User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/11/2023 2:25:14 AM EDT
Inside a McDonald's restaurant in 1984
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember having birthday parties at McDonalds in the early to mid 80s.  Ah, the 80s!
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:30:27 AM EDT
[#2]
And yet everyone was so thin. WTF is going on between then and now to make a large part of the population so fat?
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:31:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And yet everyone was so thin. WTF is going on between then and now to make a large part of the population so fat?
View Quote

Super-size was introduced in 1987.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:32:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Corn syrup is my uneducated guess.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
People are smiling, dressed nice, everyone is calm, no cussing, people are dining inside.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:36:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely brings back memories!

I haven't had Micky D's in years .. the damn food got to be horrible.  But for some reason, I'd kill for a Big Mac right now!
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:36:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Fat people were the anomaly back then.  No more.  And people gave a shit how they looked.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:41:24 AM EDT
[#8]
That documented the last time Mickey D’s had a working ice cream machine.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:41:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

No more cigarettes.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:43:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
People are smiling, dressed nice, everyone is calm, no cussing, people are dining inside.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:47:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remote controls weren't as common nor was cable TV and let's not forget PCs and video game consoles were pretty new too.  No one has to move to do anything now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:47:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks like people behind the counter actually have pride in their work.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:48:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don’t forget HFCS.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:49:19 AM EDT
[#14]
The anti-WorldStar video.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:51:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Some of the prices back then were .  Of course the food is lower quality now with more fillers, probably one of the reasons so many people are obese.  The 20 piece chicken mccnugget was over $4 in 1984.  Now almost 40 years later it is only $5.  The Apple Pie was $2 in the video and it can still be bought for the same price at times now.  I would take their real chicken nuggets from 40 years ago vs the thin filler based item now call a nugget.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I remember having birthday parties at McDonalds in the early to mid 80s.  Ah, the 80s!
View Quote

Me too!  I remember thinking the Hamburgler was so cool.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:58:51 AM EDT
[#17]
It is so much more civilized. Why?
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 2:59:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also Mc Donald's in 1984

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:00:10 AM EDT
[#19]
When I was a kid in the 80s, I took a tour of a McDonald’s restaurant.

I asked the guy working there how come the hamburgers were so good.

He told me it was because of the order that they put the stuff on the burger.

I believed that for many many years lol.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:01:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m beginning to believe this
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:04:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I still love me a Big Mac.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:06:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

High Fructose Corn Syrup, for one.  They put that stuff in almost everything.  Plus a general shift to high-carbohydrate foodstuffs.

Lots of seed oils in the food chain now, too.  Some of them are estrogenic, which has various side effects for men.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:07:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Some of the prices back then were .  Of course the food is lower quality now with more fillers, probably one of the reasons so many people are obese.  The 20 piece chicken mccnugget was over $4 in 1984.  Now almost 40 years later it is only $5.  The Apple Pie was $2 in the video and it can still be bought for the same price at times now.  I would take their real chicken nuggets from 40 years ago vs the thin filler based item now call a nugget.
View Quote

I checked the local menu in my city and a 10 piece McNuggets is $6.23. BigMac combo is $11.96.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:08:32 AM EDT
[#24]
The Styrofoam brings back memories.

Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#25]
MCDONALD'S - "You Deserve a Break Today" 1970s Commercials
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:12:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I checked the local menu in my city and a 10 piece McNuggets is $6.23. BigMac combo is $11.96.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang.  I saw an article last week that said McDonalds was raising their prices again.  Fries were going up something like 25%.  I generally don't eat there so my previous prices were probably pre-Biden Inflation numbers.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:15:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Moving forward to 1990

Inside a McDonald's Restaurant in 1990 Part II
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:18:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Lets go to present time

Brutal fight in McDonald’s *MUST WATCH!!! She used her keys as a weapon
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:19:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Back when their fries were awesome and the food tasted good.

This was before the food nazi's mandated healthier meals at fast food locations.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:20:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:23:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Used to be a nice place to live for middle class people.

Now if you want nice, you need money to get away from it or move out to the boonies.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That documented the last time Mickey D’s had a working ice cream machine.
View Quote

Fake news. Last year I saw a kid in McDonald's with an ice cream.
I doubt he brought it from home.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Location KY.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:31:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't describe how starving I'd have to be to eat a McNugget today. I'm thinking 2nd day with no food.

In a moment of nostalgia and bad judgement I bought McNuggets 2 years ago. I ate 1 and a half and threw the rest away.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:35:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Normal people, normal zip code. You can still find that sometimes from place to place.

I have a theory that the internet has actually turned people into assholes because they can say what they want without consequences and even if their views are wildly unpopular than can find a like minded forum that will function as a support group. This combined with with getting rewarded for posting outlandish videos of bad behavior raced us to the lowest acceptable common denominators of society.

If there was no internet, Kanye West would work at McDonalds.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:40:37 AM EDT
[#36]
It is said that what is called "the spirit of an age" is something to which one cannot return. That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world's coming to an end. In the same way, a single year does not have just spring or summer. A single day, too, is the same. For this reason, although one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation.
View Quote

- Ghost Dog
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Smoking in a McDonalds
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:49:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Where’s the fighting, twerking on counter tops, and furniture tossing?
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:13:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prior to that, McDonald's didn't allow you to order more food.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:22:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That bullshit food pyramid
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

They did away with the kangaroo meat
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:46:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

The one near me had a big booth for bday parties.

The thing that strikes me the most about that video is how dressed up people were.  Both the employees and the public.

I haven’t been to one in a few years and even then it was drive through, but McDonald’s employees have usually been very friendly and positive to the ones I went to.  Wendy's was always a shit show.  Show me that video from the 80s.  The one near me had some work release looking forearm tatted dudes working there back then.  And they always got the order wrong.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:52:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When I was a kid in the 80s, I took a tour of a McDonald’s restaurant.

I asked the guy working there how come the hamburgers were so good.

He told me it was because of the order that they put the stuff on the burger.

I believed that for many many years lol.
View Quote

He was serious. I worked there in the late 80's.
Everything on every item had to go in a particular order.
You want a Big Mac with ketchup? No fucking way. Impossible.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 5:16:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

They gave away free apple pies in parts of NC and pretty much all of SC if you bought a meal. I don't think I ever paid for one. This is from Charlotte NC down as far south as Columbia SC. I couldn't tell you about the other parts of the states.

Edited to add, this was the case from the late 70s up through the early 2000s
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:19:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Super-size had nothing to do with weight gain.

Personal responsibility did.

McDonald's of '84 is light years better than the tasteless
shit of today.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:21:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Back when both the workers and customers had pride. And behaved like adults. How far we have fallen.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#48]
McDonalds hasn't changed. Society has….by purpose and design.  Savagery requires response mechanisms….the trick is to use the response against your political opponents while nurturing more savagery.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Fat people were the anomaly back then.  No more.  And people gave a shit how they looked.
View Quote

And as far as I can remember they didn’t even have to think about.  Now it seems to take a constant mental effort to not look like a bag of shit.  People smoked a whole lot more back then too.  Hmmm.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Back when their fries were awesome and the food tasted good.

This was before the food nazi's mandated healthier meals at fast food locations.
View Quote

QFT.

Pre-1990 fries were awesome and more addictive
than crack cocaine.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top