was about the increase.  Oil filters have gone up 12% and some numbers are getting hard to acquire. When they are available there are far less choices of the different brands. I no longer use single-pricing for oil changes. Everything is itemized on the bill and it is what it is now.
View Quote

I got an e-mail in both June and July from our largest regional industrial oil seller that prices were going up from between 5-18%.  All pushed from the manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#44]
In our business which uses a lot of cold rolled steel we have seen 30% so far this year.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I had an Aunt and Uncle years ago who did that every week. Would talk about the deals they got at the different stores. We would laugh about them - old penny pinchers wasting all that time and gas.

Who knew.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who knew.

My parents did this when I was younger and I do it now. It helps keep costs down.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I need to replace my roof in the next year or two max. I want to do metal but with all the cost increases people are mentioning here I'm going to have to really have my finger on the market to make sure I get the best deal. I suppose I can address any small issues with Flexseal in the meantime

I suppose if things like lumber are relatively cheaper I could finish the addition that was started or build the loafing sheds I want first, in order to allow time for metal prices to soften.

I also need a small tractor, 4x4 atv and SxS. I'm not looking forward to shopping for any of these in the near future
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I honestly haven't bought anything of real consequence in the last couple of years, and my grocery spending is a pretty small part of my income. I also work from home, so I don't really notice gas prices. It would have to cross something insane like $10/gal before I took pause. And if that ever happened, it would be the larger (wrecked) economy that I noticed more than the sticker shock at the pump.

So to be honest with you, I haven't actually noticed or been materially affected by inflation. Personally. That's not to say it isn't happening of course, it's just that I don't have any anecdotes that confirm it.

This is probably why economists try and measure it the way they do, instead of just asking me.

I actually track my spending pretty closely, and if anything...it's down from what it was a year ago.
View Quote

This is exactly why inflation is so pernicious.  It doesn’t much effect those already established on the higher end of the socioeconomic scale.    With a paid for house and cars, (or fixed rate loans), inflation could go up 300% this year and it wouldn’t make a measurable difference to our life.   All we see is the value of our assets going up, up up.    

Meanwhile, people just starting out, or at the lower income levels, Will feel the impact immediately.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Car prices are up just comparing MSRP to MSRP, gas is up and 1600$ rent is now enough for fucking hood rats
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top